HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 11:51 AM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Talks about last game of the season? How about that godawful cup of Hope?

Old
02-16-2013, 12:09 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Talks about last game of the season? How about that godawful cup of Hope?
Ugh dont even mention it.It`s more like cup of misery than cup of hope.
Whats of point of winning? " Here enjoy beeing the best out of all the other losers"

Old
02-16-2013, 12:23 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Ugh dont even mention it.It`s more like cup of misery than cup of hope.
Whats of point of winning? " Here enjoy beeing the best out of all the other losers"
All the hopes were already traded away on deadline day.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:31 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Whats of point of winning?
Prize money? IIRC all costs (accomodation, travelling) are paid by KHL

Draft pick? I know ....

Old
02-18-2013, 07:34 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Whats of point of winning?
This question can only be asked by a loser.

Oh wait, these teams indeed are the losers. The question becomes somewhat legit, I guess

Old
02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
This question can only be asked by a loser.

Oh wait, these teams indeed are the losers. The question becomes somewhat legit, I guess
Wow your deduction skills are unmatchable,yes we are losers this season, so what?
I would never say this if we were in play-off race or in play-offs. Cup of Hope is ****ing useless,thats why i asked whats the point of winning in a tournament that doesnt REALLY give you anything.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Wow your deduction skills are unmatchable,yes we are losers this season, so what?
I would never say this if we were in play-off race or in play-offs. Cup of Hope is ****ing useless,thats why i asked whats the point of winning in a tournament that doesnt REALLY give you anything.
Well I guess they'll give the winning team some kind of a trophy. And there also might be some individual trophies for best scorer and such. And, as vorky already says, KHL pays for this... Plus Bukarts has to fight for a new contract and so bunch of other guys. How about regaining winning mentality and creating the core of next year's team already this season + keep players in top form till the WC...?

Donbass will fight to win it, Yugra too... I just hope we are not the only ones who will go on the ice with a ''loser's cup'' philosophy, cause then we really are ******* miserable losers... If you go on ice, you go on ice to win. Doesn't matter what is the tournament or what you get. Just watch the beginning of this video of Sibir from last season's end- no wonder they are in play-offs now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUvFj_jeyI0
We now say to the guys- there's no need to look at the 8th place, it's very far from us, 20 points already, but rather look at the team we are facing next. And let's try to catch them, step by step. And nobody has taken away the joy of wining. if you win every game, you don't feel like a loser. After every game you won you feel like a winner, like a real man. And you rise up every morning with a wish to work harder and harder.

I believe Sandis had something similar when Atlant was still very far from play-offs. Yeah I understand that Cup of Hope is not the fight for play-offs but when the coach of Sibir told these words he knew that there is no play-off for Sibir that season, but he still encouraged the team and look at them now- without Tarasenko but in play-offs. And that speech is the main reason I'll support Sibir in the East this year.

I just don't understand this mentality of throwing games....

Old
03-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Latgale_fan

How do you see next year's roster? Should we keep Bukarts and Pavlovs in the team on permanent basis and sack Biezais and Bičevskis. Who should be the young players- Siksna, Kuzmenkovs, Begovs, young Bukarts?? Tambijevs has been great in Himik, but his +/- sucks ass and probably his attitude too... Other than that no useful 1992s are lying around in Dinamo Rīga system. Even in Liepāja Siksna and Kuzmenkovs are better and probably most realistic options for Dinamo next year. Then again Jevpalovs might come back from his CHL odyssey...

Old
03-03-2013, 11:54 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
How do you see next year's roster? Should we keep Bukarts and Pavlovs in the team on permanent basis and sack Biezais and Bičevskis. Who should be the young players- Siksna, Kuzmenkovs, Begovs, young Bukarts?? Tambijevs has been great in Himik, but his +/- sucks ass and probably his attitude too... Other than that no useful 1992s are lying around in Dinamo Rīga system. Even in Liepāja Siksna and Kuzmenkovs are better and probably most realistic options for Dinamo next year. Then again Jevpalovs might come back from his CHL odyssey...
Bukarts ,if he keeps up with this pace,we should keep Pavlovs too,but we need alot more grit and physicality in our bottom six,i feel we get pushed around by other teams too much so that means bye bye to bicevskis and biezais.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:00 AM
v-man

I like the idea of the Cup of Hope in general, it's just odd that some non play-off teams will have longer seasons than those that made it. And God forbid someone gets an injury that keeps them out of the WC or parts/all of next season.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:26 PM
RobertR
C

Wow. Bukarts is just insane in the Cup of Hope...

I think Abols should hire Helo as his assistant.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:44 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Wow. Bukarts is just insane in the Cup of Hope...

I think Abols should hire Helo as his assistant.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:06 AM
BalticWarrior

2013/14 season

Nvm, if possible mod please close this thread.

Closed Thread