HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Game #16| Feb. 16, 2013|Flyers at Canadiens |7:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2013, 08:49 PM
  #501
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersphreak View Post
WTF REFS?! WHAT THE **** WAS THAT ****ING CAll? Penalty on the Habs AND they allow a goal? Seriously messed up, seriously ****ing messed up. I am so ****ing pissed
yeah they shouldnt of called that because you know the Flyers would of scored 2 goals in the last 30 seconds and won in OT

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:50 PM
  #502
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420N0Sc0p3 View Post
Is this serious?
More doom and gloom sarcasm really than anything else

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:50 PM
  #503
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,340
vCash: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
What is the protocol on giving the C back, like if Roo was like "I don't deserve this give it to Kimmo" what happens? Do the Flyers allow it?
If you are specifically asking can a player step down from his captaincy position, it has been done. That is how Keith Primeau replaced Eric Desjardins.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:51 PM
  #504
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,132
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
At least the Isles pounded the Debbies 5-1
exactly....


Everyone needs to chill. It was a back to back game. This is what is to be expected from back to back's.

Do you really think the islanders could ever beat the devils 5-1 in a regular game.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:51 PM
  #505
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
I'm not saying that Lavi has been doing great by any means. But personnel is a huge problem. Even before the season started I didn't have much hope of contending for the Cup with this team.
Neither did I but how can you say personell is the problem when they're only missing a high quality d-man from being a contender when fully healthy. No reason with this line-up after 16 games to have 6 wins. Lavy isn't getting the most out this line-up. Flyers have plenty of quality players with a hole or two but there is no reason to be this bad. I can't in good conscience put any of the blame for the teams poor play on the GM

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:51 PM
  #506
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgasby View Post
dint claim he was slashed..he said he got hit behind the leg.
on the CBC feed the announcers def. claimed Roo slashed his hands.

then announcer said it again on the replay, when it was easily shown that Roo never even came close to smacking his arms/hands.

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:52 PM
  #507
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
exactly....


Everyone needs to chill. It was a back to back game. This is what is to be expected from back to back's.

Do you really think the islanders could ever beat the devils 5-1 in a regular game.
Yes, back to backs, they had to cross the border, but it's not like last night's game was a gem.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:52 PM
  #508
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,312
vCash: 156
OK. I missed the game because I was stuffing my maw with meat.

Can someone give me a report?

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:52 PM
  #509
El Emperor
Registered User
 
El Emperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Marlton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420N0Sc0p3 View Post
You could also make a counter argument that the GM is at fault for building a roster that doesn't match the coach he decided to bring in. I am not saying one is right and one is wrong all I am saying is you can make an argument for both sides.
Yeah, good point, but I was going for the boss/employee argument.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:53 PM
  #510
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head
 
Krazed Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: State College, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
yeah they shouldnt of called that because you know the Flyers would of scored 2 goals in the last 30 seconds and won in OT
Yeah, I know there was no way we'd catch up with the way we were playing. But still this kinda stuff pisses me off.

Krazed Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:53 PM
  #511
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
exactly....


Everyone needs to chill. It was a back to back game. This is what is to be expected from back to back's.

Do you really think the islanders could ever beat the devils 5-1 in a regular game.
6-9-1.
no reason to be concerned.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:54 PM
  #512
Qyburn
Registered User
 
Qyburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
yeah they shouldnt of called that because you know the Flyers would of scored 2 goals in the last 30 seconds and won in OT
It's still a dumb rule.

What if it was a different situation, what if it was a questionable call? Frustrating times (for dumb fans like us) like these put a spotlight on how dumb rules like that were a poorly conceived idea.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:54 PM
  #513
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,132
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Yes, back to backs, they had to cross the border, but it's not like last night's game was a gem.
the devils own us and are an enigma, im happy we even scored 3 on them

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:55 PM
  #514
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
OK. I missed the game because I was stuffing my maw with meat.

Can someone give me a report?
outplayed.
outskated.
little effort.
no urgency.
they had NINE SOG after the first 40 minutes,

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:55 PM
  #515
El Emperor
Registered User
 
El Emperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Marlton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
6-9-1.
no reason to be concerned.
1/3 of the season complete with only 6 wins.. Presidents trophy here we come!

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:56 PM
  #516
Qyburn
Registered User
 
Qyburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Yes, back to backs, they had to cross the border, but it's not like last night's game was a gem.
Not a gem, but a much better than average effort for any team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
the devils own us and are an enigma, im happy we even scored 3 on them
There's no denying we failed to play a full game and pathetically lacked killer instinct, but we kicked their ass at hockey more than they kicked ours. If you disagree watch it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
couldn't go more than three minutes without handing the puck to the Devils. The Flyers only showed up for about 10 minutes last night
Momentum shifted back and forth a LOT, but you're still exaggerating by about 300%. At least. That's not surprising. Massive exaggeration is common when fans are in a panic.


Last edited by Qyburn: 02-16-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:56 PM
  #517
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
OK. I missed the game because I was stuffing my maw with meat.

Can someone give me a report?
Flyers were absent.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:56 PM
  #518
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
OK. I missed the game because I was stuffing my maw with meat.

Can someone give me a report?
just dont...

remain in the dark, you'll love the soothing inky blackness of not knowing..

if u need to know anything, its that Lavy is not long for this town..least not as coach

one of the worst efforts ive seen him/team put out in last few years.

i complete stinker from first puck drop to empty net goal (of course)

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:57 PM
  #519
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,132
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
6-9-1.
no reason to be concerned.
of course im concerned but im not going to *****nmoan when we play in the toughest division in the league, have the most back to backs in the division and are missing some key players. During a season in which none of our players have had any sort of training camp with one another.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:57 PM
  #520
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyburn View Post
It's still a dumb rule.

What if it was a different situation, what if it was a questionable call? Frustrating times (for dumb fans like us) like these put a spotlight on how dumb rules like that were a poorly conceived idea.
Voracek still interfered with Bourque on the play. Thats been a penalty for long time.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:58 PM
  #521
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head
 
Krazed Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: State College, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Voracek still interfered with Bourque on the play. Thats been a penalty for long time.
And was elbowed straight in the face

Krazed Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:59 PM
  #522
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyburn View Post
Not a gem, but a much better than average effort for any team.
They blew another lead and couldn't go more than three minutes without handing the puck to the Devils. The Flyers only showed up for about 10 minutes last night, and they didn't even bother showing tonight.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:59 PM
  #523
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,413
vCash: 500
It's the clear lack of quality play. Nobody can complete a pass, set up a pp, guys miss passes, mishandle passes, nobody can ****ing clear, guys are never in the right spot. No energy, no fire. That's what the problem is.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:00 PM
  #524
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersphreak View Post
And was elbowed straight in the face
Does it really matter? The team played an awful 60 minutes of hockey and you're complaining about an automatic goal that did nothing to determine the game.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:00 PM
  #525
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,683
vCash: 500
Yeah guys don't worry, back to back games, and were 6-9-1. It's not at all like every other team is in the same boat as us and all seem to be dealing with it. It's not like its been like this all season for everyone, it's totally excusable and legitimate to suck every game save for maybe 2. It's ok, they're back to back games and its a weird season. The fact that so many other teams are taking the bull by the horns and are prepared to play is irrelevant.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.