HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL TV news and discussion

Old
02-16-2013, 08:59 AM
ModryJazyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Yeah its really only Slovak broadcasters to blame,here in Latvia Dinamo Riga games are always broadcasted for first 4 years it was LTV7 and now its Viasat Sport Baltic/TV6.
what a crap blame Slovak broadcaster.... all games from Slovan Bratislava stadium WERE broadcasted (in HD quality).
We are talking about games played in Russia - for an example Moscow, which were not on TV, not because Slovak broadcasters but fail of Russian staff/KHL management on russian stadiums.
Slovan statement to that Spartak game, google translate :
"Operator stations and Sport1 Sport2 company Chello Central Europe has also given us an explanation as to why it was not possible to broadcast yesterday's match against Spartak Moscow. As Moscow's club failed to ensure local production for the production of direct transmission, there was no TV signal, which can be downloaded to Sport2 broadcasting stations in Slovakia and the Czech Republic."
Well, one more thing, it's funny to talk about importancy of costs - profit in KHL forum ...

ModryJazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
While the KHL online product is not perfect, the issues of not having Slovan games on TV really does fall at the feet of Slovak television as a whole.

I honestly do not get why this deal was so poorly managed.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:23 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
"Operator stations and Sport1 Sport2 company Chello Central Europe has also given us an explanation as to why it was not possible to broadcast yesterday's match against Spartak Moscow. As Moscow's club failed to ensure local production for the production of direct transmission, there was no TV signal, which can be downloaded to Sport2 broadcasting stations in Slovakia and the Czech Republic."
Not true. Club has nothing to do with broadcasting.Blame broadcaster, not club or league. Do you guys realize what is status quo of russian/slovak/latvian etc broadcasters? Thats the problem, not KHL or clubs.

EDIT
As was written earlier, Sport TV is not major sport broadcaster in Slovakia, Czech rep. It is not main broadcaster in Slovakia/Czech rep, there are other private broadcasters. Why did they not buy KHL rights in 2009/10? Why did they not buy KHL right last season when Poprad played KHL? Yeah, not interesting in KHL. Their (and fans) problem now, when is hockey boom here. One of conditions for Sport TV is to make signal from home games of Slovan/Lev. They have adventage because are on both markets - Czech and Slovak. That can not be said about others. Btw, Versus was not the main broadcaster when buying NHL rights.... analogy to Sport TV.

Last edited by vorky: 02-16-2013 at 09:31 AM.
vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:25 AM
kajoo

Quote:
Well goodbye,we will certainly miss you,kajoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
FINALLY! Bye!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Bye bye drama kid.
ouch, I hit the nerve it seems

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:47 AM
kajoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
While the KHL online product is not perfect, the issues of not having Slovan games on TV really does fall at the feet of Slovak television as a whole.

I honestly do not get why this deal was so poorly managed.

There need to be two to make a perfect deal - buyer and seller. While I tend to agree that our TV market sucks donkey balls as a whole, there is also a reason to blame KHL.

Look how Sport TV explains lack of Slovan games

Quote:
Sport TV gets in advance list of games transmitted next month. Some games are produced in HD, other in SD 16:9, SD4:3. Some streamed games dont conform to requirements for quality, qty of cams, possibility of replays, signal quality etc
Here f.e. Sport TV apologised for missing 2 away games of Slovan due to no signal production.

Whoever says that KHL doesnt bear any responsibility is deluded.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:56 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

kajoo
Is KHL responsible for this?

You must to get the problem. KHL can not be responsible for everything. I think KHL wants all games to be broadcasted in HD, but can not do anything to solve the problem immidiately. Local televisions are not perfect. The story of ASG in Chelyabinsk. Local broadcaster promised to buy HD equipment before this season, to be ready for ASG 2013. Broadcaster changed the mind, HD will be bought next summer as I know. KHL wanted ASG 2013 to be in HD, believe me. But, local broadcaster changed the mind. That is how it works. It is not so easy as you think.

IIRC ult wrote why other games was choosen by russian tv, not Spartak v Slovan.

