HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Karlsson Injured Part III [YT#1] Lacerated Achilles, Surgery Required, Out Indef.

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 08:42 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Beatdown View Post
He extends his lef leg to the left and steps down on the guys leg. We're taking about a dirty gutless puke of a player. He does not get the benefit of the doubt here. Remember his cheap shot on Savard, he tried to make that look like an "innocent" hockey play too. Just skating by and leaning into savards head.
Technically at the time the hit on Savard was just a hockey play.

TheReaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoobMoob View Post
While I think Shanahan made the right call with the way things are currently written, I believe Cooke should have been suspended. Not because I think he necessarily did it on purpose, though I do believe a case could be made, nor because I think reputation is enough to suspend someone on but a matter of responsibility. A player is held responsible for his stick, why not for his skates? Simple as that.
Do you ever see players getting suspended for accidental high sticks?

Old
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

And can we stop posting the Matt Cooke cheapshot history video? How many times does that need to be posted?

Old
02-16-2013, 08:47 AM
3rdLiner

Quote:
He extends his lef leg to the left and steps down on the guys leg. We're taking about a dirty gutless puke of a player. He does not get the benefit of the doubt here. Remember his cheap shot on Savard, he tried to make that look like an "innocent" hockey play too. Just skating by and leaning into savards head.
He absolutely should have been banned from the league after the McDonagh cheap shot. It was so strikingly similar to how he tried to end Savard that it was obvious he would never learn. I really do find the Pen's fans exhaustive defense of him kind of laughable. He played one year without trying to end a stars career we should all forget everything he has done in the past?

However, there is no way he had a premeditated intent to sever EK's achilles there. He was definitely trying to put EK into a vulnerable position and run him into the boards, perhaps he even intended to give a little kick to give it a little extra. But I seriously doubt he could have ever dreamed of pulling off such a precise strike to a not usually vulnerable body part.

Very unfortunate for EK and as long as a Cooke is in the league he will continue to injure star players. He does not have isolated incidents its a complete trend with him and it will not stop.

Last edited by 3rdLiner: 02-16-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old
02-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Heh

Quote:

I have not known of this. OK, this guy is a dishonorable POS and should be suspended for life.
He obviously LOVES injuring othe people, and his specialty is legs.
His attack on Karlsson WAS INTENTIONAL.

PERIOD.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:09 AM
MurphyDump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heh View Post
I have not known of this. OK, this guy is a dishonorable POS and should be suspended for life.
He obviously LOVES injuring othe people, and his specialty is legs.
His attack on Karlsson WAS INTENTIONAL.

PERIOD.
LOL

Thanks Judge.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:12 AM
JMiller

Quote:

They should change the name of that video to "matt cooke's unfortunate accident history"

Old
02-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
LOL

Thanks Judge.
Half of the incidents were nowhere close to the puck, intentional injuries, attacks knee on knee, boarding etc.

This video shows that his unclean attacks are not isolated incidents but almost a criminal history!

Old
02-16-2013, 09:13 AM
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

It's kind of telling that this thread has such a heavy contingent of Boston fans(who rightfully have an axe to grind with Cooke) and Flyers/Wings fans(who just hate everything Pittsburgh). I mean I'm not saying the opinions in here aren't valid, but I don't think it's the most objective bunch right now.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:21 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
It's kind of telling that this thread has such a heavy contingent of Boston fans(who rightfully have an axe to grind with Cooke) and Flyers/Wings fans(who just hate everything Pittsburgh). I mean I'm not saying the opinions in here aren't valid, but I don't think it's the most objective bunch right now.
As opposed to objective pens fans like yourself of course.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:22 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Cooke went to plant his foot, I would say carelessly (and maybe recklessly), and a horrible injury occurs. Almost everyone "in the know" has stated it was an accident but still a hockey play, including GMs, coaches and players from other teams. Last night, Enstrom is injured on a clean hit by Dupuis.

