HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Crosby for Seguin, Hamilton, Krejci

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Ugene Malkin
ON THE WAGON TRAIL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I disagree, not in the near future, but him getting traded is likely in some part of his career in my opinion.
You know why he won't?

The name is still worth way more tied to the team than any players they'd get in the future. That's as a business man thinking here. Having him retire a Penguin still produces millions after he's gone. Case in point, Mario or any other player that stayed with one team. It's rare, and even more rare these days.

Barking up the wrong tree.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Epic no from the Pens. Not even close to value for Crosby. And to the gent who said Sid will get traded at some point, Not a chance.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Extra Texture
Slurpy in the house

Value-wise I dont think its bad at all. As a Pens fan, I would probably prefer Bergeron over Krejci, but to me it reads like one future star, one excellent borderline star, and one talented youngster for a star. Production-wise, I think Pitt gets what it needs to replace Crosby's point production.

Then again, everyone seems keen to jump all over it for the sake of the wider argument. From the talent side, im sure Boston says no (giving up three potential pillars) and from the marketing perspective obviously Pittsburgh says no.

Some part of me, though, would just be fascinated to see Sid move in a Gretzky-like trade. I cant imagine if he ever got traded to Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, or anywhere else in Canada just how big the hype would be

Old
02-17-2013, 11:28 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

among the Bruins fan base, apparently, Crosby has had 3832974774 concussions in his career and is a cross-check away from having to eat through a tube for the rest of his life. so, Crosby wouldn't even be their best player.

bottom line, neither team does this AT ALL. they don't even consider it. and you can't just "forget" about marketability. it's a big part of hockey, whether you like it or not, and it's factored into almost any big trade.

so, trading Crosby, no matter what the return, hurts the Pens in the short term and maybe even the long term. when Malkin becomes the #1, teams will have a slightly easier time keeping the Pens' offense in check because they don't have to cover two world-beaters. they only have to cover one now.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
It's amazing how hard it is for people to read the OP.

And now, from a strictly on ice perspective this probably isn't enough. If Lucic is added then might be.
So you say

Krejci
Seguin
Lucic
Hamilton

?

You are living in a fantasy world, no single player is worth that package

Old
02-17-2013, 11:32 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
It's amazing how hard it is for people to read the OP.

And now, from a strictly on ice perspective this probably isn't enough. If Lucic is added then might be.
do you know why? it's because most people stop at Crosby. i don't care what the rest of the post says. it's just another "Crosby to my team" thread. Bruins fans want to muddy up the discussion with his concussion history to make it seem like he has less value than he actually has. i think one of them also pointed out it's one of the worst contracts in the league.

the fact that it involves a player that the team claimed they wanted to BUILD A FRANCHISE AROUND should be enough for this thread to get a lock.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:37 AM
1rd
¡Hala Madrid!

Bruins should say no.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
do you know why? it's because most people stop at Crosby. i don't care what the rest of the post says. it's just another "Crosby to my team" thread. Bruins fans want to muddy up the discussion with his concussion history to make it seem like he has less value than he actually has. i think one of them also pointed out it's one of the worst contracts in the league.

the fact that it involves a player that the team claimed they wanted to BUILD A FRANCHISE AROUND should be enough for this thread to get a lock.
To Pitt:
Ovechkin

To Washington:
Neal
Letang
Kunitz

How does that go over for you Pens fans?

Old
02-17-2013, 11:42 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

How is it muddying up the conversation talking about his concussion? Are you aware of what your prized Cooke did to Savard and that he is now will be a permanent fixture on the LTIR until his contract is up? Are you aware of the concussions to Horton and Bergeron and McQuaid? It's brought up because it's very relevant to the Bruins especially in this hypothetical trade that involves a huge chunk of our core. As for the other post involving his cap hit. Apparently, you also stopped reading there. A cap hit like Sid's would be very hard for the B's to handle because of how they built their team. He finished the post by saying that he was very much worth the contract but the B's would struggle to make it work. I also believe the op is a pens fan and not a B's fan so saying every team does these Crosby to my team threads is ridiculous if it's started by one of your fans.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:44 AM
rockinghockey

In my eyes it is a fair deal for Crosby. If you take a look at their line up after the deal:
Neal; Malkin; Knunitz
Seguin; Krejci;Cooke

Then Hamilton being added with Letang on the top pairing
Hamilton, Legang\

The team would be deeper and better.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:45 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
To Pitt:
Ovechkin

To Washington:
Neal
Letang
Kunitz

that's worse than the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
How is it muddying up the conversation talking about his concussion? Are you aware of what your prized Cooke did to Savard
...and i stopped reading there. PRIZED? are you high or just making stupid assumptions to make your arguments sound better through emotional appeal? i didn't like when Cooke did that and he's certainly not one of my favorite players, so saying he's a "prized" player in my opinion is bogus and you're just grasping at straws.

i'm not even going to respond to the rest of your point. if you're going to make claims like that, i'm just going to sit here and laugh.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Every single person in this thread has yet to answer the primary question in this thread so i'll ask again...

A) Would this trade help or hurt the Penguins product on the ice now, and over the next 6 years?
it would hurt the Penguins,,,it would take ALOT more then that to get Crosby..
that is weak offer really....

Old
02-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
that's worse than the OP
That's how OP looks to Bruins fans. Point made

Old
02-17-2013, 11:49 AM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
You know why he won't?

The name is still worth way more tied to the team than any players they'd get in the future. That's as a business man thinking here. Having him retire a Penguin still produces millions after he's gone. Case in point, Mario or any other player that stayed with one team. It's rare, and even more rare these days.

Barking up the wrong tree.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...stical_leaders

42 out of 50 of the best NHL point producers ever have been on at least two different teams, in the future I just see Crosby being moved as more of an expandable idea.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:50 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
That's how OP looks to Bruins fans. Point made
that's fine. i was speaking on behalf of myself as a Pens fan, but whatever. neither side does this, so a lock is most likely imminent. the Bruins won't gut their core for one player and the Pens won't trade their best player for anything.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Kershaw

Penguins get fleeced.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:55 AM
jmeehan1985

Call me crazy but Pittsburg needs to add. Crosby has concussion issues and were taking a huge risk giving up 3 potential franchise players. I understand Crosby is one of the best players in the Nhl but I would rather have Malkin then Crosby at this point.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:56 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Call me crazy but Pittsburg needs to add. Crosby has concussion issues and were taking a huge risk giving up 3 potential franchise players. I understand Crosby is one of the best players in the Nhl but I would rather have Malkin then Crosby at this point.
no to everything. and that's not a knock on the Bruins' side of the deal. btw this is what i was talking about in my earlier posts.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:01 PM
zaYG
Nerevarine

As a Bruins fan I say.

Sounds cool, but I don't want my ticket prices to be more than they already are.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:01 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
To Pitt:
Ovechkin

To Washington:
Neal
Letang
Kunitz

Did we all fall through a wormhole into a universe where Crosby vs. Ovechkin comparisons are still valid? I give you the other side though.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Every single person in this thread has yet to answer the primary question in this thread so i'll ask again...

A) Would this trade help or hurt the Penguins product on the ice now, and over the next 6 years?
Yes, it would hurt the Penguins product on the ice now, and over the next 6 years.

Quote:
To Pitt:
Ovechkin

To Washington:
Neal
Letang
Kunitz

Considering Ovechkin makes 9.5 mil per and has been less productive than Kunitz since the start of '11-'12, that's a pretty ******** comparison.

We don't want to trade the consensus best player in the world for your young, good players. Or anybody else.

Get over it.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:44 PM
bigd

Quote:
First sentence in this thread - "Forget Crosby's marketability"

That's why I very rarely post on these threads because they are so rediculous.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

We've been over this kind of threads a countless amount of times, and we've always ended up drawing the same conclusion: team X says no because in order to get Crosby/Malkin/whichever superstar, they have to basically destroy their whole team, and Pittsburgh says no because there's no point trading the face of the league, bringing unmatched value across the league in or out of the ice, for a bunch of lesser players.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:56 PM
GoBs

Bruins would probably do it. The team won't get any better, purely for marketing reasons.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Hugo Sham

Boston probably does it, even if some take their homer glasses off...crosby is worth seguin and krecji - and still young enough...a 1/2 of crosby bergeron is ****ing scary.

Boston still has most forward depth in east - imo

the loss of hamilton hurts, that's where boston needs to figure out a way to make up that loss

Closed Thread