KHL has minimal standard, therefore no games from Magnitogorsk to european broadcasters. I agree with KHL at this point. If the quality is low, no games. Brand is brand.

Last edited by vorky: 02-16-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 12:01 PM
kajoo

Quote:
Also a very valid point.
depends

I bought monthly pass on huste.tv (January 26th to February 26th) for 5,80 and all they offered were 2 games, Cherepovets (good stream) and Chekhov (terrible quality, missed 2 goals then stopped watching), no recent road game.

To sum it up, I paid 5,80 for watching 1 full game and my monthly pass is about to expire. My brother wanted to buy it as well but I warned him to not waste his money like me.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:10 PM
kajoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
kajoo
Is KHL responsible for this?
Ended up paying €5,80 for one lousy stream while €10 is cheapest regular season ticket.

What excuse do you have now ?

Last edited by kajoo: 02-16-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 12:18 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
Ended up paying €5,80 for one lousy stream while €10 is cheapest regular season ticket.

What excuse do you have now ?
Kajoo,we cant really help you,if youre sick of KHL than just don`t watch it and dont comment on KHL boards,that will solve all your problems and you will able to stop whining

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Vicente

It's the first KHL season of Slovan Bratislava. It's normal that not everything works immidiately perfect but I think if Slovan have a good post season that will help their position for better coverage.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:15 PM
kajoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
It's the first KHL season of Slovan Bratislava. It's normal that not everything works immidiately perfect but I think if Slovan have a good post season that will help their position for better coverage.

I think its no secret that Slovan did a lot of sacrifice to join this league, 2,5x increasing its budget, which also meant increasing ticket prices. Last seasons tickets were avalaible for 4-8, this season its 10-18 and during lock-out even more, tickets for playoffs are ranged from 30 to 59. KHL was expected to be improvement over Extraliga in all areas, but TV coverage is huge disappointment so far. This legendary quality up-grade over Extraliga is nowhere to seen as there is very little TV coverage and some games arent even televised/streamed.

"Giveem time" isnt how business work. There is a problem and we would appreciate to see some solution. Havent heard single one word how KHL plans to improve current situation starting next playoff, season etc.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:33 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I posted here links from Mrs. Chaykovskaya interviews. Everybody can read them or good new one.

IIRC almost every game should be in HD, which would be great.
Acc.to this list, not every arena(club) which promoted to Gagarin Cup play-offs have HD equipment. So it is not so easy/chaep to bring HD equipment from city A to city B, not in Russia where distances are huuge.

follow this Are all slovak, czech tv channels in HD? If not, why we blame Russia?

Everything wants time. Russia is preparing for Olympics in Sochi. So broadcasting is aiming for this date.

Quote:
Havent heard single one word how KHL plans to improve current situation starting next playoff, season etc.
KHL TV is in HD

Last edited by vorky: 02-16-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 03:47 PM
kajoo

vorky, I cant speak russian. Thanks for the links provided anyway. Maybe KHL should also improve communication with non-russian speakers ? Slovakia has no team in NHL and they provided slovak language version of NHL.com site, thats another room for improvement for KHL.

Ive never blamed Russia for lack of HD tv games, I was actually angry over NO tv transmission/NO stream. Heck I would be happy even for analog quality games, or even black/white, so badly I wanted to see that Spartak away game.

KHL lacks business acumen, NHL have their HNICs while KHL fans are left with grand total 0 games on Saturday evening.

Last edited by kajoo: 02-16-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 04:32 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

As you know, I say that KHLs marketing etc is not ideal, needs to be improved. On the other hand I understand problems, know why can not be fixed immidiatelly.

Quote:
KHL lacks business acumen, NHL have their HNICs while KHL fans are left with grand total 0 games on Saturday evening.
HNIC - is that Hockey Night in Canada? If yes, it is not NHLs product but CBCs. KHL TV tried to develop similar show, did not work. Announcers/journalists are not so experianced. You can watch this show at khl website and compare (Liga PS, Probros). Every russian/slovak/latvian etc broadcaster can develop such show, KHL will welcome it. I wrote it earlier, Sport TV does not have pre/post game show from Slovan(Lev)s games. Even during intermission. The same Nova Sport. Do I blame KHL for that? No, I blame Sport TV/Nova Sport.

I can not speak about russian sport/hockey tradition,but there must be a reason why hockey games are not so often during weekends. Maybe is russian soccer league played? You know, tv rankings. NHL does the same with major sports. Native russian can tell details, I really dont know. Maybe schedulling is a reason?

Quote:
I cant speak russian. Thanks for the links provided anyway. Maybe KHL should also improve communication with non-russian speakers ? Slovakia has no team in NHL and they provided slovak language version of NHL.com site, thats another room for improvement for KHL.
You can not speak russian. How can you judge KHL? That is a problem of many slovaks. They have limited informations about KHL. They dont know context. Of course, not everybody.

Did NHL have its website in slovak in 5th year of its existence? No. Yes, not fair argument. KHLs website needs improvement, in many areas. Why should KHL waste money/resources/time/employees working time to develop slovak version of website, if there are other areas which needs to be improved? It reminds me this: Imagine that KHL would order to club to build new arenas until 2014. All clubs would pay less money to players... clubs would have great modern arenas but no player to play in. All russians would move to NA minors, foreigners not interested in KHL due to salary. IMO it would be not the best attitude of KHL.

English version of KHL website has improved this season. Nowadays everybody speaks english. Btw, I would not be suprised if KHL website in chinese appeared earlier than slovak. Market.

Quote:
Ive never blamed Russia for lack of HD tv games, I was actually angry over NO tv transmission/NO stream. Heck I would be happy even for analog quality games, or even black/white, so badly I wanted to see that Spartak away game.
I said everything on this topic. KHLs main market is Russia, cope with it.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:22 AM
kajoo

Quote:
As you know, I say that KHLs marketing etc is not ideal, needs to be improved. On the other hand I understand problems, know why can not be fixed immidiatelly.

HNIC - is that Hockey Night in Canada? If yes, it is not NHLs product but CBCs. KHL TV tried to develop similar show, did not work. Announcers/journalists are not so experianced. You can watch this show at khl website and compare (Liga PS, Probros). Every russian/slovak/latvian etc broadcaster can develop such show, KHL will welcome it. I wrote it earlier, Sport TV does not have pre/post game show from Slovan(Lev)s games. Even during intermission. The same Nova Sport. Do I blame KHL for that? No, I blame Sport TV/Nova Sport.
KHL setting up standards you said, at least in minimal signal quality. Why not setting up standards in other areas as well ? I know these things should be sorted out itself by market (which should be also valid for signal quality btw) but honest to god, KHL games on Sport TV are a dull show and makes STVs WCh hockey with hysterical announcer and senile Jozi Golonka during intermissions look like a proper hockey show.

However, this isnt my biggest issue, I would still find dull show far more entertaining than no show. HD or SD who cares, dont care about pre-game show or electronic pen analysis during intermissions, so low my expectations dropped.

I pray to Lord to give me atleast black and white 320x268 stream with no announcer and arabic subtitles across and commercial popping up every 10 seconds for the playoffs.

Quote:
I can not speak about russian sport/hockey tradition,but there must be a reason why hockey games are not so often during weekends. Maybe is russian soccer league played? You know, tv rankings. NHL does the same with major sports. Native russian can tell details, I really dont know. Maybe schedulling is a reason?
12 games on Friday, 0 on Saturday, 13 on Sunday. Thats weird. I understand that nearly every KHL team was involved in action on Friday and need full day rest for another game, but I still think its weird to not schedule at least one game for Sat night.

Football RPL didnt kick off yet btw.

Quote:
You can not speak russian. How can you judge KHL? That is a problem of many slovaks. They have limited informations about KHL. They dont know context. Of course, not everybody.

