HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who are you most concerned about this year?

View Poll Results: Who has been the biggest disappointment thus far this year?
Erik Cole 71 89.87%
Colby Armstrong 8 10.13%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

vCash: 500
Who are you most concerned about this year?

Sooo I was just thinking that yes we are having a great start to the season and surprising lots of teams/fans around the NHL (not me).

BUT

There is always going to be disappointments on any team when it comes to individual play based on their roles. I just want to take a poll to get everyone's opinion again based on the players role on the team.

Option 1: Erik Cole
Bar none when it comes to an offensive production he has been a ghost this yr and quite frankly he sucks so far. Although he has been showing signs of more passion and more drive to the net ect. Still he's taking dumb shots from crappy angles and could pass the puck or cycle it once in a while.

Option 2: Colby Armstrong
I really don't know what to say other than I'm not impressed. I don't care if he hasn't scored yet at all. Fact is he should be creating energy and it seems like all he creates is molasses and just slows his entire line down.

This is based on their role remember.

If you have a different player to rant about just say it

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:33 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Armstrong has a one year contract at 1M, I really don't give a ****. Scratch him and put White at worst. But Cole is an other story... If he continues like that, he will give competition for Kaberle for the buyout and the end of this season.

HabsProspectsExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:39 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
Armstrong has a one year contract at 1M, I really don't give a ****. Scratch him and put White at worst. But Cole is an other story... If he continues like that, he will give competition for Kaberle for the buyout and the end of this season.
I hope you're joking with that last sentence. What's with the doom mongering when we're 2nd in the conference. Cole has looked a lot faster in the last 2 games and generally better. He always starts slow.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:53 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
I hope you're joking with that last sentence. What's with the doom mongering when we're 2nd in the conference. Cole has looked a lot faster in the last 2 games and generally better. He always starts slow.
Yes I am exaggerating but still...

Old
02-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Lizard King*

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
In a 48 game season there's not really much time for slow starts. We need him to start producing. I hope he does start producing because I like him and would hate to see him starting to get run out of town if he doesn't start producing soon.

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Who cares about Armstrong. He's not hurting the team. Plays on PK and is decent on the forecheck. He's not as physical as he used to be but it's not the end of the world.

Cole and MaxPac, to some extent, are much more disappointing.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:09 AM
dutchy29

Cole has been disappointing for sure, he was close to our best player last year if not the best, when nothing was working for the habs, he was bringing energy, creativity, speed, goal scoring. The problem I think is he played way over expectation last season, he was under the radar, where as now teams are more aware of MaxPac and him. But to be honest I'm not to worried, hes a veteran, hes been streaky in the past. And I could see him going on a run where he starts putting the puck in the net. I think its good to have some depth in scoring and surprisingly we seem to have some this season. I hope it continues.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:13 AM
habtastic

Has Armstrong really done much to make you wonder how he's on the line that he's on? He hasn't cost us goals. He's a good forechecker and decent PKer. He isn't slow and can anticipate the play. He's been better than Ryan White and I really like White (different position hypothetically, same line).

Cole, I acknowledge he's been improving, but okay mon gros bonhomme, time to start scoring!

concerned yes. Think he's the worst ever and should be bought out, HELLZ NO! He'll get there. I'm confident Cole will be back to last year's form. Question is when.

In the meantime, despite all healing powers, a little worried about Max's arm/midsection. If both of them continue not to score, let's just compare that to last year and consider where we COULD be with the scoring we ARE getting. To say nothing about whatever happened to Gally. (Which I suspect is shoulder-related.)

habtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:56 AM
DAChampion

I'm most concerned that injuries are going to start randomly piling up.

Right now we're on track for a 2007-08 style no-injury miracle season. We know how that ended: we were 1st in the conference and a legitimate stanley cup contender.

Then in the playoffs Mark Streit had an injury, Andrei Markov couldn't keep it going on his own, our team became average and we lost in the 2nd round.

So that's what I'm most worried about: injuries. There are a few players right now who we could not do without in the playoffs: Price, Markov, Subban, Plekanec, I think.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:48 AM
TennisMenace

Not sure why anyone would vote Colby. He isn't much so why be concerned?

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:15 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Sooo I was just thinking that yes we are having a great start to the season and surprising lots of teams/fans around the NHL (not me).

BUT

There is always going to be disappointments on any team when it comes to individual play based on their roles. I just want to take a poll to get everyone's opinion again based on the players role on the team.

