HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade? (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 08:49 PM
PayItForward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I just watched the Hotstove on the DVR.

If you are being honest, the segment was all over the board on ROR and it is hard to understand the full picture.

Friedman (who should have spoken more) said the Avs and Rangers talked about a deal in which the Avs would send one of their D with ROR to NYR for MDZ, but that Colorado wanted more in addition to MDZ for ROR and a defenseman.

I have serious doubts about this rumor because MDZ is represented by Newport and the Avs have long running bad blood with Newport and Meehan. I think that bad blood contributed to the current situation with ROR. Lacroix put a moratorium on dealing with Meehan and his group for years, they simply wouldn't deal with their clients.

Healy discussed that teams are mulling an offer sheet, but he admitted that Colorado would probably match any offer. He discussed that maybe teams will try to structure an offer in such a way that it has a poison pill (i.e., backloaded, large signing bonus). But given the Avs ample cap space, wealthy owners, and history, this seems like an extremely unlikely scenario.

Healy was talking as if it would have to be structured for compensation with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks, so it would be a significant offer.

PJ Stock then went on to say that he thinks ROR is really overrated, and Friedman responded that many GMs view him as a first line center.

Healy noted and Kevin Weekes concurred, that if the 2009 NHL draft was held today, Tavares would be the first overall pick and ROR would be second. I thought this was pretty over the top, but whatever.
I heard that too and I thought it was ridiculous TBH.

Old
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
Del Zotto is not close to being a top pairing defenseman right now.
lol, surely you jest.

Old
CobraAcesS

Quote:
I think if the Avs offered ROR and either Elliott or Barrie in addition to MDZ, I think you can understand why the Avs asked for more. It seemed more like Sather was trying to fleece the Avs and he became upset when the Avs countered.
Ok... The quote was actually "One of Colorado's depth defensmen" Not a young prospect or a young defender.

I wouldn't call Barrie/Elliott 'Depth defense' that's Wilson* (Hes injured), O'Brien, O'Byrne, Zannon, Hunwick.

Basically O'Reilly + Depth defense (Throw in) for MDZ + + is what they asked for.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Stop quoting that Kershaw fella... Anyone who was around the Nash threads should know better.
The Nash threads you say? You mean the one where I was right in that the Rangers wouldn't move MDZ/McDonagh/Kreider/Stepan/Staal for Nash, rather a package with Dubinsky as the center piece? Yeah I remember being around that.

Old
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Ok... The quote was actually "One of Colorado's depth defensmen" Not a young prospect or a young defender.

I wouldn't call Barrie/Elliott 'Depth defense' that's Wilson* (Hes injured), O'Brien, O'Byrne, Zannon, Hunwick.
I think that is probably a more realistic take. I was responding to the poster that suggested Barrie/Elliott was likely the player offered in addition to ROR.

Old
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
lol, surely you jest.
No. Del Zotto is a solid #3 as long as he has a good partner.

Oh, are you one of those Rangers fans who think they have four #1 defensemen? If so, never mind man, nothing's gonna change your mind.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Pi

vCash: 100

This is Jake Gardiner's rookie season in the NHL, and he's had MANY more opportunities like this that led to great scoring chances for the Leafs.

I don't see why the Leafs (if they do trade him for ROR) should add anything.

He'd be a perfect partner for EJ if he's as good defensively as the Avs say he is.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

Oh, are you one of those Rangers fans who think they have four #1 defensemen? If so, never mind man, nothing's gonna change your mind.
Nah he's an avs hater. Please stop quoting him in this thread.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Goulet17

Quote:

I think MDZ is actually underrated on the boards. But given the relationship between the Avs' management and Newport at the moment, I think it is highly unlikely that he was seriously discussed by the Avs.

MDZ is likely to have a difficult negotiation in only two years.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:54 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
What's the breakdown for offer sheets again? What would the Avs get if a team signed him for 5 million?
ROR signed for 5 million (it's either 1st and 3rd or 1st, 2nd and 3rd)

Old
CobraAcesS

So I'm curious fellow Avs fans, who would you want more? Yandle or MDZ?

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
I think if the Avs offered ROR and either Elliott or Barrie in addition to MDZ, I think you can understand why the Avs asked for more. It seemed more like Sather was trying to fleece the Avs and he became upset when the Avs countered.
This is what I suspect too.

Old
cgf

Quote:
That seems... like overrating. Over Duchene, Hedman, and OEL? I mean I'd put him on the ice over Duchene when the game's on the line right now, but I don't buy it long term.
With the way Matt has played on both ends of the ice, I'm not even sure I'd agree with that anymore.

Old
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Ah, my apologies.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

This is Jake Gardiner's rookie season in the NHL, and he's had MANY more opportunities like this that led to great scoring chances for the Leafs.

He'd be a perfect partner for EJ if he's as good defensively as the Avs say he is.
Without a discussion of value, I think the Avs are considering him. I have a sneaking suspicion they've been scouting Kulemin the last couple of games and want them both.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
With the way Matt has played on both ends of the ice, I'm not even sure I'd agree with that anymore.
Yeah, that's fair. I want to see it consistently from Dutchy though first.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:56 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

Old
02-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
MDZ for me but not straight up for ROR.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

No, stop generalizing.

Del Zotto doesn't need a solid defense partner. He anchored the Rangers 2nd pairing while Staal was out, playing with an abundance of misfit defenders like Woywitka, Eminger and Stralman. He'd be top pair on the majority of the teams in the leauge. He'd be top pair on the Avs for sure.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Without a discussion of value, I think the Avs are considering him. I have a sneaking suspicion they've been scouting Kulemin the last couple of games and want them both.
I think it is rather doubtful that the Avs are looking at Kulemin. I don't believe that Kulemin has much trade value at the moment.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

MDZ is being underated in here.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Avs hater?

Old
cgf

Quote:
Easily Yandle, he could be EJ's Staz, the prime aged vet who can take a lot of the pressure off of our young guys and help guide them to their potential. He'd be a great way to get EJ to play at his best consistently cause he's smart, reliable defensively, and creative offensively, he'd free EJ to get aggressive sometimes, while also being able to set up his heavy slapper so that it finally starts getting through to the goalie. I like MDZ, but Yandle's much better right now, and so I think would be much more beneficial to the development of the young dmen we have in the organization.

Old
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Why do we want Kulemin? So we can flip him to Pitt for something? I have no interest in a reclamation project who will bolt to Pitt first chance he gets.

I'd rather have Toronto's 1st, Gardiner + 1st I would think about.

Old
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
I think it is rather doubtful that the Avs are looking at Kulemin. I don't believe that Kulemin has much trade value at the moment.
Yeah, maybe not... I just can't figure out who else they'd be scouting. I hope to God it's not Kadri unless he gets to use one of the walkers they start two year olds on.

Closed Thread