Did NHL have its website in slovak in 5th year of its existence? No. Yes, not fair argument. KHLs website needs improvement, in many areas. Why should KHL waste money/resources/time/employees working time to develop slovak version of website, if there are other areas which needs to be improved? It reminds me this: Imagine that KHL would order to club to build new arenas until 2014. All clubs would pay less money to players... clubs would have great modern arenas but no player to play in. All russians would move to NA minors, foreigners not interested in KHL due to salary. IMO it would be not the best attitude of KHL.

English version of KHL website has improved this season. Nowadays everybody speaks english. Btw, I would not be suprised if KHL website in chinese appeared earlier than slovak. Market.

I said everything on this topic. KHLs main market is Russia, cope with it.
that was a joke I used when comparing NHL and KHL arenas

IMO its far more feasible, easier and even logical if it was KHL that would cope with language question instead, and do the fans favour by communicating with them in russian, ukrainian, belarussian, kazakh, slovakian, latvian and later croatian, italian, polish etc. They should be able to pay salary of slovak speaking staff just from the Višňovsks fine alone.

Do you really expect f.e. Rossoblu fans learning Russian ?

Last edited by kajoo: 02-17-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Old
02-17-2013, 04:41 AM
kajoo

Fully understand that KHL thread should serve for discussing KHL hockey first and foremost.

But for those who have no legal opportunities to watch KHL hockey (despite paying for it, or willingness to pay for it) its quite difficult to discuss anything else than KHLs TV deals policy.

I start discussing hockey as soon as I will be able to watch some, I swear.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:44 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

kajoo
I really dont know how to explain it, I tried.

Sport TV has rights to broadcast 30 home games of Slovan and Lev in regular season 12/13, so ideally 15 of Slovan, 15 of Lev. Read Yes, it is not all home games of both teams (26 home games per team). I have no idea why such deal, but respect it. Maybe Sport TV could not efford more? Money issue. Maybe KHL did not offer better deal? Maybe it was 2y deal from previous season in Poprad? You know, pacta sunt servanda. I am sure, that deal will be resigned with better condition. There are rumours since oct/nov. Of course, you have to follow russian media to know it.

I dont agree with slovak etc version of KHL website NOW. costs >>>>>profit As I said, chinese version of website makes more sense because khl wants to expand into asian market, china is biggest country by population, near russian borders - so league/clubs can attract chinese money...I dont know how khl thinks, but I would do it witih 3-5 yrs. Even german version of website makes more sense than slovak - german is more used language, german companies can invest into KHL, expansion here.

I agree with Visnoskys fine, his words was correctly translated. Believe me, I spoke to a person who translated it.

You have legal opportunity to watch KHL. Majority of Slovans games was on tv, KHL game center or huste. You dont care about quality, so enjoy it. Maybe a few games was not available, not a big deal.

I am repeating myself, KHL is not ideal, needs to be improved. I remember KHL 2008/09, it was impossible to watch it. A few games on internet, no slovak tv broadcasted it. Now, KHL improved, very very much.

Just for you, according to my info from serious source, KHL has many employees who speak fluently italian.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModryJazyk View Post
what a crap blame Slovak broadcaster.... all games from Slovan Bratislava stadium WERE broadcasted (in HD quality).
Are you dreaming? Not a single home game from Slovan's arena was in HD, and they did NOT broadcast all of Slovan's home games. They skipped MANY of them, including the recent crucial game against Severstal.

That Czech-Hungarian Sport TV channel (it's not Slovak!) to which the KHL sold Slovan's rights, is a total, utter load of horse manure. I'll be cancelling Sport 1 and Sport 2 at my first opportunity. I hope they will go bankrupt soon.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:09 AM
russianhockey

The Hungarian Sport 1 is now also running in HD, the picture quality is great. the pictures of yesterdays FA Cup game was much better than of germans Sport 1+ HD and czechs Nova Sport HD.

Will they also broadcast KHL Playoffs?

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:51 AM
Faterson

Those cr@ppy Czech/Hungarian Sport 1 and Sport 2 channels are not running in HD here in Slovakia. Horrible picture, horrible announcers, etc. Congratulations to the KHL on having selected such a broadcast partner -- it will certainly "enhance" the KHL's reputation over here. The picture from Riga yesterday could have been transmitted by Curiosity from Mars. It really hurt your eyes to look at all the blurriness.

