HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

#3C to Vancouver

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2013, 12:50 PM
  #26
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 38,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Handzus + 3rd for Raymond
could also be very useful in the shootout, would be something Im interested in

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:55 PM
  #27
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Handzus + 3rd for Raymond
Someone else in the SJS panic thread gave him up for a 4th rounder

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:00 PM
  #28
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,838
vCash: 5555
I am very content with having Schroeder as the 3C. He is great defensively and generates lots of offensive chances, and will only get better with experience.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:03 PM
  #29
Mizral
Registered User
 
Mizral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Earth, MW
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,108
vCash: 500
IMO the Canucks are fine at centre and don't really need to add. If they did, I would expect it's because they feel Schroeder is not quite ready for a playoff run.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:10 PM
  #30
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Handzus + 3rd for Raymond
Make it a 2nd and Handzus for Raymond and conditional 4th. Moves to 7th if Raymond signs

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:16 PM
  #31
LiveeviL
No unique points
 
LiveeviL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jämtland, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral View Post
IMO the Canucks are fine at centre and don't really need to add. If they did, I would expect it's because they feel Schroeder is not quite ready for a playoff run.
Yes I agree. If anything Schroeder plus a 2nd should be interesting for those who need an up and coming guy and can offer a prime shutdown guy in return.

Not that Vancouver fans wants to get rid of Schroeder, but Gillis would do it if he thought it was good for the team [Insert Hodgson argument].

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:09 PM
  #32
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Not many of us want a #3C and are content with our team as it is. Booth would be the most expendable, but if you see the fans not wanting to give up anything it's because we don't have a desprate need
This

I might ask to re acquire Raffe Torres.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:11 PM
  #33
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Yes I agree. If anything Schroeder plus a 2nd should be interesting for those who need an up and coming guy and can offer a prime shutdown guy in return.

Not that Vancouver fans wants to get rid of Schroeder, but Gillis would do it if he thought it was good for the team [Insert Hodgson argument].
When are you guys going to get over the fact Hodgson was a poor mans prima donna here and he sucked in the locker room? They even taped a mock C to his sweater the day he was traded , and then put him down behind his back after he left.

Doesnt mean we have to now trade Schroeder for a reprisal spite trade.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:21 PM
  #34
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 38,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
This

I might ask to re acquire Raffe Torres.
meh if he would lose the dirty hits and cheap shots then yes, but it puts a target on our stars if we have someone running around injuring players. Also makes the team look back.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:24 PM
  #35
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 38,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral View Post
IMO the Canucks are fine at centre and don't really need to add. If they did, I would expect it's because they feel Schroeder is not quite ready for a playoff run.
Management and the coaching staff have praised Schroeder and his performances so far. Things that will keep him in the lineup imo are his defensive ability, his strength and determination that allows him to be effective as a smaller player, and his chemistry with Raymond who really seems to be bouncing back.

Raymond-Schroder-Hansen has been one of my favourite lines to watch this year

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:57 PM
  #36
LiveeviL
No unique points
 
LiveeviL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jämtland, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
When are you guys going to get over the fact Hodgson was a poor mans prima donna here and he sucked in the locker room? They even taped a mock C to his sweater the day he was traded , and then put him down behind his back after he left.

Doesnt mean we have to now trade Schroeder for a reprisal spite trade.
I have not enough insight in the locker room argument, but please give me the references and enlighten me.

Anyway, I was not a big fan of Hodgson. I merely took him as an example of a popular (fan -wise), young and promising homegrown player which Gillis had no problem to trade in an unsentimental way. This in order to preemptively counter arguments against trading Schroeder along with a 2nd for some developed high grade commodity.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:34 PM
  #37
ohnoeszz
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Here's Vans issue:

The sedins are not good defensive zone players as they lack aggressiveness, work rate and skating ability. It is a bad matchup to have them taking Dzone face offs as it isn't their forte and it detracts from their ozone starts. Kesler, as the Canucks other top center, is the teams best two way force and heaping defensive responsibility on him detracts from his offensive game. Lappierre is hovering at 50% on the dot (not bad for his competition and zone starts but not great either) and it is still a little unclear whether he can evolve from a checking role into a shutdown role. Schroeder is at 43% on face offs and, in spite of his disruptive active defense, he is a size mismatch.

Malhotra was originally signed to ensure the Twins offensive zone starts. Now he is gone and they are left with Henrik, and 3 right handed faceoff men - 2 of which maybe can't handle high defensive zone starts, while the other is capable of being a much needed all around player as long as he isn't pigeonholed into playing a shutdown role.

The short term solution is to shift more dzone responsibilities to Kesler and Lappierre while keeping Schroeder in open ice where his speed makes him a defensive plus. That does not leave a lot of defensive flexibility for when injuries occur. In the playoffs injuries are frequent and defensive play is paramount. It seems foolish to risk the teams title hopes on shallow defensive center depth.

Considering Gillis' deadline moves to bring in centers like Lappierre and Pahlson, I'd be surprised if he wasnt looking to add another center. Higgins, Lappierre, Pahlson were all acquired with mid round picks near the trade deadline. I think the pattern will continue and a faceoff/defensive specialist is added in a deal not involving a roster player.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:32 PM
  #38
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Make it a 2nd and Handzus for Raymond and conditional 4th. Moves to 7th if Raymond signs
How would SJS fans feel about this? I'd even remove the condition on the 4th.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:35 PM
  #39
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,838
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
How would SJS fans feel about this? I'd even remove the condition on the 4th.
I wouldn't do it. Raymond is playing very well this season, I have no interest in trading him for futures, even if he does walk at the end of the year.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:36 PM
  #40
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,724
vCash: 500
I wonder what happened in the vancouver-buffalo trade talk. at one time did they discuss a deal where they would get Gaustead.

Gaustead would likely fit what you probably are looking for as a Center. He has size, and a PK/face off specialist.

Nashville appeared to over-sign him to keep him. His salary seemed to jump big time. from around low $1M per to a 4/$13M deal.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:47 PM
  #41
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
I wonder what happened in the vancouver-buffalo trade talk. at one time did they discuss a deal where they would get Gaustead.

Gaustead would likely fit what you probably are looking for as a Center. He has size, and a PK/face off specialist.

Nashville appeared to over-sign him to keep him. His salary seemed to jump big time. from around low $1M per to a 4/$13M deal.

Personally I love Gaustad but not for a 1st or for 3.25M caphit :/

Which is why guys like Boyle making 1.7M and Handzus making 2.5M are so appealing.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:41 PM
  #42
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,939
vCash: 500
An SJ fan and I already completed a 4th for Handzus transaction.

/Thread

Sergei Shirokov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:43 PM
  #43
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I wouldn't do it. Raymond is playing very well this season, I have no interest in trading him for futures, even if he does walk at the end of the year.
Higgins then

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:47 PM
  #44
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
You know what the price of a good 3C is, what, if anything, are you prepared to offer?
Hard to say. We got Pahlsson last year for a couple of 4th rounders and he filled that role just fine. We'd rather a guy like Stoll, but there may not be anyone like that available. Personally, I'd rather get a cheaper center for maybe a 3rd and a prospect. Either that or bring one back as part of the luongo deal.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:03 PM
  #45
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,939
vCash: 500
No reason to trade: Higgins, Raymond or Booth.

All are needed, we have seen the injury troubles we have ran into with our wingers. Having those 3 all capable of being top 6 forwards are a huge asset.

We don't need a 3C desperately, Schroeder has that role locked down.

IT would nice to be able to add a 3rd/4th liner (LH only) that can take big draws like Manny did so Henrik doesn't have to take Dzone draws, and one that can kill penalties and play solid defense and ease Kesler's defensive workload.

That would be Handzus perfectly IMO. And if we don't feel comfortable with Schroeder he can also step up into the top 9 like Lappy can.

That's why Handzus for 4th makes so much sense. Hopefully MG realizes this and talks to DW about it.

Sergei Shirokov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:02 PM
  #46
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
No reason to trade: Higgins, Raymond or Booth.

All are needed, we have seen the injury troubles we have ran into with our wingers. Having those 3 all capable of being top 6 forwards are a huge asset.

We don't need a 3C desperately, Schroeder has that role locked down.

IT would nice to be able to add a 3rd/4th liner (LH only) that can take big draws like Manny did so Henrik doesn't have to take Dzone draws, and one that can kill penalties and play solid defense and ease Kesler's defensive workload.

That would be Handzus perfectly IMO. And if we don't feel comfortable with Schroeder he can also step up into the top 9 like Lappy can.

That's why Handzus for 4th makes so much sense. Hopefully MG realizes this and talks to DW about it.

Lapierre seems like the type of guy who plays his best when challenged.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:20 PM
  #47
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Lapierre seems like the type of guy who plays his best when challenged.
Yeah, but I would prefer him in a 4th line role behind Schroeder myself.

4th for Handzus:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Handzus - Lappierre

Dat depth.

Sergei Shirokov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:43 PM
  #48
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,135
vCash: 500
Any way they could snag Vermette out of Pheonix?

Something around Schroeder for Vermette?
(I know PHX just acquired him)


Schreoder has looked good so far, but as a contending team I think Vermette would bring more to our team.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:36 AM
  #49
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,321
vCash: 500
Trade Booth for a 3rd line center. Embarrassing.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:44 AM
  #50
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,135
vCash: 500
I wish we could have re-signed Sammy Pahlsson to fill this role for us.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.