HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa owner blasts Cooke

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Terrapin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
right. that's what I said. We should probably just bench all of our good players, sign some goons and waive whoever needs waived to make the space for them. Because god knows the Senators are a terrifying bunch. I mean, every time an incident like this happens, someone gets Bertuzzi'd.
Yeah that pretty much is what you said. If they dress a bunch of goons who want to headhunt, you hope we torch them with goals.

No, rarely does something happen, especially after an accidental play. Then again, you don't hear a team owner essentially put a public bounty on a players head either.

Except for Neil, I don't think any Sens players could beat their way out of a nutsack. But their lineup may look a little different for that game.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Yeah that pretty much is what you said. If they dress a bunch of goons who want to headhunt, you hope we torch them with goals.

No, rarely does something happen, especially after an accidental play. Then again, you don't hear a team owner essentially put a public bounty on a players head either.

Except for Neil, I don't think any Sens players could beat their way out of a nutsack. But their lineup may look a little different for that game.
Except I have no expectations of their goons trying to do anything beyond fighting Cooke. I never mentioned headhunting or Bortuzzi'ing anybody. So no, I didn't say anything of the sort.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Ottawa would probably sign Francis Lessard, he's a former Ottawa Senator. He's currently playing in the LNAH.
Have you seen anything from Lessard this year? I only ask because from what I saw of him from the AHL last year, he looked to be slowing down a bit. His fighting ability declining is likely why he's in the LNAH instead of a more serious league at this point.

As far as outrage goes, the best post I've seen was a Sens fan saying Crosby put Cooke up to it because Sid was jealous of Karlsson's growing notoriety.

edit: Damnit, Hedberg beat me to it.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:51 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#axzz2L6ihD3NZ

He's got one purpose,” Melnyk continued about Cooke. “I remember when this happened with Spezza. I said, ‘If these are the rules, I just want to know.' We'll play with the same rules. Make sure you have one or two goons whose job is to do this either intentionally or unintentionally. I'm OK with it. Just tell me. I play by the rules. I'm just shocked an organization would do this.”

A bit of a threat here.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:52 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1350137

Reading the comments here and the "organize a protest" thread are hilarious.

Edit:

Yikes. Few things in this world are dumber than a conspiracy-minded sports fan.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I posted this on the Sens board about this.
It sounds corny, but I'm proud of Cooke for his turnaround. He's not the same but still a decent hockey player.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post

He's got one purpose,” Melnyk continued about Cooke. “I remember when this happened with Spezza. I said, ‘If these are the rules, I just want to know.' We'll play with the same rules. Make sure you have one or two goons whose job is to do this either intentionally or unintentionally. I'm OK with it. Just tell me. I play by the rules. I'm just shocked an organization would do this.”

A bit of a threat here.
Like I said, it sounds pretty much like a bounty. Of course some posters on here would probably like to scratch Engo and Glass that game, and replace them with Eaton and Boychuk.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:55 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Wow. This is honestly completely unexpected. No sarcasm.

As much as I understand how difficult losing a luminary like Karlsson must be... this level of ******** and, frankly, threats from a team owner seems extremely bizarre and obviously unprofessional.

Like clefty said... dude isn't dead. WTF?

Old
02-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post

A bit of a threat here.
"And starting on leftwing, for your Ottawa Senators... Clarence 'Screaming Buffalo' Swamptown!"

Old
02-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Like I said, it sounds pretty much like a bounty. Of course some posters on here would probably like to scratch Engo and Glass that game, and replace them with Eaton and Boychuk.
If the Sens choose to maintain that thought process, then you call up MacIntyre and dress him, Glass, Vitale, Adams, Engelland and Bortuzzo.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Omnomnomnom

Quote:
If the Sens choose to maintain that thought process, then you call up MacIntyre and dress him, Glass, Vitale, Adams, Engelland and Bortuzzo.
Agreed. And let them know early that any shenanigans against our stars will be reciprocated against theirs...

Old
02-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Cookie will have to drop the gloves in that game like he did on Boston after the Savard incident. Although this time it's stupid since the hit was accidental according to every neutral credible hockey analyst and former player. I don't see much happening beyond a Cooke scrap.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
I agree

Old
02-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

The whole Senators organization is acting like a four year-old child having their Power Ranger taken away from them.

It's sad and pathetic.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
02-16-2013, 07:06 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

even with all of their stars, the Senators don't scare me. the toughest player they have is Chris Neil and he doesn't fight anyone his size anyway (i mean actually drop the gloves and fight, not just attack).

let them try to take their runs at the Pens players. if they're not going to care about winning, let them take the low road and play a pathetic style. the Pens are big boys, they'll handle whatever the Sens say they'll do.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Stranger Danger
the

I'm going to TRY and be as neutral as I possibly can here What is Cooke's foot doing back there? I've seen a few replay's and that's the part I don't get. He isn't off balance or anything so wtf?

Old
02-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Kovifan27

I remember when the Senators killed Leopold. If I remember that was a full on charge.

Also Neil not being a goon said he hoped to "catch him with his head down one of these times" about Del Zotto. There is room in the game for that though.

In the end it's a joke. They sent Neil out to take a run at Cooke. I bet they'll be taking runs at everyone the next game. I just don't see the next game ending well. Heaven forbid Neil gets injured trying to hurt Cooke.

It sucks he was injured and I know Sens fans are pissed but some of the stuff people post just amazes me.

Old
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
I'm going to TRY and be as neutral as I possibly can here What is Cooke's foot doing back there? I've seen a few replay's and that's the part I don't get. He isn't off balance or anything so wtf?
Watch a hockey game sometime. And go away.

Old
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
going to pin the player against the wall. Happens many times every game.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Jacob

My favorite is the Senators fan on the main board that wants it to be a penalty every time a player lifts their skate off the ice.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:17 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
it's called a hit-and-pin play and his leg is "up there" to pin Karlsson to the boards in an attempt to jar him from the puck and maintain body position.

now, check out one of the Karlsson's Achilles tendon lacerated threads to see the other "neutral" responses, because it has LITERALLY been discussed ad ****ing nauseum there.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:20 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
My favorite is the Senators fan on the main board that wants it to be a penalty every time a player lifts their skate off the ice.
then games will be 4 hours long and the same fan will argue that the refs are turning the league into a non-contact sport.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:20 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Quote:
A routine play along the boards that went badly. Happens many times a game without incident. It's unfortunate and I'm sorry for Karlsson.

But don't try looking for things that are very obviously not there.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:22 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
A routine play along the boards that went badly. Happens many times a game without incident. It unfortunate and I'm sorry for Karlsson.

But don't try looking for things that are very obviously not there.
even for a "neutral" response, don't expect him to stop doing that.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
going to pin the player against the wall. Happens many times every game.
Yeah. And the odds that Cooke's skate or anybody's skate for that matter will go right into a tiny opening in the back of Karlsson's skate and hit the Achilles area are probably like one in a million or some other ridiculous odds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post

Closed Thread