HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2013 Draft Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 06:04 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I don't see what this has to do with the draft or Ryan Hartman besides them both playing for the Whalers.
Nothing, I just want Murray to go after him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
Filatov has no value in this league anymore. Tom Wilson is a first round pick. You're not going to get him for scraps.
I guess you missed the other thread that wants Filatov back from the KHL & how we should have given him much more of a chance? I'm quite sure Filatov is done in the NHL with every team & not just Ottawa. What about a combo of Regin, Bishop, Da Costa & Condra?

Old
02-15-2013, 06:27 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I'd rather go after Tom Wilson RW who could be ready for or in the NHL around when Neil is getting ready to retire. What would Washington want, Filatov plus?
We get it. You have a boner for Wilson.

Old
02-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:

I guess you missed the other thread that wants Filatov back from the KHL & how we should have given him much more of a chance? I'm quite sure Filatov is done in the NHL with every team & not just Ottawa. What about a combo of Regin, Bishop, Da Costa & Condra?
That's quantity for quality. None of them hold much value. Not to mention Washington already has 2 better goalies than Bishop.

Old
02-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:

I don't get what you're saying. That's exactly what I said, Filatov has no value. Yet you seem to think Washington is going to have interest in him for a player they picked last year in the first round? And why would we give up 4 players for a prosect that hasn't played a single minute in the NHL? I just doesn't make sense for either team.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:19 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Wrong thread...

Old
02-15-2013, 10:43 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Jones is just brilliant he has this unbelievably unique set of skills that will make him a star. I don't think we'd suck that bad though... Who knows. I don't know if I'd pick Jones as much as I'd pick a guy like Lindholm. We NEED a player like Lindholm/Mackinnon more but always go BPA.

We can draft Jones and deal from a position of unbelievable strength if Cowen, Ceci become very strong. Also, top-end defense men are more valuable than forwards. Especially in trades.

Look at how Goligoski got back Neal. Now imagine you trading a guy like Cowen, Ceci if they become top-pairing capable. Cowen I have no doubts but you guys get the gist of my argument.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Volt

vCash: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Jones is just brilliant he has this unbelievably unique set of skills that will make him a star. I don't think we'd suck that bad though... Who knows. I don't know if I'd pick Jones as much as I'd pick a guy like Lindholm. We NEED a player like Lindholm/Mackinnon more but always go BPA.

We can draft Jones and deal from a position of unbelievable strength if Cowen, Ceci become very strong. Also, top-end defense men are more valuable than forwards. Especially in trades.

Look at how Goligoski got back Neal. Now imagine you trading a guy like Cowen, Ceci if they become top-pairing capable. Cowen I have no doubts but you guys get the gist of my argument.
If we draft Jones there is no way we deal him, Cowen or Ceci will be easily traded away before the thought of doing so for Jones. This team needs either Jones or Lindholm cause with Jones you get a partner for Karl who just so happens to have franchise player written all over him. With Lindholm you get a player who has loads of offensive skill that can play C/W plus his physical game is great for he can dish out hits.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:55 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
If we draft Jones there is no way we deal him, Cowen or Ceci will be easily traded away before the thought of doing so for Jones. This team needs either Jones or Lindholm cause with Jones you get a partner for Karl who just so happens to have franchise player written all over him. With Lindholm you get a player who has loads of offensive skill that can play C/W plus his physical game is great for he can dish out hits.
Lol, this is exactly what I meant. If we get Jones we can deal Cowen/Ceci. For a star forward.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:16 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I don't think we'd partner Karlsson and Jones (god I'm getting ahead of myself). Both are RD and with Methot and Cowen in the fold we'd pair them with the two RD. Jones would just step in and take over for Gonchar methinks.

I'm gonna do a highlight video(s) for the top 3 and probably Petan. Was watching Mooseheads highlights and I can't help it. Drouin's is going to be epic.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
I don't think we'd partner Karlsson and Jones (god I'm getting ahead of myself). Both are RD and with Methot and Cowen in the fold we'd pair them with the two RD. Jones would just step in and take over for Gonchar methinks.

I'm gonna do a highlight video(s) for the top 3 and probably Petan. Was watching Mooseheads highlights and I can't help it. Drouin's is going to be epic.
Drouin is the #1 guy in this draft that I hope we get, somehow. I don't want to tank, but I want to find a way to get this kid. He's going to be something special in the NHL.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Drouin is the #1 guy in this draft that I hope we get, somehow. I don't want to tank, but I want to find a way to get this kid. He's going to be something special in the NHL.
I agree with this.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:41 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
There's a part of me that wants to see Drouin and Mackinnon stay together. The chemistry those two have is something unnatural. They find each other from 100 feet away without even looking.

Old
02-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137

Edit: BURE

Last edited by Benny FTW: 02-16-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 04:04 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Holy ****. That's crazy skill right there.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Iamok
#Panic

So tell me again why tanking is a bad idea?

/sarcasm

Old
02-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post

/sarcasm
Oilers

EDIT: Well Played lol

Last edited by Security Guard Chang*: 02-16-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post

/sarcasm
Because it's for losers and we don't want to breed losers

We just have to try our best and if it doesn't work (which is very possible with the quality of players injured), we'll get a high pick as a consolation prize. And that's what it is, no matter how you spin it.

Edit : oh... the white thing

Old
02-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Slippy

Quote:
He's more suited for center ice. If he's not playing in the NHL next year, he'll move to center with Mackinnon in the show.

Mackinnon is more suited as winger in the NHL. Guy could be the generations best powerforward. A REAL powerforward, none of this Ovechkin or Nash nonsense.
I don't know about that. MacKinnon is out right now, but there isn't even a whisper of him playing center. He may be a great playmaker and distributor like centremen, but he may be like a Tanguay and do it from the wing.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:57 PM
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

Draft Drouin. Enough said.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:00 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
There's a part of me that wants to see Drouin and Mackinnon stay together. The chemistry those two have is something unnatural. They find each other from 100 feet away without even looking.
Great players almost always have great chemistry when they play together. It's just part of being a great player to be able to play great with other players that can keep up with you.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:19 PM
JackBauer

i want Drouin. but i beg of this board, dont jinx it like we did we landeskog. this year will have been unbearable if we draft 7th

Old
02-16-2013, 10:22 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
i want Drouin. but i beg of this board, dont jinx it like we did we landeskog. this year will have been unbearable if we draft 7th
lol its not like all of a sudden the talent goes to ****. At 7 you could get Monahan or Lindholm who are top 5 talents in most drafts.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
lol its not like all of a sudden the talent goes to ****. At 7 you could get Monahan or Lindholm who are top 5 talents in most drafts.
I think the general consensus is Monahan, Barkov, Lindholm, Jones, Makinnon and Drouin are going top 6. This might not be the case, but I think people would be disappointed with a "consolation prize" like Shinkaruk.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:31 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Top 3 talents hands down, imo.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post

Edit: BURE
As skilled as that was you realize in the NHL that poke check would have stopped him OR at the very least the player at the end would have decked him.

Closed Thread