HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade? (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
It's amazing how everyone acts entitled to getting O'Reilly from us for less than full value.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:00 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Easily Yandle, he could be EJ's Staz, the prime aged vet who can take a lot of the pressure off of our young guys and help guide them to their potential. He'd be a great way to get EJ to play at his best consistently cause he's smart, reliable defensively, and creative offensively, he'd free EJ to get aggressive sometimes, while also being able to set up his heavy slapper so that it finally starts getting through to the goalie. I like MDZ, but Yandle's much better right now, and so I think would be much more beneficial to the development of the young dmen we have in the organization.
I know how you feel about Yandle lol (And you know what I think as well).

Old
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

This is Jake Gardiner's rookie season in the NHL, and he's had MANY more opportunities like this that led to great scoring chances for the Leafs.

I don't see why the Leafs (if they do trade him for ROR) should add anything.

He'd be a perfect partner for EJ if he's as good defensively as the Avs say he is.
He would be and would be a great piece for the Avalanche to add to their roster.

That said, when you have what I'm assuming to be at least five or so teams interested in Ryan O'Reilly, it could end up being a bidding war.

Old
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Yeah, that's fair. I want to see it consistently from Dutchy though first.
Matt had a strong two-way rookie year two, I get wanting to see it more, but if he keeps it up there's no reason to think that last season was just a fluke **** season.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Goulet17

Why would Kershaw be an Avs' hater? Why would a Ranger fan have strong feelings for or against the Avs?

In any event, I sure hope that a team puts forward an offer sheet that ROR would sign. At least it could bring a resolution to this thing one way or the other. I'm already tired of talking about it, and it has only been a few days. I think this matter doesn't get resolved until the draft otherwise.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:01 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
MDZ for me but not straight up for ROR.
Huh? MDZ wishes he had the skillset Yandle has. They're not in the same tier of player. If you can get Yandle for ROR, you take it and run.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Matt had a strong two-way rookie year two, I get wanting to see it more, but if he keeps it up there's no reason to think that last season was just a fluke **** season.
I'm convinced that last season was a fluke, but in my eyes ROR was more valuable in a pinch than Duchene during his 67 point season. ROR just doesn't make mistakes.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:03 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Why would Kershaw be an Avs' hater? Why would a Ranger fan have strong feelings for or against the Avs?

In any event, I sure hope that a team puts forward an offer sheet that ROR would sign. At least it could bring a resolution to this thing one way or the other. I'm already tired of talking about it, and it has only been a few days.
Obviously because matching the Sakic offer sheet preluded a very dark period in NY hockey.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
It's amazing how everyone acts entitled to getting O'Reilly from us for less than full value.
Why would he get full value, guy is holding out on a contract, I think Mdz for O'reilly straight across is something the Avs should jump on. And Mdz stats over last couple os seasons sure points to a top pairing dman to me.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:04 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I know how you feel about Yandle lol (And you know what I think as well).
In a perfect world I'd prefer to keep all 3 of our centers and see what FA and our prospect can do for our defensive core, but if ROR must be traded and we could get one of those two I'd love for it to be Yandle.

Quote:
I'm convinced that last season was a fluke, but in my eyes ROR was more valuable in a pinch than Duchene during his 67 point season. ROR just doesn't make mistakes.
True, and he can make things happen himself, but Matt has earned our trust defensively and has the ability to just make magic happen to win games for us in a way ROR can't.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Why would he get full value, guy is holding out on a contract, I think Mdz for O'reilly straight across is something the Avs should jump on. And Mdz stats over last couple os seasons sure points to a top pairing dman to me.
Because we have no need to move him right now. His value can hardly go down waiting, since it will only add a year to his RFA status if he sits out the whole season.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:06 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
In a perfect world I'd prefer to keep all 3 of our centers and see what FA and our prospect can do for our defensive core, but if ROR must be traded and we could get one of those two I'd love for it to be Yandle.
Me too, Phoenix is probably going to be in our Division next year though. Which makes the chances a little smaller

Old
02-16-2013, 09:11 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Huh? MDZ wishes he had the skillset Yandle has. They're not in the same tier of player. If you can get Yandle for ROR, you take it and run.
There is little doubt that Yandle is the better player, but if you look at what Yandle was when he was Del Zotto's age, it changes the debate a bit. Del Zotto's 21/22 year old season was quite a bit better than Yandle's. that doesn't mean Del Zotto will be as good as Yandle is now when he's 26/27, but it's something to think about.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Me too, Phoenix is probably going to be in our Division next year though. Which makes the chances a little smaller
Is Phoenix going to be in Phoenix next year?

