HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa owner blasts Cooke

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 09:52 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

vCash: 500
<--- as a sign of solidarity for the weekend...

Felt bad for the Sens and Karlsson on their bad luck, but I can't take their incessant whining. They've got the pitchforks and torches out in full force, trying to hang Cooke for an accidental incident.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:03 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
The Senators org continues to find ways to embarrass themselves. I have never had any respect for the Sens and the list of reasons continues to pile up.

It's funny how Melnyk talks about goons and wants Cooke banned, then has the stones to try and call out the Pens for employing Cooke, when he employs Neil.

Wasn't Melnyk saying he wants head shots out of the game, but he has a lowlife like Neil who has taken tons of dirty head shots? Did he forget all about the Boyle hit last season? Convienient. He is a hypocrite like Murray and Sens fans. They cheer for a thug and then try to condemn Cooke. Please.

To me, they're my Canadian version of the Flyers in how much I can't stand them. I lost all respect for that mush mouth GM of theirs when we handed them their ass in '08.

They were in a downward spiral that season after starting off amazingly strong, and had the regular season lasted even a week longer, they wouldn't have made the playoffs to begin with.

But somehow, even with Hossa added to an already powerful lineup, Murray kept whining about the officiating and essentially blaming them for losses instead of just accepting the fact that they were hopelessly outmatched. After that, I got nauseated by everything involving the Senators.

I feel as bad for Karlsson now as I did when he first got hurt, but whatever sympathy I had for their fans and the rest of the organization is long gone. It put a nice smile on my face when I saw a big zero on the scoreboard tonight against the Leafs.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:04 PM
PensFan6687

I took myself off another forum, because I was told I was a moron and an idiot for defending Cooke (I don't even like him to be honest), but in my eyes I feel it was made to look worse... superstar injured by a guy with a not-so-good history. Take the superstar out of the equation and make it an AHL call-up, and the guy who caused the injury backed up with good history, we're not discussing this. Unfortunately, it all comes down to (ready for the beating of the dead horse), but perception. We have ours and they have theirs.

And there is no convincing either side to switch their perspective on the situation. So around and around we go. It's best if we drop it and move on. Seriously, we're just like a hamster on a wheel. Spinning that wheel, and going no where.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Leadership rolls downhill, so hearing Melnyk's comments help me better understand the pathetic response by the Ottawa management, coaches, players, and fans.
Was thinking the exact same thing. Lost all respect for Melnyk on that one. To represent your franchise like that is pretty sad. Attitude starts at the top and here's the proof. Dollars to doughnuts Neil will try to hurt someone important next game we play.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:27 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post

I feel as bad for Karlsson now as I did when he first got hurt, but whatever sympathy I had for their fans and the rest of the organization is long gone. It put a nice smile on my face when I saw a big zero on the scoreboard tonight against the Leafs.
Worst part is, they really out-played the Leafs by a wide margin tonight and couldn't score on Ben "Vezina" Scrivens.

If they didn't win this one, I don't see them winning many.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:31 PM
nhindian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1350137

Reading the comments here and the "organize a protest" thread are hilarious.

Edit:

that thread is great

Old
02-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
I hate them all. Smush-face Kunitz. Pig-nose Kennedy. All of them.

Especially Malkin. I don't care that he's talented, I wouldn't even want him on my team.

Bunch of cake-eaters.

You can't make this **** up.

Yes, there is hostility even towards Malkin. This is starting to enter "your tears are delicious" territory purely based on fan retardation.

Seriously though, if I'm Disco I'm not putting Sid, Malkin, Neal or Letang on the ice that last game. Nor any big asset we acquire at the deadline. Not worth it at all. Take the loss (if they can beat us with a half empty roster) and stay healthy. I think it's right before the playoffs, so no point in giving them what they want, which seems to be a shot at revenge going all the way up to the highest level of the organization.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post

Yes, there is hostility even towards Malkin. This is starting to enter "your tears are delicious" territory purely based on fan retardation.

Seriously though, if I'm Disco I'm not putting Sid, Malkin, Neal or Letang on the ice that last game. Nor any big asset we acquire at the deadline. Not worth it at all. Take the loss (if they can beat us with a half empty roster) and stay healthy. I think it's right before the playoffs, so no point in giving them what they want, which seems to be a shot at revenge going all the way up to the highest level of the organization.
dude, malkin is the dirtiest star to ever play the game. take him off gary's team and he's getting suspended every other week.

on the second part, I will be shocked if anything but a Cooke fight goes down. It will be like Boston after Savard.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:48 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
What would make this great... is getting Alfie from their team and winning a Cup with him. And having Cooke pass the Cup to Alfie. Oh how amazing it would be.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
What would make this great... is getting Alfie from their team and winning a Cup with him. And having Cooke pass the Cup to Alfie. Oh how amazing it would be.
Alfie - Crosby - Iggy

go Pens

Old
02-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post

The last game is after the deadline, right? If so then I don't think there's a roster limit at that point, they really could just dress half of WBS' roster if they felt like it.

