HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karlsson - Achilles Tendon - Practicing w Team, May Return to Lineup Soon - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Senscore
The Superior B-Side

vCash: 500
I'm hoping Evander Kane goes 2-0 against Cooke tonight.

Old
02-15-2013, 07:53 PM
mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Cooke's actions were 'accidental' the way a drunk who runs over a pedestrian is an 'accident'. Whether it was intentional or not he's at least extremely reckless and should be thrown out of the league after taking out yet another star player. Why does it always seem to be stars he takes out?
Jasper wins the thread, close this and let's all just drink.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Tommy35

You know guys, the game/NHL has temporary lost its most exciting and talented players in the world, (HE MAY NEVER BE THE THE SAME, WE ALL HOPE HE IS FOR THE GOOD OF THE SPORT) because of a plug who has already been suspended 5 times, not to mention the the suspensions he got away with,.
No wonder they can't sell/market the sport in most states. This bush league is content with this ., now we all have to watch a superstar like Cooke play and not a Norris Trophy Winner.
Get your head out of your a** Lemieux., you should of known better years ago. Lost all respect for you

Old
02-15-2013, 08:19 PM
the doctor

I'm still seething at this. I was pleased Melnyk spoke out, no one will convince me that Cooke wasn't trying to do "something". This Penguins organization is appalling with its hypocrisy and general douchiness.

Having said that, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season just as much by celebrating the victories of our young players.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Hensch

Rangers fan...

my fantasy pool took a huge hit...
love karlsson, NHL just lost one of the best players in the league long term... Ranger fans feel for you... hoping for a speedy recovery... you guys are blessed with Alfie, Spezza, and Karlsson.. all 3 are amazing to watch.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:01 PM
shootingrubber

****ing Matt Cooke.

That is all. Guy is a *******.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:20 PM
HavlatMach9

Does anyone think the person to get revenge will be... Karlsson?

I've always believed that Karlsson could snap/go crazy, but I've never seen it happen. The worst that happens is he gives vicious slahes back.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:40 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
hey guys, flyers fan here. I just wanted to say that what happened to karlsson is horrible and the league should be ashamed of themselves for letting that ******* cooke play at all after that play. losing karlsson isn't just bad for you guys, its bad for the entire NHL. he is the best defenseman in the league and arguably the best player in the east right now. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery and just know that, even though we get a bad reputation, flyers fans feel for you and think you deserve justice for what happened.
Thanks man, I agree with you. I also wanna thank the other fans from other fanbases showing their support. Glad you guys enjoy Karlsson as much as we do. It's seriously a shame to see one of the best get taken out by literally one of the most pathetic.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Orr123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Thanks man, I agree with you. I also wanna thank the other fans from other fanbases showing their support. Glad you guys enjoy Karlsson as much as we do. It's seriously a shame to see one of the best get taken out by literally one of the most pathetic.
It really is crazy to see the support from around the league.

Hope all is great with Karlsson and he returns just the player he was (or better). As anything but that would be devastating to the excitement of the league (and mostly the Sens).

Old
02-16-2013, 01:23 AM
jojacinto2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
I'm still seething at this. I was pleased Melnyk spoke out, no one will convince me that Cooke wasn't trying to do "something". This Penguins organization is appalling with its hypocrisy and general douchiness.

Having said that, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season just as much by celebrating the victories of our young players.
Toronto fan, but I come in peace. I'm apalled the hockey media and all the "hockey experts" have declared this an accident and given Cooke the benefit of the doubt. They are either blind or worse. Even if it was any other player, other than Cooke, that did that,...it's still such an obvious intent to injure. The fact it's Cooke,....makes it a slam dunk. Raises his leg and skate up just as they are approaching the boards, and then drops his leg and steps his skate on the back of Karlsson's leg(completely unprotected area). That's accidental? And the hockey media can't wait to rush to Cooke's defense and declare: IT'S AN ACCIDENT, GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!! Wow,....I think I've seen it all now. Wishing Karlsson and 100% recovery,...and wishing Chris Neil obliterates Cooke when they meet again. Neil has to do it,....because the NHL is to busy looking the other way,...whenever Cooke lays out a cheap shot, to take any action against him.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:25 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojacinto2 View Post
Toronto fan, but I come in peace. I'm apalled the hockey media and all the "hockey experts" have declared this an accident and given Cooke the benefit of the doubt. They are either blind or worse. Even if it was any other player, other than Cooke, that did that,...it's still such an obvious intent to injure. The fact it's Cooke,....makes it a slam dunk. Raises his leg and skate up just as they are approaching the boards, and then drops his leg and steps his skate on the back of Karlsson's leg(completely unprotected area). That's accidental? And the hockey media can't wait to rush to Cooke's defense and declare: IT'S AN ACCIDENT, GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!! Wow,....I think I've seen it all now. Wishing Karlsson and 100% recovery,...and wishing Chris Neil obliterates Cooke when they meet again. Neil has to do it,....because the NHL is to busy looking the other way,...whenever Cooke lays out a cheap shot, to take any action against him.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:44 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Does anyone think the person to get revenge will be... Karlsson?