Old
02-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Without a discussion of value, I think the Avs are considering him. I have a sneaking suspicion they've been scouting Kulemin the last couple of games and want them both.
If the Leafs were smart they'd hold onto Kulemin. The teams best defensive forward. He's basically our version of O'reilly on the wing.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:13 PM
cgf

Quote:
Is Phoenix going to be in Phoenix next year?
Would be kinda perfect if we traded ROR for Yandle and then the Yotes moved out west to Quebec.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Please come to Ottawa... we need some actual NHL Talent in our lineup!

Old
02-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Because we have no need to move him right now. His value can hardly go down waiting, since it will only add a year to his RFA status if he sits out the whole season.
I agree with this but some teams would still be a little cautious about attitude, but my point is Mdz is definately fair value he is point producing dman who hits blocks shot and by judging his +- last couple of seasons and currently leading rangers in this stat as well for dmen this year can play defence as well.Really can't see anyone bettering a offer like that, O'reilly had a great season last year but that could be contributed to Landeskog as well.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
If the Leafs were smart they'd hold onto Kulemin. The teams best defensive forward. He's basically our version of O'reilly on the wing.
His defense is why I suspect they'd be after him. If ROR is leaving, we need to find a shutdown line and fast. Put him on Mitchell's wing and we could have something that isn't an offensive black hole.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:17 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
There is little doubt that Yandle is the better player, but if you look at what Yandle was when he was Del Zotto's age, it changes the debate a bit. Del Zotto's 21/22 year old season was quite a bit better than Yandle's. that doesn't mean Del Zotto will be as good as Yandle is now when he's 26/27, but it's something to think about.
I can just see MDZ being a trainwreck for the Avs. He benefits quite a bit from playing in a structured system and with some of the best shutdown defenders in the game. I'd hope for the Avs' sake they find a better asset as the central piece.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:17 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
I agree with this but some teams would still be a little cautious about attitude, but my point is Mdz is definately fair value he is point producing dman who hits blocks shot and by judging his +- last couple of seasons and currently leading rangers in this stat as well for dmen this year can play defence as well.Really can't see anyone bettering a offer like that, O'reilly had a great season last year but that could be contributed to Landeskog as well.
MDZ is the 4th best defenseman defensively on his team. I think if you moved him to a blue line as thin as COL's, he'd get exposed a lot more.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Goulet17

adater ‏@adater

Please stop with the Toronto rumors. Avs not interested in guys like Bozak

adater ‏@adater

Avs do not want another center for O'Reilly. Want an offensive D-man or proven forward/plus pick

Old
02-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
adater ‏@adater

Please stop with the Toronto rumors. Avs not interested in guys like Bozak

adater ‏@adater

Avs do not want another center for O'Reilly. Want an offensive D-man or proven forward/plus pick
Patrick Wiercioch or Mika Zibanejad + a pick?

Old
02-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
His defense is why I suspect they'd be after him. If ROR is leaving, we need to find a shutdown line and fast. Put him on Mitchell's wing and we could have something that isn't an offensive black hole.
Kulemin has some serious offensive upside as well. He hasn't been great the past 90ish games but that 25/25 production is still there. I consider him a core guy because of his defense alone but I know many Leafs fans don't see him(as a core player). Gardiner and Kulemin would be an over-payment IMO. This isn't a sell job either, I'd hate to see him get dealt.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
MDZ is the 4th best defenseman defensively on his team. I think if you moved him to a blue line as thin as COL's, he'd get exposed a lot more.
Well if you look at the Rangers dmen is that really a bad thing ?

Closed Thread