HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Mattias Tedenby

Old
02-02-2013, 06:17 PM
IT0

vCash: 500
not in the lineup tonite.. so sore

IT0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:02 PM
devilsblood

Ya know, Ted's might have made some bone head plays with the Dev's this season, but he is not the only one.

Chalk it up to the short training camp? But our top 10 bone head plays is solid, and we are only 7 games in.

Sending him down after 4 games was a mistake imo.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
Ya know, Ted's might have made some bone head plays with the Dev's this season, but he is not the only one.

Chalk it up to the short training camp? But our top 10 bone head plays is solid, and we are only 7 games in.

Sending him down after 4 games was a mistake imo.
I don't think sending him down was a mistake, it made Henrique hungry last year and it might work for Teddy this year. I don't approve of how he was used while he was up, but that's another story. If sending him down really was the wrong move, Tedenby needs to prove it to Lou.

Eggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...y_said_to.html

Quote:
Midway through the third period of last night’s game against Adirondack, Tedenby skated to the net and bumped goalie Scott Munroe. During the play, the speedy winger was accidentally hit in the face by the skate of Adirondack defenseman Brandon Manning.

Tedenby was hospitalized and underwent plastic surgery.
(...)
Tedenby played four games for the Devils at the start of the season but suffered a hip injury in the opener. It grew progressively worse and he was assigned to Albany in late January. He was unable to play or practice with the AHL club for several weeks and had just returned to the lineup when this injury happened.

Belizarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:01 PM
devilsblood

JJ just made note of the hip injury as well. I heard of a hint of an injury, but maybe it was more then they let on.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belizarius View Post
Glad to hear he'll be alright. Scary stuff!

02-16-2013, 07:39 PM
DevilsAnimal*

I actually feel sorry for Teddy
he just keeps getting ****ed up

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:53 PM
RHilla619

Anyone have know where a video of the accident is? It's hard to understand exactly what happend from the article and what was said of it during tonight's pregame. Kids having a rough year, hopefully he'll be back on the ice soon. Loved Moose's comment at the end about good thing he already has a girlfriend haha.

RHilla619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:03 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Yeah any video would be nice. Good to hear the kid is gonna be alright. Scary stuff.

HeliDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

I think the reports were quite good and easy to understand.

He was crashing the net. As one of the Dmen in front collided with both him and his D partner, he went down and cut Tedenby just above his jaw. It sliced his cheek open, basically from his chin to his ear. Think half Joker. I don`t know what`s worse, it must`ve been scary to watch, but at least he didn`t slit his throat (Zednik).

What I`m curious about is why Jake didn`t give our MSG crew the picture Teddy posted him on FB. Must be gross.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:15 AM
kiwidevil

Expect 20-30 goals from him in the NHL next year. Everyone knows scars make you 20 times cooler and infinitely more powerful.

kiwidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Expect 20-30 goals from him in the NHL next year. Everyone knows scars make you 20 times cooler and infinitely more powerful.

Should we expect him to become injury-prone and commit a raape too?

Last edited by Getzo5: 02-17-2013 at 01:20 AM. Reason: HF censorship lol
Old
02-17-2013, 02:13 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
I think the reports were quite good and easy to understand.

He was crashing the net. As one of the Dmen in front collided with both him and his D partner, he went down and cut Tedenby just above his jaw. It sliced his cheek open, basically from his chin to his ear. Think half Joker. I don`t know what`s worse, it must`ve been scary to watch, but at least he didn`t slit his throat (Zednik).

What I`m curious about is why Jake didn`t give our MSG crew the picture Teddy posted him on FB. Must be gross.
Well I heard someone mention hundreds of stitches, plastic surgery so it must definitely be gross. The hockey gods must want him to be as ugly as possible.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Well, when you think about it, that big of a wound definitely requires at least 70+ stitches. I joke about it, but I truly feel for him.

Here in Slovakia, we have a saying (just paraphrasing): "if you`re poor, even the portable toilet falls on you". It fits the situation perfectly.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Well, when you think about it, that big of a wound definitely requires at least 70+ stitches. I joke about it, but I truly feel for him.

Here in Slovakia, we have a saying (just paraphrasing): "if you`re poor, even the portable toilet falls on you". It fits the situation perfectly.
I like that saying. I may have to borrow that.

I'm glad Teddy didn't have a Zednik/Malarchuk injury. That would be really awful.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Fayne Staley
Salvador *******

Last night Deb said Tedenby posted a picture of his bandage somewhere. Too bad his facebook/twitter is probably under a different name.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:06 AM
sunnyvale

The Mattias Tedenby situation:

So fellow fans, with the offseason looming there is an interesting RFA the Devils have to make an offer too. Yes, have to, because at 23 and a former first rounder, Teddy is in fact an asset that we have in our organization, even if he is still struggling to crack the line-up at this point in time. Now, if you were Lou L. how would you handle this situation?
Here are what I see as the potential optionsL
Trade: deadline day deal perhaps for a 2nd rounder, or possibly a package deal with a defensemen for something a little better.
Resign: I think it is a no brainer that he gets resigned, as an RFA he can also get qualified but I do not think the compensation will be worth it to let him sign elsewhere. And what is the term? Will LL give him a short leash for a rebound year and make a big decision next season? Or sign him to a 3-4 year deal for 1m in the hopes that he can put up points in Albany worst case scenario, or crack the NJD lineup in the next 2 seasons.
Loan to Europe? now this is something I'm not 100% sure of the rules, but would it necessarily be a bad thing to see him play in Sweden and regain some confidence? the main risk would be him not returning of course, but it is an option Lou will go over.

-Here is what I think will happen. I think Mattias will sign a 2 way contract, for about 900k-1.1 mil for 2 years. If he has not shown progression by then LL will trade him as other GMs may think a change in scenery will help regain his confidence and play with more consistency. Although, if we do make a move at the draft, look for Teddy to be someone LL throws in to sweeten the deal and make a splash.

- So what do you guys think?

sunnyvale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:20 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Don't really care.

He has negative value ATM if we're looking to make a "one on one trade" but would probably be a "ok" piece to add in a package deal.

I don't see him ever cracking our NHL roster as a permanent player.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:21 AM
CerebralGenesis

if we're trading him with 2nd rounders, it'll probably be us trading the 2nd round pick.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:33 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
I offer him a one year deal, two way, at $700k. He'll get an opportunity to make the team out of camp, just like every other player in our system. If he fails to, he plays in Albany. His level of play in Albany will determine if he gets a call up or not.

If he doesn't show SIGNIFICANT progress, either making the NHL or becoming a top AHL scorer, I cut him lose next summer.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Season of the last chance, either he's bouncing back or goodbye.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:00 AM
CerebralGenesis

Wouldn't he still be an RFA in that scenario? Might as well give him 2 or something incase he does have a great year so you can protect yourself from it rising too much.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

That makes sense. For information Tedenby is RFA for 4 seasons again.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:13 AM
tsipka

I dont mind people calling Teddy a bust because at this point it certainly looks that way, but just letting him go is not very smart. Albany still needs bodies and he certainly brings some skill to a team full of grinders. Sign him to 2 years at 800k per (two-way). If he can play 20 games in the nhl next year and put up 5 points playing limited minutes it would be considered good value. If he can do better, which the devils need badly, then patience will have been rewarded.

If after two years he has not been able to crack the roster, then we can give him less money on a two way deal. It really does not hurt this org to keep him a few years more. I dont want to lose a potential nhl winger, especially when he can easily fill a spot in albany.

tsipka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 05:20 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Tedenby still has a chance. It's a slim chance, but he still has one.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote