HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 10:09 AM
doug88

vCash: 271
what about blum and a 4th round pick for yannick weber? the kid has been a healthy scratch for every habs games so far this year. i'm sure they'll be willing to trade him

doug88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:16 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug88 View Post
what about blum and a 4th round pick for yannick weber? the kid has been a healthy scratch for every habs games so far this year. i'm sure they'll be willing to trade him
Are you suggesting trading Blum for a guy that can't win a spot from Francis Bouillon on the Montreal defence? and a pick?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:35 AM
doug88

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Are you suggesting trading Blum for a guy that can't win a spot from Francis Bouillon on the Montreal defence? and a pick?
well weber hasnt been given his chance this year with montreal.. he played in the swiss league during the lockout and he was great on the pp. its just that montreal doesnt seem to be willing to give him a real chance, thats exactly the same thing they did with streit a couple of years ago

Old
02-13-2013, 10:49 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug88 View Post
well weber hasnt been given his chance this year with montreal.. he played in the swiss league during the lockout and he was great on the pp. its just that montreal doesnt seem to be willing to give him a real chance, thats exactly the same thing they did with streit a couple of years ago
why would we trade Blum plus extra for a different defenseman?

makes zero sense.... sorry.. if we trade Blum it will be for a forward

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:08 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

IMHO Blum-Ellis looked better than Gill-anyone

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:16 PM
doug88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
why would we trade Blum plus extra for a different defenseman?

makes zero sense.... sorry.. if we trade Blum it will be for a forward
yeah it sure sounds weird but imo weber is a much more developped d-man than blum. not saying that weber is better but he has more experience and since hes not playing in montreal he could be a good fit in the preds defense

Old
02-13-2013, 01:57 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
IMHO Blum-Ellis looked better than Gill-anyone
Yeah blum has been a standout on our blueline. He can generate offense and hold his own in his zone. Id rather keep the kid at this point unless we move him for a forward. Trade Gill if we trade anybody. Get a pick in this deep draft.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
thecloser

I mean it makes sense that Bouillon is playing over Weber, its probably Bouillon's last year and he and the team wants him to retire as a Hab. Makes sense, plus Bouillon is solid on D.

But ya, no trade d for d + pick. we need a forward if anything.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:17 PM
thecloser

Approached the Florida Panthers forum and asked what they would be willing to take for Weiss. Many deemed it as a rental type deal, which we all don't want but we could definitely sign him i would have to believe.

One Panthers fan said this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
A)I would take Blum+ in a second for Weiss. Blum is a very good young D already and if Nashville's blueline wasn't so stacked, he'd be making quite a name for himself by now. We'll have a lot of picks this draft if we decide to sell so we can take plenty of forwards in the draft.

B)If Tallon thinks he can keep him, I would give Weiss anything up to around 5.5. We're going to have to pay that to replace him anyway, so I don't see the problem. Look at what Zajac, Grabovski, etc. recently got. These kinds of centers are more expensive than some people think.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:32 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

To be honest, be patient. The team is in the top 10 of the NHL in standing and unless there is an opportunity to get a forward of value over the forwards Nashville has there's not much you can do. The defense and Rinne is carrying this team.

Value wise there is a lot of forwards in Milwaukee that could be harvested to package for a top forward: Latta, Beck, Watson. Leipsic could be a nice piece, Sissons too. I just wonder how much value you can have in Chet Pickard. Most have given up on him, but he's statistically the #3 goalie in Sweden. Problem is if your pawn the future too much you will be have a crappy system and be worthless for a while. I do not want to pawn the future for this half season. Winchester is forward depth but if someone comes along to make an offer for him I'd listen.

If anything I would shop around J. Smith for a pick and bring Pickard back into the fold.

Defenseman wise I have to ask if there is some value; Ekholm, Bartley, Moore, Aronson, Bietto are all looking at the wall of defensemen in Nashville.

I can see Gill and maybe Hannan leaving soon but the fact is there's a lot of low price vets who will be better than a lot of these guys in the system.

I can see Aronson and Bietto taking another yr to develop but Ekholm and Bartley could be NHL players now. Moore is an old vet who could fetch a low pick.

Bang is a lot older than I thought he would be (25) and Moore is a lot younger (28)

By moving players for picks you are buying time. Make the analysis of who you think can make the Preds next yr and move those who aren't in the picture in the next 3 rs.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Again, it's not just a talent issue, the Predators have to find their identity.

The team that played in the 2nd and 3rd period last night has not shown up much this year.

Can you honestly remember a game this year this team worked hard from start to finish? That's something all BT's teams have been known for, but not this one....

Watson, Beck, Latta, need a chance to show us they're not worth the call up. I'm actually wanting to see a line of Beck-Watson-Wilson.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

We have a young defensive core with the "older" guys Klein and Weber locked up long term. Pekka is locked up long term. We have a mixed age forwards ground, but strong young NHLers in Bourque, Wilson, Smith, Hornqvist, even Spaling for 3/4 line work and we have a pretty solid pipeline of AHLers with Watson and co. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to trade our prospects away; let them develop and age with the rest of the young crew. We may not win a cup in the next three year, but I think we'll be in pretty great shape after that. If you can draw someone in free agency, great; if not, we'll likely be no worse than we are now which is still good despite a mediocre offense.

