HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 01:33 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Let's not start the old mud slinging again.

Bingo fans are welcome to being antsy about losing almost their entire team minus the league MVP. But let's be reality, bingo still has the second most points in the entire league right now. They'll be okay. The Murrays are being active bringing in this Marshall fellow, Lebda and even this Gazley guy has been a nice surprise. Grant, DD and Gryba aren't going to be with the Sens for the rest of the year unless we run into way more injuries. Hoffman and Stone will return in a few weeks and we'll be bringing in some college guys like Sdao and maybe even Drieger.

Ottawa fans need to stop reminding Binghamton fans that their team is a farm team. It's insulting, they know exactly what to expect. We all want the same thing for Binghamton and that's Another Calder Cup. You know Ottawa will be sending all the bodies they can for another run once they're out.
Fantastic post, from the optimistic tone and positive outlook, clear through to the "let's be reality."

02-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:

Bingo fans are welcome to being antsy about losing almost their entire team minus the league MVP. But let's be reality, bingo still has the second most points in the entire league right now. They'll be okay. The Murrays are being active bringing in this Marshall fellow, Lebda and even this Gazley guy has been a nice surprise. Grant, DD and Gryba aren't going to be with the Sens for the rest of the year unless we run into way more injuries. Hoffman and Stone will return in a few weeks and we'll be bringing in some college guys like Sdao and maybe even Drieger.

Ottawa fans need to stop reminding Binghamton fans that their team is a farm team. It's insulting, they know exactly what to expect. We all want the same thing for Binghamton and that's Another Calder Cup. You know Ottawa will be sending all the bodies they can for another run once they're out.
I agree with most of what you said but Murray stated that Hoffman is basically out for the season and that Stone will be out another 4 weeks.

Old
02-15-2013, 06:26 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:

Well said.

Old
02-15-2013, 06:54 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I agree with most of what you said but Murray stated that Hoffman is basically out for the season and that Stone will be out another 4 weeks.
There's no way a broken clavicle will keep him out for the season. The projected 4-8 weeks makes sense. Its one of the most painful injuries you can get but the recovery isn't that long. I'm speaking from experience.

Old
02-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
There's no way a broken clavicle will keep him out for the season. The projected 4-8 weeks makes sense. Its one of the most painful injuries you can get but the recovery isn't that long. I'm speaking from experience.
That is what Murray said in the Karlsson injury press conference. I know Richardson said that both Stone and Hoffman's injuries were worse than the initial diagnosis. So I don't know, maybe Murray misspoke.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:00 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I don't know what that means - "league MVP" - but if you're referring to Lehner he's not going anywhere. Especially after tonight's fiasco.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Parker

New pickup Marshall was actually a bright spot tonight, I liked his game and how he pounded the Crunch player that committed the boarding in the first period.

Beyond that.. yikes.

Luckily the BSens are still in first for now and should be able to hang on long enough to back into the playoffs, at which point they can get some players back and make a run.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:14 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
I cried myself to sleep last night...

Old
02-16-2013, 11:26 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Ben Blood assigned to Bingo by Ottawa from Elmira...x

02/16/2013
Ben Blood (D)
Binghamton ADD
Reassigned by Ottawa (NHL)
from Elmira (ECHL)

Via AHL website...

Old
02-16-2013, 11:39 PM
BK201

Weird story a out bingo reporter making up quotes.

http://therinkreport.blogspot.ca/201...ts-27.html?m=1

Old
02-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Weird story a out bingo reporter making up quotes.

http://therinkreport.blogspot.ca/201...ts-27.html?m=1
That's old news, he effed up, we all know he's no Joy Lindsey..least of my worries concerning hockey right now here in Bingo..

Old
02-17-2013, 12:39 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
wow it really is 6 hours. Yet it's 3 hours to Ottawa from Syracuse.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:12 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
That's old news, he effed up, we all know he's no Joy Lindsey..least of my worries concerning hockey right now here in Bingo..
There wi be some forwards coming back soon for sure.

Regin is coming back this week and I think 9mm

Old
02-17-2013, 05:47 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
There wi be some forwards coming back soon for sure.

Regin is coming back this week and I think 9mm
People will get sick, injured, though. This is unfortunately the new harsh reality for B-Sens.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:40 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Now after playing last night they have to turn around and play at 3PM today.

I don't expect that to be pretty-but this should be the worst of it, they should get some players back for the next game.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
People will get sick, injured, though. This is unfortunately the new harsh reality for B-Sens.
SteffeG:

NEW I have been following hockey down here for 40 yrs now.

You are telling me callups are a new thing. Makes me wonder what transactions I have been following all this time are suddenly called NEW??????????

Hmmmm players get hurt another new thing that happens

Old
02-17-2013, 01:52 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

I'm streaming Bingo @ Albany in 8 mins

Old
02-17-2013, 02:45 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

It's unfortunate for both teams but opportunities for all of the players who are called up to both organizations to show their stuff. I thought that Gryba, DD & Grant all did well in thier first NHL game. Calling up players from Bingo is hurting Bingo in the standings & not helping Ottawa in their standings either yet. One would almost think that it might be better to at least allow one of the two teams to continue to do well but it just doesn't work that way & both organizations are suffering because of the injuries. IMO though the experience that all of these players are getting in the other organizations & leagues should help out the players & the organizations in the long run, it's good development although not wanted. Hopefully both teams stay in a playoff race right to the end & one can at least go on a playoff run.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
It's unfortunate for both teams but opportunities for all of the players who are called up to both organizations to show their stuff. I thought that Gryba, DD & Grant all did well in thier first NHL game. Calling up players from Bingo is hurting Bingo in the standings & not helping Ottawa in their standings either yet. One would almost think that it might be better to at least allow one of the two teams to continue to do well but it just doesn't work that way & both organizations are suffering because of the injuries. IMO though the experience that all of these players are getting in the other organizations & leagues should help out the players & the organizations in the long run, it's good development although not wanted. Hopefully both teams stay in a playoff race right to the end & one can at least go on a playoff run.
Its all injury related. Injuries concurrently affect both teams. You need to replace players in any sport of attrition. My goodness Bingo is borrowing players fro other teams. Just the way it works.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:26 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
Its all injury related. Injuries concurrently affect both teams. You need to replace players in any sport of attrition. My goodness Bingo is borrowing players fro other teams. Just the way it works.
Yea, Elmira is being effected too.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:22 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
SteffeG:

NEW I have been following hockey down here for 40 yrs now.

You are telling me callups are a new thing. Makes me wonder what transactions I have been following all this time are suddenly called NEW??????????

Hmmmm players get hurt another new thing that happens
New compared to the roster that started the year that won tons of games. Not a new concept, but I don't know if you've ever experienced a team losing thirteen players from the roster that started the year.

I don't think there's anyone stupid enough around here to not understand how this works, it's just a bit extreme this year.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:28 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Marc Cheverie (G) returned to Elmira...

02/20/2013
Marc Cheverie (G)
Binghamton DEL
Loaned to Elmira (ECHL)

Via AHL website...

Old
02-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
02/20/2013
Marc Cheverie (G)
Binghamton DEL
Loaned to Elmira (ECHL)

Via AHL website...
I guess Lawson didn't get a concussion..

Old
02-22-2013, 07:54 AM
tenpinsplit

this has become a comedy central special

Old
02-22-2013, 08:47 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

I know its not much but do you think Jakub Culek will join the team once his season is over?

Closed Thread