HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karlsson - Achilles Tendon - Practicing w Team, May Return to Lineup Soon - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Coramoor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingit View Post
Everything is relative. I think of Cooke as a goon. Suspended five times - how many times can one player break the rules and be a danger to other players careers before NHL takes some serious action?
how is 17 games not a serious action. It's the 3rd longest suspension in the post lockout era if i'm not mistaken

Old
02-16-2013, 04:04 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

This is why you need to have that one enforcer on the team like Konopka so that as soon as Cooke steps on the ice you send out the enforcer & he beats the **** out of Cooke. They go to the box & everyone on the ice is safe for 5 mins. When he comes out of the box the enforcer beats the **** out of him again & back to the box for another 5 mins. 1st period over. 2nd period repeat. 3rd period not necessary both were kicked out of the game in the 2nd period.

Old
02-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Hossa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
This is why you need to have that one enforcer on the team like Konopka so that as soon as Cooke steps on the ice you send out the enforcer & he beats the **** out of Cooke. They go to the box & everyone on the ice is safe for 5 mins. When he comes out of the box the enforcer beats the **** out of him again & back to the box for another 5 mins. 1st period over. 2nd period repeat. 3rd period not necessary both were kicked out of the game in the 2nd period.

Your assuming that Cooke would drop the gloves. He wouldn't drop the gloves with Neil so, in this case having an enforcer is irrelevant and not needed.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:18 PM
inthewings

Quote:
"To have (Karlsson) taken out by a goon is unconscionable. Whether it was accidental, or whether it was reckless, or whether it was intentional, to me it doesn't matter. It's something that never should have happened. (Cooke) should never be playing in this league. It's a league for elite players.
-- Senators owner Eugene Melnyk

Amen to that.
What a clown. Embarrassing.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:11 PM
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense

Flyers fan stopping by to say sorry about Karlsson tough break for the Sens, and of course the fans, I myself believe Cooke should have been suspended the guy is the epitome of a cheapshot artist and a goon, on the Flyers pre-game tonight Bill Clement (former broad street bullie and play by play analyst for those who don't know) got after Cooke basically called the play intentional and said he should be suspended and doesn't believe the "I'm a new player" ******** Cooke has been selling, anyway hopefully it makes you guys feel a little better that other teams and fans are as disgusted as you all are about this injury that could and should have been avioded

Old
02-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
What a clown. Embarrassing.
I'm sorry that you don't like our owner having the balls to speak the truth. Cooke is the clown. No, sorry, that's an insult to clowns. Matt Cooke is ****ing scum. He ended Savard's career, he ended Donovan's career, he's tried to do that same to other players in the past, and if Karlsson could never play again, I doubt Cooke would care one bit. He's a vile, pathetic excuse for a human being, and deserves to be out on his ass. Anyone who signs him to a contract in the off season is scum too.

The way I see it, Melnyk should be praised for keeping the things he said appropriate for all audiences.

Melnyk is 100% right.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Lamar Latrell

Calling this a dirty play is mind-boggling. I know this thread has become a haven for people trying to find intent/explanation for misfortune beyond bad luck/bitter at Cooke for previous actions but this is ridiculous. You can never prove Cooke didn't intend to blade Karlsson, just as you cannot prove Tuttle didn't intend to slit Malarchuk's throat.

If you are convinced it was intentional you need to tie someone up into the boards and see how much control and balance you have. Despite belief to the contrary, hockey players are not in 100% control of everything around them at all times (think an errant high-stick).

Melnyk embarrassed his franchise. This whole conspiracy junk is worse than the Steckel-Crosby issue.

Take a breath people, **** happens. It happened to the Pens w/ Staal and Subban.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Latrell View Post
Calling this a dirty play is mind-boggling. I know this thread has become a haven for people trying to find intent/explanation for misfortune beyond bad luck/bitter at Cooke for previous actions but this is ridiculous. You can never prove Cooke didn't intend to blade Karlsson, just as you cannot prove Tuttle didn't intend to slit Malarchuk's throat.

If you are convinced it was intentional you need to tie someone up into the boards and see how much control and balance you have. Despite belief to the contrary, hockey players are not in 100% control of everything around them at all times (think an errant high-stick).

Melnyk embarrassed his franchise. This whole conspiracy junk is worse than the Steckel-Crosby issue.

Take a breath people, **** happens. It happened to the Pens w/ Staal and Subban.
I stated like a lot of people that it was a reckless play by a reckless player. Maybe it wasn't intentional, just another star lost for at least a season by the same player who coincidentally seriously injures stars on a regular basis.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:14 PM
mcnorth

Quote:

My mind is boggled that you don't think Cooke was trying to do something dirty there.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:14 PM
pucky

Cherry is full of it. He said no player would intentionally do that. LOL! Hey, does anyone want to forward the 'Cooke cheap shot' video on youtube? There's one clip in which Cooke is on his back and tries to strike Goalie Chris Osgood in the face (his mask/helmet combo is on but still...) with his skate. That one was blatantly intentional. In fact, no one could, with a straight face, try to say that one was accidental.

