HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Yogan has really improved since the start of the season. He reminds me of Dale Weise a little bit, but he's significantly faster. He doesn't fight like Weise, but it's not as if Weise won any fights. Weise is now a 4th liner, so if you take a similar player and add speed, that's a solid bottom-6 guy. Yogan is a least ok at everything: size, speed, shot, working the boards, hustling. Good player, underrated on this forum because he started the season in the ECHL, which seems to have been a move to get him to play a lot, rather than as a sign that he can't handle AHL hockey.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller?

Palm is on the first line with Noob and Mash. He fits on the line, but I'd say the other two are better players. Let's see how he adjusts to this team. Mash wasn't looking good at first either, but now looks very comfortable. I hope Palm can improve as the games go along. He's not bad, just not good.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

"Even renewed the hartfordwoldpack.com domain name"

It's like 'Whoa! They are even willing to spend $8 a year. Who can afford that? Cablevision had to sell off assets to do this.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

SECOND PERIOD

Yogan is all over the ice. Klassen is again looking good on defense. The idea that he is slow is badly outdated.

Vernace took a hit, and Haley jumped in to beat up the attacker.

McIlrath with a beautiful big hit. Kurtz jumped in to start a fight. The Undertaker landed all the punches, but was spun to the ground at the end.

Yogi is f'ing great. All over the ice and seems so confident and calm with the puck. He looks like someone who spent part of this year in the NHL, rather than ECHL. I really like him with Jean because both have size and speed.

Thomas draws a penalty with his hard work.

Yogi continued his good play until he took a dumb hooking penalty.

END OF TWO

Last edited by Beacon: 02-16-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 09:43 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post

It's like 'Whoa! They are even willing to spend $8 a year. Who can afford that? Cablevision had to sell off assets to do this.
I laughed out loud.

Please. The Garden has so much dough, they pay Danica Patrick to do the GoDaddy renewal in person. Just 'cause.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:44 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
SECOND PERIOD

Yogan is all over the ice. Klassen is again looking good on defense. The idea that he is slow is badly.outdated.
Loved the Yogan pick at the time and really liked him at TC two years ago. Glad to hear the good reports.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:45 PM
SnowblindNYR

Any info on guys that won't be fringe 4th liners at best on the Rangers? Like Thomas (he may not make the NHL but actually he actually has higher upside than that)?

Old
02-16-2013, 09:46 PM
bmoak

Kreider not dressed tonight.

Just saw that he was called back.

Last edited by bmoak: 02-16-2013 at 09:47 PM. Reason: oops
Old
02-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Haha. Whale win in overtime during three on three hockey. That was fun. They looked good again. Talbot just rock solid in net.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
As far as the rebranding goes...there's absolutely no reason for Global Spectrum or MSG to negotiate any kind of licensing agreement with Baldwin's bankrupt WSE. Leave them with their lawsuits and forgot this muddy era. That's why I think there's a good chance for Connecticut Rangers or the return of the Hartford Wolf Pack.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:51 PM
mike14

Quote:
Palm is on the first line with Noob and Mash. He fits on the line, but I'd say the other two are better players. Let's see how he adjusts to this team. Mash wasn't looking good at first either, but now looks very comfortable. I hope Palm can improve as the games go along. He's not bad, just not good.
Cheers.

Also, thanks for the updates during games

Old
02-16-2013, 09:51 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Loved the Yogan pick at the time and really liked him at TC two years ago. Glad to hear the good reports.
The skills are there, the issue is going to be whether he can go from getting 20+ minutes a night to 8 and be effective in those minutes. Good hands for a guy his size. I thought he compared to Laich in his draft year but he missed a year with an injury.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:54 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:

Haha.

02-16-2013, 10:03 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The skills are there, the issue is going to be whether he can go from getting 20+ minutes a night to 8 and be effective in those minutes. Good hands for a guy his size. I thought he compared to Laich in his draft year but he missed a year with an injury.
Missing a year at that age can really set a prospect back - it can take them years to catch up. (And some never recover.)

I completely see the Laich comparison. That would be huge.

This is exactly the sort of 4th round pick I like.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

THIRD PERIOD

McIlrath skating real well. Tremendous skater given his age and size.

Dammit another penalty on Yogi, this one for interference. He is working very hard, but taking things too far. But it's rookie stuff.

McIlrath looks really confident with the puck. His overall game made huge strides in just weeks. All the McIlrath haters need to shut up because they dont know what they are talking about.

Talbot is terrific positionally, definitely NHL quality. Needs to be just a tiny bit faster and to stop falling asleep sometimes, which results in wtf goals.

