HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Streit and Ottawa

Old
02-16-2013, 11:50 PM
BK201

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
You're not getting Streit for anything short of a very good prospect and a pick, most likely a first rounder.
Well thier you go we're not getting Streit.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:01 AM
startainfection*

what would you guys want for alfredson?

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:07 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
what would you guys want for alfredson?
On the super slim chance that Alfredsson is traded, it will be at his request (we won't move him unless he specifically asks to be traded, which from all evidence is highly unlikely), and he'll provide a list of teams he'd prefer to go to. We'll honor his wishes and send him to a team of his choosing.

And, on the off chance that the Islanders are on that list, it'll cost you a 1st rounder + a prospect/roster player that fits into our future.

There's another thread right now at the top of the Trade boards discussing Alfie. It should give you a pretty good idea concerning Alfie.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:07 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
If Ottawa isn't folding the tents with Karlsson and Spezza (and maybe Machalek) out, what would they give for Streit to fill the gap? With Visnovsky now, as well as solid additions in Finley, Strait and Hickey, Streit isn't needed, and his UFA status makes him a potentially attractive rental.
You want to trade streit because we have Finley and hickey? They are not NHL dmen

kasper11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:53 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Newsday reports that the Isles are talking to Streit's reps, trying to reach an agreement on an extension.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
probably a mid round pick... like someone said... Defensemen seem to be going for a 5th.. Seeing as I actually really like Streit and he could be useful for the Sens i'd say probably a 4th.
lol @ getting Streit for a 4th

Streit has averaged 0.67PPG (55-points per 82-games) over the past four years.

Absolutely ridiculous ... I legit can't stop laughing.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Brooklanders*

The main reason why NYI fans want to trade Streit because he has been dissapointing this season. He also is 35 and a free agent. Signing Streit to an extension is really not the issue given that he is the C and the Isles have the money and cap room to do so. Islander fans know he is still a good player but are looking to the future. I dont see him traded this season at all. If he was being dealt than at the deadline for a contending team and only if Snow feels he cant resign him for reasonable terms. Last season I wanted the NYI to trade PA because I never felt he was that great and his stock was at an all time low. Right now Streit stock is lower than last seasons

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:48 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
The main reason why NYI fans want to trade Streit because he has been dissapointing this season. He also is 35 and a free agent. Signing Streit to an extension is really not the issue given that he is the C and the Isles have the money and cap room to do so. Islander fans know he is still a good player but are looking to the future. I dont see him traded this season at all. If he was being dealt than at the deadline for a contending team and only if Snow feels he cant resign him for reasonable terms. Last season I wanted the NYI to trade PA because I never felt he was that great and his stock was at an all time low. Right now Streit stock is lower than last seasons
I think Streit was out for the entire 2010-2011 season, then was rusty until almost the trade deadline in 2011-2012.

Kind of hard to believe his trade value could have been any lower, then when coming back from major shoulder surgery and a full season lost.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote