HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi-Edm

Old
11-02-2012, 12:09 PM
jonlin

vCash: 500
I disagree with Blackhawks fans who think Toews is almost as good as Malkin/Crosby! I do think that he is a selke-caliber center and the leader of his team! He will probably be a career ppg center with elite defense. Theese are harder to find than scorers. Toews is as untouchable as M.Koivu, Weber, Chara and Brown

Eberle however, I feel is underestimated on HF. I consider him better than Hall and Yakupov. Hall is injury prone and I expect him to become Lindroos no2. He plays a style that is not easy on his body. Eberle has always produced well - on every stage, so I wonder why ppl think he will regress?

I feel this would be even value:

Toews, Hjalmarsson for Eberle, Yakupov and a 1st

I do think neither team would do this because the trade is fair. Both teams want a major overpayment to move any of the players involved.

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

If any Blackhawk fan suggested Toews was almost on par with Malkin or Crosby, then they were probably the only one. Nobody realistic thinks he's that good.

The trade above is pointless. What do the Hawks gain by giving up Toews, their #1 center - a position they are already weak at even with him? He's the best player in the deal, a big no-no for any team trying to win immediately as the Hawks are.

Value-wise it's fair enough, although I tend to value prospects and draft picks lower than some of the crazies on here. But it just doesn't do anything. Chicago loses their best player at their weakest position and gains a couple more wingers, one of whom has proven nothing in the NHL.
Just doesn't make sense.

I'm sure an Edmonton fan could explain the Oilers' side of things on that deal - I doubt they'll much like it either, since giving up those two guys isn't a particularly popular idea up there.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 12:33 PM
jonlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
If any Blackhawk fan suggested Toews was almost on par with Malkin or Crosby, then they were probably the only one. Nobody realistic thinks he's that good.

The trade above is pointless. What do the Hawks gain by giving up Toews, their #1 center - a position they are already weak at even with him? He's the best player in the deal, a big no-no for any team trying to win immediately as the Hawks are.

Value-wise it's fair enough, although I tend to value prospects and draft picks lower than some of the crazies on here. But it just doesn't do anything. Chicago loses their best player at their weakest position and gains a couple more wingers, one of whom has proven nothing in the NHL.
Just doesn't make sense.

I'm sure an Edmonton fan could explain the Oilers' side of things on that deal - I doubt they'll much like it either, since giving up those two guys isn't a particularly popular idea up there.
I said neither team would do that deal, cause they are bad trade-partners. The value is fair IMO. Edmonton, with a 1-2 center punch of Toews-RNH would be an upgrade! Edmonton could actually trade a few wingers for an elite c. Edmonton also need better D and forwards who can defend. Toews is as good as it gets.

Youre right about Chicago though. They actually need more centers as it is! Thats why Edmonton has to overpay and alot. Another trade could be:

Toews, Hjalmarsson,Montador for Eberle, Hemsky, Hartikainen and 1st, 2nd(2013)

Hartikainen is a very promising prospect, the picks are for a deep draft!

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

My bad I'm an idiot. I just saw the deal and didn't read below it.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:10 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cupstandard View Post
Eberle, Gagner and a 2nd for Toews

Chicago would more scoring out of Ebs and Gagner then having just Toews. Oilers get a proven young leader. Fair deal?
As an Oiler fan the hawks laugh and hang up the phone . Toews is a center which has more value then a winger . Toews players a 2 way game and puts up just as many points . Would the Oilers trade RNH for a winger that puts up the same points ?

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:19 PM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post

This is almost as bad as somebody saying Hall is more of a winner then Seguin when Seguin already has a ring and all Hall has done in his brief NHL career is lead his team to two consecutive first overall draft picks.
Hockey is a team sport bud. Seguin really lead the Bruins to a cup with his 11 mins a night and healthy scratches.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
It would take Eberle + RNH at least.
LOL chill out.
RNH + Ebs > Mr. Over rated.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:20 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
LOL chill out.
RNH + Ebs > Mr. Over rated.
Speaking of overrated.

Anyways, this seems like a classic "both teams say no" trade.

Chicago isn't trading their franchise centre and Captain. Edmonton's not trading a 2nd round pick.. and Eberle's not too bad either.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:29 PM
haterbehatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Speaking of overrated.

Anyways, this seems like a classic "both teams say no" trade.

Chicago isn't trading their franchise centre and Captain. Edmonton's not trading a 2nd round pick.. and Eberle's not too bad either.
A second round pick?

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:49 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
A second round pick?
Is it not obvious that a 2nd round pick would be the most valuable piece coming back in a trade to Chicago that involves Jordan Eberle?

Hmm.. maybe it's just me.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:53 PM
BOUNCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Is it not obvious that a 2nd round pick would be the most valuable piece coming back in a trade to Chicago that involves Jordan Eberle?

Hmm.. maybe it's just me.

Well the problem is that you're thinking it's 1st round, 2nd overall. When it's actually just a 2nd (31-60range)in this case.

BOUNCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:13 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post

This is almost as bad as somebody saying Hall is more of a winner then Seguin when Seguin already has a ring and all Hall has done in his brief NHL career is lead his team to two consecutive first overall draft picks.
Your post doesn't make any sense. Hall LED his team to 2 Memorial Cup wins (MVP). Seguin was scratched a bunch for Boston's cup run. It's not remotely similar at all.

If you haven't realized, hockey is a team sport.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:16 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
I'd actually say no as an Oiler fan. Toews is definitely more valuable than either Eberle or Gagner, but I think the sum of Ebs/Gagner is worth more. They're young players that should only get better with time.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:25 AM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I'm sorry but did you even watch the playoffs?
Did you? One game doesn't make him a driving force.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:34 AM
14eberle

Trades like this are not about the value, because according to the value of a player in the market, it might make sense, but is just the fact what tows means to chicago, not gonna happen! they just don't want to trade him unless like Malkin or Crosby are offered, and guess what Pittsburg's not gonna make that trade either!! Only time such big players who mean a lot to their teams get traded is, when their contract is almost up, and if they don't wanna stick it out with their team! Since neither Toews or Eberle are in that situation, lets put this one to rest, and focus back on O'Reilly!

14eberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:24 AM
T-Funk

Not enough from the Oilers, but the Oilers will never trade Eberle anyways.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:06 AM
topnotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
I'd actually say no as an Oiler fan. Toews is definitely more valuable than either Eberle or Gagner, but I think the sum of Ebs/Gagner is worth more. They're young players that should only get better with time.
The thought that players' skills are additive in a trade is just poor thinking when evaluating a trade. This type of thought process leads to many quantity for quality trades on HF (I'm not saying the OP is strictly quantity for quality, just that the quoted poster's thought process is similar).

Eberle is a good player with potential to be great/elite. But Gagner is juat a 2nd/3rd line tweener. Gagner has potential to become a 2nd line player but Marcus Kruger has the potential to become a Sam Gagner. The simple fact is that there is an abundance of players like Gagne; he is relatively easily replaced. There is not an abundance of players like Toews and Eberle and so the trade will ride almostly exclusively on their values, of which Toews has considerably more.

topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote