HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Bell

Old
07-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Mindcircus

vCash: 500
Mark Bell

I hear he's being shopped by Chicago. What are your guys' opinions of him? He had a pretty good year last year, although somewhat inconsistant. He could be that top 6 forward the Kings are maybe looking for.

How about Garon, Armstrong and a pick for him? I know they signed Lalime but Garon would be a much better long term solution.

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:38 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus View Post
I hear he's being shopped by Chicago. What are your guys' opinions of him? He had a pretty good year last year, although somewhat inconsistant. He could be that top 6 forward the Kings are maybe looking for.

How about Garon, Armstrong and a pick for him? I know they signed Lalime but Garon would be a much better long term solution.
Bad asset management right there. Guy is a good 2nd liner but to give up that package is bad.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Bad asset management right there. Guy is a good 2nd liner but to give up that package is bad.
Chicago would laugh at that package.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:51 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I dont know. They get a goalie that can actually play when Khabi goes down or plays like crap. A guy that had he stayed healthy would have outscored bell and a pick. Not too sure they would laugh about it, they would take it and run. Bell is a guy whos numbers hardly went up going from the old nhl to the new nhl. Armstrong could easily step in as their #2 center.

Old
07-08-2006, 01:15 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
not a chance, says the spirit of Dale Tallon

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:35 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
I dont know. They get a goalie that can actually play when Khabi goes down or plays like crap. A guy that had he stayed healthy would have outscored bell and a pick. Not too sure they would laugh about it, they would take it and run. Bell is a guy whos numbers hardly went up going from the old nhl to the new nhl. Armstrong could easily step in as their #2 center.

King Homer alert.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:46 AM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus View Post

It would cost us Dustin Brown, and I for one would do it.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
And they've just signed Lalime as Khabi's backup.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:39 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
King Homer alert.
Maybe but I look at that package for a guy that scored 48 points last year and think okay thats a little too much. Army isnt the greatest player but when he score 7 less points in 20 less games it makes me wonder. Yeah hes younger but for 48 points to me that way too much of a package to offer. Outside of Tuomo Ruutu they dont have any centers to speak of. Armstrong could basically step in and be their #1 if Ruutu goes down again. To give up Garon Armstrong and a pick for this guy IMO is too much. Hes not Ruutu. I could see if that package was being offered for him but for Mark Bell its a little too much.

Old
07-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Primakov!

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bl....asp?id=205765

If you look at the original article where the Bell trade rumor comes from, they were potentially targeting guys like Michael Peca and Yannic Perreault. So I had wondered if the Kings might be interested in acquiring someone like Bell for a package like...

Craig Conroy (22G - 44A)
Derek Armstrong (13G - 28A)
Konstantin Pushkarev

for

Mark Bell (25G - 23A)
Michal Barinka
(Maybe a pick -- 3rd? 4th?)

The guys we're shipping out do provide some veteran leadership and character along with some skill, which might be what the Blackhawks were looking for if the players they were targeting is any indication. And at 66 and 41 points, Conroy and Armstrong would have ranked 1st and 3rd on Chicago in scoring so it's not TOO bad a deal, I think.

I know that Lombardi wants to keep Conroy for those same reasons as well, but if there's an opportunity to get younger then... well, you take it, you know? And ditto for 33 year old Armstrong. As much as I like him (contrary to popular sentiment) there comes a time when age does become a creeping factor.

Anyway, any opinions?

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 03:00 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bl....asp?id=205765

If you look at the original article where the Bell trade rumor comes from, they were potentially targeting guys like Michael Peca and Yannic Perreault. So I had wondered if the Kings might be interested in acquiring someone like Bell for a package like...

Craig Conroy (22G - 44A)
Derek Armstrong (13G - 28A)
Konstantin Pushkarev

for

Mark Bell (25G - 23A)
Michal Barinka

The guys we're shipping out do provide some veteran leadership and character along with some skill, which might be what the Blackhawks were looking for if the players they were targeting is any indication. And at 66 and 41 points, Conroy and Armstrong would have ranked 1st and 3rd on Chicago in scoring so it's not TOO bad a deal, I think.

