HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Props to Windsor for their tribute jerseys for Mickey tonight.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:46 PM
KyGuy9

vCash: 500
OUCH... that goal REALLY hurts. Especially with Saggy losing. We couldn't take advantage of the situation.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:59 PM
SpItFiReZ

Loss is mainly on pavelka again because of that gaffe.

Playoffs aren't happening unfortunately

Old
02-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Spitsfan67*

Now that the season is all but over here are the problems and some things they need to do to fix them:

1. To many Americans, I'm sorry it's alright to have a couple Americans but when your team has to many like they currently have then your in trouble, instead of taking gambles on americans in the draft go after canadians...they play with a lot more heart IMO at least.

2. Ho-Sang needs to play better or get the **** off the team I mean he got dropped from the first to the last line today and why? Because he ****'s around with the puck way to much I mean your not playing pond hockey there bud dump and chase, use your teammates and put the puck on net instead of trying to go through the whole opposing team. It's really annoying seein him try and do it 10+ times a game and it rarely works, kid will go nowhere if he keeps it up... He can be a star and everyone see's it and I do to but he has to cut that **** out and play some actual hockey this ain't no skills competition.

3. A full make over, players on there way out should include:
Pavelka
Marchese
Ebert
Vail
Bateman
Johnson
Bowen
Studnicka

There's no doubt a major shake up is needed for future success, a big mistake was made by keeping koko because there could be some key pieces in the line up right now for next year and instead we took koko who will not be back next year. Season is all but over I say it's time to throw younger guys into bigger roles players such as Verbeek, Sanvido and win or lose put Dekort in net and call up Kuchmey for a couple games, the games Brown has left he should be put in key roles, all these guys should get Powerplay and Penalty kill time it's what's best for future success.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:19 PM
URNVS

how did Sarnia score second goal?

I was watching game on and off at Tecumseh arena, was thinking this is going to OT, I get home to see they lost in regulation, what happened?

Old
02-15-2013, 09:28 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
2. Ho-Sang needs to play better or get the **** off the team I mean he got dropped from the first to the last line today and why? Because he ****'s around with the puck way to much I mean your not playing pond hockey there bud dump and chase, use your teammates and put the puck on net instead of trying to go through the whole opposing team. It's really annoying seein him try and do it 10+ times a game and it rarely works, kid will go nowhere if he keeps it up... He can be a star and everyone see's it and I do to but he has to cut that **** out and play some actual hockey this ain't no skills competition.
...and if we deal him because he won't cut that "****" out, and he succeeds, people will complain that WR gave up on him too easily. Let the kid develop. He's one of the top rookie scorers. I didn't see anyone complaining when Hall put on a show, or attempted to, in his rookie year.

URNVS - wrist-shot from the low-slot that beat Pavelka to the blocker side. Not a bad goal, but one I'm sure the defence would love to have back.

Quote:
1. To many Americans, I'm sorry it's alright to have a couple Americans but when your team has to many like they currently have then your in trouble, instead of taking gambles on americans in the draft go after canadians...they play with a lot more heart IMO at least.
The Americans we have:

Johnson, Aleardi, Vail, Bowen, Sieloff, Ebert

I'm not seeing major issues here. Johnson struggled at the start, but is actually close to his goal total from last year.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:28 PM
CR15

Sarnia looked like they were fine with letting the clock wind down with the puck behind their net, Spits backed right off let them waltz right down to the other end Fake shot/pass from the point to the slot .... goal

almost looked like a march madness finish Spits backed right off and gave em the last shot

Old
02-15-2013, 09:38 PM
SpItFiReZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post

URNVS - wrist-shot from the low-slot that beat Pavelka to the blocker side. Not a bad goal, but one I'm sure the defence would love to have backl.
Pavelka caused that goal by shooting the puck around rather than leaving it for the dman(believe Seiloff). Then they scored. He was the direct cause again.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:59 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post
Pavelka caused that goal by shooting the puck around rather than leaving it for the dman(believe Seiloff). Then they scored. He was the direct cause again.
I'm not saying he wasn't the reason because the pass was ill-timed. The goal was scored from the low-slot, though.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Libbs

Do posts sound more intelligent with a whole bunch of ***** in them? Just wondering...

While losing with 12 seconds left sucks... allow me to cheer you up a bit. This was hands down the most spectacular goal I have ever witnessed live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzj6i...ature=youtu.be

Old
02-15-2013, 10:37 PM
hockeylegend11

Tough loss,thought Windsor was the better team overall,close game,spits only allowed

24 shots despite Sarnia getting 5 pps

Could not buy a goal when they really needed one,Sting had only 5 shots on goal in the 3rd

and their 1st shot came on goal 11 minutes into the 3rd period

Have to admit if Spits dont take Saginaw both Sat and Mon in regulation season all but

over
I would take my chances 3 pts back with 11 games left,any more then that dont think

so
Saginaw has 2 in a row and Windsor 3 in a row,both of Saggy"s losses have been at

home

Old
02-16-2013, 12:27 AM
OHLTG

As cliche as this sounds, the biggest thing Windsor has to do tomorrow is not come out soft. They seem to have this habit of coming out, surrendering the first goal or three, then playing catch-up. Get the first goal, get the crowd out of it, and just play like their lives are on the line.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:51 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Direct cause...exactly correct. I'm sitting 20' away and he had 2 choices...let Seiloff handle it or do what he did. Seiloff sure as hell wouldn't have shot it around the boards, he'd have tried to freeze the time off or lifted it out. Just a poor choice to try to shoot it by a guy half way up the boards.

Other than that goof Pavelka played well and the team outplayed the Sting by a bit.

Sarnia played a more disciplined game than the Spits who took most of the penalties. Unfortunately IMHO most were of the hooking/holding type cause by being flat footed...(also another too many men on the ice-they must lead the league in those.) Koko was the games #1 star.

Still not completely out of it IF they can win both against Saggy in REGULATION.

Chances are running out.......

Old
02-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Hockey247365

The Spits owned Sarnia in the third period, right up until about 2 minutes left. They then went into protect mode with a checking line of Giftopolous, Johnson and Vail and played it like a penalty kill. They let Sarnia come up the ice, don't challenge the points, collapse around the slot trying to protect the tie and then Sarnia scores. What a waste.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:48 PM
KnightSpit

Playoffs and Big Games and Memorial Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Agree with what u are saying,one would that Calgary had a say in his return

That being said I would have played him tomorrow at Saggy and Monday vs Saggy

instead of tonite,although with Bowen out via suspension there is only 4 reg D left

not that Bowen was being used heavily
Hey Legend, do you think the SPITS are going to make the palyoffs. I see Erie beat London last night, but the Knights IMO are just now playing possum and waiting for the playoffs. Wonder if the game WIndsor has against Erie soon will mean anything. I guess technically the OTTERS can still catch the SPITS ??? Also has an American City ever hosted a memorial cup and do you think if not that they ever could or will. Thanks always for your replys. Mainly follow the Knights and Spits and lately Erie cause of McDavid, who too bad will probably be golfing soon.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Hey Legend, do you think the SPITS are going to make the palyoffs. I see Erie beat London last night, but the Knights IMO are just now playing possum and waiting for the playoffs. Wonder if the game WIndsor has against Erie soon will mean anything. I guess technically the OTTERS can still catch the SPITS ??? Also has an American City ever hosted a memorial cup and do you think if not that they ever could or will. Thanks always for your replys. Mainly follow the Knights and Spits and lately Erie cause of McDavid, who too bad will probably be golfing soon.
KnightSpit

Ask me after the next 2 games against Saginaw,if Windsor wins both in regulation
still think they have a shot,if they split or worse Saggy gets 3 pts out of 4 or 4 out of 4
forget it,then the last 11 games are an audtition for next yr
3 pts behind with 11 games left is doable,4 maybe especially if Saggy goes into a slide,as they have 2 in a row both at home,you add 2 more makes 4 ,then maybe a true slump,anything more then 4 is going being to be real tough
Last nites loss which most agree should have been a better fate really stings pardon the pun
As for the Knights I doubt they are playing possum,dumb if they are,arrogant to think
a team may be able to turn it off and on like a tap
Most of the teams below London improved at the deadline,cant say the Knights did,and as I have mentioned before dangerous to go with 2 rookie goalies in the playoffs on their forum
With Griffith out we will see how deep this team is,another injury upfront to a key
scorer ie Domi would be interesting
Still think when its said and done they are going to wish they added a scorer,ie Trochek,I know they made an offer
Trochek gave Saginaw a list of teams he was willing to go to
London,Plymouth and Windsor were amongst the teams on that list
Owen Sd was not as a deal for Middlleton fell thru because of it
As for Erie while they have improved,still need alot of help on the backend,but they
are going in the right direction

Old
02-16-2013, 05:09 PM
aresknights

Trochek had the Spits as a team on his wish list? Seemingly odd he'd want to finish his career with a team in the same boat as the one he left ( in tough for the last PO spot)

I don't think the knights are playing possum,purposely anyway, they just aren't getting up for games and aren't doing all the little things were used to seeing that win games and it shows. They know what it takes but that switch isn't always easy to find. Well see. Hopefully they haven't become overconfident cause this years POs have a good 5/6 teams that if hot can win the west. Still think they'll get to the conf finals thou. I was a big on saying I wanted Mark to get a top line F but he didn't. I think the price for the one he targeted was too high and he didn't go after a plan B. you're right, he MAY regret it, or if they can win the west I think he won the deadline, again, by not moving assets as Kit, Ply and OS did.

I'm expecting Saggy to have a lil slump after a real solid stretch and the Spits will have to take advantage.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:53 PM
spitz fan 4ever

sieloff out for 2nites game against saggy, Vail dropping back to D

Old
02-16-2013, 07:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Trochek had the Spits as a team on his wish list? Seemingly odd he'd want to finish his career with a team in the same boat as the one he left ( in tough for the last PO spot)

I don't think the knights are playing possum,purposely anyway, they just aren't getting up for games and aren't doing all the little things were used to seeing that win games and it shows. They know what it takes but that switch isn't always easy to find. Well see. Hopefully they haven't become overconfident cause this years POs have a good 5/6 teams that if hot can win the west. Still think they'll get to the conf finals thou. I was a big on saying I wanted Mark to get a top line F but he didn't. I think the price for the one he targeted was too high and he didn't go after a plan B. you're right, he MAY regret it, or if they can win the west I think he won the deadline, again, by not moving assets as Kit, Ply and OS did.

I'm expecting Saggy to have a lil slump after a real solid stretch and the Spits will have to take advantage.
Re Trochek- the reason Windsor was on his list,was closeness for his family as his parents go to alot of games,which rules out Owen Sd and other teams of distance
I dont think he won the west by not trading,especially if they dont win the west

Old
02-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Libbs

So....

I'll just leave this fork right here.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
So....

I'll just leave this fork right here.
Is that one for the Memorial Cup hosting dream?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:32 PM
SpItFiReZ

Well better luck next year I hope. Boy a top 4 pick would be nice

Old
02-16-2013, 10:50 PM
OHLTG

Some very brief thoughts before I head to work:

This wasn't as bad a game as some might make it out to be. Take away two PPGs for Saginaw, where the player had 10-feet around him to play with the puck, plus the Locke goal, where nobody was near him or Pavelka, and you've got a tie game. Throw in a really weird bounce that Pavelka couldn't handle, and the Verbeek 7-min penalty (I'm calling 5-7 games now), and it's a whole other game. I'm not saying we deserved to win, but we certainly played very well compared to what we could have.

For those wondering about Verbeek - all I know is at a center-ice draw, he starts wailing on one of the Spirit forwards (19??). He was given 2/5/10/GM for fighting, the other guy just went off with what appeared to be a shoulder or arm injury.

I had to laugh at the fans near the Spitfire entrance who were chirping Bowen, Bilcke, and Sieloff after the Verbeek fight. The one guy was a dead ringer for Drew Carey. Apparently chirping from 60 feet gives you courage. Then, at the end, more guys were chirping from above the entrance. They were cool

Old
02-16-2013, 11:24 PM
doogie24

Quote:
Well better luck next year I hope. Boy a top 4 pick would be nice
It was painful to sit a few rows in front of BB, WR, and 5 or 6 other scouts at the Alliance all star game and hear WR gush over Konecny.

They need a hit on that 2nd rounder. Bigtime.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:44 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
It was painful to sit a few rows in front of BB, WR, and 5 or 6 other scouts at the Alliance all star game and hear WR gush over Konecny.

They need a hit on that 2nd rounder. Bigtime.
I have been hearing that they are going to land an impact player with that 2nd round pick that could make up for not having that first. It is just a rumor at this point though.

Closed Thread