HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XV: Rielly Wins WHL Eastern Conf. Dman of the Year

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2012, 10:09 PM
  #1
81
#Chychrun2016
 
81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,891
vCash: 262
12-13' Prospects Thread Version XV: Rielly Wins WHL Eastern Conf. Dman of the Year

Toronto Maple Leafs 2012/2013 Prospects

Player
Team
Position
GP
Goals
Assists
Points
+/-
PIM
CHL        
Tyler BiggsOSHRW602627531155
David Broll "A"SSMLW67173754277
Connor Brown "C"ERIERW63284169-1139
Matthew Finn "C"GUED41112031224
Joshua Leivo (traded to Kitchener)"A"SBY/KITLW632944732052
Stuart Percy "C"MISSD68133245-844
Morgan Rielly "A"MJWD60124254-819
Ryan RupertLDNC541135461775
NCAA        
Tony CameranesiUMDC28121325222
Max Everson (to USHL)HVUD701114
Eric KnodelUNHD257411106
Andrew MacWilliam "C"UNDD29178889
Dennis Robertson "C"BUD2211213342
Europe        
Petter GranbergSKED400012
Leo Komarov (to Leafs)DMLW624618
Viktor LöövSSKD32257-141
Juraj MikúšPRHAD27235512
Marcel MüllerMODOLW4481422234
Tom NilssonMORAD34123-1216
USHL        
Max EversonOLD16145-18
Dominic ToninatoFFC572738652640
AHL        
Spencer AbbottTORC459182768
Carter AshtonTORRW5311819567
Jesse BlackerTORD513710-331
Sam CarrickTORC6011014
Joe ColborneTORC611227391051
Andrew CrescenziTORC15112-117
Jerry D'AmigoTORLW57121022436
Jame DevaneTORLW11112131
Matt Frattin (to Leafs)"A"TORRW219817714
Jake Gardiner (to Leafs)TORD43102131112
Simon GysbersTORD4941216428
Ryan Hamilton (to Leafs)"C"TORLW56301848331
Korbinian HolzerTORD35189930
Nazem Kadri (to Leafs)TORC2671825426
Mike Kostka (to Leafs)TORD3362834838
Leo Komarov (to Leafs)TORLW14639722
Ryan LaschTOR/NORRW2124606
Kevin MarshallTOR/HERD582791579
Greg McKeggTORLW35639-34
Brad RossTORLW26516418
Morgan RiellyTORD3101-10
Kenny RyanTORRW457916429
Greg ScottTORRW5671421835
Dylan YeoTORD3421315248
ECHL        
Tyler Brenner"A"BAK/TOLC3491322-915
Sam Carrick (to Marlies)IDHC451518331366
Andrew Crescenzi (to Marlies)SFBC2331114228
Jamie Devane (to Marlies)SFBLW12101-545


Toronto Maple Leafs 2012/2013 Goalie Prospects

Player
Team
GP
Wins
Losses
OTL
SV%
GAA
SO
CHL        
Garret SparksGUE60361740.917%2.657
AHL        
Ben Scrivens (to Leafs)TOR2214710.917%2.222
Jussi RynnasTOR2010910.907%2.613
Mark Owuya (to ECHL)TOR104410.882%3.240
ECHL        
Mark OwuyaLV/REA7430.934%1.970

*NOT ALL MARLIES ARE LISTED*
Leafs draft history
College stats


Radio

Morgan Rielly
http://www.country100fm.com/

Tyler Biggs
http://oshawagenerals.com/schedule/l...zone/0/team/11

Matt Finn
http://www.cjoy.com

Connor Brown
http://www.ottershockey.com/page/listen_live

David Broll
http://www.soogreyhounds.com/page/radio-broadcast

Josh Leivo
http://www.sudburywolves.com/page/listen-live

Ryan Rupert
http://www.cjbk.com/

Tony Cameranesi
http://www.umdbulldogs.com/bulldogs-on-the-air.php

Max Everson
http://www.whrb.org/harvardsports.html

Eric Knodel
http://www.unhwildcats.com/TV-Radio/index

Andrew MacWilliam
http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...&ATCLID=785161

Dennis Robertson
http://www.goterriers.com/multimedia/radio.html

Dominic Toninato
http://www.740thefan.com%2F&ei=QqtxU...gruDUk4Rw9lpGQ

Fort Wayne Comets (ECHL)
http://wowo.com/



PS Brody iz bak.
Table courtesy of 4evaBlue


Last edited by 81: 03-26-2013 at 09:43 PM.
81 is online now  
Old
02-16-2013, 10:40 PM
  #2
CBinTokyo
Registered User
 
CBinTokyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 592
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Rielly is a monster. Great come back by Moose Jaw thanks to Rielly leading the charge with two goals and an assist.

And oh, he was named 1st star of the game as well.
When a defenseman is regularly leading the charge, and still responsible defensively, well that is something special!

