HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Habruti!

vCash: 500
Eller is developing nicely, he is starting to remind me of danius Zubrus...

Old
02-16-2013, 10:13 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
I'd trade Eller and Beaulieu for ROR in a second if not for contract complications.
That's nuts. Beaulieu is going to be an offensive defenseman with size in the league.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:24 AM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
Quote:
I'd trade Eller and Beaulieu for ROR in a second if not for contract complications.
same here!

Old
02-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
same here!
RoR is a stud, I'd make the trade as well. In fact I think I mentioned the exact same trade a week ago in the RoR thread.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:34 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
RoR is a stud, I'd make the trade as well. In fact I think I mentioned the exact same trade a week ago in the RoR thread.
Every lucid Habs fan would do this trade if it wasn't of contract complications....

Old
02-16-2013, 11:30 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Every lucid Habs fan would do this trade if it wasn't of contract complications....
hmm..

Bergevin has a private meeting with Subban. Explain the situation. and tells him:

"We may have no choice on the matter. If you will take us signing him for a non-bridge contract badly, I'd rather keep you and not make the trade. If you tell me you are O.K. with it, we'll go ahead."

Old
02-16-2013, 11:32 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
hmm..

Bergevin has a private meeting with Subban. Explain the situation. and tells him:

"We may have no choice on the matter. If you will take us signing him for a non-bridge contract badly, I'd rather keep you and not make the trade. If you tell me you are O.K. with it, we'll go ahead."
But then again, it completely screws up the salary scale.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:36 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
But then again, it completely screws up the salary scale.
Indeed. Quite a strech.

But if MB wants to pull THAT off, that's the best case scenario nevertheless. Unless he manage to sweet-talk ROR in accepting something he's been refusing for 9 months now.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:48 AM
David_99

Quote:
I wouldn't trade any of our young D. We can't afford it yet.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:08 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

1st + DD for ROR? Not enough?

Old
02-16-2013, 12:11 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
1st + DD for ROR? Not enough?
I'd do that. Don't think Colorado would though.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:16 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
I'd do that. Don't think Colorado would though.
They have literally no leverage - especially if they want to stockpile picks or make the playoffs. With a 1-2 punch of Stastny and Duchene I think DD would sneak in well on the Avs.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:22 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
They have literally no leverage - especially if they want to stockpile picks or make the playoffs. With a 1-2 punch of Stastny and Duchene I think DD would sneak in well on the Avs.
Their leverage is not to trade O'Reilly. They can sit him for as long as they want. Colorado also has many more teams interested and it seems like folks like yourself still seem to assume Bergevin is going to give him $5M per season for one year of performance.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:35 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
I'm extreeeemely high on Beaulieu. Still think Eller will be a beast 2-way center in this league as he contines to mature. I like ROR a lot, but I haven't watched him enough to fall in love with his game to the point where I'd feel 100% comfortable with this trade.

If it were to happen though, I'd be happy because I trust our management team. I'm sure you could throw Kaberle in there to balance out the cap too. They could definitely use him. I was watching them play a couple days ago and they had 4 forwards on their PP in OT. LOL

Old
02-16-2013, 12:43 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Their leverage is not to trade O'Reilly. They can sit him for as long as they want. Colorado also has many more teams interested and it seems like folks like yourself still seem to assume Bergevin is going to give him $5M per season for one year of performance.
There was some statistical analysis done on ROR and given his age and his performance against top-line opposition it seems as though his upside is monumental. I'd give him 3 years at 5 easily - remember he's a centre and we haven't had much luck with them since the early 90s. It would be a vicious and proactive move from a management group that replaced a decade which had largely re-active managers.

If it infringes on our cap, well I guess Kaberle's getting bought out and, if need be. Gionta's getting moved this summer.

