HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread III: "Trade 40 goal scorer for picks= Cup contenders" edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Avs were dumb enough to give Shattenkirk in the Blues trade.
And might do the same with this Barrie kid. Heard whispers about him consistently for a while, but haven't seen much of him. Any good? Duncan Siemens? Apparently he's a Hamhuis type that's raised some alarms with off ice conduct.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
ROR is a better hockey player than Stepan. At least right now, we would all notice that big time if he were to make the jump over here.

They don't want a C in return so for those of you saying Steps I don't see that happening anyway, my guess is that ROR comes over so that Richards, Steps, ROR are our Centers which looks pretty damn good for a team hurting down the middle.

ROR + EJ For MDZ + Boyle + would be interesting potatoes. My only fear in trading MDZ is that he becomes the next Scott Niedermayer in a few years.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:53 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Like I said, I'd be pissed if DZ was traded for a Mike York type...
He's not a Mike York type. Mike York was a small waterbug. ROR isn't huge, but even with inflation there's a big difference between 6'0" 205 lbs (ROR) and 5'10" 185 lbs. (York - and if he was that big I'll eat my hat).

Old
02-16-2013, 09:54 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm not interested in paying his salary and giving up the talent it will take to acquire him... just not a good match, unless they want Richards in return (and thats not even because he's sucked this year, rather than getting out of the contract)
Due to the fact that he seems to not want to sign there, the price may be lower.

Like RB said, Goligoski got Neal + Niskanen. Both players were signed.

Johnson got Stewart + Shattenkirk.

MDZ for O'Reilly + _______

Old
02-16-2013, 09:56 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
ROR is a better hockey player than Stepan. At least right now, we would all notice that big time if he were to make the jump over here.

They don't want a C in return so for those of you saying Steps I don't see that happening anyway, my guess is that ROR comes over so that Richards, Steps, ROR are our Centers which looks pretty damn good for a team hurting down the middle.

ROR + EJ For MDZ + Boyle + would be interesting potatoes. My only fear in trading MDZ is that he becomes the next Scott Niedermayer in a few years.
I like Del Zotto, but I don't think he has top pairing potential at all. Top4, sure.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Due to the fact that he seems to not want to sign there, the price may be lower.

other teams will be in the mix though, so that will keep his value up. Though Del Zotto is a pretty big piece if they are willing.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

ROR for Del Z? Yeah that seems pretty counter productive. Rangers need to strengthen their D corps, not make it worse.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:57 PM
slipknottin

Quote:
Thats the question I have. Who else were they talking about.

What defenseman are they willing to trade off? Elliott? Johnson? Barrie?

Has to be a right handed shot. And someone who is capable offensively.

Old
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post

Torts has said they need a top 4 RH offensive D, and had a chance to coach EJ at the Olympics. If that can somehow work with Stralman, I am game, but the devils had a championship formula that fielded a contender for a long long time with Marty and a high end defense. Would that be coming back this way?

Last edited by Mikos87: 02-16-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
other teams will be in the mix though, so that will keep his value up. Though Del Zotto is a pretty big piece if they are willing.
Other teams I'm sure were in the mix for Neal as well. Puck movers are highly valued

Old
02-16-2013, 09:58 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:

Goodness. Like I said, I think the biggest thing this team needs is time, but if you can get that - and IF O'Reilly is willing to sign in NY for a reasonable contract - you have to think about that don't you? Especially if the + _______ is a promising young D...?

Old
02-16-2013, 09:58 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
ROR for Del Z? Yeah that seems pretty counter productive. Rangers need to strengthen their D corps, not make it worse.
Unless Torts is lacking in trust for MDZ and feels he needs another legit center.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Emptyvoid

Can anyone give a decent break down on ROR? Based on some of the things I read, he could be like a ryan callahan in the center position (in terms of effect and on ice intelligence). If that's the case, that's amazing.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:00 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Goodness. Like I said, I think the biggest thing this team needs is time, but if you can get that - and IF O'Reilly is willing to sign in NY for a reasonable contract - you have to think about that don't you? Especially if the + _______ is a promising young D...?
That would be my thought as well. If the deal isn't structured like that, I pass.

I liked:

MDZ + Boyle for O'Reilly + Johnson but Johnson apparently has a concussion.....

Old
slipknottin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Can anyone give a decent break down on ROR? Based on some of the things I read, he could be like a ryan callahan in the center position (in terms of effect and on ice intelligence). If that's the case, that's amazing.
Blocks shots, hits, led the league in takeaways last season. Plays against the opposing teams top line. Just turned 22 a week ago. Had a 55 point season at age 20.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
That would be my thought as well. If the deal isn't structured like that, I pass.

I liked:

This is awful for the Rangers.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:01 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Friedman reported the Rangers talked to the Avs this week. O'Reilly and a defenseman to the Rangers. DZ was the main player in the deal but the Avs kept adding players. The Rangers backed away. Healey reported the Avs want 2 roster players,top prospect and top pick. The Avs have targeted some teams in the O'Reilly talks. Goligoski went for Neal and Niskanen.
I wouldn't do O'Reilly for MDZ straight up.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:

I liked:

if you ask the Avs fans, they dont like any of their defensemen.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
He plays a similar game to Patrice Bergeron. Very good defensive player. High hockey IQ. Good hands. Strong on his skates.

Old
slipknottin

I still like DZ for Stefan Elliott and ROR.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
woah, not this I would disagree with entirely. O'Reilly is wayyy better than Boyle (though still overrated by many), and if we got a premiere D man back too? even though losing Del Zotto would hurt, the Rangers would win that trade

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
He plays a similar game to Patrice Bergeron. Very good defensive player. High hockey IQ. Good hands. Strong on his skates.
I am not getting the Bergeron comparison. Bergeron at the same age put up a 70+ pt season.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Really? EJ is playing top pairing in Colorado, big guy at 6'5. Another Minnesotan.

O'Reilly would be the teams best overall center.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:04 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
The comparable I have always felt was best was Patrice Bergeron. EDIT - In terms of STYLE.

Same draft as Kreider, turned 22 a week ago. Really has only had one season that he is trying to cash in on, but it was a good year.

Risk is that it was a fluke year or a product of his linemates. Upside is the kind of all-around guy that is really difficult to find, especially so young.

02-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
woah, not this I would disagree with entirely. O'Reilly is wayyy better than Boyle (though still overrated by many), and if we got a premiere D man back too? even though losing Del Zotto would hurt, the Rangers would win that trade
I don't think Johnson is a premier defenseman.

Closed Thread