HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Mark Bell Question

Old
07-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Rickety Cricket

vCash: 500
Mark Bell Question

Hello, I am a sharks fan that just got news of the trade. I dont know much about Bell, as I havent had the opprutunity to see many Hawks games. Can anyone tell me what type of player he is and what to expect?? Thanks.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan7 View Post
Hello, I am a sharks fan that just got news of the trade. I dont know much about Bell, as I havent had the opprutunity to see many Hawks games. Can anyone tell me what type of player he is and what to expect?? Thanks.
Pretty good two way player, but just floats around some nights. Hasn't been the same since a knee injury less than a year after he was drafted; he lost a lot of foot speed, making him a less-than-ideal center. He's a good second line winger.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:03 PM
who_me?

PROS: big slapshot, good fighter

CONS: slow skater, no puck-handling skills to be a 1st or 2nd line center, best as a winger, invisible on some nights

I want to see a Bell vs. Vandermeer fight

who_me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 11:53 PM
salty justice

Bell is better than you guys give him credit for. I have trouble faulting his inconsitencies. He is a pretty good player that was asked to basically be the veteran leader of a ****** team when he was very young. He took nights off with all the lack of direction this team had/has.

Playing with Thornton and Cheechoo should make it easy to pencil him in for atleast 60 points. If he centers your 2nd line I think you can be happy with some slightly above average 2nd line center performance.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:50 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

We already have Marleau to center our 2nd line. We don't need Bell to play C, just to be a LW on the 1st line.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 03:40 AM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan View Post
We already have Marleau to center our 2nd line. We don't need Bell to play C, just to be a LW on the 1st line.
I think hes a much better left wing than a center. You wil be more than happy with him. Big and tough and has a wicked wrist shot. He is going to thrive in San Jose as he will finally get paired with a playmamking center. I like Havlat but I am reallyupset we traded Bell. You got yourselves one helluva player, Im looking forward to watching Bell on a line with Thornton and Cheecho. How would you like to have to go against that line in a playoff series?

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 05:53 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Solid defensively, surprisingly good slapshot, and is hard to knock off the puck. For someone as tough as he is, he doesn't throw very many hits. Not very quick, can't handle the puck, and his fighting is off/on. He looked really good against Gratton and solid against Phaneuf, but he did get his *** kicked by Tootoo twice. I'd think Vandermeer would demolish Bell in a fight.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Hawkhead

Yah Vandermeer would

bell has lost alot of fighting respect from me...

he lost alot of easy ones

Good 3rd line center, doesnt hit much and when he does he glides into hits. Great shot, lacks accuracy however. Not a stellar passer, probably average, good mean streak. good size

Hawkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 09:51 PM
pandabear*

remember the time todd simpson pummelled tootoo?

pandabear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 10:28 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Yes I do. That was one of my favorite moments from last year. Tootoo wanted nothing to do with Simpson, so he forced the issue. God it was great seeing him get what he had coming.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote