HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tangradi traded to the Jets for a 7th round pick

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

vCash: 500
That said... Hitchcock is now throttling Tarasenko's ice time to 3-4 minutes a period, if you can believe that ****. So if that coach does that with a mega-talent like Tarasenko, we shouldn't be shocked Disco does it to Tangradi. Although in another way I think it shows how old school / stubborn Hitch is in some ways.

Everything I've seen out of Tarasenko suggests he keeps up well with the speed of the NHL game, plays it smart position-wise, and anticipates things very well. So I have no idea what he's doing there. I don't know if Hitch thinks that's "tough love / motivation" or what but to me it seems really stupid. I don't expect a rookie to get 20 minutes a game or anything but 15 for a player like that seems perfectly reasonable.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:46 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
That said... Hitchcock is now throttling Tarasenko's ice time to 3-4 minutes a period, if you can believe that ****. So if that coach does that with a mega-talent like Tarasenko, we shouldn't be shocked Disco does it to Tangradi.
***** Tangradi.

Bylsma throttled Despres' ice time back to 3-4 minutes a period so Niskanen could do his 'remember how I played in Dallas' routine.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
***** Tangradi.

Bylsma throttled Despres' ice time back to 3-4 minutes a period so Niskanen could do his 'remember how I played in Dallas' routine.
Yah to be honest unless it's an endurance thing I'm not in favor of throttling Elmer's ice time at all. Perfectly content to let him learn the game with his 17 minutes or whatever he gets, mistakes and all. That said, Shero could be showcasing Niskanen to scouts (which, didn't work too well tonight for that purpose).

Old
02-15-2013, 09:52 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Yah to be honest unless it's an endurance thing I'm not in favor of throttling Elmer's ice time at all. Perfectly content to let him learn the game with his 17 minutes or whatever he gets, mistakes and all. That said, Shero could be showcasing Niskanen to scouts (which, didn't work too well tonight for that purpose).
Same for the showcasing of TK.

After all, there's no other plausible explanation for the distribution of ice time tonight.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:22 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Same for the showcasing of TK.

After all, there's no other plausible explanation for the distribution of ice time tonight.
Was anyone scouting our game?

Old
02-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
***** Tangradi.

I don't really understand why the Engelland/Despres pairing is getting so few minutes. Tonight they got just over 10 minutes. They've been steady enough that they should be getting at least 14 or 15 minutes a night.

Old
02-16-2013, 04:51 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Tangradi looked good. He needs to play physical like that more often but he doesn't. That was part of the problem.

Niskanen is clearly not 100%. He wasn't this game even before the hit and wasn't the last game either. Not sure why he's playing unless he has one of those injuries that you have to suck it up because it just isn't going to get any better before the end of the season. It does make you wonder why Despres isn't playing a bit more if that's the situation though.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:01 AM
JTG

Quote:
That said... Hitchcock is now throttling Tarasenko's ice time to 3-4 minutes a period, if you can believe that ****. So if that coach does that with a mega-talent like Tarasenko, we shouldn't be shocked Disco does it to Tangradi. Although in another way I think it shows how old school / stubborn Hitch is in some ways.

Everything I've seen out of Tarasenko suggests he keeps up well with the speed of the NHL game, plays it smart position-wise, and anticipates things very well. So I have no idea what he's doing there. I don't know if Hitch thinks that's "tough love / motivation" or what but to me it seems really stupid. I don't expect a rookie to get 20 minutes a game or anything but 15 for a player like that seems perfectly reasonable.
Hitchcock is notoriously hard on young guys, and has always been rumored as a coach young players don't like playing under.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:19 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

I don't think it is a matter of 12, 14 or 16 minutes as much as it is a matter of continuity. Tarasenko is still getting regular shifts with the same line mates. With wingers like Perron, Oshie, MacDonald and Stewart there also, there's nothing wrong with Tarasenko being a third liner on some nights in his rookie season.
At least on the Blues who are just constructed in a different way than us.

It's besides the point with Tangradi now, but I don't think anyone can claim there was ever continuity to his minutes no matter the role he was in.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:45 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I wouldn't read too much into the Niskanen ice time thing. I think this is just a case of them trying to get him back used to the minutes he was playing before. For a guy who isn't a superstar and didn't play in Europe or have a full training camp, he'll probably need a handful of games to get back to the level he was playing pre-injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Was anyone scouting our game?
Every team is scouting every team all the time, whether it's in person or by video.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

All right... now that the trade and the game have past... there's not much reason to continue bashing Tangradi or belly aching about his ice time. He's gone, the game is gone... he didn't score / look that great. Wish him the best.

Closed Thread