HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Daniel Alfredsson to contender

Old
02-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Sens aren't going to move him. C'mon he's the franchise. They're also far from being out of it...they'll try to make a couple of deals first...isn't spezza expected back for the last third of the season?

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:25 PM
BoHorvat53
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
This.

IF Alfie goes to management and asks for one last opportunity to win a cup (the only scenario in which an Alfie trade is even worth talking about), you can bet he'll get more than Gaustad got.
But what if Alfredsson asks to go to NYR/VAN only and they're not willing to pay a 1st + more.

Lets say offer is 2nd + fringe prospect or 3rd + average prospect. Are you just going to deny Alfie his request?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Sens aren't going to move him. C'mon he's the franchise. They're also far from being out of it...they'll try to make a couple of deals first...isn't spezza expected back for the last third of the season?
Sundin was asked to waive his NTC, haha. Alfie should just pull a Sundin and sign with Van in the off-season.

BoHorvat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:28 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
But what if Alfredsson asks to go to NYR/VAN only and they're not willing to pay a 1st + more.

Lets say offer is 2nd + fringe prospect or 3rd + average prospect. Are you just going to deny Alfie his request?

Sundin was asked to waive his NTC, haha. Alfie should just pull a Sundin and sign with Van in the off-season.
a) alfie wont ask for a trade that would hurt the Sens
b) suck a pimpled covered *ick if you think he'll sign anywhere else

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:29 PM
BoHorvat53
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
How does that hurt the Sens? They either lose Alfredsson and gain nothing, or gain a prospect and a pick.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:32 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
How does that hurt the Sens? They either lose Alfredsson and gain nothing, or gain a prospect and a pick.
a 3rd/fringe prospect isn't enough to watch him not retire in our uniform

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Marshal Rochambeau
N.J. Hockey Club

Just take anything from New Jersey Alfie would complete our line up

We would treat him well here in New Jersey too

Marshal Rochambeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:34 PM
BoHorvat53
Crabs!

Quote:
a 3rd/fringe prospect isn't enough to watch him not retire in our uniform
But Alfie would be wanting to go after the cup, are you going to deny him his dream for your own selfish greed?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Tellmeister

Quote:
No he wouldn't. He loves the Sens to much. However if he went to managment and asked for a trade to get a Cup and gave a list of 2 teams. I really belive that they would take whatever the contender gave them even if it was a 7th just to give Alfie a shot.

Tellmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:37 PM
nazembiggs*

Alfie is Ottawa, hes not getting traded.

nazembiggs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Marshal Rochambeau
N.J. Hockey Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
Alfie is Ottawa, hes not getting traded.
Bourque, MacDonald

Marshal Rochambeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:51 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:

Well let me ask you this, then: is it really worth it to have a thread on the Trade Boards titled "Value of: Daniel Alfredsson to Vancouver if Vancouver is one of only two teams Alfie Waives His NMC For"? The answer is: no.

If that's the way it plays out (phenomenally unlikely, but hey, anything's possible, I suppose), then we'll just have to deal with it. We'll end up getting less than he's worth... But speculating on such a specific set of circumstances is really a moot point. It's still far-fetched to assume that he's even considering waiving his NMC, let alone who he'd be willing to waive it for, or for how many teams.

Why don't we create a "Value of: Dan Boyle to Ottawa, because Boyle hypothetically demands to be traded, and will only waive his NTC for the Sens because he's an Ottawa kid and wants to play in his hometown" thread?

Let's not talk about hypotheticals like that until something develops that warrants the discussion.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Yes. He's not going to be traded. What will happen is the management will ask if he would like a shot at the Cup, if he says no, then it's a no. If he says yes, obviously we would accommodate. Chances are he will say no.
i agree here.

He will choose what team he gets traded to. If he does this it is for a run at the cup.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:00 PM
BoHorvat53
Crabs!

Quote:
Well let me ask you this, then: is it really worth it to have a thread on the Trade Boards titled "Value of: Daniel Alfredsson to Vancouver if Vancouver is one of only two teams Alfie Waives His NMC For"? The answer is: no.

If that's the way it plays out (phenomenally unlikely, but hey, anything's possible, I suppose), then we'll just have to deal with it. We'll end up getting less than he's worth... But speculating on such a specific set of circumstances is really a moot point. It's still far-fetched to assume that he's even considering waiving his NMC, let alone who he'd be willing to waive it for, or for how many teams.

Why don't we create a "Value of: Dan Boyle to Ottawa, because Boyle hypothetically demands to be traded, and will only waive his NTC for the Sens because he's an Ottawa kid and wants to play in his hometown" thread?

Let's not talk about hypotheticals like that until something develops that warrants the discussion.
I chose NYR/VAN because someone mentioned wanting to put Alfie with some Swedes. NYR/VAN has swedes. Det has Swedes too, but Franzen/Zetterberg isn't appealing as much anymore without Lidstrom compared to Stralman/Lundqvist/Hagelin or Sedin/Sedin/Edler. That's the only reason why I picked those two teams as my example.

Are VAN/NYR going to be the only teams interested? Heck no, that's why it's titled to contender.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Djp

Quote:
I chose NYR/VAN because someone mentioned wanting to put Alfie with some Swedes. NYR/VAN has swedes. Det has Swedes too, but Franzen/Zetterberg isn't appealing as much anymore without Lidstrom compared to Stralman/Lundqvist/Hagelin or Sedin/Sedin/Edler.

He would do this for a run at the cup---not to be with fellow swedes.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:07 PM
BoHorvat53
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
He would do this for a run at the cup---not to be with fellow swedes.
Exactly, hence why the title is, "to contender" and not, "to Vancouver/New York."

Old
02-16-2013, 11:07 PM
HavlatMach9

1st + random prospect, depending on bid/where Alfie would want to go.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:11 PM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

I would welcome Alfie in Boston with open arms.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:18 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
I chose NYR/VAN because someone mentioned wanting to put Alfie with some Swedes. NYR/VAN has swedes. Det has Swedes too, but Franzen/Zetterberg isn't appealing as much anymore without Lidstrom compared to Stralman/Lundqvist/Hagelin or Sedin/Sedin/Edler. That's the only reason why I picked those two teams as my example.

Are VAN/NYR going to be the only teams interested? Heck no, that's why it's titled to contender.
Then why are you discussing the value of what the return would be in a a hypothetical scenario like this?

I think of ANYONE here, as a Vancouver fan, you'd know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of such a proposal, what with all the "Luongo only has one choice: to the Leafs, so we're only going to offer you MacArthur and a 3rd rounder for him. Deal with it." nonsense that Leafs fans trumpeted for like 6 months...

Old
02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
But Alfie would be wanting to go after the cup, are you going to deny him his dream for your own selfish greed?
Are you for real bud?

Alfie's not going to go out and say trade me no matter what. He's going to say if there's a move that will help the team and give him a shot at the cup then do it. Stop pretending that there's a realistic scenario where a team can get him by lowballing an offer. Drop whatever is in your mind value wise, and look at the past 3 years in terms of UFA players and what they got. Campoli, Moore, etc, all got 2nd round picks. Gaustad got a 1st. His value is at least a first round pick. If you're not willing to pay that, then you don't get Alfie.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:44 PM
BoHorvat53
Crabs!

Quote:
Then why are you discussing the value of what the return would be in a a hypothetical scenario like this?

I think of ANYONE here, as a Vancouver fan, you'd know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of such a proposal, what with all the "Luongo only has one choice: to the Leafs, so we're only going to offer you MacArthur and a 3rd rounder for him. Deal with it." nonsense that Leafs fans trumpeted for like 6 months...
That hypothetical scenario had Alfie being interested in only two teams, not only two teams interested in him. Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Are you for real bud?

Alfie's not going to go out and say trade me no matter what. He's going to say if there's a move that will help the team and give him a shot at the cup then do it. Stop pretending that there's a realistic scenario where a team can get him by lowballing an offer. Drop whatever is in your mind value wise, and look at the past 3 years in terms of UFA players and what they got. Campoli, Moore, etc, all got 2nd round picks. Gaustad got a 1st. His value is at least a first round pick. If you're not willing to pay that, then you don't get Alfie.
Are you for real bud?

Alfie's not going to go out and say trade me no matter what. He's going to to politely request for a chance to win the cup. This is a chance to help Ottawa improve AND help Alfie chase a cup. Toronto offers a 1st and Rangers offer a 2nd + prospect. Sure, the 1st is better, but TO either will just miss the playoffs or be a 1st round knockout. What's the point of Alfie leaving then? Trade him to the team of his choice, even if the offer is slightly less.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:48 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
That hypothetical scenario had Alfie being interested in only two teams, not only two teams interested in him. Nice!

A GM who can only negotiate with two teams is handcuffed, regardless of whether it is the market or the player preventing more teams from bidding. Both scenarios feature limited options for the GM as the endgame. Both scenarios suck. I'm not sure what your point is here.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
What would it take to acquire Alfie by trade deadline?

Keep in mind this draft is stacked and Alfie is likely gone after the playoff run.

This is assuming Ottawa cannot overcome the Spezza/Karlsson/Cowen injuries.
He wont be traded and its due to building trust among players. Asking Alfie to waive his NMC and be traded to get some picks or whatever is not sending the right message to its players.

Leafs found this out clearly with Mats Sundin.

Alfie would have to WANT to get traded and for him to want to do that......would mean he doesnt want to play in Ottawa anymore. Its a catch 22 situation.

He wants to be traded for one chance to win ..........what? One playoff round? Two?

Then what does he do?

Hes already won the presidents trophy. Already been in the finals. He has a gold medal. His number is already retired , he just has to stop playing.

I bet he would rather retire than play for another team. Same with Jarome Iginla.

Iggy will sign a 3 year deal , and Alfie will probably sign 1 year deals until he cant hack it anymore.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:21 AM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:

Are you for real bud?

Alfie's not going to go out and say trade me no matter what. He's going to to politely request for a chance to win the cup. This is a chance to help Ottawa improve AND help Alfie chase a cup. Toronto offers a 1st and Rangers offer a 2nd + prospect. Sure, the 1st is better, but TO either will just miss the playoffs or be a 1st round knockout. What's the point of Alfie leaving then? Trade him to the team of his choice, even if the offer is slightly less.
If Alfie asks for a chance to win the cup and the return he would get is not a 1st Round Pick or more, he will retire (and still be incredibly happy) as an Ottawa Senator.

Bottom line. He's not getting traded for a "3rd and average prospect" like you mentioned. Stop with this hypothetical ******** with the Leafs. You [insert contender here] want Daniel Alfredsson? Be prepared to pay a premium for the face of the franchise. Enough said.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Bileur

I understand you want Alfredsson for your cup run.

I'd be ok with trading him if he wants to make a run of it. It be quite happy if it were to the Canucks who seem to have a lot of pieces in place and all kinds premade swedish feel good stories.

But the sens aren't about to bend over and take whatever scraps you want to throw away.

Gaustad + 4th = 1st
Oduya = 2nd + 3rd
Kostitsyn = 2nd + 5th
Bishop = 2nd
Moore + 7th = 2nd
Gill + 5th = Geoffrion+ Slaney + 2nd

Campoli + 7th = Potulny + 2nd
Kelly = 2nd
Fisher = 1st + 2nd or 3rd
Penner = 1st, Teubert, 3rd

etc. etc.

Alfredsson is not going for a 3rd and some bum prospect.

Put your first on the table and its a done deal in my books.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
I understand you want Alfredsson for your cup run.

I'd be ok with trading him if he wants to make a run of it. It be quite happy if it were to the Canucks who seem to have a lot of pieces in place and all kinds premade swedish feel good stories.

But the sens aren't about to bend over and take whatever scraps you want to throw away.

Gaustad + 4th = 1st
Oduya = 2nd + 3rd
Kostitsyn = 2nd + 5th
Bishop = 2nd
Moore + 7th = 2nd
Gill + 5th = Geoffrion+ Slaney + 2nd

Campoli + 7th = Potulny + 2nd
Kelly = 2nd
Fisher = 1st + 2nd or 3rd
Penner = 1st, Teubert, 3rd

etc. etc.

Alfredsson is not going for a 3rd and some bum prospect.

Put your first on the table and its a done deal in my books.
Thank you Bileur.