(And yes, they also have the play-offs in Slovakia, and promised to show all of Slovan's play-off games, at least. But they won't be in HD, I'm sure.)

Old
02-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
kajoo
As I said, chinese version of website makes more sense because khl wants to expand into asian market, china is biggest country by population, near russian borders - so league/clubs can attract chinese money...I dont know how khl thinks, but I would do it witih 3-5 yrs.

Now let's be realistic, China could invest in Russian based continental football league, also basketball league or even more plausible table tennis or badminton league, but hockey?? I'm sure NHL does not sleep and sees every marketing etc. opportunity NBA uses to get money from China (the same with European football clubs), so why don't they go to Chinese hockey market? Because there is no such market! I can understand Zagreb, Gdansk or Milan (in hockey popularity probably in this order) but hockey does not exist in China. IT DOES NOT. You can show me tables and pictures from world championships but hockey does not exist in China. Maybe in 30 years there will be hockey, who knows, but at the moment how do you imagine Chinese hockey market? Chinese fans being ordered by people with guns to watch 20 foreigners play a weird game chasing black round things on ice?? Chinese poor people have no money for tickets and wealthy middle class will better watch Chelsea or Messi with Barcelona than go to something called hockey? Would you go to American football or baseball game if you had a team in the 2nd best league? I don't know, maybe you understand these sports but I sure better would go to Latvian ''soccer'' league game than watch something that's totally foreign to me... with no Latvian playing that game or being even remotly decent at that. And with no chance something might change in 20 years.

But of course I agree that maybe not several language versions are needed for KHL, but maybe to promote a hockey forum in English (and those national languages) based on KHL home page. In that case more people would be able to discuss things, I mean it's great here at HFboards but more people would probably see adds watching the game and will join in that case creating more interest about the league. As I have noticed that Dinamo Riga is in KHL from the beginning but still many Latvians don't know much about the league except the team names and the fact that "Russia sucks" and that's why we would maybe need such a thing, as otherwise we have guys like Namejs who talks about how Amur is not needed in the league because he probably believes instead of fans there are bears with balalaika and samovar in the stands, for tickets priced USD 1, the team's owner is a guy in a leather jacket called Sasha Beliy carrying around AK 47 all the time and the team is 20 clones of Oleg Znarok only 3 times less talented and 2 times more talented in swearing, fighting and moustache...

Last edited by Latgale_fan: 02-18-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:06 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Agree with both paragraphs.

Yes, there is no hockey market now in China. On the other hand, KHL wants to establish itself at asian tv market. I just say about chinese version of khl website. If KHL believes there is a potential in China, it will launch chinese version of leagues website. Chinese dont know what hockey is, so you (KHL) must explain it to them. You dont have to do it with Europeans (dont count Cyprus ect). How many chinese live in Russia (Siberia, Far East)? What about next decade or two?

I dont say there will be chinese KHL team. I only claim China is interesting country. I dont know why NHL does not invest into China (like NBA did). I have a feeling NHL does not care about hockey outside NA. KHL has a partnership with Infront Sports & Media which has many experiance with sport (basket) bussiness in China/Asia. So I am sure they will make a correct research at asian market. Just an idea, you dont have to broadcast/have khl website in chinese.. you can do it in english (if native chinese population not intersted in hockey) - many Europeans/Americans live/work in China/Asia and the amount will increase in future. The main goal is to tell them - look, there is KHL.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:09 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

kajoo

You wrote that you did not hear about news for upcoming play-offs. Read. I have no time to translate, maybe later.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:48 AM
kajoo

Quote:
kajoo

You wrote that you did not hear about news for upcoming play-offs. Read. I have no time to translate, maybe later.
vorky,

Thanks for up-date, I will use google translator.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Faterson

I wish we could subscribe to KHL TV here in Slovakia! But it's not possible, except for some people in Koice who have Antik cable TV. I sent a request to my cable TV provider (Orange) to make KHL TV available here in Bratislava, but I have zero hope they will give a damn about trying to oblige me.