HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to make Moves?? (Post trade proposals & rumors here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 11:30 AM
islandermaniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Lol lets not get crazy. It would be Hamonic+ for Backstrom. For alzner it would be alzner+ though.
the backstrom in the nhl today is not the same guy from a couple of years ago. i don't know what has happened to him, but he is nowhere even close to the superstar that he was.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:37 AM
piotrt82

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
the backstrom in the nhl today is not the same guy from a couple of years ago. i don't know what has happened to him, but he is nowhere even close to the superstar that he was.
Cmon, hes had 11 points in 14 games so far and only his first few games were off his balance...

Old
02-16-2013, 12:06 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrt82 View Post
Cmon, hes had 11 points in 14 games so far and only his first few games were off his balance...
so you are going to tell me that you enjoy watching the backstrom of today play rather than the backstrom of a couple of years ago? he is currently NOT the same player. that's all i said. i didn't bash him.

anyway, this thread should actually return to something resembling reality as backstrom isn't being traded by the caps and hamonic isn't being traded by the islanders.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:48 PM
A Pointed Stick
W.W.J.C.D?

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrt82 View Post
Sounds pretty fair, would Alzner + 2nd or maybe Galiev do it?
No, because:
- The team that gets the best player in a fair value trade wins.
- He is a future top pair player. You don't move those for anything but a crazy overpayment unless you are a brain dead sea slug, or your name is Mike Milbury.
- You are in our division, so helping you hurts us.

Alzner, Forsberg, and your first this year. Unfair and insane? Yes, but that's what you'd have to pay.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:50 PM
piotrt82

Quote:
so you are going to tell me that you enjoy watching the backstrom of today play rather than the backstrom of a couple of years ago? he is currently NOT the same player. that's all i said. i didn't bash him.

anyway, this thread should actually return to something resembling reality as backstrom isn't being traded by the caps and hamonic isn't being traded by the islanders.
That being said youre right...
But i guess he will return to his form!

Nevertheless, thanks for your answers/opinions!

Old
02-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Tavaresfan91

Nelson, Okposo, 1st for ROR. I think if we can get him then the 1st will be mid teens as we will be a playoff team. You think it would take more that that to get him or is he worth more. He reminds me of Peca and that intrigues me.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Tavaresfan91

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/col130212.html

My above post reflects on this article from thefourthperiod.com which says we're amount teams interested in ROR. I don't know how reliable this source is so sorry if its not

Old
02-17-2013, 07:51 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Be nice to get him. Maybe sign hi in the middlelike 4.25 or 4.5. Heard Avs were offing 3.75 and he wants 5-6 million for 5-6 years. maybe sign himto 4? Split the differemnce between 5 and 3.75. Give him a yr deal. Player from roster? Grabner? Bailey? KO? Prospect? Not sure what they need, but maybe Donovan? Would you guys do it if they asked for Reinhart?

Down the middle would look pretty good.
JT
ROR
Nielsen

strome on Jt's wing. Bailey on ROR wing oe Nielsen's wing. Think his gae is better suited as a winger.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:54 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Nelson, Okposo, 1st for ROR. I think if we can get him then the 1st will be mid teens as we will be a playoff team. You think it would take more that that to get him or is he worth more. He reminds me of Peca and that intrigues me.
where i would trade most current islanders and islander prospects for o'reilly, i would not trade the first given that the nyi have a chance to land mackinnon or jones with it.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Tavaresfan91

Quote:
where i would trade most current islanders and islander prospects for o'reilly, i would not trade the first given that the nyi have a chance to land mackinnon or jones with it.
You gotta think isles make playoffs if they add this guy right? Wouldn't that pick be high teens then?

Old
02-17-2013, 09:01 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Crazy talk, ROR is overrated it's ridiculous.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:06 AM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Absolutely no way ROR is worth that much. Okposo is only two years older and has more points than ROR and has scored more than 20 goals in his career. Albeit once, the kid has done more in his career IMO than ROR.

Thus, Okposo, a mid level spec an maybe this years third and next years second is all I would give up.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:15 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
Absolutely no way ROR is worth that much. Okposo is only two years older and has more points than ROR and has scored more than 20 goals in his career. Albeit once, the kid has done more in his career IMO than ROR.

