HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Dunkin Donuts - DID NOT GET MY RECEIPT - extremely DISSATISFIED

Old
02-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
Mindset of someone truly committed to getting healthier.

At least 2 dozen donuts isn't 5 dozen.

50% reduction in his donut intake

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:32 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
We need sheryl to do an AMA

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:16 AM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident View Post
I've said this before and I'd like this to be the last time I have to say it...I wouldn't mind paying the extra 40 cents (or in ix's case 4 dollars) but:

a) she would not refund the money to my debit card so I would have to pay for 2 extra "special items". So, the 2 donuts that I thought would be included in my half-dozen would now make 8 and I would have to pay the extra instead of just making it a half dozen.

b) granted this whole "specialty item" business is ridiculous but suppose I decided to agree and pay the upcharge. There is no way I could have added it to the total as I had already paid for the 1/2 dozen and she wouldn't have been able to charge me for the additional cost - whatever it was (it wasn't documented on the menu).

c) I go back to stating this is about the principal, not the money. A lot of you say "just pay the extra $$$". Well, I would counter by saying the multi million dollar corporation DD can spare a few cents and cover the cost of the fritter and consider them a donut. We're only talking about two bleeping doughnuts for god's sake! Would that really have made a huge dent in DD's budget?
About the principal? All I'm hearing is a grown man saw an opportunity to give a teenager grief so he seized it. At the end of the day, you exploited her lack of experience (because like you said, she looks like she's 16), pressured her in front of other clients to give you something that costs more then a donut at the cost of a cheap donut. A coffee roll is not a donut, in what universe does roll=donut? If it was a donut, they would call it a coffee donut... Make sense?

Dunkin Donuts is in the wrong for not being able to refund you the money but a reasonable man would recognize that harassing her is not going to get you what you want but you did it anyways. Her manager's not there, that means there's an override code to get you that refund on the register. You saw an opportunity to act like a big shot and make another human being feel small and thats why you did it. Even if you threatened her, you still wouldn't have gotten that money. Doesn't make sense to continue arguing does it? Even if she were capable of getting that refund for you, if she needs her boss' authorization to do it, what makes you think she will risk getting fired so you can get your precious fritter? Do you think its reasonable for another person to lose their job so you can save an extra 30 cents?

And then you come on here and brag about it? Are we supposed to think that you are some sort of "victim" because she won't sell you something that's clearly not a donut at a donut's price..? By the way, in case you haven't noticed... You're at Dunkin Donuts, are you expecting valet service too? Bums use these places for shelter in the winter.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Gustav Nyquist
#FireHolland

I possibly found Sheryl's FB, waiting for an answer.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:25 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I sincerely doubt the customers were angry at me. I'm not the one who made up the ad-hoc rule that fritters and coffee rolls are "special items". I'm going to the gym in the morning (yes seriously) in Syracuse and then on the way home I'm going to stop in Caz and speak to the manager at DD. I'll be streaming live on my ustream channel to get this whole thing sorted out.
Nuff said.

If you're going to take it that far because of something so frivolous, you sound to me like a person that would shoot another human being over petty cash. Seek help, please.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:26 AM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnkrok View Post
I possibly found Sheryl's FB, waiting for an answer.
Chat.

Hugh Mann* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Well, considering "other perspective threads" are frowned upon here, it's best Sheryl doesn't make an appearance.
is there any particular reason for this?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:47 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
is there any particular reason for this?
People were going overboard with them for awhile.

Someone would post a thread like this
Then someone would post a thread as Sheryl
Then someone would post a thread as anther customer
Then some idiot would post a thread as a doughnut

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:51 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I used to deal with jagoffs like the OP all the time when I was at McDonald's. Needless to say, the customers were pissed at you for two reasons

1) Wasting their time
2) Being a total dick

I can guarantee you the next conversation Cheryl had after suffering through your tirade was the person behind you apologizing on your behalf for being such a tool.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:57 AM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Most people I know who smoke regularly are unemployed. So this doesn't surprise me. Never gonna touch that ****.
Don't ever visit Washington or Colorado in the US then...They just legalized marijuana....And the people that smoke it are vampires, and will chase you in the middle of the night until they track you down....Then they will suck all of your blood.

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:15 AM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

vCash: 200
Quote:

c) I go back to stating this is about the principal, not the money. A lot of you say "just pay the extra $$$". Well, I would counter by saying the multi million dollar corporation DD can spare a few cents and cover the cost of the fritter and consider them a donut. We're only talking about two bleeping doughnuts for god's sake! Would that really have made a huge dent in DD's budget?
I work at a bar, and I cannot stand when customers insinuate that the owner has over-priced drinks, that the owner only pays X.xx for a bottle of liquor, and sells it for X.xx....That it should only cost X.xx instead.....Who are you to say what the prices at a business should be ?

People like you are ridiculous....You have absolutely no idea what it takes to run a business.....So basically you are saying that they should cut you a 40 cent break cause they are a large company....Well I am assuming you are saying that you are not a special person or customer that deserves this, and that since you will be getting a break that everyone else that walks through the door should get a break too.....Why not just barter prices then right ? That will hold up the line even longer while customer, and server argue over what the price should be....

