HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Just how good exactly is Gallagher going to be?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Just how good exactly is Gallagher going to be?

Holy crap he is by far the revelation of the season. At 20 years old he is now playing like a top 6 player at the NHL level and only looking better and better. How good is this kid going to be? To think that we drafted him in the 5th round 2 years ago is mind-boggling. One day he and Galchenyuk will make a killer 1st line in the NHL.

Timmins

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:06 PM
NewHabsEra*

He already has exceeded all my expectations.. His progression is amazing..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Sure fire top six 30 goal guy IMO

PricerStopDaPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Nedved

he's injury prone..

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Lshap

I love this kid, but let's allow him to find his water-level before overlaying expectations onto him.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Beerbeerhockey

Brendan Gallagher and Nail Yakupov have the same amount of points both have 5 goals and 3 assists, in the same amount of games.

Not too shabby for a 5th round pick.

Beerbeerhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Honestly, I'm not paying attention to this shortened season. It's impressive but a lot of stats are skewed.

I dunno where he'll be but he's a sure fire top 9 player. Perhaps a legit top 6 forward who plays on 2nd line but I'm reluctant to project so soon.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:20 PM
habtastic

Very

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Lebowski

His goal tonight was a display of incredible hockey smarts, hands and a very quick release. Add to that his tenacity and we've found ourselves a gem.

I think he'll end up as an improved version of Gionta. Someone able to give you 30 goals a year and have an agitator role as well.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:22 PM
TennisMenace

If he can stay healthy, very good.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Aceekay

I remember when people said he would never make the NHL because he was too soft and he couldn't be compared to gionta because he isn't as fast or have as good a shot.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Impossible Glory

I still remember how much Gaston Therrien crapped on Timmins for picking "a small forward that nobody knows about from across the country" instead of "hometown product with as much goal as Gallagher in the Q in Jonathan Brunelle". What a joke.

I'm still unsure about Gally's potential. Too soon to tell exactly what he'll become IMO. He could be anything from a 15 goal scorer with agitating abilities on a 3rd line to a complementary 1st liner that can pot about 30-35 goals a year.

Impossible Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

His ability to find the open spots will always makes him a dangerous scorer. But his inability to protect himself adequately will make him dangerous to his own health...and I'm not ONLY saying this 'cause he got injured. He needs to realize that in this league, they won't give you any chance and they are faster at getting you if needed.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
I still remember how much Gaston Therrien crapped on Timmins for picking "a small forward that nobody knows about from across the country" instead of "hometown product with as much goal as Gallagher in the Q in Jonathan Brunelle". What a joke.

I'm still unsure about Gally's potential. Too soon to tell exactly what he'll become IMO. He could be anything from a 15 goal scorer with agitating abilities on a 3rd line to a complementary 1st liner that can pot about 30-35 goals a year.
Problem is that NOBODY has the nerve to remind those guys of their stupidity. Well maybe the "Sportnographe" used to do it before....I mean, who don't remember the famous Michel Bergeron quotes when one day he says something and not that long after that says the total opposite. Also happened to Réjean Tremblay not that long ago. And there's the Michel Villeneuve's quote about how Pacioretty will never score in this league and will only be a 3rd liner....or his quote about how Ovechkin is a MUCH better player than Crosby, much more valuable and that if he would be starting a team, he'd take Ovechkin ahead of Crosby any day of the week....and so on.

Problem is that all those things are listened by people and they believe it at the moment and it has the power to change their opinions. Yet, they never look back....and it's a shame 'cause they'd stop taking for granted what some of these clowns are saying....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Bob Cole

Hopefully he becomes our Brad Marchand.

Timmins

Bob Cole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:44 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I'm shocked at how well he's done. The goals he's scored have been class too. I didn't even think he'd be with the Habs this year let alone doing this good. I just hope hecan stay healthy.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Problem is that NOBODY has the nerve to remind those guys of their stupidity. Well maybe the "Sportnographe" used to do it before....I mean, who don't remember the famous Michel Bergeron quotes when one day he says something and not that long after that says the total opposite. Also happened to Réjean Tremblay not that long ago. And there's the Michel Villeneuve's quote about how Pacioretty will never score in this league and will only be a 3rd liner....or his quote about how Ovechkin is a MUCH better player than Crosby, much more valuable and that if he would be starting a team, he'd take Ovechkin ahead of Crosby any day of the week....and so on.

Problem is that all those things are listened by people and they believe it at the moment and it has the power to change their opinions. Yet, they never look back....and it's a shame 'cause they'd stop taking for granted what some of these clowns are saying....
Exactly, it's a real joke.

The majority of the information about players and especially prospect I find important and kind of "take note of" is taken here, on this board. Some very good points, facts and opinion being brought here aren't even discussed on TV. I mean, how can people that follow the NHL for fun like the majority of the people here be more knowledgeable than guys who are getting PAID to be informed on the subject? It's kind of scary how the average fan is misinformed by following all NHL news only on TV.

Impossible Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:53 PM
ClasslessGuy

But he's small?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

What an awesome player, nose for the net and a big time shot. Arguably he could have started the year last year when he was great in camp

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Dekar

Gallagher's game translates beautifully to the NHL because he's gritty, fast, has a good shot, knows how to use the boards well, and knows how to get open. That's a goal scorer in many ways right there. A kid who puts that much effort into every shift is exactly the kind of player you want on your team. Unfortunately it means his career might not be as long as many, or his peak will hit sooner and begin to fade sooner than most. I hope he has the longevity that Gionta and Marty StL had for guys their size.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Hugo Sham

gallagher's actually not as small as i thought. he's extremely quick and durable...with a great release. he's going to be a top 6 -25-30 goal scorer

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:12 PM
labbyhabs92

vCash: 300
Anyone know more on his injury forcing him out for the rest of the game tonight against the flyers?

labbyhabs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Mrb1p

For the record, I love Gally and I'm not knocking on him but I don't think he's going to be like Marchand, Gally is way more offensive and I don't think he will be on the defensive level that Marchand is.

But with that said.... Imagine if this guys was 6'-6'1 damn would it look good
He would most probably be our best forward. Damn I love Gally

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:19 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
But he's small?
No excuses.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's good and has the feisty element to his game you love to have on your team, hate on the opposing team, but give him time to be consistent before you label him as a "sure" thing. Montreal fans (along with most of HFBoards in general) have long had the reputation of putting young players on a pedestal and turning on them when they don't repeat their rookie /breakout season performances.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote