HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade? (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
TheStranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
For a better example------

look at Buffalo and Michael Peca holdout.

He is the same style ROR would be. Peca for Buffalo was around a low 20s goal scorer and around 50 pts per season. In juniors--unlike ROR --he did get about 90 goals in his 2 yrs.

After a year holding out, he was traded to the Islanders for Tim Connolly and Taylor Pyatt.

He had similar contract demands of wanting much more money than what he should be paid, so is salary would throw the entire team out of whack with salary.

So they got 5th and 8th overall picks that were going into their third seasons in the NHL and were probably expected to both develop into 60+ point players. In O'Reilly's third year, he already has matched Peca's second best season points wise (Peca had one season better at 60P), and pretty clearly has much room to go up from here.

However, he's clearly not worth Gardiner or Reilly. Clearly.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
So they got 5th and 8th overall picks that were going into their third seasons in the NHL and were probably expected to both develop into 60+ point players. In O'Reilly's third year, he already has matched Peca's second best season points wise (Peca had one season better at 60P), and pretty clearly has much room to go up from here.

The issue is that teams don't like to trade players who have either A) freshly been drafted in the top 5 or B) looked like a potential star as a rookie.

Rielly and Gardiner haven't hurt their reputations yet and that's rare for Leafs players.

With that being said I would offer Gardiner for ROR.

Old
02-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Chungo

It seems to me the most you will get out of Leaf fans is Gardiner at a lateral move. Maybe get a small addition added like a b prospect or low end draft pick... I think that's a pretty safe gamble for both teams.

My question is would Colorado want something else not named Kadri, Frattin, JVR, Reilly or Kessel?

Old
02-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Hate 3-ways, they always make things more difficult.

Niskanen, Dumoulin, conditional 2nd, (that changes to a 1st the minute he signs a deal.) This is to get permission to talk with him.

They will have to allow teams to talk with him.

Pens would have to talk him into coming to the Pens, assuring him he won't be playing lower than line two, while assuring him he'll get a fair deal salary wise.

Would he come to the Pens for 4.0 and a shared center/wing role on line one or two? Only he can answer that.

That's absolutely the best I could see the Pens doing, but with Shero's record involved don't be surprised if he comes out with only giving up Niskanen & Dumoulin, maybe a lesser pick (3rd) added.

If teams can beat that offer so be it. That's a fair hockey trade for a bad position the Avs are in.

Old
02-16-2013, 04:38 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
It seems to me the most you will get out of Leaf fans is Gardiner at a lateral move. Maybe get a small addition added like a b prospect or low end draft pick... I think that's a pretty safe gamble for both teams.

My question is would Colorado want something else not named Kadri, Frattin, JVR, Reilly or Kessel?
Not as the centerpiece in the deal. Gardiner + I don't know. Avs want a roster player according to rumors. Only roster player that makes a little sense (not an UFA/not Grabo) is Kulemin...

Old
02-16-2013, 04:43 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:

Not from this fan. I rather not make the deal with Avs since I rate Gardiner really highly.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:22 PM
RhyZa

Lots of overrating of him going on in this thread, just like the overrating by himself. Avs management realize it, and you would think other NHL GMs would too.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhyZa View Post
Lots of overrating of him going on in this thread, just like the overrating by himself. Avs management realize it, and you would think other NHL GMs would too.
I know a lot of people are running with this idea. But, you really should think about what the Avs are actually saying. They are saying he's not worth more than Duchene. They offered him the exact same deal as Duchene.

If you want to make this assertion that contract value for RFA is a reflection of their trade value, then the Avalanche are saying he's roughly worth Duchene. If that's the case, then our demands are remarkably underwhelming.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Chungo

If they want max return out of him, it needs to be a sign and trade deal or else it would be very low trade value.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:54 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboholic View Post
I guess my point is why would I give up ANYTHING for someone that's not playing in the NHL and can't come to terms on a contract.
With that logic, Colorado should simply put him on waivers.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post

The comparison is good. However, Peca played in an era when scoring was lower. O'Reilly, circa 96-99, might not do any better than Peca.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
If they want max return out of him, it needs to be a sign and trade deal or else it would be very low trade value.
Have you read the thread at all? Seriously. Because this has been addressed time and time again.

A team wanting to trade for ROR would be allowed to talk with him first to make sure he would sign with them and for how much.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:
thank god we have an expert here.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:57 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Have you read the thread at all? Seriously. Because this has been addressed time and time again.

A team wanting to trade for ROR would be allowed to talk with him first to make sure he would sign with them and for how much.
Um, any team can talk to him at any time.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:05 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
The comparison is good. However, Peca played in an era when scoring was lower. O'Reilly, circa 96-99, might not do any better than Peca.

You might want to check your facts before making such a statement.

NHL goal average per game in 1999-2000 (last season before Peca's holdout): 5.49.

NHL goal average per game last year: 5.47.

Balloon deflated.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
Um, any team can talk to him at any time.
oh, hes UFA? huh.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:31 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
oh, hes UFA? huh.
Any team can talk to RFAs, the team that owns his rights can match/get compensation for any offer though

Old
02-16-2013, 06:47 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Rock Renegade View Post
isn't he already a top 2C by virtue of playing with landeskog?
Well last year he was the #1 C, his line pretty quickly took over as the group that goes up against other teams' top lines. But with Staz's line coming on strong to end the season and Dutchy coming back from injury Ryan wanted to make sure he didn't get relegated to the more defensive role he filled before last year.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Jonas1235

Elliott friedman saying that Colorado and new york rangers talking trade. O'reilly and a defenseman for del Zotto +

Old
02-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas1235 View Post
Elliott friedman saying that Colorado and new york rangers talking trade. O'reilly and a defenseman for del Zotto +

Colorado got greedy rangers said peace

Old
02-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
They said rangers also rejected because the avs kept asking to add more and more to MDZ. So, they're you have it the template for a trade is MDZ +

Old
02-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Anth93

Quote:
The + must have been really significant.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:02 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
From the sound of it we are asking for the moon. And I like it.
There is zero chance that the dman was EJ and we don't really have anyone worth all too much on D besides maybe Barrie.

So I guess if the Rangers were willing to give up MDZ + for essentially him, the return will not be that bad.
I like that...

Old
02-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
They said rangers also rejected because the avs kept asking to add more and more to MDZ. So, they're you have it the template for a trade is MDZ +
Friedman also said that most teams are saying you are asking for too much. Then Healy said teams are now looking to screw Avs by offer sheeting him in a way that they have to accept 1st+2nd+3rd.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Habsawce

Is there a player the Rangers don't want?

Closed Thread