Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Serie A 2012-13

Old
02-04-2013, 06:04 PM
gary69

vCash: 500
Milan actually played like a very good team, which has been the case only a few times this season. Well at least for the first 55 minutes or so. We'll see if it lasts beyond just one game, but team seems to have been transformed from an old, unispired one to one actually trying to play and make things happen.

Some players made a big impression, Montolivo was very good with great passing range and accuracy, plus extraordinary calmness and technique with the ball when in possession.

Obviously that's not the ideal use of him, but I was most impressed with Niang's work ethic and work rate. He run up and down the right flank until substituted, and made very good defensive plays in the process. Tackling, heading and generally helping the defenders to win back possession in own half. In offence, he showed some good things, although sometimes he was overly eager and rushed things too much, which led to passes being intercepted too easily and wasted opportunities. But given his age, than can be forgiven.

I have been unsure about him earlier in this season, but in this game Constant was a more than worthy of his place in the side. Great technique and control of the ball, got past opponents in tough defensive situations with ease and great confidence. The only doubt that remains is that his judgement ragarding positioning seems a bit awkward at times, but it's hard to tell whether he's doing it wrong or are other defenders at fault.

Zapata looks like having a better technique and first touch from his time spent in Spain, combined with his physical tools he has developed to quite a good defensive defender.

El Shaarawy has had much better games for Milan this season, but even his he was just good in this game, he still managed to be involved in both of their goals.

No need to go speficic on Balotelli, he lifted the confidence of others around him, hopefully it lasts.

Flamini and Nocerino worked hard, and put in a good shift given their limitations, which was evident from their sometimes not so impressive passing ability. Abate was all right as well.

Only Bonera was shaky from the starting line-up, and you just knew anything dangerous would come when he would not be playing at his upper limit. He sensibly tried to play it very safe and keep it simple, and still his lack of pace, anticipation and poor positioning eventually let him down allowing Udinese to score.

Oh, and then there was Bojan, a substitute. He's such a useless player for this Milan team and the way thay are playing. Can't play at top as a striker nor hold the ball up, isn't fast enough and can't dribble past opponents nor shoot accurately or even hard from long range when playing in the hole behind strikers. And his passing was poor as well, couldn't get a single pass to reach an own player. Didn't do any backtracking or defensive work either, just stood there waiting for others to get him the ball. And he then had the audacity to keep yelling and complaining to other players as if they were at fault for his poor play, when it was him who clearly was out of sync with teammates.

Hopefully they don't sign him at the end of season, someone like Boateng fits the role much better.

gary69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary69 View Post
Milan actually played like a very good team, which has been the case only a few times this season. Well at least for the first 55 minutes or so. We'll see if it lasts beyond just one game, but team seems to have been transformed from an old, unispired one to one actually trying to play and make things happen.

Some players made a big impression, Montolivo was very good with great passing range and accuracy, plus extraordinary calmness and technique with the ball when in possession.

Obviously that's not the ideal use of him, but I was most impressed with Niang's work ethic and work rate. He run up and down the right flank until substituted, and made very good defensive plays in the process. Tackling, heading and generally helping the defenders to win back possession in own half. In offence, he showed some good things, although sometimes he was overly eager and rushed things too much, which led to passes being intercepted too easily and wasted opportunities. But given his age, than can be forgiven.

I have been unsure about him earlier in this season, but in this game Constant was a more than worthy of his place in the side. Great technique and control of the ball, got past opponents in tough defensive situations with ease and great confidence. The only doubt that remains is that his judgement ragarding positioning seems a bit awkward at times, but it's hard to tell whether he's doing it wrong or are other defenders at fault.

Zapata looks like having a better technique and first touch from his time spent in Spain, combined with his physical tools he has developed to quite a good defensive defender.

El Shaarawy has had much better games for Milan this season, but even his he was just good in this game, he still managed to be involved in both of their goals.

No need to go speficic on Balotelli, he lifted the confidence of others around him, hopefully it lasts.

Flamini and Nocerino worked hard, and put in a good shift given their limitations, which was evident from their sometimes not so impressive passing ability. Abate was all right as well.

Only Bonera was shaky from the starting line-up, and you just knew anything dangerous would come when he would not be playing at his upper limit. He sensibly tried to play it very safe and keep it simple, and still his lack of pace, anticipation and poor positioning eventually let him down allowing Udinese to score.

Oh, and then there was Bojan, a substitute. He's such a useless player for this Milan team and the way thay are playing. Can't play at top as a striker nor hold the ball up, isn't fast enough and can't dribble past opponents nor shoot accurately or even hard from long range when playing in the hole behind strikers. And his passing was poor as well, couldn't get a single pass to reach an own player. Didn't do any backtracking or defensive work either, just stood there waiting for others to get him the ball. And he then had the audacity to keep yelling and complaining to other players as if they were at fault for his poor play, when it was him who clearly was out of sync with teammates.

Hopefully they don't sign him at the end of season, someone like Boateng fits the role much better.
Bojan was such a promising young player. He's becoming every club's reject.

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:04 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary69 View Post
Describes him very well. He's talented AND makes effort, but can sometimes miss the obvious by trying to go too fast.
Still he's a great prospect.

Evilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Balo was spectacular, exactly what we need at the moment. Could have easily scored 5-6 goals in Sunday's game

Forza Mario & Forza Diavolo

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

The day AC gets rid of Bonera will be a pretty happy day for me, the only guy I hated more was Jon Dahl Tomasson. I can't believe we went from Baresi, Tassoti, Maldini, Costacurta, Cafu, Nesta, Silva to sieves like Mexes, Yepes and Bonera.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:33 PM
SenorDingDong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Describes him very well. He's talented AND makes effort, but can sometimes miss the obvious by trying to go too fast.
Still he's a great prospect.
For an 18 year old playing on a top flight club in SerieA I would say hes making a very good impression.

Niang (18), Balotelli (22) and SES (20)

Have all the making to be a deadly top 3 going forward and have to be one of if not the youngest starting forwards for a top flight club in Eorpe.

Now if we just signed some competent defenders we're set.

SenorDingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

http://deadspin.com/5981973/mario-ba...ium=socialflow

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:37 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Belfodil not starting vs Milan ?

WTF Donadoni

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Spectaculard
On your knees, Lucy

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Balotelli 4 goals in 3 games.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:54 PM
SilasAdams

Balotelli is thriving in his new role back at home for Milan. AC is a lot scarier now with his PK and Free Kick abilities. If Milan could add one potent defender and maybe a midfielder they could be one of the top teams in Europe imo. I hope they finish in the top three for a UCL spot.
Sucks Balotelli cant play in the Barcelona matchup in Champions League. Would of made things a little interesting.

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:53 AM
SenorDingDong

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingintheNorth View Post
Balotelli is thriving in his new role back at home for Milan. AC is a lot scarier now with his PK and Free Kick abilities. If Milan could add one potent defender and maybe a midfielder they could be one of the top teams in Europe imo. I hope they finish in the top three for a UCL spot.
Sucks Balotelli cant play in the Barcelona matchup in Champions League. Would of made things a little interesting.
They need an overhaul on their defense and in my opinion they will be one of the top teams.

They did buy a very highly rated young polish defender.

http://www.soccersouls.com/2013/02/a...salamon-today/

Montolivo in midfield is really coming of age. He finally is on a team with a dedicated role playing almost every game and its starting to show in his abilities. Watching him he is becoming Pirlo esque (though he has a long way to go to get to those heights still).

Old
02-16-2013, 04:06 PM
XO

Totti gives Roma the lead with one hell of a strike

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 04:47 PM
XO

Juventus looked tired this game, probably because of Champions League. Let's just hope Napoli can win over Sampdoria tomorrow and things will be get really interesting.

Oh, and Juventus did not get to take the corner at the end, just like for us (United) against Real Madrid

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:11 PM
HajdukSplit

Napoli have some wierd complex against teams they should beat, once again they don't take full advantage of Juve losing.

Fiorentina smacking Inter Milan at the moment, hopefully Fiorentina qualify for Europe, although if they make the EL they probably won't take it seriously

HajdukSplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Caramel

Viola actually do take the EL pretty seriously, under Prandelli atleast.

Caramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
Napoli have some wierd complex against teams they should beat, once again they don't take full advantage of Juve losing.
I didn't see the game against Sampdoria, but generally I think this could be something caused by their counter-attacking playing style. They are easily one of the top 3 teams in Europe while on the counter, which makes them very good against teams that try to direct the play and control possession but isn't of much use when up against teams that sit back and play defensively.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:20 AM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
I didn't see the game against Sampdoria, but generally I think this could be something caused by their counter-attacking playing style. They are easily one of the top 3 teams in Europe while on the counter, which makes them very good against teams that try to direct the play and control possession but isn't of much use when up against teams that sit back and play defensively.
I'd say your spot on but regardless Napoli have the players to beat a team like Sampdoria. But I agree that a lot of time it makes them looks a lot better than they really are.

Padrino86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:59 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
They need an overhaul on their defense and in my opinion they will be one of the top teams.

They did buy a very highly rated young polish defender.

http://www.soccersouls.com/2013/02/a...salamon-today/

Montolivo in midfield is really coming of age. He finally is on a team with a dedicated role playing almost every game and its starting to show in his abilities. Watching him he is becoming Pirlo esque (though he has a long way to go to get to those heights still).

Great link ding dong, didn't even know they signed him. I'm not expecting much, but who knows, he can't be any worse than Bonera and Yepes, right? Once those two leave and Zapata+Acerbi take over, I'll be happy.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:18 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Great link ding dong, didn't even know they signed him. I'm not expecting much, but who knows, he can't be any worse than Bonera and Yepes, right? Once those two leave and Zapata+Acerbi take over, I'll be happy.
Acerbi was sold to Genoa!

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:02 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Acerbi was sold to Genoa!
Wow, brain fart. Do we ever need to sign a CB for next season once the window opens then.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:08 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

El shaarawy!!! What a goal and pass by boateng

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:59 PM
LOFIN

It's becoming quite hard to tell what's going on in the pitch from my broadcast because of the smoke/fog.

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Schelotto!!!! This game needed another goal.

Btw, AC Milan looks so much more confident after that Barca win.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:43 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Only watched the 2nd half, pretty even I would say

Not too may great goalscoring chances made, AC's defense looked shaky especially at the end there

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:22 PM
SenorDingDong

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Only watched the 2nd half, pretty even I would say

Not too may great goalscoring chances made, AC's defense looked shaky especially at the end there
The first half was an AC Milan domination. Milan should have been up 3-0 at the break. The second half was much more static and evenly balanced.

SES goal - beauty finish