I wouldn't even dress Cooke, not so much to protect them, but because I'm a petty jerk.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Gold Diamond
World Champ

Time to break out this avy for a bit...

Old
02-16-2013, 11:15 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

We should all go with Cooke avatars for the rest of the year just to troll the **** out of this place.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Old
02-16-2013, 11:31 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post

Old
02-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

I don't know if I would be sporting Cooke avatars. As much as they are all emotional about this, you guys are not being very classy about them being emotional about their top players injury or there a bouts.

I think you guys will get what I mean. Just because they're not rational, I don't want to be a part of that mess no matter how ridicules they seem to be.

I don't like Cooke that much, even though I don't feel it was intentional. I'm looking forward to the day he's no-longer a Pen.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:01 AM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

I actually like Cooke and find the hysteria comical. The guy has reformed his game and did nothing wrong the other night.

Nothing wrong with showing support for a guy on your team. If we did this right after the Savard hit, you'd have something.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Corban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
I don't know if I would be sporting Cooke avatars. As much as they are all emotional about this, you guys are not being very classy about them being emotional about their top players injury or there a bouts.

I think you guys will get what I mean. Just because they're not rational, I don't want to be a part of that mess no matter how ridicules they seem to be.

I don't like Cooke that much, even though I don't feel it was intentional. I'm looking forward to the day he's no-longer a Pen.
I get ya, this is what we have here fellas..

Ohh it's so tempting, with their collective garbage starting with their owner, it just would feel so right. But, digression is probably the better part of valor here. But who am I to judge...

Old
02-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Did we reach this level of paranoid lunacy after Steckel's hit on Crosby? I really hope not.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:40 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Did we reach this level of paranoid lunacy after Steckel's hit on Crosby? I really hope not.
This is what keeps going through my mind after I read/hear someone from Ottawa. The Crosby hit, in my mind, was an illegal play and had a bit of intent. He didn't mean to concuss him and put him out for 2 years, but he wanted to put a good lick on him.

ALL THAT SAID. I never wished more ill on the Capitals than I did in the normal course of hating them. I never wanted Steckel arrested, or murdered. I never wrote poems about his neck breaking. I never freakeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddd out. Never attacked Caps fans.

I mean, hey, I'm sure some Pens fans were pathetic, but there are outliers in every situation.

The Senators meltdown is a complete effort. If they worked this well together on the ice, they'd win every cup for the next 20 years.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:43 AM
Fordy
the kid signify

Geez you people never get bored of taking the high road, trust me the low road is much more entertaining.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:44 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Have you seen anything from Lessard this year? I only ask because from what I saw of him from the AHL last year, he looked to be slowing down a bit. His fighting ability declining is likely why he's in the LNAH instead of a more serious league at this point.

As far as outrage goes, the best post I've seen was a Sens fan saying Crosby put Cooke up to it because Sid was jealous of Karlsson's growing notoriety.

edit: Damnit, Hedberg beat me to it.
Yeah, he's definitely washed-up. But, he has never been a great heavyweight fighter.

Wow, it amazes me how idiotic some people are. I hope that was a joke from the Ottawa fan.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:51 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

okay, my new favorite is a Sens fan with an avatar that says '2/13/2013 Never forget'

okokok

Old
02-17-2013, 01:10 AM
Jaded-Fan

Embrace the hate.

With all this hatred the Pens should start to wear black uniforms.

Oh wait . . .

Umm, how about new logos?

Old
02-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
okay, my new favorite is a Sens fan with an avatar that says '2/13/2013 Never forget'

okokok
When they get to 2-13-24 and they're still consoling about it, swing away.

It's truly embarrassing though, and them even bringing in Crosby or the fact the team employs his services after refining his game almost to sainthood compared to the reckless self he use to be is out of this world.

Basically, they lost their one last bit of glimmering hope of a season for just watching the best D-man in the game. I get it. They may need a month or few to get over it. They'll have him back in months. We had to wait much, much longer and we didn't go off that deep, but we still had a glimmer of hope of at least a 2nd round appearance of a playoffs, these guys are already looking at the draft. I think we can relate a tad.

Closed Thread