Eminger looks like an NHLer who is down there just for practice. Oh wait...

The Norfolk goalie is really good, we couldve scored 3-4 more goals.

As usual, we are taking a bunch of penalties late in the game. Could it be because Kenny G isnt keeping the team in proper shape?

When Thomas hits, and he does, he finishes his checks hard. Drives through the opponent, unlike Boyle who barely shoves them.

END OF REGULAION

OVERTIME

Segal scored on his own rebound on 3-on-3.

Last edited by Beacon: 02-16-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Zil

I see Thomas had six shots on goal tonight. Did he have a really strong game?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
THIRD PERIOD

McIlrath skating real well. Tremendous skater given his age and size.

Dammit another penalty on Yogi, this one for interference. He is working very hard, but taking things too far. But it's rookie stuff.

McIlrath looks really confident with the puck. His overall game made huge strides in just weeks. All the McIlrath haters need to shut up because they dont know what they are talking about.

Talbot is terrific positionally, definitely NHL quality. Needs to be just a tiny bit faster and to stop falling asleep sometimes, which results in wtf goals.

Pyett used his speed to create a partial breakaway and a penalty.
Could you elaborate on this, Beacon? I am hoping beyond hope that McIlrath could develop into a solid top 4 defenseman in order to take the sting of tarasenko away.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Talbot's starts are now 2.52 and .919.

When he has a decent defensive effort in front of him, Talbot is great. Shouldve been an All Star this year, butt Whale sucked.

He is the #2 star of the game (Segal #1 because of his OT goal.)

Old
02-16-2013, 11:08 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Unsure if it has been posted.

http://snyrangersblog.com/ct-whale/b...g-to-hartford/

Return of the Wolf Pack.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Could you elaborate on this, Beacon? I am hoping beyond hope that McIlrath could develop into a solid top 4 defenseman in order to take the sting of tarasenko away.

He can outskate defensemen like a small guy normally would. He takes the puck and rushes it around them, making them look stupid that a guy 30 pounds heavier than them is outskating them. He's developing into a good skater with and without the puck, on offense and on defense. He's a better skater than, say, Sauer. There are times when he's rushing the puck and I think I'm watching Del Zotto, who's an offense-first guy. He's not all-offense, he's predominantly defense, but when he sees open ice, he can really rush the puck.

He knows when to stay back and when to rush. He no longer takes himself out of position to land a hit. He's very smart. Even his no-look passes while fighting for the puck along the boards go where they should.

Tonight he was really good. If he plays like this every night, he'll be in the NHL before the trading deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I see Thomas had six shots on goal tonight. Did he have a really strong game?
Not as strong as his recent games, but he kept using his speed, hustling and shooting, which makes him an effective player. Needs to stop going into the corners. Who told him he's a grinder? He's strong for his size, but he has arguably the hardest shot in our whole system, and needs to get himself open around the hash marks.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
He can outskate defensemen like a small guy normally would. He takes the puck and rushes it around them, making them look stupid that a guy 30 pounds heavier than them is outskating them. He's developing into a good skater with and without the puck, on offense and on defense. He's a better skater than, say, Sauer. There are times when he's rushing the puck and I think I'm watching Del Zotto, who's an offense-first guy. He's not all-offense, he's predominantly defense, but when he sees open ice, he can really rush the puck.

He knows when to stay back and when to rush.

He no longer takes himself out of position to land a hit.

He's very smart. Even his no-look passes while fighting for the puck along the boards go where they should.

Tonight he was really good. If he plays like this every night, he'll be in the NHL before the trading deadline.
That's fantastic. Hopefully he can consistently do this and this isn't just a stretch of great play.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Pizza

Thanks for all the info Beacon.

Good to hear about:

Yogan
Thomas
..and of course McIlrath.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Pizza

Quote:

He knows when to stay back and when to rush. He no longer takes himself out of position to land a hit. He's very smart. Even his no-look passes while fighting for the puck along the boards go where they should.

Not as strong as his recent games, but he kept using his speed, hustling and shooting, which makes him an effective player. Needs to stop going into the corners. Who told him he's a grinder? He's strong for his size, but he has arguably the hardest shot in our whole system, and needs to get himself open around the hash marks.
I wish there was some video of this stuff.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:05 AM
NYR Viper

McIlrath has good skating skills and the kid works his butt off. Looking forward to seeing him in the NHL. Also nice to hear he doesn't have to fight every game like he had been with the additions made.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Emptyvoid

Beacon, how has McIlrath shot and passing been recently? I'm curious what you think his offensive potential is.

Closed Thread