I'd hate to give up Beaulieu because if he pans out he'll be ace but I think giving up a 1st and DD for ROR is more than fair (for us to give up - I have no idea what they'd want. Aside from centre, they're a weak team top to bottom). You're right that the Avs can just hold onto him but as I said, if they intend on making the playoffs OR if they intend on stockpiling picks they'll make a move. If they wish to keep the status quo and play Ryan O'Byrne and Palushaj on the 2nd line then they can just hold onto O'Rielly until they're blue in the face.

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 02-16-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 12:59 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
I personally think Eller will not amount to much more than 3rd liner, could manage 2nd line but only with proven linemates. To me he just seems to lack heart, no grit. just my opinion
Eller is our only center as of now who can take a hit in the corners, while maintaining puck possession, and cycle the puck. No one would call him soft if he weren't European. Heartless players do not have the ability to anchor a 4th line and be successful with 2 pylons. If he could only win 50% of his faceoffs...

Old
02-16-2013, 12:59 PM
odishabs

trading a 1st in this draft is suicide

Old
02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
habfaninvictoria

IF Colorado is in the market and we're in the game:

O'Reilly for

Weber

DD

Kaberle and/or Cole

Weber deserves a chance with a team that will play him

DD is good trade bait because of last year and he will slip down our depth chart rapidly in the next 2 years. We can't give up on Eller because of what he cost us and I think he's gonna be a beast SOON.

We need to jetison salary so Kaberle is a good bet. He may even be able to help Colorado, he's an expensive scratch here.

I love Cole, but if we're getting a stud back then we need to give up something of real value.

This could make our lines:

Bourque/Pleks/
Patches/Eller/ROR
Gally/Gally/Prust
Moen/White/Armstrong

This gives Colorado 3 or 4 NHL players. Not top quality ones but servicable in the short term. Weber has good potential upside. DD has shown he can play in the top 6. Cole is top 6 on any team.... Kaberle well.... just take him... we might even give you money for it.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:15 PM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
This is completely crazy!! RoR hasnt proved that much yet, he's BARELY better than Eller at this point and he was given way better minutes and opportunities and on a young team at that. I'm not sure when it is that O'Reilly became some kind of shiny black obelisk standing in the middle of the steppe but you people are completely over rating the kid. He's good, sure, (GREAT even, considering his age) but nowhere near what you're making him out to be. Not enough that he'd warrant 2 of our best prospects (and one of them NHL proven!!!) in a trade for his RFA rights!! AND HE'S NOT EVEN SIGNED!

:

Last edited by FuzzyWuzzy: 02-16-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 01:30 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
trading a 1st in this draft is suicide
Do you really think so? Timmins has been downright bad with 1st rounders (which we've kept) so far any way.

I'm okay with not getting RoR but if he goes to ****ing Philadelphia for a box of scraps and Holmgren's pencil shavings I'm going to be upset.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:37 PM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Do you really think so? Timmins has been downright bad with 1st rounders (which we've kept) so far any way.

I'm okay with not getting RoR but if he goes to ****ing Philadelphia for a box of scraps and Holmgren's pencil shavings I'm going to be upset.
Price, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and McDonaugh in recent years, aint that bad.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:40 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Price, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and McDonaugh in recent years, aint that bad.
While Beaulieu is still a very healthy prospect.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:41 PM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
While Beaulieu is still a very healthy prospect.
Yeah totally, just didnt want to bunch him with the NHL-proven guys.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:42 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
This is completely crazy!! RoR hasnt proved that much yet, he's BARELY better than Eller at this point and he was given way better minutes and opportunities and on a young team at that. I'm not sure when it is that O'Reilly became some kind of shiny black obelisk standing in the middle of the steppe but you people are completely over rating the kid. He's good, sure, (GREAT even, considering his age) but nowhere near what you're making him out to be. Not enough that he'd warrant 2 of our best prospects (and one of them NHL proven!!!) in a trade for his RFA rights!! AND HE'S NOT EVEN SIGNED!

:
LOL, no.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Habtchum*

Eller should be traded for no less than Toews, or Giroux, or even Crosby.

Because he is so over rated on this board.

Closed Thread