It was a while ago but saying that no one would try what Cooke did on purpose is fooling themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEZm2kaIVE

Old
02-16-2013, 07:20 PM
mcnorth

I can't stand people taking their stand based on whether Cooke was trying to slice his achilles on purpose. Most are saying he stomped/kicked on purpose, that's it - don't assume people think he was trying to slice him with precision. Come on. It was a meathead lashing out in the heat of the moment. That's what the intent was, to hit EK with his foot.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
I can't stand people taking their stand based on whether Cooke was trying to slice his achilles on purpose. Most are saying he stomped/kicked on purpose, that's it - don't assume people think he was trying to slice him with precision. Come on. It was a meathead lashing out in the heat of the moment. That's what the intent was, to hit EK with his foot.
Meathead, luv it., I agree his foot was his only option to hit EK with., unfortunately the meathead was too stupid to realize that his foot was wearing a skate with a sharp blade on it

Old
02-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Swingit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coramoor View Post
how is 17 games not a serious action. It's the 3rd longest suspension in the post lockout era if i'm not mistaken
Yeah, but he's a repeat offender - and for the hit on Savard (where Savard was out for two months), he did NOT receive a suspension; but it made the league implement a new rule against those kind of hits, because of the outcry regarding Cooke not being suspended. Savard later played and suffered a second concussion which ended his career.

Cooke can go fk himself.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Yeah, but he's a repeat offender - and for the hit on Savard (where Savard was out for two months), he did NOT receive a suspension; but it made the league implement a new rule against those kind of hits, because of the outcry regarding Cooke not being suspended. Savard later played and suffered a second concussion which ended his career.

Cooke can go fk himself.
That was a perfectly legal hit at the time. They couldn't suspend him even if they wanted to.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
That was a perfectly legal hit at the time. They couldn't suspend him even if they wanted to.
Just like he nearly took off Karlsson's foot which was 'legal'. On top of all his technically illegal hits.

Last edited by SixthSens: 02-18-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Swingit

Quote:
Sure brah. "It's legal, lets hit people in the head!", Cooke hit Savard right on the head with his shoulder, open ice, blindside. Very, very ugly.

"[...] Cooke said he was not intending to hurt Savard; however, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli characterized the hit as "a very surgical hit to the head." Fellow Penguin teammate Bill Guerin also analyzed Cooke's hit on Savard to Pittsburgh reporters. "If a guy gets hurt like that with a shot to the head, there's got to be something," said Guerin, adding that he expected Cooke to be suspended. "I understand he (Cooke) is on my team but, hey, he's in a tough spot." In a ruling, which has received wide criticism, Cooke was not given a suspension for the hit on Savard."

Complete joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...4GSyQ-tQ#t=69s

Old
02-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Just like he nearly took off Karlsson's foot which was 'legal'. On top of all his technically illegal hits.
Why don't you guys get over it? Time to move on.

Everyone in the media (including Cooke hater Don Cherry) believes that it was an accident, but no, some people just don't want to believe it.

Last edited by SixthSens: 02-18-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Jasper

Quote:
Why don't you guys get over it? Time to move on.

Everyone in the media (including Cooke hater Don Cherry) believes that it was an accident, but no, some people just don't want to believe it.
Because I hated Matt Cooke before this happened. Cherry? Do you think Cherry would be saying the same thing if Cooke had done it to anyone on the Leafs?

Old
02-16-2013, 09:36 PM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Quote:

Melnyk can say what he wants.

Mario embarrassed his franchise when he lectured the league about head shots when he employed the top perpetrator and he was called out on it. So we don't need you come over here to hector us about our owner or anything else.

No one is saying that they can prove Cooke meant to slice Kalrsson's tendon, but it didn't look like an innocent play gone wrong either. Cooke has his reputation for a reason.But no matter what he does, Pens fans defend him as they did after the Savard hit, so I guess he;s your guy, doesn't mean we have to sing along.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Jasper

I just think it's funny when people come in here and try to tell Sens fans we're stupid for criticizing Cooke for what happened. Sure accidental. Let's wait until his next accident takes out Taylor Hall or Thomas Vanek. To me it's disgusting that this guy is still in the league.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:59 PM
jojacinto2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown0 View Post
I'm sorry that you don't like our owner having the balls to speak the truth. Cooke is the clown. No, sorry, that's an insult to clowns. Matt Cooke is ****ing scum. He ended Savard's career, he ended Donovan's career, he's tried to do that same to other players in the past, and if Karlsson could never play again, I doubt Cooke would care one bit. He's a vile, pathetic excuse for a human being, and deserves to be out on his ass. Anyone who signs him to a contract in the off season is scum too.

The way I see it, Melnyk should be praised for keeping the things he said appropriate for all audiences.

Melnyk is 100% right.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:02 PM
jojacinto2

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post
Cherry is full of it. He said no player would intentionally do that. LOL! Hey, does anyone want to forward the 'Cooke cheap shot' video on youtube? There's one clip in which Cooke is on his back and tries to strike Goalie Chris Osgood in the face (his mask/helmet combo is on but still...) with his skate. That one was blatantly intentional. In fact, no one could, with a straight face, try to say that one was accidental.

It was a while ago but saying that no one would try what Cooke did on purpose is fooling themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEZm2kaIVE
I was really disappointed Cherry thought it wasn't intentional. He's the only hockey person I respect. But Don,....you are wrong on this one pal.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:06 PM
jojacinto2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I just think it's funny when people come in here and try to tell Sens fans we're stupid for criticizing Cooke for what happened. Sure accidental. Let's wait until his next accident takes out Taylor Hall or Thomas Vanek. To me it's disgusting that this guy is still in the league.
I think most of the clowns coming here defending Cooke are Penguin fans.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
sensfan25

If the Senators make the playoffs do you guys think Karlsson could be back by May? Also what was Spezza's timetable for return.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Harbinger
Lose control.

There is no chance in hell Karlsson will be back this season at all.

Closed Thread