I've always believed that Karlsson could snap/go crazy, but I've never seen it happen. The worst that happens is he gives vicious slahes back.
I think a two hander to the mouth is in order. A nice crosscheck to the face.

After Gary Suter knocked Kariya out, Kariya said that the next guy that took a run at him would eat his stick.

Small guys have to protect themselves one way or another.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Flamingo

I'm still seething.

This punk of a player always sticking out his left leg, whether it's knee-on-knee hits or "pinning". Nobody is taught to lift their leg like that. It's not a ****ing "hockey play." Cooke's reflexes are always to take down the player he's competing with.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:55 PM
newerabegins

hes 34 thankfully his career is almost over and one of the leagues dirtiest players will finally get the **** out

Old
02-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Swingit

"To have (Karlsson) taken out by a goon is unconscionable. Whether it was accidental, or whether it was reckless, or whether it was intentional, to me it doesn't matter. It's something that never should have happened. (Cooke) should never be playing in this league. It's a league for elite players.”
-- Senators owner Eugene Melnyk

Amen to that.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:21 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Unfort while there is fighting in the game, teams will still want to sign goons and enforcers to "police" the game. This is due to the rules of the games, and the NHLs reluctance to throw the book at players..

WHY? MONEY all the NHL cares about. Remember its a business to many owners.
Obviously Melnyk is not the typical owner.

How does this fit into the fighting? dirty plays?
It's the feeling the controlling owners of the NHL have that this is what fills the seats.

Its like NASCAR where the biggesst news comes from the horrible crashes.

02-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingit View Post
"To have (Karlsson) taken out by a goon is unconscionable. Whether it was accidental, or whether it was reckless, or whether it was intentional, to me it doesn't matter. It's something that never should have happened. (Cooke) should never be playing in this league. It's a league for elite players.”
-- Senators owner Eugene Melnyk

Amen to that.
That makes no sense. How is it a league for elite players? It's mostly a league of hard working players.

We employ Chris Neil. While he has been a much cleaner player than Cooke, it doesn't change the fact that they are very similar players.

Heck, Matt Cooke had 38 points last year and played on the #1 PK unit. He's definitely not a goon.

EDIT: When I think of a "goon", it's those players that are solely on the team for fighting and play 4 mins a game. Cooke's on the second line right now.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Montresor

I was pretty angry when it happened, but I really don't think it was a vicious play, more of stupidity on Cooke's part, but freak accidents do happen. I think Melnyk was pretty stupid to spout off like that to the media, but props to him for truly speaking his mind.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:28 PM
shootingrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
That makes no sense. How is it a league for elite players? It's mostly a league of hard working players.

We employ Chris Neil. While he has been a much cleaner player than Cooke, it doesn't change the fact that they are very similar players.

Heck, Matt Cooke had 38 points last year and played on the #1 PK unit. He's definitely not a goon.

EDIT: When I think of a "goon", it's those players that are solely on the team for fighting and play 4 mins a game. Cooke's on the second line right now.
Let's see:

5 suspensions compared to 0.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:31 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Cooke is not a goon, Cooke is a SOB who doesn't fight, he just plays without any control over his elbows, stick, knees, and skates.

Most players are trained on how to play the game safely. Obviously Cooke missed the boat.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:43 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

There is no reason for him to have his left leg in the air. At best it's a blown slew foot attempt. Still a cheap ass move.

It's a bush league move by a bush league player.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Fitch89

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBtCba_fa4Q
Anybody else forget about this incident? seems to be the same corner too.

Last edited by Fitch89: 02-16-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingrubber View Post
Let's see:

5 suspensions compared to 0.
...thus the reason I said Neil plays a cleaner game.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Swingit

Quote:

Everything is relative. I think of Cooke as a goon. Suspended five times - how many times can one player break the rules and be a danger to other players careers before NHL takes some serious action?

Old
02-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuuq View Post
Cooke is not a goon, Cooke is a SOB who doesn't fight, he just plays without any control over his elbows, stick, knees, and skates.

Most players are trained on how to play the game safely. Obviously Cooke missed the boat.
Good analysis. He's just a dirty hockey player whose intent is to take cheap shots at players with the hope to injure them. He doesn't have any balls to drop his glove and man up when asked to., ., guess last time he tried., KANE put him in his place
He's just a little puke that doesn't know how to play the game and doesn't belong in this league., Thank You Eugene

Closed Thread