HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 05:03 PM
scott99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Kabanov will be a 25+ goal scorer at the AHL level next year. In two years, you'll see him in Brooklyn.

It would be nice to see KK get even ONE goal, let alone 25+. I'm assuming KK gets 25+ next year, and then skates next to his countryman Petrov in 2 years ? We've heard this all before Bonzo, I'd be shocked if KK ever scores 25 goals combined for his whole AHL career. Lets face it, the 2 Kirills are a pipe dream, ain't never gonna happen. KK's offensive prowess makes Filatov look like Wayne Gretzky. Gimme a break. Neither Kirill has dominated in ANY league.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Hipster Doofus

Not sure what games youve watched but in my viewings he showed great footwork and and was able tocut into gaps well.

Im gonna take what you say with a grain of salt on this because its just plain hyperbolic.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Huge right hand by Riley here

Old
02-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
It would be nice to see KK get even ONE goal, let alone 25+. I'm assuming KK gets 25+ next year, and then skates next to his countryman Petrov in 2 years ? We've heard this all before Bonzo, I'd be shocked if KK ever scores 25 goals combined for his whole AHL career. Lets face it, the 2 Kirills are a pipe dream, ain't never gonna happen. KK's offensive prowess makes Filatov look like Wayne Gretzky. Gimme a break. Neither Kirill has dominated in ANY league.
Dude did Kabanov steal your girlfriend? So much hate for the guy.. I think we have a solid prospect in him and there is still plenty of time this season in he AHL for him to make a lil noise. I'll give him a full AHL year before I toss the words bust and overrated. Everyone here was writing him off back in Montcon for his behavior, he answered the call in the QMHL and now is in the AHL, started off solid 3 games in and had a serious injury. It's not his fault his hand got sliced

Old
02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
Huge right hand by Riley here

Wow, that was a big shot.

Gallant is such a warrior. He's like Rudy level in terms of heart.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:14 AM
InformTheMasses

I didn't watch tonight's game vs Providence but here are the highlights. Not many as BPort lost 7-3 (scoring two goals late after Providence took a 7-1 lead) Call-up Goalie Kevin Reiter saw action as Nilsson is still (sick/injured?) and Poulin go lit up for 5 goals on 17 shots. Donovans goal tied the game at 1, and then it looks like it was all Bruins from there....

Donovan Goal (Nelson, Halmo):

Backman Goal (Nelson, Wishart) (This looked like Nelsons goal from this camera angle, and no replays tonight, but credit given to a Backman deflection):

Brandon DeFazio Short Handed Goal (Campbell Assist):

I didn't watch the game so it's not fair for me to say, BUT Nino was held off the scoreboard and didn't register a shot. Is it safe to assume Garth Snow didn't attend this particular game tonight?

Old
02-16-2013, 02:17 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I didn't watch tonight's game vs Providence but here are the highlights. Not many as BPort lost 7-3 (scoring two goals late after Providence took a 7-1 lead) Call-up Goalie Kevin Reiter saw action as Nilsson is still (sick/injured?) and Poulin go lit up for 5 goals on 17 shots. Donovans goal tied the game at 1, and then it looks like it was all Bruins from there....

Donovan Goal (Nelson, Halmo):

Backman Goal (Nelson, Wishart) (This looked like Nelsons goal from this camera angle, and no replays tonight, but credit given to a Backman deflection):

Brandon DeFazio Short Handed Goal (Campbell Assist):

I didn't watch the game so it's not fair for me to say, BUT Nino was held off the scoreboard and didn't register a shot. Is it safe to assume Garth Snow didn't attend this particular game tonight?

That's the ticket: get Snow to attend every Sound Tiger game left in their season

Old
02-16-2013, 08:49 AM
scott99

Seems like it doesn't matter who they put with Brock Nelson, he produces. They put Halmo and Backman with him, and Nelson still gets 2 assists (or 1 goal and 1 assist). Maybe Nelson is a big reason Niño was scoring points. I noticed when Nelson went down with the injury, Nino's production went way down. Niño taken off of Nelson's line, and he gets shut out. Maybe, Nelson is the best player at Bridgeport.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:51 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Seems like it doesn't matter who they put with Brock Nelson, he produces. They put Halmo and Backman with him, and Nelson still gets 2 assists (or 1 goal and 1 assist). Maybe Nelson is a big reason Niño was scoring points. I noticed when Nelson went down with the injury, Nino's production went way down. Niño taken off of Nelson's line, and he gets shut out. Maybe, Nelson is the best player at Bridgeport.
The coaches were giving Nelson early season props in the media and playing him in all situations.

A argument could be made, that he's Bridgeport's best all round player

Old
02-16-2013, 10:14 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The coaches were giving Nelson early season props in the media and playing him in all situations.

A argument could be made, that he's Bridgeport's best all round player

As far as COMPLETE Players go Nelson and Sundstrom are definitely 1-2. This team misses Sundstrom pretty bad. Hope he comes back soon.

Donovan is probably third, his defense has come a long way and is no longer just an offensive wiz, he's a complete defenceman now (I'm leaving off de Haan because he has essentially missed the season).

Old
02-16-2013, 10:15 PM
InformTheMasses

Bridgeport drops another one to the B's. 5-3. Here are your 3 goals.

DeFazio from Combs:

Nino from Nelson and Landry:

Backman from Donovan:

Old
02-17-2013, 06:47 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
As far as COMPLETE Players go Nelson and Sundstrom are definitely 1-2. This team misses Sundstrom pretty bad. Hope he comes back soon.

Donovan is probably third, his defense has come a long way and is no longer just an offensive wiz, he's a complete defenceman now (I'm leaving off de Haan because he has essentially missed the season).
Thanks for the updates. It's great to read Donovan's game is making strides.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:56 AM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Bridgeport drops another one to the B's. 5-3. Here are your 3 goals.

Nino from Nelson and Landry:
Nino has an absolute wicked release. I really see the type of player that will flourish with Tavares.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:20 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
Nino has an absolute wicked release. I really see the type of player that will flourish with Tavares.
In all honesty, any good player will flourish with Tavares. I'd like to send Nino a tape of James Neal so he can study up.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:02 PM
redbull
game on

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
In all honesty, any good player will flourish with Tavares. I'd like to send Nino a tape of James Neal so he can study up.
Yup. Which is why Boyes will have PAP-like numbers this year.

If you let JT play his game and work hard, play a simple game around him, the points are inevitable. Just ask Joel Vermin and Byron Ritchie.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:18 PM
kirant
Kiprusoffarian

Quote:
I'd love to see a new coach and GM test out Tavares and Nino. Even though he isn't 1st line calibre yet, I think Tavares' ability to make everyone and anyone around him better and Nino's ability to finish chances handed to him would make a formidable combination if ever paired together.

Any chance Nelson would jump over to the wing?

Old
02-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Snapshotgoal

Yes, I think Nelson could be bumped to wing. I feel bad for Grabner he has nobody to work with... All his speed he's doing everything by himself.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:47 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
I'd love to see a new coach and GM test out Tavares and Nino. Even though he isn't 1st line calibre yet, I think Tavares' ability to make everyone and anyone around him better and Nino's ability to finish chances handed to him would make a formidable combination if ever paired together.

Any chance Nelson would jump over to the wing?
The funny thing about Nino is that I look at him playing a similar game to Moulson's if he were paired with JT. Moulson is one hell of a finisher, but Nino projects to bring a lot more to the table in terms of overall play. Nino's quick release and propensity to crash the net would be well utilized by Johnny and Nino's puck possession would be a big help to the cowlick.

I think Nelson would do well on the wing, but I'd like to see him kept at center unless absolutely necessary. I do think that he is more likely to be used on the wing before Strome is at the NHL level. It's hard to find big centers like him around the league, he's more of an asset in that regards.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:30 PM
InformTheMasses

Nelson was predominantly a LW in College so him moving to the wing is not a stretch.

With Tavares and Nielsen in the middle and not going anywhere for a while, and not moving to a wing position it would appear that there would only be room in the middle for 1 of Nelson or Strome. Nelson would be the obvious choice since Strome has really never played wing before. But the Organization need for talent on the right side with a right handed shot (seemingly all Islander Forwards shoot Left Handed and are natural C/LW) combined with Tavares and Strome's friendship could possibly change things.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:35 PM
InformTheMasses

Bridgeport goes 0 for 3 on the weekend losing to Norfolk in OT. WHERE ARE YOU JOHAN?!?!?!?!?

Matt Donovan has a 6 game point scoring streak going.....

Here are tonight's goals.....

Mike Halmo (unassisted):

Chad Costello (Watkins and Donovan assist):

Next in action Friday Night in Springfield.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Sneekypete

I have been holding off on writing about Persson just because i wanted to see much more of him. To this point , he could really go either way if his game keeps growing he has 3rd or 2nd line upside and if not he won`t be a more then a 13th forward. He does everything average at this level but is very smart and responsible in all 3 zones. He lumbers a bit while he skates but his skating has gotten better since the beginning of the year. Also he has a nose for the net and drives hard not afraid to take the punishment mush like Moulson or Knuble does and did. His shot is ok and for a kid his size he needs to get stronger, I can literally see him as a bull in front of the net and in corners as he gets stronger.
I would love to see him crush it in the gym and power skating in the off season, he has an outside shot to make the Isles by middle of next season.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:08 PM
duster19

Quote:
KK is not anything special. I watched him a couple times in junior for Shawinigan and he did nothing except show up with a couple burts of speed here and there. He did not accomplish much. I agree, neither one of the K's will be worth anything in the NHL.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:12 PM
duster19

Quote:
maybe you are right. I think he is to. They dont have much the way of a 2nd center when Nelson went down for Nino to work with, but I still dont see alot in Nino. Why dont they bump Aucoin and Bailey down there and call up a couple bums. Let Nino, Nelson, Aucoin, Bailey put up some points and make a run?

Old
02-19-2013, 02:21 PM
duster19

Quote:
Then why would you put anyone worthwhile with JT? Why not stock pile talent on your 2nd line to make 2 good lines? Move them around if you are in need of a goal?

I think JT needs a winger that has some size and speed, is willing to be first to the puck or play the body on a forecheck, can move the puck a bit and is responsible. We dont need a 40 goal scorer on that line. We generate enough points on the top line. We need a better 2nd line and to keep the puck out of out net.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:51 PM
InformTheMasses

Not much in the way of highlights in this one. Through 2 periods Sound Tigers losing 3-0 and getting outshot 22-10. This is why I made the Jim Mora playoffs? post earlier in the week. Team still missing Sundstrom and Nilsson, I have no idea what their status' are.

Brock Nelson-Nino, Halmo line are -3's

Kevin Poulin can't get out of Bridgeport fast enough, he might sprint to Uniondale immediately after the 3rd period.

Closed Thread