Option 1: Erik Cole
Bar none when it comes to an offensive production he has been a ghost this yr and quite frankly he sucks so far. Although he has been showing signs of more passion and more drive to the net ect. Still he's taking dumb shots from crappy angles and could pass the puck or cycle it once in a while.

Option 2: Colby Armstrong
I really don't know what to say other than I'm not impressed. I don't care if he hasn't scored yet at all. Fact is he should be creating energy and it seems like all he creates is molasses and just slows his entire line down.

This is based on their role remember.

If you have a different player to rant about just say it
Nice poll. 2 players, one a journeyman the other a vet who starts slowly.

bye.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:49 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Gionta.

While battling hard and giving his 100% all the time, he doesnt have the same jump he used to have, he looks like he's quietly slowing down into retirement.

the guy is supposed to be a sniper and a speedster, and I find he rarely has great scoring chances, probably due to his speed not being what it used to be.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Saundies

3) Max Pac

I'm not sure why people are all over Cole and nothing is really being said about the fact that MaxPac has yet to score a goal this year.. Not sure if its because he's had a couple of injuries but he hasn't really done anything yet to remotely impress me. At least Cole's scored a couple of times.

Although I didn't watch the game yesterday, and from the highlights I saw Max looked a lot better than he has been. Hopefully he's not too hurt and can keep it going.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:18 AM
TennisMenace

I agree- this poll should have included Max and Gionta to be fair. Comparing Cole to Colby is like comparing apples to oranges.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:41 AM
habsfanatics

Cole for me in this comparison. I never expected anything out of Armstrong, he's providing exactly what I thought he would have, which isn't much.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Max Pac is starting to look good.

I wouldn't put it past him to score 5 goals in 3 games.

PPG so far in 2013:

Pleks: 0.86
Maxpac: 0.80
Bourque: 0.71

If he's not injured for long, I would put $ that Pacioretty finishes #1 in Habs scoring.

Last edited by Born in 1909: 02-17-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Max Pac is starting to look good.

I wouldn't put it past him to score 5 goals in 3 games.
Agreed. Pacioretty has always been a streaky goal scorer... as long as he's shooting the puck, another streak is right around the corner. At 3 shots per game, he's not far behind last season's pace.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:06 AM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Gionta.

While battling hard and giving his 100% all the time, he doesnt have the same jump he used to have, he looks like he's quietly slowing down into retirement.

the guy is supposed to be a sniper and a speedster, and I find he rarely has great scoring chances, probably due to his speed not being what it used to be.
I agree with this, but I will not say he is a disappointment, because it was predictable.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:12 AM
AmeriHab

I'm most concerned with MB and that he doesn't stick with his Plan of long term success and starts trading prospects and picks to fill the roster after we saw 4 guys get hurt last night

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Guilliam

I think we have to accept that Cole will be at best a 20-20 guy from now on, last year was an anomaly. We shouldn't rely on him so much anymore, he should be on our 3rd line next year.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:04 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I think we have to accept that Cole will be at best a 20-20 guy from now on, last year was an anomaly. We shouldn't rely on him so much anymore, he should be on our 3rd line next year.
Or they should just ask him what he wants to do with the rest of his career at the trade deadline. I wouldn't mind sending him back to Carolina for an average return. He's been a class act last season and I've enjoyed watching him play. That alone is enough to consider his opinion above the rest on his role with the team.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
I'm most concerned with MB and that he doesn't stick with his Plan of long term success and starts trading prospects and picks to fill the roster after we saw 4 guys get hurt last night
Not a chance.

Remember that its the experienced MB and his entourage of former-NHL-player advisers...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Nice poll. 2 players, one a journeyman the other a vet who starts slowly.

bye.
Thanks for coming out.

Sure Cole starts slow but he doesn't look like a complete joke out there like he does so far this year.

And for people saying that I'm comparing the two should read the original post! ITS BASED ON THEIR ROLES

As for adding Gionta and Pacioretty to the list I didn't because Paches is looking way better and I think most people don't expect Gio to light it up as much as he used to.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I'm not too concerned about Cole. He did more than what we could have asked for last year. This year has been underwhelming, but I'm comforted by the fact that he has at least shown that he can do well in a habs uniform. He'll get better.

Armstrong was a low risk signing, with potentially high reward. I had no expectations for him. Its not something worth being concerned about.

My concerns are more team concerns than individual concerns, mainly, the inability to defend against teams with speed on the counterattack.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:33 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 519
Cole for me. I expected more from him this season. For sure not the type of production like last season but I didn't think he would only have 1 goal so far this season.

I didn't expect much out of army so he hasn't disappointed me

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote