HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat, Feb 16, 2013 | Senators at Maple Leafs | 7:00pm EST | CBC | Cripple Fight! Ed.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:38 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
Its his bad ass rock star persona. He's backed by traditional country pushers (as is Miranda Lambert), whereas Taylor Swift is pushed by pop county backers. Its all a politics divide, I'm a voting award show member, so I know the politics.

Regardless, he puts on a hell of a show.

Colt Ford, who is opening for him, is a country rapper. I'm going to say hi to him in a bit!

Edit: a friend co wrote Springsteen by Eric. Still one of my favorite songs.
He's the guy who sings Chicken and Biscuits right?

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:47 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
It country isn't your thing Plants and Animals are playing tonight at Ritual. Sens + one of my favourite bands in the country are going to make for a great night.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137

All in vCash on the Leafs.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:58 PM
NHLFreak

Leafs fan here.
Just want to wish you all the best.
Not only do i feel for you all i feel for the Whole league. What a loss to everyone who enjoys
Great hockey.
Ofcourse not all has been lost for you as the future looks
So bright for your team. I only wish my Leafs could do it the right
Way and do a complete rebuild.

Looking forward to some exciting battles in the future
Between the young Sens & Oilers!!!

Hang in there!

NHLFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Here's hoping we keep it respectable, else the PGT will be a ****-show.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
NHLFreak

Maybe i missed it but any chance Boro gets recalled?

NHLFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Constantine
In hoc signo vinces

We got this.

Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:28 PM
DrunkUncleDenis
HasManCrushOnSmith

vCash: 3924
Bingo vs Leafs, I'm ready to rock.

DrunkUncleDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
pt_mck

The only thing I'm hoping for is a 60 minute effort. Can't ask for more than that.

pt_mck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:00 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
May the best farm team win.
Toronto has a farm team? I did not realize you lost your two top scoring players, your two game changers? Lupul is not Spezza and if Gardner was out, he is not even close to Karlsson.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
He's the guy who sings Chicken and Biscuits right?
Yes, and wrote Jason Aldeans Dirt Road Anthem

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:27 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Don Cherry will be addressing the Karlesson Cooke incident tonight on coaches corner.

He was about to last night during the WinterPeg game, but was corrected by Ron.

02-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Weircioch out, Benoit in

Nuts.

As long as they don't get blown out, I'll be happy. A win will be kind of sweet.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Kyle93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
Toronto has a farm team? I did not realize you lost your two top scoring players, your two game changers? Lupul is not Spezza and if Gardner was out, he is not even close to Karlsson.
Both teams are riddled with injuries. We may not have a Spezza or Karlsson out with injury but we do have Lupul, who had amazing chemistry with kessel and was PPG last year, Frattin who has shown his scoring touch with 7 goals so far this year, Reimer who has looked very good so far this year, Gardiner is playing in the AHL to get him back to before his concussion, and Gunnersson is out who is probably our best steady defenseman. It sucks with your loss of Spezza and Karlsson but we are without important players too.

Kyle93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
Both teams are riddled with injuries. We may not have a Spezza or Karlsson out with injury but we do have Lupul, who had amazing chemistry with kessel and was PPG last year, Frattin who has shown his scoring touch with 7 goals so far this year, Reimer who has looked very good so far this year, Gardiner is playing in the AHL to get him back to before his concussion, and Gunnersson is out who is probably our best steady defenseman. It sucks with your loss of Spezza and Karlsson but we are without important players too.
Lol, we have our top two defensemen out... one of them is the best in the league.

Anyways, I'm not looking for any sympathy, but let's not try to act like you have it bad.

EDIT: Also, Michalek is out too, right? I haven't been paying attention to his injury.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:38 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Oh please its not even close. Ottawa is going to be missing

Spezza, 4th in scoring in the NHL last season
Karlsson, Norris winner of last season, plays 28 minutes a night in all situations
Michalek, 35 goal scorer last season
Cowen, top 4 d-man a rookie last season
Latendresse
Regin

So arguably the best defenceman in the league, a great #1 center, a good first line LWer, top 4 dman and a couple of solid depth players are all out and somehow Lupul, Reimer, and Frattin compare?

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Kyle93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
Lol, we have our top two defensemen out... one of them is the best in the league.

Anyways, I'm not looking for any sympathy, but let's not try to act like you have it bad.

EDIT: Also, Michalek is out too, right? I haven't been paying attention to his injury.
I know and that really sucks but we have our starting goaltender out, 2 of our top 4 defensemen, our first line winger, and Frattin also out who looks very promising with 7 goals on the season. Again I'm not saying the leafs situation of injuries is worse but I'm just saying that we are currently without important players as well. Both of our teams filled with many AHL players.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Oh please its not even close. Ottawa is going to be missing

Spezza, 4th in scoring in the NHL last season
Karlsson, Norris winner of last season, plays 28 minutes a night in all situations
Michalek, 35 goal scorer last season
Cowen, top 4 d-man a rookie last season
Latendresse
Regin

So arguably to the best defenceman in the league, a great #1 center, a good first line LWer, top 4 dman and a couple of solid depth defenceman are all out and somehow Lupul, Reimer, and Frattin compare?
Haha, I honestly can't believe some Leafs fans actually think that. Like even a big homer would understand, but I guess not. It's just as funny as Habs fans last year claiming Subban > Karlsson.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:41 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Haha, I honestly can't believe some Leafs fans actually think that. Like even a big homer would understand, but I guess not. It's just as funny as Habs fans last year claiming Subban > Karlsson.
If you really want some laughs go check out the Leafs GDT

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
I know and that really sucks but we have our starting goaltender out, 2 of our top 4 defensemen, our first line winger, and Frattin also out who looks very promising with 7 goals on the season. Again I'm not saying the leafs situation of injuries is worse but I'm just saying that we are currently without important players as well. Both of our teams filled with many AHL players.
...you don't seem to understand the importance of elite players vs. ~5-7 good games in the NHL.

Also, Gradiner and Gunnarsson are not your top four defensemen. One of them? Maybe. You're just saying that to make it look worse than it actually is.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:43 PM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

If the leafs had kessel and Phaneuf out for the season they could complain. They don't and It's cute they think they are in the same position as us. Sure Reimer is out for a week, thats minor.

The Latvian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Jerry Aldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
If you really want some laughs go check out the Leafs GDT
I'm afraid to...they're probably all giddy and cocky knowing Spezza/Karlsson are out and they've now got a better shot at winning

Jerry Aldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Kyle93

Quote:
...you don't seem to understand the importance of elite players vs. ~5-7 good games in the NHL.
I am saying both teams are missing important players and I know that you are without your #1 Centre, #1 D, 30+ goal scorer etc. and I understand. All I am saying is that we are without key players as well, may not be as bad as the injuries you have but that goes without saying that its not like our teams injuries are 4th line scrubs. Now, a good team will find a way to win and good luck on the game.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 02-16-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 02:49 PM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Yeah its only temporary for you guys. Cowen, Karlsson are done and Spezza could end up not playing another game this season. Sorry you are missing Reimer for a week and Gardiner and Frattin will be back shortly. Gunnarsson sucks.

The Latvian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
I am saying both teams are missing important players and I know that you are without your #1 Centre, #1 D, 30+ goal scorer etc. and I understand. All I am saying is that we are without key players as well, may not be as bad as the injuries you have but that goes without saying that its not like our teams injuries are 4th line scrubs. Now, a good team will find a way to win and good luck on the game.
Woah, okay.

Can you just listen to me for a second? Scenario: Stephen Weiss and Brian Campbell are injured for Florida, and Crosby and Letang are injured. Both teams can claim that their #1 forward and D are out. Who do you think has a bigger impact on the game? Go figure.