If anything, I'd look to part with some older guys like Hannan, Gill, SK74, etc. before the young guys. Most teams at the deadline are overpaying for NHLers anyways.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:18 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
We have a young defensive core with the "older" guys Klein and Weber locked up long term. Pekka is locked up long term. We have a mixed age forwards ground, but strong young NHLers in Bourque, Wilson, Smith, Hornqvist, even Spaling for 3/4 line work and we have a pretty solid pipeline of AHLers with Watson and co. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to trade our prospects away; let them develop and age with the rest of the young crew. We may not win a cup in the next three year, but I think we'll be in pretty great shape after that. If you can draw someone in free agency, great; if not, we'll likely be no worse than we are now which is still good despite a mediocre offense.

If anything, I'd look to part with some older guys like Hannan, Gill, SK74, etc. before the young guys. Most teams at the deadline are overpaying for NHLers anyways.
Completely agree. I think we've been trading off way to many 1st round picks lately.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
thecloser

Kris Versteeg to the Predators wouldn't be bad. We have a good relationship with the Panthers.

Maybe we could package with Weiss in it

Old
02-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Kris Versteeg to the Predators wouldn't be bad. We have a good relationship with the Panthers.

Maybe we could package with Weiss in it
To get Versteeg and Weiss would likely require us to gut our team with a machete.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:16 AM
cleangene

It really looks like the Flames are just going through the motions, and with Kipper out even longer their compete level doubtfully improves. Would the PREDS have to offer a king's ransom to get Iggy? IMO, Trotz would have continuous drool with the prospect of having him here. Though he's not setting the league on fire, a team like the PREDS may revive his many talents.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:00 AM
thecloser

I'd be willling to get Iggy and sign him for an extra 2 years.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Would Gaborik or Richards interest Nashville on draft-day?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:57 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I'd love to grab Richards as our top 2 centers are not impressive. However, I really don't want to pay the price it would take to get him. Plus....that contract.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
It really looks like the Flames are just going through the motions, and with Kipper out even longer their compete level doubtfully improves. Would the PREDS have to offer a king's ransom to get Iggy? IMO, Trotz would have continuous drool with the prospect of having him here. Though he's not setting the league on fire, a team like the PREDS may revive his many talents.
The only way Iginla leaves Calgary is to a top contender for a cup run (e.g. Bourque and the Avalanche).

Old
02-16-2013, 12:35 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
The only way Iginla leaves Calgary is to a top contender for a cup run (e.g. Bourque and the Avalanche).
So, being the #7 team in the NHL point wise is chicken feed?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:39 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Gabby would be the one we would go after if we went after either of them. There is no way Nashville takes on Richards and that contract. Good player, but he is already 32. If I'm not mistaken he is signed until he is 39. Gabby's contract ends after next season. He's only a year younger than Richards, but we wouldn't be tied to him if he started getting hurt or started declining.

02-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
So, being the #7 team in the NHL point wise is chicken feed?
We're 3 points above the 16th spot and we have a game in hand over several of the teams behind us...We're also 1/4 through the season. Bourque left BOS to go to a pseudo-dynastic Avalanche team. I am one of the more positive people on this forum when it comes to the Preds, but I just don't see Iginla looking at our team as his best bet for the Cup; I think that's just realism.

If Iginla moves, my money is on BOS. Very solid team and is in the Eastern Conference. Some cap issues to consider, but a rental at the deadline could likely work.

Last edited by Cashville: 02-16-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I'd love to grab Richards as our top 2 centers are not impressive. However, I really don't want to pay the price it would take to get him. Plus....that contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Gabby would be the one we would go after if we went after either of them. There is no way Nashville takes on Richards and that contract. Good player, but he is already 32. If I'm not mistaken he is signed until he is 39. Gabby's contract ends after next season. He's only a year younger than Richards, but we wouldn't be tied to him if he started getting hurt or started declining.

I look up and down Nashville's roster and wonder what type of impact someone like Richards or Gaborik can have.

I hate Fisher in the middle of your 1st line. Hate it. I'm sure Nashville's going to throw the moon at Getz this off-season, but I don't see him leaving Anaheim for some reason.

How has Erat look on the left side throughout his career? I know he's on the right side now, but I recall years ago he was on the left, no? The combination of him and Gabby on a line can be flat out scary for the opposition. Erat's epically underrated by everyone outside of Nashville, it's ridiculous. But, he's also under the radar because of it.

Rangers might look to move Gabby during the offseason. Small possibility depending on a few things. 40G scorer. Doesn't need a 1C to be successful. 1 year remaining on his contract.

Richards produces. Rest of his game isn't what it used to be, but he can produce offensively. Although his cap hit is manageable, he's got a lot of years on his salary. And a NMC. There are so many 1C's in the league though. You either get lucky and draft one, then develop him. Or, offer the world and trade for one. Or, pray to the gods and hope you can obtain one via free-agency.

Rangers blue-line is stacked, but we could use help. Especially if it's a young guy that can grow with our core. Currently:
McDonagh(L)-Girardi(R)
Staal(L)-Del Zotto(L)
Stralman(R)-Gilroy(R)

McIlrath is expected to solidify the right side of our third-pairing late this season, or next year.

Stralman has been pleasant, but he's not the consistent puck-mover we could use. Aside for Del Zotto, our blue-line isn't the most dynamic when it comes down to offensive capabilities. We really could use a booming shot from the point, and from what I've seen, Ellis could be huge for our flowerplay. But I'm a huge fan of Blum and Josi too.

Just thinking out loud here. I think we can be good trade-partners, depending on which direction both of our teams go.

Is Leipsic the real deal, btw? Kid is on a tear.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Soundgarden

I don't want Iginla last year fine, but this is not our year we don't need to trade our 1st plus a top prospect for a rental when we aren't gonna win the cup. This is our grow year.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote