HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL TV news and discussion

Old
02-14-2013, 05:42 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
May I ask why Slovak national television don' broadcast Slovan games ? Slovan is lone Slovak club in best euro league, hockey is national sport in Slovakia. Even here in Croatia is almost unimagiable that croatian TV doesn't broadcast Medvescak's game if it is some important one.
They dont have tv rights, Sport TV bough it. It was discussed earlier, slovak broadcasters are .... .

You know, slovak broadcasters was not interesting in KHL a few years ago. Why should be? Some russian league? No. Now, there is a boom and Sport TV has great product... only succesfull sport product in Slovakia. If people wants to want Slovan next seasons, they will subscribe it. No other choice (expect khl.ru)

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:35 PM
tohaa

all games should be televised really, no reason why one team should be considered less significant than another....and don't forget that Slovan has a better fan base than pretty much any other KHL team. The league definitely needs to step up in terms of professionalism t be taken seriously all around.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 02-14-2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: qdp
tohaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:53 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohaa View Post
all games should be televised really, no reason why one team should be considered less significant than another....and don't forget that Slovan has a better fan base than pretty much any other KHL team. The league definitely needs to step up in terms of professionalism t be taken seriously all around.
yes, agreed, point taken. No need for Slovakian hysteria though, throwing big wards from behind a keyboard

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:53 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
the hell, why league? Why not broadcasters, jounalists, etc?

KHL can not solve every problem. As I know, home games of Slovan are not in HD, but SD. Right? Do you really think that KHL has power to force Sport TV to broadcast in HD?

Sport TV has no analytic program during intermissions. Who do you blame? Sport TV or KHL? I would say that Sport TV. If you agree, why you blame KHL for no-broadcast of Spartak vs Slovan game?

KHL is here to rule league, KHL does not broadcast games. Television broadcasters are to do it.

Yes, russian and slovak broadcasters are not as good as TSN, ESPN, CBS etc. It is problem of broadcasters, not KHL. KHL can recommend someting and KHL does it! On the other hand KHL cannot force them!

Another story is khl game center at website. I admit, it is not ideal.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Faterson

[MOD]

The point is this: It doesn't matter who played in that particular game. It's absolutely inexcusable for the league to fail to televise one of the crucial games deciding about the play-offs race in the Western Conference. You can't wriggle out of that with silly excuses. It's totally amateurish, making the KHL look like a beer league next to the NHL. What could be more exciting than the finale of the play-offs race (except for the play-offs themselves)?

Even if there was no telecast, it was a professional obligation for khl.ru at least to offer a webcast of that crucial game to their paying customers. But they didn't. Why? Because they're just a bunch of clueless amateurs. The season-long fiasco that is khl.ru's video site, has hit its all-time low now.

Last edited by stv11: 02-15-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:08 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

to MOD: Sorry for posting russian sources without translation. It is a lot of text to translate. I am ready to translate some parts later.

Everybody should read following articles before attacking KHL for broadcasting

http://izvestia.ru/news/534017
http://www.khl.ru/news/2012/10/11/45296.html
http://www.eurosport.ru/ice-hockey/k...o3470635.shtml
http://www.sports.ru/hockey/139258211.html
http://tv.khl.ru/news/9958/
http://tv.khl.ru/news/12049/
http://tv.khl.ru/news/14505/
http://tv.khl.ru/news/14593/
http://tv.khl.ru/news/16108/
http://tv.khl.ru/news/16786/
http://tv.khl.ru/news/17540/

Old
02-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Faterson

Sorry, even if you post 100 links, there is no excuse.

A professional league must make at least a webcast of such a crucial game available.

Especially when you consider that khl.ru has been selling "All Games by Your Team" video subscriptions from their website! I suppose someone could even sue khl.ru for selling a product using false advertising. The video subscription is not sold as "all games by your team that we care to broadcast". Nope, it just says "all games by 1 team". Similar complaints might be raised by anyone careless enough to have purchased the "All Games, All Season" video subscription from khl.ru.