I know that Lombardi wants to keep Conroy for those same reasons as well, but if there's an opportunity to get younger then... well, you take it, you know? And ditto for 33 year old Armstrong. As much as I like him (contrary to popular sentiment) there comes a time when age does become a creeping factor.

Anyway, any opinions?
Bell hasn't signed yet and he's gonna want too much money. We he have Conroy locked up at 2.4M. Conroy is a better player and he's cheaper. Also Bell doesn't sound like DL's type of player.

And you still think we should give up Pushkarev? No way I do this deal.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 05:12 PM
riseandfall9

I love it when people say that "Doesnt seem like DL`s type of player" gives me a good giggle.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Michigan Wolverine

How come when the article says that they're considering moving Bell because they have too many centers (Bell's one of them), all the weak offers here feature our castaway center-types (Armstrong, Belanger)?

Not to mention, the Hawks have Khabibulin and Lalime, and they're supposed to want Garon in a package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Also Bell doesn't sound like DL's type of player.
Care to explain?

His TSN.ca scouting report suggests otherwise: Loves to play a physical style. Has sound defensive skills and some offensive upside. Is versatile enough to play all forward positions.

That sounds very similar to the other forwards we've signed. They all play both ends and have versatility.

He has great size and is still young enough to improve. (Power forwards take longer to develop.) The sense I got from Hawks fans was that he hasn't been given a chance to live up to his expectations yet, given how bad their team is.

Do you know something specific about Bell that makes him not a "DL type of player?"

Michigan Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 06:37 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Kanko and a pick

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Cammalleri is probably the best way to go about getting Bell.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 07:21 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Wolverine View Post
Care to explain?

His TSN.ca scouting report suggests otherwise: Loves to play a physical style. Has sound defensive skills and some offensive upside. Is versatile enough to play all forward positions.

That sounds very similar to the other forwards we've signed. They all play both ends and have versatility.

He has great size and is still young enough to improve. (Power forwards take longer to develop.) The sense I got from Hawks fans was that he hasn't been given a chance to live up to his expectations yet, given how bad their team is.

Do you know something specific about Bell that makes him not a "DL type of player?"
Well don't take what I said too seriously.

I was basing my assumption on what I've heard from Chicago fans.

He's inconsistent, and likes to takes nights off. DL seems to like hard working players who have good character. Bell doesn't strike me as such.

Just my opinion.

Old
07-10-2006, 12:00 AM
TubbyTerrion*

and this discussion now comes to a screeching halt

Old
07-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Mindcircus

Well at least Havlat isn't in San Jose.

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 09:04 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Armstrong is a UFA

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 10:20 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Armstrong is a UFA
Are you sure?

Old
07-10-2006, 10:54 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Are you sure?

Don't be. While tsn.ca has him listed currently as a UFA, there are other reports that indicate that his 05-06 contract had a player's option if certain statistical incentives were met, that were.

I'm not sure anyone in management is thinking he's more than a last gasp option, but rumor has it he is not a UFA, and will be there come training camp.

Old
07-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
Mark Bell (25G - 23A)
Michal Barinka
At least I nailed the package that Chicago had to give up for Havlat and Smolinski. Save the draft pick, of course, which turned out to be a 2nd rounder. Wrong team, but hey, it was close!

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 06:14 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
Don't be. While tsn.ca has him listed currently as a UFA, there are other reports that indicate that his 05-06 contract had a player's option if certain statistical incentives were met, that were.

I'm not sure anyone in management is thinking he's more than a last gasp option, but rumor has it he is not a UFA, and will be there come training camp.
Yeah that's what I thought.

No offense to Armstrong, he's a cool guy, but I don't wanna seem him a Kings uniform.