HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kreider/JT Miller Discussion Thread (2/16: Kreider recalled to NHL)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2013, 09:33 PM
  #526
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
So can it be presumed yet that the Rangers will not slide J.T. Miller's contract? If he plays another game this season, his ELC starts.

On Kreider---to me, he should not have been up at all this season in the first place, since he was struggling so badly with the Whale. (Off-topic---does Christian Thomas deserve a 5-game look?)
CT has 3g 3a in the Whale's last 3 games. I think he gets a shot at some point this season if he keeps up his play in CT.

Definitely couldn't hurt to try him on the PP. He'd probably instantly be our best one-time option out there.

silverfish is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:41 PM
  #527
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
I remember Thomas being known for his slap shot. Even so, if he was such a sniper I really wish he would have backed it up with some AHL production against lesser quality opposition and goaltenders.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
  #528
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
I remember Thomas being known for his slap shot. Even so, if he was such a sniper I really wish he would have backed it up with some AHL production against lesser quality opposition and goaltenders.
CT was trying to show his playmaking skills, which did not work very well in the AHL. He got benched, he decided to go back to his bread and butter, speed and shooting about a month ago and the results followed.
I will try to find an article discussing CT in the AHL.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:04 PM
  #529
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius
 
Glen Sathers Cigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
I read somewhere that Kreider didn't have a shot on goal tonight for the Whale.

This kid needs to have someone tell him straight up: he needs to play with more intensity and drive. As torts would put it "Jam." He has the tools, he just needs to constantly be moving his feet, throwing hits and taking shots. His biggest problem has been his lack of intensity. He looks tentative with the puck and seems to have zero confidence. For him to be successful he needs to play like hags. Constantly moving his feet. He has tremendous speed, but it's rarely a factor because he's always coasting.

JAM!

Glen Sathers Cigar is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:07 PM
  #530
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR135 View Post
I read somewhere that Kreider didn't have a shot on goal tonight for the Whale.

This kid needs to have someone tell him straight up: he needs to play with more intensity and drive. As torts would put it "Jam." He has the tools, he just needs to constantly be moving his feet, throwing hits and taking shots. His biggest problem has been his lack of intensity. He looks tentative with the puck and seems to have zero confidence. For him to be successful he needs to play like hags. Constantly moving his feet. He has tremendous speed, but it's rarely a factor because he's always coasting.

JAM!
It's scary how much he's regressed in a span of a couple of months. In the playoffs, he was a machine at generating shots on net in a much tighter checking system. Right now, he's lucky to get one shot on net every other game it seems. Maybe he is hiding an injury?!!? That's the only thing I can think of.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:09 PM
  #531
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
CK is lost .

Dorado* is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:33 PM
  #532
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 500
Kreider wasn't a liability after he came back. He wasn't impressive, but he also wasn't detracting.

Two points in four games and was a +4.

People are overlooking that five of his eight games were against three of the best teams in the league.

There was no reason to demote him. He showed flashes. That's all you could ask from offensive-minded rookies. Its a learning experience and the Kreider we saw after the ankle injury was better than the Kreider we saw the first week of the season.

Again, there was no reason to send him down or bench him. He's going to learn more playing 10 mins a game in an NHL playoff environment than playing 16 mins a night with Segal and Jean.

God, if Torts held the entire roster accountable for making a mistake or two in 9 mins of play, the whole team would be in Hartford.

Somebody's going to get hurt. Kreider will be back soon regardless of what he does in Hartford.

Maybe the professor behind the bench will have an epiphany

GWOW is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 12:09 AM
  #533
SickNice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Kreisler had 0 PTS, 1 SOG, 2 PIM (hooking), and was -1 in tonight's 4-1 win for the Whale...

SickNice is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 12:12 AM
  #534
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Kreider could use some time in Hartford. He's a rookie, and you can't expect him to walk right into the NHL and be ready for it.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 12:15 AM
  #535
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
Kreisler had 0 PTS, 1 SOG, 2 PIM (hooking), and was -1 in tonight's 4-1 win for the Whale...
That's, that's freaking awful.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 12:21 AM
  #536
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
That's, that's freaking awful.
Don't worry I don't think Kreisler is a top prospect.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 12:42 AM
  #537
Rangerboy030
Registered User
 
Rangerboy030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
Kreisler had 0 PTS, 1 SOG, 2 PIM (hooking), and was -1 in tonight's 4-1 win for the Whale...
Yuck.

Rangerboy030 is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 12:49 AM
  #538
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowblindnyr View Post
don't worry i don't think kreisler is a top prospect.
Attachment 61167


Last edited by JohnC: 02-17-2013 at 07:54 PM.
JohnC is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 12:52 AM
  #539
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 500
The good news is that Sather and company aren't averse to throwing these kids out there without spending much time down on the farm.

I'd like to see them call McIlrath up for a look before they trade for a rental dman at the deadline

GWOW is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 03:02 AM
  #540
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
The good news is that Sather and company aren't averse to throwing these kids out there without spending much time down on the farm.

I'd like to see them call McIlrath up for a look before they trade for a rental dman at the deadline
I think that would be a recipe for disaster right now.... Rangers are still trying to find their footing defensively and at this point Gilroy, Eminger, and Stralman are all going to be better options than inserting a defensive prospect with barely any pro experience into the line-up. I'd like to see McIlrath playing well & consistently at the AHL level before they would even consider throwing him out there with the Rangers.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 03:42 AM
  #541
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I think that would be a recipe for disaster right now.... Rangers are still trying to find their footing defensively and at this point Gilroy, Eminger, and Stralman are all going to be better options than inserting a defensive prospect with barely any pro experience into the line-up. I'd like to see McIlrath playing well & consistently at the AHL level before they would even consider throwing him out there with the Rangers.
Yes, the season will become unhinged following the arrival of a 20-year-old 6th defenseman.

Call him up, let him get a taste, get into some fights and take it from there.

GWOW is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 05:52 AM
  #542
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Yes, the season will become unhinged following the arrival of a 20-year-old 6th defenseman.

Call him up, let him get a taste, get into some fights and take it from there.
If Almighty All knowing Gordie drafted this kid to just " grt into some fights " @ 10 overall he should be fired . This kid supposedly has some upside .now if McI can come in eventually and handle players like Lucic and Horton who run rough shod over NYR then I'm down with it . Using one on the organizations supposed to

Dorado* is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 05:54 AM
  #543
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Prospects as a goon punching bag is piss poor asset management. He's either eventually ready to play a meaningful d man or not . Using him as a goon and passing on Fowler who has major offensive ability and Tarasenko who is going to be a super star for a punching bag was a huge flop .

Dorado* is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 06:11 AM
  #544
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
That's, that's freaking awful.
Certainly not a reassuring line, especially in a 4-1 win, but here was Crawford's analysis of his game:

Quote:
@HawkCrawford: Thought he was pretty active and had one of his better games. MT @BlkNBlueShirts: @HawkCrawford Saw he was -1 but how did he look otherwise?
Which is certainly more along the lines of what you want to hear.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now  
Old
02-16-2013, 06:21 AM
  #545
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
If Almighty All knowing Gordie drafted this kid to just " grt into some fights " @ 10 overall he should be fired . This kid supposedly has some upside .now if McI can come in eventually and handle players like Lucic and Horton who run rough shod over NYR then I'm down with it . Using one on the organizations supposed to

I have a strange feeling they dont want him to just fight, but knowing his tendencies, I say he fights his first game.


Either way, a game or two in the NHL wont hurt his development.

GWOW is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 06:33 AM
  #546
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,851
vCash: 500
You're judging a player by the box score? This isn't baseball.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 06:44 AM
  #547
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 500
I'm in Afghanistan. It's all I got.


Still, I'm not sold on Hartford for Kreider. You cant punish a kid for 7 games.

Chemistry and continuity in NYC will help Kreider more than 7 extra mins of ice time a game in hartford.

Torts' haphazard way of stringing lines together is odd. Hagelin and Stepan have both gone through long schnide's without doing anything, but they stayed with the big club and played on all four lines.

GWOW is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 06:54 AM
  #548
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,680
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Tortorella was not available yesterday as the Rangers had the day off, but on Thursday he explained the scratch of Kreider by saying: ďI donít think Chris has done anything poorly but on the other end, I donít think heís done anything really good either.Ē
Quote:
This will mark Kreiderís second AHL stint. He played 33 games for Connecticut during the NHL lockout in which he recorded only five goals and 12 points. The Rangers expect him to do really good things for the Whale. They expect Kreider to assert himself. If he does, he will be back in Blue.
http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers...0%20%20Rangers

From Brooks today

BBKers is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 07:02 AM
  #549
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
You're judging a player by the box score? This isn't baseball.
I had to check my eyes. Calm down people.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 07:04 AM
  #550
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,417
vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
It's scary how much he's regressed in a span of a couple of months. In the playoffs, he was a machine at generating shots on net in a much tighter checking system. Right now, he's lucky to get one shot on net every other game it seems. Maybe he is hiding an injury?!!? That's the only thing I can think of.
There was no expectations during the playoffs. Now there are. That can mentally handcuff a lot of young guys. That's what Kreider needs to get past - forget the expectations, projections and fans, and just get back to being an excited kid who enjoys being on the ice and playing on the big stage.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.