Or how about....When ever a customer feels like it they should get a free cookie when they want one...Why not, right ? I mean come on that cookie could not have costed DD more than 25 cents...What's the big deal.....

Why don't you open a business, and we will all come there....List your prices, then we, the customers, will come and tell you what we will pay because you should just give some stuff away cause it can't cost that much to you....

I AM SO TIRED OF FRIGGIN' IGNORANT PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY AND BUSINESSES !!!!

If you don't want to pay what the business has for a listed price....Here's some advice : DON'T BUY IT !!!

BUT DO NOT CLAIM THAT THE BUSINESS OWES YOU SOMETHING FOR FREE, OR SHOULD GIVE YOU A DEAL !!! THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS !!!!

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

I like how he insists he was right all along. "But...but DoomMF said so!"

Even though DoomMF later recanted his remarks and said OP was an idiot

We have been harsh on him...because he was harsh to the cashier. You get all the mocking and abuse you deserve. You are a terrible person for what you did.

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:21 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I love how you think the customers behind you were mad at her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Who thinks fritters and coffee rolls are donuts? They are fritters and coffee rolls. You ordered six donuts, not six pastries. And the people in line weren't annoyed at Sheryl. They were annoyed at you...as they should have been.

I love how self-righteous OP was about the situation. Fritters aren't donuts; I don't know about Dunkin Donuts but every neighborhood shop I've ever been to the fritters are usually substantially more expensive than donuts.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Also informed that Korea has Kimchii donuts. Not sure if want.

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
I like how he insists he was right all along. "But...but DoomMF said so!"

Even though DoomMF later recanted his remarks and said OP was an idiot

We have been harsh on him...because he was harsh to the cashier. You get all the mocking and abuse you deserve. You are a terrible person for what you did.
As long as all comments are keep in..................moderation.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
About the principal? All I'm hearing is a grown man saw an opportunity to give a teenager grief so he seized it. At the end of the day, you exploited her lack of experience (because like you said, she looks like she's 16), pressured her in front of other clients to give you something that costs more then a donut at the cost of a cheap donut. A coffee roll is not a donut, in what universe does roll=donut? If it was a donut, they would call it a coffee donut... Make sense?

Dunkin Donuts is in the wrong for not being able to refund you the money but a reasonable man would recognize that harassing her is not going to get you what you want but you did it anyways. Her manager's not there, that means there's an override code to get you that refund on the register. You saw an opportunity to act like a big shot and make another human being feel small and thats why you did it. Even if you threatened her, you still wouldn't have gotten that money. Doesn't make sense to continue arguing does it? Even if she were capable of getting that refund for you, if she needs her boss' authorization to do it, what makes you think she will risk getting fired so you can get your precious fritter? Do you think its reasonable for another person to lose their job so you can save an extra 30 cents?

And then you come on here and brag about it? Are we supposed to think that you are some sort of "victim" because she won't sell you something that's clearly not a donut at a donut's price..? By the way, in case you haven't noticed... You're at Dunkin Donuts, are you expecting valet service too? Bums use these places for shelter in the winter.

02-17-2013, 09:38 AM
BPR*

It doesn't even matter if he was right. He could have been arguing for heliocentrism, but he still would have been a petulant *******.

BPR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
I work at a bar, and I cannot stand when customers insinuate that the owner has over-priced drinks, that the owner only pays X.xx for a bottle of liquor, and sells it for X.xx....That it should only cost X.xx instead.....Who are you to say what the prices at a business should be ?

People like you are ridiculous....You have absolutely no idea what it takes to run a business.....So basically you are saying that they should cut you a 40 cent break cause they are a large company....Well I am assuming you are saying that you are not a special person or customer that deserves this, and that since you will be getting a break that everyone else that walks through the door should get a break too.....Why not just barter prices then right ? That will hold up the line even longer while customer, and server argue over what the price should be....

Or how about....When ever a customer feels like it they should get a free cookie when they want one...Why not, right ? I mean come on that cookie could not have costed DD more than 25 cents...What's the big deal.....

Why don't you open a business, and we will all come there....List your prices, then we, the customers, will come and tell you what we will pay because you should just give some stuff away cause it can't cost that much to you....

I AM SO TIRED OF FRIGGIN' IGNORANT PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY AND BUSINESSES !!!!

If you don't want to pay what the business has for a listed price....Here's some advice : DON'T BUY IT !!!

BUT DO NOT CLAIM THAT THE BUSINESS OWES YOU SOMETHING FOR FREE, OR SHOULD GIVE YOU A DEAL !!! THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS !!!!

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Whats special about DD fritters? Tim Horton's considers it a doughnut.

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
Whats special about DD fritters? Tim Horton's considers it a doughnut.
They've priced them differently. That's what's special.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:50 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
Whats special about DD fritters?
well, for one, they're bigger than d fritters.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Maindot's time here all went to hell when he changed his username....... I suspect Sens fans would blame Matt Cooke for that too.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:00 AM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
Good Lord.

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Gustav Nyquist
#FireHolland