HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers sign Cam Talbot to extension

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 02:12 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Talbot would have been a group 6 UFA this summer. At least 3 years pro. 25 years old or older. Played less than 28 games in the NHL. Capgeek has his AHL salary at $125,000 next season. No more $105,000 re-entry waivers.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

No need to draft a goalie yet, too many other holes and goalies are the most likely to go bust. Keep bringing in guys like Talbot and Miss, hoping to strike gold.

If it fails, we can start drafting goalies in 2015. Lundqvist is a goalie, they last longer because they dont get physically beat up, so he should be good until at least 2020, maybe longer.

Worst case, there is always a goalie like Luongo and Thomas who is available. The low price of goalie acquisition vs the high risk of a goalie prospect going bust makes drafting them a sucker's bet.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:25 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
No need to draft a goalie yet, too many other holes and goalies are the most likely to go bust. Keep bringing in guys like Talbot and Miss, hoping to strike gold.

If it fails, we can start drafting goalies in 2015. Lundqvist is a goalie, they last longer because they dont get physically beat up, so he should be good until at least 2020, maybe longer.

Worst case, there is always a goalie like Luongo and Thomas who is available. The low price of goalie acquisition vs the high risk of a goalie prospect going bust makes drafting them a sucker's bet.
Agreed - as far as high picks go. If there's someone you really like available in the 6th or 7th (like Hank), you should opportunistically grab him.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Agreed - as far as high picks go. If there's someone you really like available in the 6th or 7th (like Hank), you should opportunistically grab him.
Earliest I would take one is the 3rd if he fell for some reason and we had two picks.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:16 PM
bernmeister

I'm glad he's extended, he has a very fast glove and there is hope he could be the heir apparent eventually.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:16 AM
eco's bones

In our prospect ranking list he should be much higher than he is. I'd say about #11. The problem is he's a goalie and posters here think there's now way he's ever going to supplant Lundqvist--which is true barring injury. Even so I think at least in some organizations he would be up with the big club right now. He's improved from year to year. Connecticut is winning more now but they're defense has steadied out some after an atrocious start. For a while it seemed that Talbot was pretty much on his own.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
In our prospect ranking list he should be much higher than he is. I'd say about #11. The problem is he's a goalie and posters here think there's now way he's ever going to supplant Lundqvist--which is true barring injury. Even so I think at least in some organizations he would be up with the big club right now. He's improved from year to year. Connecticut is winning more now but they're defense has steadied out some after an atrocious start. For a while it seemed that Talbot was pretty much on his own.

He also didnt have a backup while Miss was adjusting to pro hockey. He played almost two dozen straight games while facing the second-most shots in the league.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post

i think now should the time to draft a goalie.. what if Lundqvist has a freak accident like Blackburn during the offseason... its always good to have a backup plan.... Rangers should draft a goalie in 2013...

Old
02-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Mikos87

Good for Cam! There have been games where he's been HFD's best player, and most of HFD's wins early on came from him absolutely stealing games. He's pretty big and athletic too.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Zach Fucale!!!! Oh, wait. We only start drafting in the 2nd round

Old
11-24-2013, 01:08 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Good signing after all

Old
11-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Good signing after all
He's playing well but...... small sample size. Don't forget the Chad 'ocho cinco' Johnson epidemic aka "trade henrik" after his first 5-6 starts. It was so ****ing stupid.

Do I like the way he's played? Yes... Now it's just a matter of people figuring out his weaknesses and if he can learn to correct that.

Old
11-24-2013, 01:30 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
He's playing well but...... small sample size. Don't forget the Chad 'ocho cinco' Johnson epidemic aka "trade henrik" after his first 5-6 starts. It was so ****ing stupid.

Do I like the way he's played? Yes... Now it's just a matter of people figuring out his weaknesses and if he can learn to correct that.

5-6? That Prince Chad thread was made after Johnson's first career start (against Thrashers I think).

Old
11-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

I think as a board, we need to have a vote on what constitutes a "small sample" so everyone will know when to start complimenting Cam Talbot without backhanding it

Old
11-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Kane One

vCash: 1500
There's another Talbot thread.