HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The REAL Standings

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2003, 05:19 AM
  #1
dragonwyck
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
The REAL Standings

Ranked by percentage of possible points earned

Eastern Conference
1. PHI 71.0%
2. TOR 68.8
3. TB 55.4
4. NJ 67.2
5. BOS 61.3
6. OTT 55.2
7. ATL 54.5
8. MON 51.6

9. NYI 50.0
10. NYR 48.3
11. CAR 43.3
12. BUF 42.2
13. FLA 42.2
14. PIT 36.7
15. WSH 35.5

Western Conference
1. STL 73.2%
2. VAN 66.1
3. LA 58.1
4. COL 65.5
5. DET 63.6
6. CGY 60.3
7. NSH 53.4
8. SJ 53.3

9. PHO 48.3
10. EDM 46.8
11. MIN 46.8
12. ANA 46.8
13. DAL 45.2
14. CLB 38.3
15. CHI 37.1

Current Playoff Matchups
1. STL vs. 8. SJ
2. VAN vs. 7. NSH
3. LA vs. 6. CGY
4. COL vs. 5. DET

1. PHI vs. 8. MON
2. TOR vs. 7. ATL
3. TB vs. 6. OTT
4. NJ vs. 5. BOS

 
Old
12-17-2003, 09:27 AM
  #2
Hockeyfan_86
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan_86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Hockeyfan_86
Thats a good way to look at it. I'm surprised how quietly STL has earned so many possible points.

Hockeyfan_86 is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 09:37 AM
  #3
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Great to watch Calgary just rolling along. A real cindy story for this year. I hope they keep it up. I read they are minus a few players and still doing it. Looks like we will have a coach of the year run off by LA and Calgary.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 10:16 AM
  #4
Biggest Canuck Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: West Kelowna, BC
Posts: 10,450
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Great to watch Calgary just rolling along. A real cindy story for this year. I hope they keep it up. I read they are minus a few players and still doing it. Looks like we will have a coach of the year run off by LA and Calgary.
I am worried they will run out of gas come march... much like the Canucks in 00/01. it is hard to play that way for every single game. I hope all the Western Canadian teams make it... but the Oilers look terrible right now.

Biggest Canuck Fan is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 11:10 AM
  #5
CupBound
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan
I am worried they will run out of gas come march... much like the Canucks in 00/01. it is hard to play that way for every single game. I hope all the Western Canadian teams make it... but the Oilers look terrible right now.
True, but with the amount of LOOOOONG injuries the Flames have they should be pretty fresh for the last push. They are missing their top 3 centres, top D and top goalie. If all come back in January rested they should actually have advantage over many teams.

CupBound is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 11:35 AM
  #6
dragonwyck
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupBound
True, but with the amount of LOOOOONG injuries the Flames have they should be pretty fresh for the last push. They are missing their top 3 centres, top D <s>and top goalie</s>. If all come back in January rested they should actually have advantage over many teams.
Fixed.

 
Old
12-17-2003, 12:11 PM
  #7
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwyck
Fixed.
I wouldn't bet the farm on Kiprusoff yet. The list of goalies that have played over their heads for 20 games and then fell back to earth is long and anonymous

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 12:14 PM
  #8
CCF
This is the year....
 
CCF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Across Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I wouldn't bet the farm on Kiprusoff yet. The list of goalies that have played over their heads for 20 games and then fell back to earth is long and anonymous
That may be true, but Turek himself isn't the answer.

CCF is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 12:19 PM
  #9
dragonwyck
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
That may be true, but Turek himself isn't the answer.
Exactly....

 
Old
12-17-2003, 02:29 PM
  #10
PecaFan
Registered User
 
PecaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Posts: 8,904
vCash: 500
A good link for this: RealStandings Also has a few other stats sections.

Ignore the main part, it's entirely Ranger oriented, and usually just rants on how the refs cost the Rangers their latest game.

PecaFan is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 03:20 PM
  #11
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I wouldn't bet the farm on Kiprusoff yet. The list of goalies that have played over their heads for 20 games and then fell back to earth is long and anonymous
Boston's start last year is a perfect example

Enoch is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 05:43 PM
  #12
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Boston's start last year is a perfect example
Or Calgary's 2 years ago...

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
12-18-2003, 07:52 AM
  #13
MotownMadman
Registered User
 
MotownMadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan_86
Thats a good way to look at it. I'm surprised how quietly STL has earned so many possible points.
I guess I'm not so surprised that St Louis is doing as well as they are but it is surprising that they aren't garnering that much attention.

I do love how those match ups come out though. Wings/Avs, Blues/Sharks and the Flames/Kings could be really entertaining too.

MotownMadman is offline  
Old
12-18-2003, 09:00 AM
  #14
dragonwyck
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownMadman
...but it is surprising that they aren't garnering that much attention.
I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm really not. The Blues and their players rarely get the respect they deserve from the media and fans.

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.