HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-ott

Old
02-17-2013, 06:06 AM
CarknerCountry

vCash: 500
Edm-ott

To Edm

Anderson

To Ott

Hemsky

Hemsky could be a core player for the Sens long term...Might have to throw in a mid level prospect or pick with Anderson.

Anderson gives the Oilers a legit #1 Goalie they been seeking...

CarknerCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:08 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Power Forward or Dman. All other proposals are useless to the Oilers.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Intense Rage

vCash: 50
So the Sens deal their goalie to increase their chances at getting McKinnon. Makes a lot of sense...

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:16 AM
zeus3007*

Dubnyk has been a top 10 goalie this year so far. No need to deal one of our better offensive producers for another goalie.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:20 AM
SenateReform

No from the Sens, we're not dealing our current best player.

SenateReform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:22 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

No

And Hemsky a power forward^

what the hell?

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:33 AM
SensFactor

To EDM
Anderson

To OTT
Eberle

Good?

SensFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:34 AM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

say what.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:34 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFactor View Post
To EDM
Anderson

To OTT
Eberle

Good?
Anderson and Zibanejad for Eberle

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:01 AM
haterbehatin

Quote:
To EDM
Anderson

To OTT
Eberle

Good?
Spezza for Corey Potter. Good?

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
This is horrible

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:05 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

There's nothing good in this thread so far...

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:22 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
We're not trading our #1 goaltender for a band-aid.

SixthSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:28 AM
oilinblood

I am not a Hemsky fan but outside of him there is ZERO real experience on our top 6. I am also not a big Dubie fan and wanted Anderson the year COL signed him and we thought KHABI was the better option. I went and tore up the OMB when we chose Khabi instead of Anderson.

However now is not the time to do any of this. There are issues with Hemsky but mostly it stems from the fact that no one in our top 6 is BIG and none are defensive gems with top 6 offensive touch. IN other words Hemsky is yet another triangular peg when we would ra\ther have options... but he is the one with experience. If he is healthy, which he seems to be, than his skill and experience IN THIS LINEUP is EXTREMELY valuable.
Another problem with Hemsky is he is a position snob and uncomfortable playing from the left. This is desite the fact he almost ALWAYs seems to score from a shot off his wrong side or wheels around the whole zone to cut to the net from left of centre. (tonight no exception to the norm)It blows my mind how he feels uncomfortable on the left at the lineup. This is an issue because Yaks open hand/wrong side is where he is most dangerous so Hemsky is derailing that. In the history of Hemsky the only 2 wingers i have witnessed to instinctively understand Hemmers ROVER mindset are Samsonov (who would rover in response) and Jagr (who has always rovered). Its mind blowlingly annoying.

Again, not a hemsky fan at all but he is what he is. TO send him off to get a older goaltender doesnt make sense. No knock on Anderson but if THE OILERS, and their core, are going to make trades its for a Johnny Boychuk (tough minute munching RHD), and a savvy vet bottom 6 grinder with size. If they make a move for goalie DUbs is out and the next guy is handed the next decade of oiler hockey. Think of CUJO when he came over. The oilers wont pick up a goalie for just a year or two. And the ieces the Oilers would be moving would mostly be futures. Arm chair GMs can sit and think up what they want but the Oil arent likely to deal Gagner (5 years invested and looking his best and strongest FINALLY and anchoring a line that leaves him as the only defensive conscience), Hemsky or Smyth...and forget Horcoff or Belanger lol. The Oilers will be dealing from the prospect pool and picks.

I do think the Oilers will make some trades this year but it might be another month before other teams know what they are doing. Oilers SHOULD BE buyers PERIOD. Whether we are in the top 8 or out we should be looking to ppick up pieces. This is also the year where i feel we can deal our top pick to a team for an asset we like now, an asset that has shown how he can perform in the league already at the very least OR- better yet - a player that excels in a role we badly need filled.
Right now with the poise of J Schultz i would love to see J Boychuk join him on the right--even if it cost us Petry's upside in exchange.

Also i dont believe we will be trading Smyth. Ive not been a fan of him since the contract squabble of years ago but if he can quit taking bad penalties than he is a great 3rd liner who IMHO works good with Horcs.

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-17-2013 at 08:44 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:29 AM
ResilientBeast
MLFH Edmonton Titans

vCash: 1170
Quote:
To EDM
Anderson

To OTT
Eberle

Good?
You made the trade worse.

ResilientBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp

Here you want a civil Ottawa EDM proposal , when you put both teams needs it goes better http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1352549

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:36 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
I am not a Hemsky fan but outside of him there is ZERO real experience on our top 6. I am also not a big Dubie fan and wanted Anderson the year COL signed him and we thought KHABI was the better option. I went and tore up the OMB when we chose Khabi instead of Anderson.

However now is not the time to do any of this. There are issues with Hemsky but mostly it stems from the fact that no one in our top 6 is BIG and none are defensive gems with top 6 offensive touch. IN other words Hemsky is yet another triangular peg when we would ra\ther have options... but he is the one with experience. If he is healthy, which he seems to be, than his skill and experience IN THIS LINEUP is EXTREMELY valuable.

Again, not a hemsky fan at all but he is what he is. TO send him off to get a older goaltender doesnt make sense. No knock on Anderson but if THE OILERS, and their core, are going to make trades its for a Johnny Boychuk (tough minute munching RHD), and a savvy vet bottom 6 grinder with size. If they make a move for goalie DUbs is out and the next guy is handed the next decade of oiler hockey. Think of CUJO when he came over. The oilers wont pick up a goalie for just a year or two.

I do think the Oilers will make some trades this year but it might be another month before other teams know what they are doing. Oilers SHOULD BE buyers PERIOD. Whether we are in the top 8 or out we should be looking to ppick up pieces. This is also the year where i feel we can deal our top pick to a team for an asset we like now, an asset that has shown how he can perform in the league already at the very least OR- better yet - a player that excels in a role we badly need filled.
Right now with the poise of J Schultz i would love to see J Boychuk join him on the right--even if it cost us Petry's upside in exchange.
I don't want to comment on the rest of this post, I just wanted to point out that Craig Anderson is only 31 years old. For a goalie, that's still very reasonable. Many goalies can play until their very late 30's without seeing any decline in skill or effectiveness. 31 for a goalie is like 26 or 27 for a skater.

In any case, carry on. I just wanted to address that one point.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:56 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I don't want to comment on the rest of this post, I just wanted to point out that Craig Anderson is only 31 years old. For a goalie, that's still very reasonable. Many goalies can play until their very late 30's without seeing any decline in skill or effectiveness. 31 for a goalie is like 26 or 27 for a skater.

In any case, carry on. I just wanted to address that one point.
I wasnt saying he is over the hill. He is only 31 AND much like Roli I consider him a late bloomer so he doesnt have the miles on him that some 31 year old goalies have. I just dont think he would be the guy for the Oilers.

In my mind i keep thinking that some team this season is going to toss a top goalie and we need to be ready. It happens 3 times out of 30 teams every summer, it seems. Also despite the fact i am not a fan of Dubie i would say his issues are minimal and when he controls his rebounds and is sharp in reading plays and feels the puck he is very good. On one hand i am happy to have Dubie and I am ok with the learning curve, on the other hand i would really like a smaller goalie who was just more aggressive/battler like cujo was. Cujo wouldnt just think he had a puck and search around with his glove... he would flop on that uck like diving on a grenade to protect his troops. All out all the time.

--I am hoping FLA gets its wish and grabs luongo which ties up #1 for the decade and Markstrom has got to be moved at that point.

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-17-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old
02-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
Not even close.

Dubnyk isn't even as good as Anderson. Oilers need a consistent goalie.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:04 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Not even close.

Dubnyk isn't even as good as Anderson. Oilers need a consistent goalie.
i see alot of Anderson --via his time with the Panthers -- in current DoobieDubieDoo. Dubes though has alot less feeling for where pucks are on him it seems. Its ****** annoying

Old
02-17-2013, 09:09 AM
dj33habs

Anderson will come down to earth in the next 10 games, oilers should just keep Dubnyk , maybe get him some defence would be nice

dj33habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:14 AM
hockeyviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post
So the Sens deal their goalie to increase their chances at getting McKinnon. Makes a lot of sense...
it worked when we got Landeskog

hockeyviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:23 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
To Edm

Anderson

To Ott

Hemsky

Hemsky could be a core player for the Sens long term...Might have to throw in a mid level prospect or pick with Anderson.

Anderson gives the Oilers a legit #1 Goalie they been seeking...
Andy is the best goalie in the league this year.
With Spezz and Karlsson out especially, Andy is far and away our best player.
Hemsky is the best player on IR every year.

**** no from Ottawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post
Hmm, I like it. Tank like the Oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
That's not even close to the proposal you sarcastically responded to.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Greeningfan14

Typical CC

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:31 AM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Why would ottawa do this?