I suppose that may be one of the reasons why they're basically "hiding" the khl.ru video section from non-Russian visitors, and apparently make the purchase of broadcasts as difficult as possible for "foreigners". Somebody is probably realizing over there that they are selling video subscriptions that they won't be able to deliver in full measure. And the laws in the European Union are very strict against such business practices...

Old
02-14-2013, 09:39 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Sorry, even if you post 100 links, there is no excuse.

A professional league must make at least a webcast of such a crucial game available.

Especially when you consider that khl.ru has been selling "All Games by Your Team" video subscriptions from their website! I suppose someone could even sue khl.ru for selling a product using false advertising. The video subscription is not sold as "all games by your team that we care to broadcast". Nope, it just says "all games by 1 team". Similar complaints might be raised by anyone careless enough to have purchased the "All Games, All Season" video subscription from khl.ru.
you can sue them. Good luck

Quote:
I suppose that may be one of the reasons why they're basically "hiding" the khl.ru video section from non-Russian visitors, and apparently make the purchase of broadcasts as difficult as possible for "foreigners". Somebody is probably realizing over there that they are selling video subscriptions that they won't be able to deliver in full measure. And the laws in the European Union are very strict against such business practices...
overreaction and too much fantasy. To be serious, it has nothing to do with European Union. KHL is not subject of european law.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
you can sue them.
I haven't bought their subscription. That's another ridiculous thing: they're still selling season-long subscriptions in February, for the full September prices! Ah, the good old Soviet Union хозращёт practices, as far removed from common sense and sane business, as the Earth is from the Moon! The approach is, "Let's just run this whole thing into the ground, shall we?"

Quote:
it has nothing to do with European Union. KHL is not subject of european law.
Could you possibly make a sillier remark? Nope, you couldn't. Have you never noticed that Slovakia, Czech Republic and Latvia are EU member states? If the KHL wants to sell its products in EU countries, it must conform with EU laws. Otherwise, let's just forget about the "KHL" monicker and disband the whole "international" project. There is nothing even remotely international about khl.ru's video section this season. This fact is the KHL's worst failure this season, along with the many successes. I wonder what KHL President would say in an interview if a journalist asked him about the total failure that the khl.ru's video section has been all season long.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:36 AM
ult

[MOD]

There are 20 Russian teams. There are only 2 (TWO) generally available channels that broadcast KHL games. For half of those teams they don't have the regional channels. So KHL TV and Russia 2 HAVE to PRIORITIZE, based on RATINGS. There were a lot of other games, so they chose the TOP ONES to broadcast live. You have your own ****ing channels in Slovakia who have the rights, but didn't bother to show the game. Now why the hell should our channels lose the VAST MAJORITY of viewers and broadcast a Slovan-Spartak game that NO ONE CARES about, so that those 200 Slovan fans could watch the PIRATED stream on ONHOCKEY?

The signal was produced, and the replays were available after the game. Blame your own ****ing channels and your own team. If you don't want to do it (broadcast the game) - no one else is gonna do it for you. No one owes you anything. Go join NHL, return to slovak extraleague, create your own channel, whatever. No one gives a ****. Your endless whining won't change a thing.

Last edited by stv11: 02-15-2013 at 03:54 AM.
ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:56 AM
Faterson

[MOD]

I said quite clearly: I don't give a damn about TV broadcasts. TV is old-fashioned, for our grandmas and grandpas. I watch all NHL broadcasts using their superb NHL GameCenter Live service -- and that's an online service, not a TV channel. And, of course, I watch all those games on my 46-inch TV screen. If the KHL gives us something similar, I'll be very happy!

So again: the KHL's failure is not in failing to televise the game, but in failing to provide at least a webcast of it. Notice the word now? There is no excuse for the KHL to fail to provide the webcast for us.

Also, what replay are you talking about? There were no replays of that game available on that day. In fact, I'm pretty sure the replay isn't available even right now. If it is, please post the link here, ult, instead of ranting. I'm talking about a full-length replay, of course, something that is obvious for the NHL to make available for every game. You know where you can put your 2-minute highlights.

Last edited by stv11: 02-15-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old
02-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Really? That's the point where I want the fan base and the team out of the league.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:52 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
slovaks are about to blame the KHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
First time in sports history that a rescheduling with have to happen due to an impact event....

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
ebis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
slovaks are about to blame the KHL
Oh come on, you know you are exaggerating. Faterson could have been less aggressive about it, but he was right in everything. What happened was a disgrace.

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:56 PM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Oh come on, you know you are exaggerating. Faterson could have been less aggressive about it, but he was right in everything. What happened was a disgrace.
Disgrace by Slovan. They should be excluded.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:23 AM
kajoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Disgrace by Slovan. They should be excluded.
would be best for everyone. Viňovsk was right.

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:26 AM
Faterson

Erm, what? You guys struggling with hangovers?

Old
02-16-2013, 07:02 AM
kajoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Erm, what? You guys struggling with hangovers?
no, why ? Im dead serious, KHL is bush league pretending to be something else if they cant offer one lousy podcast in a crucial stage of regular season. Whats the point of playing a league noone can watch ? Stopped caring about this nonsence, KHL is all yours, enjoy.

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:19 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
no, why ? Im dead serious, KHL is bush league pretending to be something else if they cant offer one lousy podcast in a crucial stage of regular season. Whats the point of playing a league noone can watch ? Stopped caring about this nonsence, KHL is all yours, enjoy.
Well goodbye,we will certainly miss you,kajoo

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:27 AM
ult

Quote:
FINALLY! Bye!

Old
02-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Bye bye drama kid.

BTW that Atlant commercial reminds more of some dyadya Vanya than some policical leader haha

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:24 AM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
that's why I stopped following KHL/Slovan too, I don't understand how they can't be able bring on TV game from capital of Russia ...not to mention other russian cities/games before that Spartak Moscow road game.

ModryJazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:27 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Ok, Spartak v Slovan game was not at KHL game center. If it was, how many people would buy it? 10? More? If KHL game center was great and you can pay via PayPal, how many people would buy the game? 20? More? I am sure that Slovaks would not pay for it, not more than 1000 guys. Pirate streams are famous here.

Many people say that KHL and clubs are throwing money out of window. It reminds me this situation with Spartak v Slovan game if was available via KHL game center. costs >>>>>profit

I am not talking about TV. If Sport TV cared, they could send crew to Moscow. Oh yeah, only KHL is to blame!

To sum up, KHL has priority to make better television broadcasting, Game center at website is not priority, because income from broadcasting is much higher. People in Europe/Russia are not used to pay for sport games, not in thousands/milions people as in N.America.
Believe me, KHL is making on HD, maybe 90% of play-off will be in HD. Depends on broadcaster.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:34 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Ok, Spartak v Slovan game was not at KHL game center. If it was, how many people would buy it? 10? More? If KHL game center was great and you can pay via PayPal, how many people would buy the game? 20? More? I am sure that Slovaks would not pay for it, not more than 1000 guys. Pirate streams are famous here.

Many people say that KHL and clubs are throwing money out of window. It reminds me this situation with Spartak v Slovan game if was available via KHL game center. costs >>>>>profit

I am not talking about TV. If Sport TV cared, they could send crew to Moscow. Oh yeah, only KHL is to blame!

To sum up, KHL has priority to make better television broadcasting, Game center at website is not priority, because income from broadcasting is much higher. People in Europe/Russia are not used to pay for sport games, not in thousands/milions people as in N.America.
Believe me, KHL is making on HD, maybe 90% of play-off will be in HD. Depends on broadcaster.
Yeah its really only Slovak broadcasters to blame,here in Latvia Dinamo Riga games are always broadcasted for first 4 years it was LTV7 and now its Viasat Sport Baltic/TV6.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:35 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:

Also a very valid point.