HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Daniel Alfredsson to contender

Old
02-17-2013, 03:51 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 945
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
A first? For having him the rest of this season and the play-offs and that only? It is to much, I can not think of a contender that desperate and if they are that desperate then they are not a contender.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:54 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
A first? For having him the rest of this season and the play-offs and that only? It is to much, I can not think of a contender that desperate and if they are that desperate then they are not a contender.
Well then, you're entitled to your opinion.

I mean, it's completely wrong, and precedent shows a completely different picture, but I'll fight to the death for your right to have that absolutely false, 100% incorrect opinion.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:27 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Are you for real? Just look at the list posted on the previous page. If a team is desperate enough to give up a 2nd round pick for Chris Campoli or a 1st round pick for Gaustad, there are certainly teams that would give up a 1st for Alfie.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:50 AM
dsedin

booth+3rd?

dsedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:53 AM
Wizeman*

Canucks offer David Booth for Alfie , and he can re sign or go back to Ottawa in the off season. Its a fair deal to both teams

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:24 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Paul Gaustad got a 1st last year. There will be plenty of teams willing to pay much more than that for Alfredsson. Goal-scoring wingers will always be in high demand at that time.
I am not sure that the Gaustad deal wasn't a unique situation. I wouldn't count on 3rd/4th liners always getting a first in return especially when this years draft is supposed to be much deeper than usual and teams are more likely to get quality players even at the very end of the first round.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Deuce Awesome

Quote:
Clearly you have not watched trade deadline moves for the last decade.

A contending team would gladly move a first+ for alfie if he was made available.

It has nothing to do with desperation, it has to do with putting your team over the top.

Deuce Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:11 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
I think I speak for most reasonable Sens fans when I say :

a) We will not ask Alfie to accept a trade
b) Alfie will only be traded if we are out of it and he asks Murray to trade him to a contender
c) Since I think we can all agree any team would love to have him, he calls his shot. If he wants to be traded, and only to Team X, then we take whatever we can get from that team for him, even a 7th rounder. He's earned the right to call his shot, and seeing him win a Cup would be worth far more than whatever we got in a trade for him.
d) Seeing him in any non-Sens jersey would make me want to cry in sadness, but seeing him win a Cup would make me cry far more (happy) tears, even if it wasn't with Ottawa.
e) He will retire a Sen, even if he is traded and then signs a 1-day contract with us.
f) If and when he wants to resume an off-ice career in hockey after he hangs 'em up, he calls his shot. Our owner has gone on record saying this.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Tellmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I think I speak for most reasonable Sens fans when I say :

a) We will not ask Alfie to accept a trade
b) Alfie will only be traded if we are out of it and he asks Murray to trade him to a contender
c) Since I think we can all agree any team would love to have him, he calls his shot. If he wants to be traded, and only to Team X, then we take whatever we can get from that team for him, even a 7th rounder. He's earned the right to call his shot, and seeing him win a Cup would be worth far more than whatever we got in a trade for him.
d) Seeing him in any non-Sens jersey would make me want to cry in sadness, but seeing him win a Cup would make me cry far more (happy) tears, even if it wasn't with Ottawa.
e) He will retire a Sen, even if he is traded and then signs a 1-day contract with us.
f) If and when he wants to resume an off-ice career in hockey after he hangs 'em up, he calls his shot. Our owner has gone on record saying this.
This.

Tellmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:41 AM
SensFactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
i am a 28 yr old grown man. i didn't cry at my grandmother's funeral. i will sob like a girl if i see Alfie in another team's jersey
Definately This. He's not only our Captain...he's god to us as Sens Fans...

Now saying all that..if he was asked if he wants to go to a contender this year and then accepts, even reluctantly, as it would help the Sens in the long run, I would be upset, but i'd understand. If he retires next year...he will be coming back in some capacity back to the Sens organization

SensFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Spinkis

IF Ottawa is out of the playoff race and IF Alfie asking for a chance at the cup I'm suporting it 100%, he deserves it.( but he have to retire after the season )

Spinkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:53 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
The ball is in his court IMO. If he wants a shot at a Cup and we're out of the playoff picture then obviously Murray will try to do his best to accomodate him, but I can see him playing it out with the Sens.
Yep - it's up to Alfie. If he wants to go somewhere to win a Cup, the Sens organization owes it to him to give him that chance. Most Sens fans want to see Alfie retire a lifetime Senator, including me...but if Alfie wants to take a last shot at a Cup, he deserves that chance.

The Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:03 AM
sweranger

Would love to have him with the Rangers. But I don't think Sens will trade him.

But would a third rounder + Brady Skjei do it?

sweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:08 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweranger View Post
Would love to have him with the Rangers. But I don't think Sens will trade him.

But would a third rounder + Brady Skjei do it?

Are you even serious?

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

1st and conditional 3rd if we make it to the SCF?

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:48 AM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
I would welcome Alfie in Boston with open arms.

As much as I hate the bruins, that's exactly what I thought too. I think he'd be good wherever he goes, but especially to a team that plays a very physical game, and that wants to add some real elite offense on a top line.

In Vancouver would be nice, but for the aforementioned (is that how we say it? English's not my first language so...) reason, Boston seems like a better fit.

I doubt he's traded, but if it happens, Boston seems legit.

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:10 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
1st and conditional 3rd if we make it to the SCF?
I could see something like this. Would reunite him with Kelly, and although I never want to see Alfie in another uniform, I could stomach seeing him in a B's uni far more than a Canucks or Penguins uni.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:21 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Well then, you're entitled to your opinion.

I mean, it's completely wrong, and precedent shows a completely different picture, but I'll fight to the death for your right to have that absolutely false, 100% incorrect opinion.
Until it happens your opinion is as false as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Are you for real? Just look at the list posted on the previous page. If a team is desperate enough to give up a 2nd round pick for Chris Campoli or a 1st round pick for Gaustad, there are certainly teams that would give up a 1st for Alfie.
I can't see Vancouver do it, there is no desperation (as I stated, a desperate team might do it, but I doubt they are contenders if they are so desperate). A first is to valuable for a mere play-off rental 2nd liner (and some regular season games which will not mean much anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsedin View Post
booth+3rd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Canucks offer David Booth for Alfie , and he can re sign or go back to Ottawa in the off season. Its a fair deal to both teams

Both of these work.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
How is it fair? Looking at Booth's salary and production, he is no where close to being the player that would return Daniel Alfredsson. I am not a Sens fan so I am not sure whether they would consider this but I certainly would not.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:25 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Until it happens your opinion is as false as mine.

I can't see Vancouver do it, there is no desperation (as I stated, a desperate team might do it, but I doubt they are contenders if they are so desperate). A first is to valuable for a mere play-off rental 2nd liner (and some regular season games which will not mean much anyway).

Both of these work.
Gaustad was a THIRD liner, and returned a first. Alfie >>> Gaustad.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Gaustad was a THIRD liner, and returned a first. Alfie >>> Gaustad.
While I agree Booth is a terrible return. People are to casual is tossing out the Gaustad defense, neglecting proper context. Nashville openly overpaid hoping to build a stacked roster. It is unlikely that trend will continue and GMs will be sending huge offers for Alfredsson. That said, I do feel he warrants a first.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:45 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
While I agree Booth is a terrible return. People are to casual is tossing out the Gaustad defense, neglecting proper context. Nashville openly overpaid hoping to build a stacked roster. It is unlikely that trend will continue and GMs will be sending huge offers for Alfredsson. That said, I do feel he warrants a first.
What you say is definitely valid, and it WAS a weaker draft last year, but yeah, Alfie is on a whole other level from Gaustad, so a first is certainly warranted either way. That said, I don't think he will change his mind and ask to go to a contender, based on what he has said publicly.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:51 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

In some months Vancouver could get Sundin II, i.e. Alfredsson for just some cap space.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:57 PM
TieClark

I'll still boo him

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:39 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
i am a 28 yr old grown man. i didn't cry at my grandmother's funeral. i will sob like a girl if i see Alfie in another team's jersey
That sounds like ayou problem

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote