HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 10:46 AM
EveryDay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
I can't see the Sharks doing that straight up. I'd love to have Clowe but it would cost us more than Gionta. I doubt the Sharks would trade him anyways.

He will be UFA this summer and don't have a goal so far this year, don't you think that Gionta + 3rd pick would be enough?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:55 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
He will be UFA this summer and don't have a goal so far this year, don't you think that Gionta + 3rd pick would be enough?
Then why the hell do you want the habs to trade for him?

Isn't 1 Cole already enough?

BTW Gionta has a full ntc and will never accept this trade.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Yeah but on HF Close has 300% his normal value because he occasionally fights.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Yeah, neither of those are happening. Furthermore, I don't want Bouchard at all.

You know, you have to think about the other team and why would they want to do this, not just why you'd do it from a habs pov.
Really? I thought we could just rob teams blind... You know, like dumping big contracts for young studs like the Gomez-mcdo deal???

G figure e first reply was shocked at how bad it was for us, then you chime in arrogantly claiming the opposite.

- Statsny has been under performing for a while now, and his cap hit is quite large for a minimally spending team. In the deal I put forward, they add a bit of salary ~3M, but add 2 roster players in the process. Gionta immediately becomes their best winger, and gives a young group some vet leadership. Kaberle would be the toughest pill to swallow, but with EJ out, and their dismal pp, timing might be right for taking a gamble that he can still contribute for a team that is paper thin on defence.

- Minny has cap issues next season if they don't move some salary, right now heatley/Bourque is virtually a lateral swap, while saving 3M$. Issue is heatley's superior talent & bourques inconsistency, but with so many young talented fwds in the pipelines, they can risk having him on the books for the extra years... Especially with the added incentive of Eller, who is a great fit for them. Bouchard is a pricey throw-in, but our management has made mention of targeting Quebec natives, and he's got the talent to be a nice fit in our top-6 if/when he shakes the two up years of rust the concussion cost him. Doubt he fully bounces back this year, but if he shows well enough we re-sign him at a much more reasonable deal, and he becomes a nice stop-gap till one of kristo/colberg/Gally are ready for top6 minutes.

Old
02-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Then why the hell do you want the habs to trade for him?

Isn't 1 Cole already enough?

BTW Gionta has a full ntc and will never accept this trade.
You don't think Gio would wanna play out his contract in sunny California on a good sharks team with his buddy Gomer where there's way less media and pressure? I don't see why Gio wouldn't like that deal

Old
02-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Based on what McGuire said...and frankly it surely easy to understand, AVS starts their demands, for O'Reilly, with D's. Would you be willing to START with Tinordi ('cause clearly Beaulieu will not be in demand for now)?

If so...expect the next draft to be filled with d-men.....Though STARTING with Tinordi ALSO means giving a few top picks as well....Tough decision to be honest.

Old
02-16-2013, 04:19 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
You don't think Gio would wanna play out his contract in sunny California on a good sharks team with his buddy Gomer where there's way less media and pressure? I don't see why Gio wouldn't like that deal
Oh I don't know, because you don't know Gionta? He has kids in the Quebec school system now.

Old
02-16-2013, 04:37 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
His kids are more important than the sunny California, just saying.

Gionta isn't as good as he once was but he is still one of the best leader in the NHL. Pressure isn't a problem for him.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:33 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Who are some big crease clearing defensive dman and how much would they cost ? I wanted Allen last year

Old
02-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Based on what McGuire said...and frankly it surely easy to understand, AVS starts their demands, for O'Reilly, with D's. Would you be willing to START with Tinordi ('cause clearly Beaulieu will not be in demand for now)?

If so...expect the next draft to be filled with d-men.....Though STARTING with Tinordi ALSO means giving a few top picks as well....Tough decision to be honest.
Canadiens are 100% not going to trade Tinordi. guaranteed. He's the other missing piece next to galchenyuk that we've missed for years. Even though Beaulieu has been the best 'Dog this year, he's more likely to get dealt because his skill-set is replaced by subban, markov and diaz

Old
02-17-2013, 03:41 AM
DAChampion

A good article on Ryan O'Reilly.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1423

Old
02-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Canadiens are 100% not going to trade Tinordi. guaranteed. He's the other missing piece next to galchenyuk that we've missed for years. Even though Beaulieu has been the best 'Dog this year, he's more likely to get dealt because his skill-set is replaced by subban, markov and diaz
By the time Beaulieu is ready for big minutes, Markov might be gone or playing a lesser role. Diaz at this point is no lock to become a full time top 4 guy.

Last edited by Monctonscout: 02-17-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old
02-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Maxpac

Quote:

Yuck, hell no. Tinordi is fits the mold of our biggest need. 6'7 defensmen with a mean streack and solid skating are very rare commodity and golden to a team with a soft D core. There's no way we give him to anybody.

I could do the same with Beaulieu too. What happens to the the team when Markov retires? Beaulieu is a perfect replacement.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

No.

In our system Tinordi is one of a kind. We need him.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Hugo Sham

honestly and i'm not trolling but the majority of the hab fans who post trades on main boards are full ****ing retard. fire sale? trade markov? it's ****ing ridiculous. the ONLY place habs have to look at going forward is really on the wing to replace the likes of cole, bourque and gionta..Tinordi fills a need...maybe another center...

Old
02-17-2013, 11:12 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:

I like O'Reilly but I don't think he's that big of a need for us, with Galchenyuk, Pleks, Eller and Desharnais I think we're decent at centre. If we're giving up Tinordi I'd rather it be going to get a young top 6 forward but I think Tinordi's value is greater to us than in trades since we've needed a guy like him since Komisarek left.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:08 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Because he signed here for stability for his family and because when you waive your NTC, it's waived unless the team you are traded to decides otherwise. (Ex: Visnovsky). The only team I think we could trade him to now is the Devils.

It's not exactly going very well for his buddy Gomez with the Sharks either...

Old
02-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
honestly and i'm not trolling but the majority of the hab fans who post trades on main boards are full ****ing retard. fire sale? trade markov? it's ****ing ridiculous. the ONLY place habs have to look at going forward is really on the wing to replace the likes of cole, bourque and gionta..Tinordi fills a need...maybe another center...
Maybe "you" shouldn't hang out there then because that is the purpose of that board. Almost all the proposed trades never happen, so why get your belly all knotted up.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
By the time Beaulieu is ready for big minutes, Markov might be gone or playing a lesser role. Diaz at this point is no lock to become a full time top 6 guy.
Agreed... and if Pateryn shows steady improvement he could fit on the roster as a #6 or #7 defenseman while Dietz, Ellis and others develop in the AHL. I really believe in building a team from the goaltender out and don't want to jeopardize our future defense... but that's just me.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:55 PM
HCH

Quote:
You want to replace Bourque?

Old
02-17-2013, 02:26 PM
HCH

Quote:

The trouble with that idea is that it leaves us with 5 centers who have the ability to play on the top three lines. That would mean more that trading Tinordi and a few top picks... it would mean clearing the decks and moving two centers to make room for O'Reilly. So who would be out? Plekanec, Desharnais, Eller, Galchenyuk? You would have to pick two to keep and trade two.

I'm not sure if that is the approach to take at the moment. How much do you want to upset the applecart for a holdout who wants top dollars.

I'm not sure how much O'Reilly played with Landeskog last year but if he did, how much of his success was due to Landeskog's play. Would he enjoy the same success with someone else on his wing. It's a legitimate question.... because I really don't know the answer.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:00 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Probably a better idea to hold onto the veterans and hope that Tinordi is ready if the Habs make the playoffs.At this point of the season,two more games and the Habs are a third of the way and looking all of that!

Old
02-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Lebowski

Just throwing it out there... Would any of you swap Subban for Doughty straight up, everything taken into consideration?

Contract, development curve and all... I could easily see Subban overtake Doughty in the next couple of years.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Just throwing it out there... Would any of you swap Subban for Doughty straight up, everything taken into consideration?

Contract, development curve and all... I could easily see Subban overtake Doughty in the next couple of years.
I'd wait and see how Subban's next contract is.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Hugo Sham

I proposed on main board diaz and eller for ROR. would you do it? diaz is becoming quite important

Closed Thread