HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Crosby for Seguin, Hamilton, Krejci

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
Crosby for Seguin, Hamilton, Krejci

Forget Crosby's marketability and lets talk strictly on what brings the Pens closer to a cup now, and over the next 6 years.

To The Bruins:
Crosby

To the Pens:
TYLER SEGUIN
DOUGIE HAMILTON
DAVID KREJCI

A) Would this trade help or hurt the Penguins product on the ice now, and over the next 6 years?
B) From a value POV, is this a good trade for either team? If not, what's missing?

Old
02-17-2013, 08:21 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Boston has had it's share of heartache with concussions. I don't think they wanna give up their two future franchise potential players to take on a player who may have one of the worst cap hits (He's worth the money I'm speaking in terms of how Boston would have to restructure how they were built to accommodate him) when the salary cap goes down and has a history of severe concussions.

The value seems like it's there, although I wouldn't blame Pens fans for wanting more and I certainly don't blame my fellow Bruins fans who are with me in saying "thanks but no thanks."

Old
02-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Boston has had it's share of heartache with concussions. I don't think they wanna give up their two future franchise potential players to take on a player who may have one of the worst cap hits when the salary cap goes down and has a history of severe concussions.

The value seems like it's there, although I wouldn't blame Pens fans for wanting more and I certainly don't blame my fellow Bruins fans who are with me in saying "thanks but no thanks."
Definitely understandable. It's also pretty crazy that the Bruins would shy away from trading three players who have never been a PPG for a player whose won almost every piece of hardware in his sport. However, I do like your reasoning. I think it comes down to Depth vs. Top end talent. I personally think it would make the bruins better assuming he stays healthy which is a big if. As for the Pens, In my mind it's a toss-up but I'll let other people chime in.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:26 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Forget Crosby's marketability and lets talk strictly on what brings the Pens closer to a cup now, and over the next 6 years.

To The Bruins:
Crosby

To the Pens:
TYLER SEGUIN
DOUGIE HAMILTON
DAVID KREJCI

A) Would this trade help or hurt the Penguins product on the ice now, and over the next 6 years?
B) From a value POV, is this a good trade for either team? If not, what's missing?
It's not just about winning the cup. Crosby sells tickets. He will be there until he retires. A trade like that wouldn't be good for either team.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Adam Spylo

Quote:

To The Bruins:
Crosby

To the Pens:
TYLER SEGUIN
DOUGIE HAMILTON
DAVID KREJCI

Where's Marchand in your proposal? You mentioned him in your title.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
It's not just about winning the cup. Crosby sells tickets. He will be there until he retires. A trade like that wouldn't be good for either team.
First sentence in this thread - "Forget Crosby's marketability"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
Where's Marchand in your proposal? You mentioned him in your title.
I felt adding in Marchand was too much value and pivoted back on that. I'll fix the tittle.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Sour Shoes
lol u mad cam?

Quote:

To The Bruins:
Crosby

To the Pens:
TYLER SEGUIN
DOUGIE HAMILTON
DAVID KREJCI

non-starter.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:59 AM
wolffy66

If I'm Ray Shero I wouldn't accept virtually any trade for Crosby becuz its a great way to get ran out of Pittsburgh. Anything short of stanley cups and its gonna be bad as people will say "what if" forever. You keep him, nobody is gonna blame you for that. So basically its never gonna happen nor should it.

As far as value, you always lose when you trade the best player in the world unless its just a comical overpayment which this offer isnt.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Losveratos

Also... I think most teams beat that offer in 5 seconds if it was shopped around as being considered.

If I was the TML GM, I would offer up way more than this to get him in a Toronto Jersey.

Maybe a first or two... kessel, gardiner, rielly, frattin... etc. Pretty much whatever the Pens wanted if they could take the contract count and salary cap. How many times can you trade for the best player in the game?

I would probably also offer a similar package for Malkin.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:22 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

1. Crosby is not available
2. No team in the league would give up the assets it would cost to get Crosby.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:30 AM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
1. Crosby is not available
2. No team in the league would give up the assets it would cost to get Crosby.
This.

Not a chance I accept that if I have Crosby, even on a bottom feeder

Old
02-17-2013, 09:38 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Boston gets *****.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:18 AM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losveratos View Post
Also... I think most teams beat that offer in 5 seconds if it was shopped around as being considered.

If I was the TML GM, I would offer up way more than this to get him in a Toronto Jersey.

Maybe a first or two... kessel, gardiner, rielly, frattin... etc. Pretty much whatever the Pens wanted if they could take the contract count and salary cap. How many times can you trade for the best player in the game?

I would probably also offer a similar package for Malkin.
That TO package doesn't beat the OP.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Garfinkel1

Every single person in this thread has yet to answer the primary question in this thread so i'll ask again...

Old
02-17-2013, 10:21 AM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Every single person in this thread has yet to answer the primary question in this thread so i'll ask again...
It's not an important question. Could ask the same with Kessel, Phaneuf, and Lupul.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Dick Sledge
The Tactleneck

Quote:

In a way they have.

By saying no.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Ugene Malkin
****!

Quote:

Simple answer, Yes

Long answer, Yeeeessssssssssssssssssss.

I would want Bostons entire first line of Lucic, Krejci, Horton plus 2 1sts and then factor his being the face of your team now and the league, how much is that worth to you in roster players, prospects, and picks? If they could still trade money we're talking hundreds of millions the Pens loose out on over Crosby's contract.

Reasoning: The Pens are built around Crosby and the fact he's able to do more with less, more moves would be required.

Last edited by Ugene Malkin: 02-17-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old
02-17-2013, 10:35 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffy66 View Post
If I'm Ray Shero I wouldn't accept virtually any trade for Crosby becuz its a great way to get ran out of Pittsburgh. Anything short of stanley cups and its gonna be bad as people will say "what if" forever. You keep him, nobody is gonna blame you for that. So basically its never gonna happen nor should it.

As far as value, you always lose when you trade the best player in the world unless its just a comical overpayment which this offer isnt.
Really ? Crosby is NOT the player he was before his headaches and never will be. Bruins will and are better with the players we have. Crosby can stay in Pitt with Mario they are a perfect match.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:41 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Any trade for Crosby has to include Cooke to reduce the chance Crosby won't get seriously injured when he plays against the Penguins.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:44 AM
hadrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Really ? Crosby is NOT the player he was before his headaches and never will be. Bruins will and are better with the players we have. Crosby can stay in Pitt with Mario they are a perfect match.
The **** are you so mad about?

Anyway, I'm sure everyone can agree on a "no."

Old
02-17-2013, 10:49 AM
tony d
The man

Sidney Crosby will never ever be traded.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
Old
02-17-2013, 10:58 AM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Sidney Crosby will never ever be traded.
I disagree, not in the near future, but him getting traded is likely in some part of his career in my opinion.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Ugene Malkin
****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Maybe you should check out the stats page, or unless you're referring to his demeanor.

He plays fast, he still gets into checks and stuff around the boards, he can still score, and hasn't lost his hand eye coordination apparently with his tip of a hard slap shot for a goal. What has he lost other than trying to bust through everyone that he use to do, but hasn't done it as much well before the injury?

We'll gladly keep him.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:00 AM
The Saurus

The Penguins quite easily say no to the proposal in the OP.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Halpysback

It's amazing how hard it is for people to read the OP.

And now, from a strictly on ice perspective this probably isn't enough. If Lucic is added then might be.

Closed Thread