CBinTokyo is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:11 PM
  #3
7even
Moderator
Go on, do your duty
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Reilly is Orr like in his skating and ability to take over a game
Okay let's not go there again

7even is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:06 AM
  #4
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,284
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Okay let's not go there again

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:09 AM
  #5
81
#Chychrun2016
 
81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,891
vCash: 262
Just watching the 2011 behind the drank Burke says "What about the other Oshawa guy?" referring to Boone.

81 is online now  
Old
02-17-2013, 03:41 AM
  #6
Center Ice Scrum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The World Wide Web
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Okay let's not go there again
He meant Colton Orr.

Center Ice Scrum is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 04:56 AM
  #7
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Reilly is Orr like in his skating and ability to take over a game
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.

__________________
http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...e_corsi_issues

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Babs - short for Barbara
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 05:14 AM
  #8
Center Ice Scrum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The World Wide Web
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.
Oh come on, give me a break! Spott was TERRIBLE. He sabotaged the entire tourney, not just Rielly's game.

With that said, he didn't look as fast at the WJC because they played on a bigger ice surface. Dougie Hamilton's biggest downfall at the WJC was the fact that he looked terribly slow getting to the puck. He has somehow magically eradicated that "LAG" in his game while playing on a smaller ice surface in the NHL. Many people don't take that into account.

Center Ice Scrum is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 06:07 AM
  #9
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Center Ice Scrum View Post
Oh come on, give me a break! Spott was TERRIBLE. He sabotaged the entire tourney, not just Rielly's game.

With that said, he didn't look as fast at the WJC because they played on a bigger ice surface. Dougie Hamilton's biggest downfall at the WJC was the fact that he looked terribly slow getting to the puck. He has somehow magically eradicated that "LAG" in his game while playing on a smaller ice surface in the NHL. Many people don't take that into account.
Skating is supposed to be one of his strengths.

Yes, we all know the coach is to blame for Rielly getting torched on the GWG in the bronze medal game.

He fell flat after all the pre-tournament hype. He is doing well in the WHL though, playing on the smaller ice against other WHL clubs. It will be nice to see him playing against better players in the AHL.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 06:25 AM
  #10
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Skating is supposed to be one of his strengths.

Yes, we all know the coach is to blame for Rielly getting torched on the GWG in the bronze medal game.

He fell flat after all the pre-tournament hype. He is doing well in the WHL though, playing on the smaller ice against other WHL clubs. It will be nice to see him playing against better players in the AHL.
We will see him in the AHL soon enough, Moose Jaw wraps up their season within a month or so. Perhaps we will see Rielly with the Leafs (don't know what the rule is under the CBA so I am not sure about that).

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 06:31 AM
  #11
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
We will see him in the AHL soon enough, Moose Jaw wraps up their season within a month or so. Perhaps we will see Rielly with the Leafs (don't know what the rule is under the CBA so I am not sure about that).
I think the Leafs have too many defenders for him to get an invitation.

From what I've read Gardiner is ready but they aren't bringing him up because of the depth they have on the team today.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 07:25 AM
  #12
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I think the Leafs have too many defenders for him to get an invitation.

From what I've read Gardiner is ready but they aren't bringing him up because of the depth they have on the team today.
That's fine too, he will get a taste of some pro experience in the AHL, especially if the Marlies make the playoffs. With Morgan's emergence Nonis will eventually move a few guys around by next season, wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Liles get shipped off by d-day (and make room for Jake).

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 08:53 AM
  #13
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
That's fine too, he will get a taste of some pro experience in the AHL, especially if the Marlies make the playoffs. With Morgan's emergence Nonis will eventually move a few guys around by next season, wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Liles get shipped off by d-day (and make room for Jake).
Like to see Gardiner back up with the team, they seriously need someone who can move the puck. It is painful watching the dead pucks on the Leafs' defenders.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:46 AM
  #14
leafsfuture
Registered User
 
leafsfuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.
I stopped putting too much stock into World Junior performances by defenceman, as indicators of NHL potential when I saw Alex Pietrangelo play in his first world junior. Ditto for Jared Cowen a year later

leafsfuture is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:48 AM
  #15
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
I stopped putting too much stock into World Junior performances by defenceman, as indicators of NHL potential when I saw Alex Pietrangelo play in his first world junior. Ditto for Jared Cowen a year later
Watching juniors is exciting and until they hit the NHL they can all be HOFers.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:53 AM
  #16
Atomos2
WE ARE ABLE 340
 
Atomos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,238
vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.


Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.
Perish the thought. Especially when he is being paired up with the defensive shutdown specialist Ryan Murphy

Atomos2 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:11 AM
  #17
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!
 
Neil Hamburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.
Rielly looked good at the WJC. He played as well as any Canadian player not on RNH's line.

Rielly has # 1 D-man potential, and I can't wait to see him continue to develop.

Neil Hamburger is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:35 AM
  #18
81
#Chychrun2016
 
81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,891
vCash: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.
I'm guessing you didn't watch the WJC eh?

81 is online now  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:51 AM
  #19
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Just not when he's playing against the best players his age at the WJC.

Of course we can just pretend that didn't happen, or the coach sabotaged him.

Let's not get ahead of our Brendan Bells, CHL defenseman of the year discussions.
I don't know why you keep bringing up the Brendan Bell comparisons...

Bell was a 3rd rounder, not a 5th overall pick. When Bell won the CHL defenseman of the year, he was in his overaged year, turning 20, 2 years after being drafted. Rielly is 18 turning 19, a full year younger right now. Bell did not have any of the elite attributes that Rielly has coming out of junior, or else he would have been a 1st rounder.

If you're using Benden Bell to discredit Rielly, then you may as well use Brenden Kichton to discredit Seth Jones. Kichton currently leads all WHL defensemen in points, ahead of Jones, after being a 5th rounder in 2011. Let's ignore the age gap and all other factors that influence points for a defenseman and say Seth Jones is overrated since he can't even out-produce Brenden Kichton.

Lebanese Leaf is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:57 AM
  #20
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
I don't know why you keep bringing up the Brendan Bell comparisons...

Bell was a 3rd rounder, not a 5th overall pick. When Bell won the CHL defenseman of the year, he was in his overaged year, turning 20, 2 years after being drafted. Rielly is 18 turning 19, a full year younger right now. Bell did not have any of the elite attributes that Rielly has coming out of junior, or else he would have been a 1st rounder.

If you're using Benden Bell to discredit Rielly, then you may as well use Brenden Kichton to discredit Seth Jones. Kichton currently leads all WHL defensemen in points, ahead of Jones, after being a 5th rounder in 2011. Let's ignore the age gap and all other factors that influence points for a defenseman and say Seth Jones is overrated since he can't even out-produce Brenden Kichton.
No I'm saying junior is junior.

Until they are doing it in the NHL we don't know what they can do in the NHL. You don't trade a young player in the NHL because you have a junior prospect who might not be ready for 2 years.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:59 AM
  #21
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
I'm guessing you didn't watch the WJC eh?
You'd guess wrong then.

I watched the games but watched as a hockey fan, not a Leafs' fan.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 11:02 AM
  #22
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,677
vCash: 50
Why is Morgan Rielly being criticized for his WJC performance?

Dougie Hamilton played worse and now Glenn Healy thinks he's going to win a few Norris Trophies. That must mean the future for Rielly is very bright.

WJC is more of a talent show...

Nazem Kadri played well in the WJC's, why was he labelled a bust after his good performances by most in the media?

Morgan Rielly is an elite prospect.

Pi is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 11:07 AM
  #23
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 14,182
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
No I'm saying junior is junior.

Until they are doing it in the NHL we don't know what they can do in the NHL. You don't trade a young player in the NHL because you have a junior prospect who might not be ready for 2 years.
I agree. I have seen enough young Swedes looking great in the SEL, against highly skilled men, but who once they reach the NHL looks ok but nothing more and that it takes years for them to finally be able to get noticed in the NHL the way they got noticed in the SEL.

Gardiner is a developed player who is not only NHL ready, he is an actuall NHL player. That is a huge advantage for us when Reilly join us since we can afford the privilege of developing him the right way and put him in situations where he is more likely to succeed with out having to rush him. If he can make the jump right away and be able to contribute out of camp, then that is great. Then we have two skilled defenders and that have been a great advantage for several cup winners to have.

johnny_rudeboy is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 11:07 AM
  #24
Drew311
Shanahanigans
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Why is Morgan Rielly being criticized for his WJC performance?

Dougie Hamilton played worse and now Glenn Healy thinks he's going to win a few Norris Trophies. That must mean the future for Rielly is very bright.

WJC is more of a talent show...

Nazem Kadri played well in the WJC's, why was he labelled a bust after his good performances by most in the media?

Morgan Rielly is an elite prospect.
Hamilton's performance has nothing to do Rielly's performance. He played ok hockey at WJC's, just like the rest of the the defenseman. Pretty underwhelming overall. I don't think Rielly was used correctly, but he also didn't prove himself enough to be a top pairing player in the tournament.

Drew311 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 11:08 AM
  #25
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Why is Morgan Rielly being criticized for his WJC performance?

Dougie Hamilton played worse and now Glenn Healy thinks he's going to win a few Norris Trophies. That must mean the future for Rielly is very bright.

WJC is more of a talent show...

Nazem Kadri played well in the WJC's, why was he labelled a bust after his good performances by most in the media?

Morgan Rielly is an elite prospect.
Do you think Hamilton would be mentioned for the Norris by Healy if ????

You are correct about junior though, until they make the NHL what they do in junior tournaments is just window dressing.

The fan960 before the tournament expected it to be the coming out party for Rielly. Too much hype for an underage tournament player.

ULF_55 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.