Thus, Okposo, a mid level spec an maybe this years third and next years second is all I would give up.
i take o'reilly hands down over kyle monday through saturday and twice on sundays.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:16 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Crazy talk, ROR is overrated it's ridiculous.
wait until he's in a ranger uniform...you won't be saying that.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:17 AM
SI

According to the hot stove - they are asking for kings ransom and Ol' Glen Healey suggested that they aren't being realistic, because of the possibility of an offer sheet.

The idea of JT and ROR (both 22 years old) that is Yzerman - Federov/Sakic-Forsberg POTENTIAL. ROR has more to prove than JT, but IMHO I think he can be that special.

My offers starts with Nino (I'd prefer to hold onto Nelson (I'd prioritize C's and skating ability- Nino is also considered the better prospect.) and then followed by Okposo or Grabner. I would try to hold onto Grabner over Okposo, but I won't let him to stand in the way of a deal. That might be enough to get a deal done.

A top 6 of MM- JT-BB, MG-ROR-FN.

Avalanche may ask for Matt Donovan as well to sure up some uncertainties on their blueline, but something would have to come back the other way. I don't want to give up Donovan, but I won't let him stand in the way of a deal.

*I am skeptical of Garth pulling off such a deal until we move to Brooklyn or have more solid ownership in place.

Last edited by SI: 02-17-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old
02-17-2013, 09:19 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
That was the package I was thinking, except instead of the 1st I'd probably offer one of our B-level defense prospects. That original package would be way too much to pay.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:20 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI View Post
According to the hot stove - they are asking for kings ransom and Ol' Glen Healey suggested that they aren't being realistic, because of the possibility of an offer sheet.

The idea of JT and ROR (both 22 years old) that is Yzerman - Federov/Sakic-Forsberg POTENTIAL. ROR has more to prove than JT, but IMHO I think he can be that special.

My offers starts with Nino (I'd prefer to hold onto Nelson (I'd prioritize C's and skating ability- Nino is also considered the better prospect.) and then followed by Okposo or Grabner. I would try to hold onto Grabner over Okposo, but I won't let him to stand in the way of a deal. That might be enough to get a deal done.

Avalanche may ask for Matt Donovan as well to sure up some uncertainties on their blueline, but something would have to come back the other way. I don't want to give up Donovan, but I won't let him stand in the way of a deal.

*I am skeptical of a deal happening between these teams until we move to Brooklyn or have more solid ownership in place.
Matt Donovan goes no where. He wil be a full time member on this defense very soon. Absolutely not do I trade him. Donovan goes, I better see Ryan Getzlaf coming the other way. YOu get my point.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:22 AM
SI

ROR not overrated... just underappreciated

Old
02-17-2013, 09:26 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
You gotta think isles make playoffs if they add this guy right? Wouldn't that pick be high teens then?
not sure...but i certainly agree that the isles become a much better team with a middle of tavares-o'reilly-nielsen-cizikas rather than tavares-nielsen-aucoin-cizikas.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:30 AM
SI

Quote:
Matt Donovan goes no where. He wil be a full time member on this defense very soon. Absolutely not do I trade him. Donovan goes, I better see Ryan Getzlaf coming the other way. YOu get my point.

I get your point - In your opinion Donovan is untouchable.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:44 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI View Post

*I am skeptical of a deal happening between these teams until we move to Brooklyn or have more solid ownership in place.
i DON'T agree that tavares and o'reilly can become sakic and forsberg or yzerman and fedorov. while jt has the talent to become a super star like those four, i don't believe that o'reilly does. that being said, i can certainly see him becoming a mike peca and some have suggested mike richards upside. peca and richards were/are excellent players, just not super stars.

i DO agree with your trade offer and the fact that our piece of crap owner doesn't care to improve the team.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:48 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
donovan goes nowhere? depending on the package being sent, i send him to colorado for o'reilly in an instant. you don't pull that trigger, but you send him to the ducks for soon to be ufa ryan getzlaf? yikes!

Old
02-17-2013, 09:57 AM
19NYSports91

O'Reilly never even scored more than 20 goals in Junior or NHL, why would we give up Nelson, Okposo, and a 1st round pick for him. Nelson could be better than him btw. Also, he's asking for way too much money.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:09 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
O'Reilly never even scored more than 20 goals in Junior or NHL, why would we give up Nelson, Okposo, and a 1st round pick for him. Nelson could be better than him btw. Also, he's asking for way too much money.
so what do you offer?

Old
02-17-2013, 10:17 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
so what do you offer?
I would not include a 1st round pick thats for sure.

Closed Thread