Now we have people saying the Pens' organization is targeting Swedish defensemen, and somehow they link Crosby and Bettman to it, as well as Pens fans and the Penguins logo.

People need to take a step back and think before they post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
As opposed to nearly everyone in the NHL at all levels.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:32 AM
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

Quote:
Is that what I said or have you just read that into my post because you have a chip on your shoulder about Pittsburgh? Notice I didn't mention Ottawa fans either. See, try to keep up now, their player was involved in the incident. So was a Pittsburgh player. So it stands to reason that Pittsburgh and Ottawa fans would be all over this thread.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but most of the hockey world has seemingly come to the conclusion that this was an accident. If Ottawa disagrees, fair enough. I can understand that. Boston? Sure. They rightfully have a problem with Cooke and I don't blame them either. Flyers and Red Wings fans? Come on.

Last edited by TheSniper26: 02-16-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old
02-16-2013, 09:36 AM
RhyZa

Quote:
They should change the name of that video to "matt cooke's unfortunate accident history"
People seriously can't be this naive

Old
02-16-2013, 09:37 AM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

At this point I'm most angry at the officials, the puck went out of play about 10 seconds before the injury and out of 4 those ****ers, not one even sees it and it ends up with Karlsson out for the season. Just another day watching the NHL with game and season changing no calls happening everyday.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:39 AM
BmxHockey

Newton's third law. His foot was up, it was going to come back down, it came down on back of calf. It wasn't a kick. There was no kicking motion.

He has no prior history of kicking his skates at players.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:43 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhyZa View Post
People seriously can't be this naive
You'd think so, but I figure it's pretty close.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:48 AM
3rdLiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmxHockey View Post
Newton's third law. His foot was up, it was going to come back down, it came down on back of calf. It wasn't a kick. There was no kicking motion.

Wanna bet on that?

Old
02-16-2013, 09:51 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:

Yeah, just a hint for the kids out there with less than 100 posts, never make any claim on HF regarding "prior history" of any player.

"Blake Wheeler hates orange juice!"

Three minutes later, someone will post a YT video of him swimming in pool filled to the brim with orange juice.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:52 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
I think this is a must in the interest of fairness.

Quote:

More of a stomp than a kick.

No suspensions yet for kicks maybe, but perhaps you'd better take a closer look at the video of his unfortunate accident history. .

Perhaps this is the much ballyhooed change in Cooke-instead of a series of unfortunate head shot accidents, we will now be treated to unfortunate knee and skate accidents.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:01 AM
BeerMe

Rick Nash is a goon.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:02 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
As opposed to nearly everyone in the NHL at all levels.
Interesting, they must be objective it's not like they could get fined or lose their job for criticizing their employer's judgement in this case.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Interesting, they must be objective it's not like they could get fined or lose their job for criticizing their employer's judgement in this case.
It's a cover-up!!

Old
02-16-2013, 10:10 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
I know there are times when guys say "I can't comment right now because I don't want to give away my money". Or they say no comment.

Instead they are saying, basically, "Get the hell out of here. That was an accident!"

It has not been "close" or something we need to read between the lines for. The only ones still doubting it are Sens fans, one owner, and some Pens haters who have nothing better to do but get some digs in while they can.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Steve Durbano

This is comical. Matt Cooke has played like a lobotomized grandpa since the suspension. He barely will go into a corner for fear of being thrown out of the league.

So naturally, he's going to shiv one of the best players in the NHL?

Sorry, not buying it.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:20 AM
3rdLiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post

Rick Nash is a goon.
Stupid thought there.

Despite that being a completely different type of circumstance from Cooke kicking Osgood, you can find a clip of any of Cooke's cheapshots coming from some other player.

The big difference is the sheer volume of cheapshots performed by Cooke. It is staggering and the list has been posted several times in this thread before. The other key thing is that every player injured by that rat has always been of star caliber. Its just unheard of, for him these incidents have moved form statistical incidents or flukes to a trend. He should have no benefit of the doubt from anyone.

Closed Thread