HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings: Version VI - Just trade O'Reilly Already!

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
notdoneyet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
You made some fair points, but for a guy whose not even a PPG in junior, the ability to score more points in the NHL is rare. Also, Backes, Callahan and Brown all hit like a rock.
There are quite a few Hall of Famers in the NHL that were not even drafted. What you do
when your a teenager has nothing to do with what you can be as a man.
The same can be said for guys who scored 50 goals and a hundred points a year
in junior and some have never made it past that level.

My point everyone matures differently.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Pi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdoneyet View Post
There are quite a few Hall of Famers in the NHL that were not even drafted. What you do
when your a teenager has nothing to do with what you can be as a man.
The same can be said for guys who scored 50 goals and a hundred points a year
in junior and some have never made it past that level.

My point everyone matures differently.
They must have been undrafted for different reasons most likely.

Look at MSL, he was undrafted probably because of his size but he was a PPG player in college, AHL, and now close to it in the NHL.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:02 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
.... Id love to have that problem...

I think for them ideally, building around Duchene-ROR would have been best, with Stastny as the odd-man out. But looks like the contract disputes have changed things.
You have to wonder why Stastny isn't available if O'Reilly is so superior?

Any speculation?

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
Old
02-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Predaleafs

I think the leafs have a good advantage to get ROR, with him being from Ontario, and rumor is he just wants out of Colorado thats why is price is high. I think a deal like:

Holzer + Colbourne + MacArthur for ROR and a 4th could get it done.

Than

Grabovski (retain salary-2 mill) for Sean Couturier + 3rd

Sign ROR to a 4.5x5

Ride the rest of the year younger and with this roster

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Komorov-ROR-Kulemin
Frattin-Kadri-Couts
Mclaren-Mcclement-Brown

Dion-Gunnar
Kostka-Liles
Fraser-Franson
Komisarek

Old
02-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Igy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaleafs View Post
I think the leafs have a good advantage to get ROR, with him being from Ontario, and rumor is he just wants out of Colorado thats why is price is high. I think a deal like:

Than

Sign ROR to a 4.5x5

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Komorov-ROR-Kulemin
Frattin-Kadri-Couts
Mclaren-Mcclement-Brown

Dion-Gunnar
Kostka-Liles
Fraser-Franson
Komisarek
Wow....

Old
02-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post

Any speculation?
Stast not living up to his contract=soft market for his services?.

Who is to say Stast is not avail if they sign ROR.

You don't move Stast till you have ROR locked down.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Antropovsky

Quote:

Than

Sign ROR to a 4.5x5

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Komorov-ROR-Kulemin
Frattin-Kadri-Couts
Mclaren-Mcclement-Brown

Dion-Gunnar
Kostka-Liles
Fraser-Franson
Komisarek
Think of hfboards as a bunch of little institutions, you have been admitted to the leaf institution, you are not permitted to leave this institution and go to another one, until you've been given a clean bill of health, by other Leaf Posters. As of right now, your Insane, so you could be here for a long long time.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:33 AM
darrylsittler27

Reality check.

Anytime someone has a contract problem,they hype him up and begin using the gullible,naive Leaf media to try and orchestrate a trade,usually a brutally loopsided one at that.Fact:next year the cap drops to $64 million.Fact,even the Leafs cant afford Luongo and O Rielly.Bozak is a free agent, Kessel has to be locked up long term.

IF the Avs dont take Grabo in the deal,there will be no deal.Do the math already and stop dreaming.

Avs want a player, a prospect and a first? Wont happen.Even Nash didnt get that and he was a far more proven product.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Igy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Anytime someone has a contract problem,they hype him up and begin using the gullible,naive Leaf media to try and orchestrate a trade,usually a brutally loopsided one at that.Fact:next year the cap drops to $64 million.Fact,even the Leafs cant afford Luongo and O Rielly.Bozak is a free agent, Kessel has to be locked up long term.

IF the Avs dont take Grabo in the deal,there will be no deal.Do the math already and stop dreaming.

Avs want a player, a prospect and a first? Wont happen.Even Nash didnt get that and he was a far more proven product.
I think this is being misunderstood. Pretty sure they are looking for a top D prospect or a roster winger and a pick.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Stast not living up to his contract=soft market for his services?.

Who is to say Stast is not avail if they sign ROR.

You don't move Stast till you have ROR locked down.
I think ULF's point is if ROR is so great, why don't they dump Statsny's contract and sign a younger "superior" ROR for cheaper? I'm sure the Leafs and some other teams would take Statsny off their hands for a cheaper package.

Stast is much more proven than ROR, now he may be overpaid now, but earned his contract at the time.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Duffman955

What if we trade grabovski for Fisher. Grabo is being used in the shutdown role, which doesn't suit him. I think both players are of similar caliber but play different roles.

Kulemin-Fisher-Komarov is a real good shutdown line.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
What if we trade grabovski for Fisher. Grabo is being used in the shutdown role, which doesn't suit him. I think both players are of similar caliber but play different roles.

Kulemin-Fisher-Komarov is a real good shutdown line.
Carrie Underwood and Elisha Cuthbert, cool. But I don't think Nashville will trade Fisher for Grabo.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:11 PM
david999

I would not want to trade Gardner in any ROR deal. The only way Gardner goes in a deal, it would be to Edmonton. They would value him the most because of their needs, and the Shultz factor.

Gardner+Franson+Bozak for Ryan Nugent Hopkins + 2nd

Old
02-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Drew311
Van Man

Quote:

Than

Sign ROR to a 4.5x5

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Komorov-ROR-Kulemin
Frattin-Kadri-Couts
Mclaren-Mcclement-Brown

Dion-Gunnar
Kostka-Liles
Fraser-Franson
Komisarek
Nope, it wouldn't. Not even close.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:54 PM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
I would not want to trade Gardner in any ROR deal. The only way Gardner goes in a deal, it would be to Edmonton. They would value him the most because of their needs, and the Shultz factor.

Gardner+Franson+Bozak for Ryan Nugent Hopkins + 2nd
Glad my planting a seed may pick up steam, is Tambellini under pressure to make the playoffs, yes.

Would he like Gardiner with Schultz? Yes.

Would these 2 like playing together? Yes.

Would he overpay to do it this year? Yes, probably.

Gardiner could demand a premium to a young and upcoming team that needs a PMD. I like than chances of Nonis getting significant assets back instead of Leafs having Percy, Rielly, Nilsson, Finn all smallish D moving fwd.

Someone will likely be traded from this group, Nonis already identified D prospects depth as an area we can move to shore up other areas on the team.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Predaleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Think of hfboards as a bunch of little institutions, you have been admitted to the leaf institution, you are not permitted to leave this institution and go to another one, until you've been given a clean bill of health, by other Leaf Posters. As of right now, your Insane, so you could be here for a long long time.
Holzer is a 5-6 defenceman, Colbourne i would say tops out as a 3rd line center and MacArthur is a play who constanly flirts with 20 goals and is currently healthy.

The rumored asking price is a young roster player and a top prospect. Colorado sits at 31 goals for with only 3 teams below them(LA,Minny and Nashville). They would need a player who can score to help there offence. MacArthur is a second line winger, with a decent defensive effort.

Colbourne is a big guy, who doesnt use his size alot, but is still relatively young and i would rank him roughly around 6th in our prospect rankings.

So, for a young player who is currently signed to play two years in the KHL with his brother if he doesnt get what he wants, could very easily say trade me because im not coming back.

I dont see how this makes me crazy.

The grabo deal, i would say is alittle over the top, but it isnt hard to manage the cap, glen sather has done it for how long now

Old
02-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Drew311
Van Man

Quote:
Holzer is a 5-6 defenceman, Colbourne i would say tops out as a 3rd line center and MacArthur is a play who constanly flirts with 20 goals and is currently healthy.

The rumored asking price is a young roster player and a top prospect. Colorado sits at 31 goals for with only 3 teams below them(LA,Minny and Nashville). They would need a player who can score to help there offence. MacArthur is a second line winger, with a decent defensive effort.

Colbourne is a big guy, who doesnt use his size alot, but is still relatively young and i would rank him roughly around 6th in our prospect rankings.

So, for a young player who is currently signed to play two years in the KHL with his brother if he doesnt get what he wants, could very easily say trade me because im not coming back.

The grabo deal, i would say is alittle over the top, but it isnt hard to manage the cap, glen sather has done it for how long now

If the Leafs fall into the same situation with Nazem Kadri next season, would you be happy if Nonis traded him to Colorado for Ryan Wilson, David Jones and Michael Sgarbossa?

Don't you think they could get a better package?

Old
02-17-2013, 01:39 PM
doubledown99

lol

Oilers are not trading their franchise center especially with how bad our center depth is throughout the org. The team just recently indicated that they will be targeting centers in the draft to address organizational weakness.

With all the talented forwards we have Nuge is the only one that fights to regain the puck after a turnover. MacT was just raving about that quality and compared it o Det's philosophy.

If you really want somebody close to the team refuting the absurd notion of trading Nuge, email Oilers Now on Tuesday (or some other day) and float the idea of trading him by Bob Stauffer. Watch his response......he is one of the org mouth pieces so he is well connected to mgmt team

Old
02-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Predaleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
If the Leafs fall into the same situation with Nazem Kadri next season, would you be happy if Nonis traded him to Colorado for Ryan Wilson, David Jones and Michael Sgarbossa?

Don't you think they could get a better package?
If Kadri has one good year an will max out as a 50point defensive forward I would happily trad him if he wants 5million ad is basically saying give me the money or I'm staying in Russia.

Ryan o'rielly is in the same boat as Jordan Staal. A 3rd line center who want to be more. It's about supply ad demand. If he is a defensive center I would much rather have him as a 2nd line center.

Players who say they want always get tossed around no matter te skill. Look at Semin.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Avs44
Lets go Blues!

vCash: 380
Quote:

MacArthur is a 2nd line winger who is an upcoming UFA. The Avs are going nowhere this year. Our team is a mess, Landeskog, Johnson, Wilson, Downie, all injured. We will probably have a top 5 pick. An impending UFA in MacArthur is useless for us.

We don't need Colborne either. He is what, 23? He might never make the NHL. I view him as a bottom 6er. We have guys like Sgarbossa and Hishon who are better than him.

Holzer is a 5-6 D? I thought he could be better than that, but if true, no thanks. We have enough bottom pairing guys. We need a top pairing defensman.

Basically you're giving the Avs absolutely nothing we want. Oh, and you are behind the times. ROR got released from his KHL contract. He is in NA with an injury with no contract with any team in any league.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Nashty

vCash: 262
Quote:

Than

Sign ROR to a 4.5x5

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Komorov-ROR-Kulemin
Frattin-Kadri-Couts
Mclaren-Mcclement-Brown

Dion-Gunnar
Kostka-Liles
Fraser-Franson
Komisarek

Old
02-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Wendel17

People here would be willing to trade a roster player, a pick, and a prospect for RoR? Why don't we trade Seguin, Knight, and Hamil... wait a second. Been there, done that. People on this board are still crying in their beer about that trade and now they want to make another one just like it. Ugh.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:45 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post

Any speculation?
Probably because trading Stastny doesn't guarantee them O'Reilly. They could potentially be stuck with Duchene and Bozak in the end

Old
02-17-2013, 01:47 PM
WhatASaveDave

Leafs should trade Steckel away and then sign Zigomanis or Will Acton to a contract

Old
02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Kagunoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Glad my planting a seed may pick up steam, is Tambellini under pressure to make the playoffs, yes.

Would he like Gardiner with Schultz? Yes.

Would these 2 like playing together? Yes.

Would he overpay to do it this year? Yes, probably.

Gardiner could demand a premium to a young and upcoming team that needs a PMD. I like than chances of Nonis getting significant assets back instead of Leafs having Percy, Rielly, Nilsson, Finn all smallish D moving fwd.

Someone will likely be traded from this group, Nonis already identified D prospects depth as an area we can move to shore up other areas on the team.
Although I agree with this, I wouldn't trade Gardiner because of our smallish D. Gardiner is 6,2 and I think he'll be an extremely important component to our team for years to come I love his puck moving ability and power play quarter backing, his skill is so entertaining to watch. Although we need a nice centre its so nice to have Phaneuf paired with Reilly and/or Gardiner and Holzer or another physical D man with one of Reilly or Gardiner in our top 4 D. It provides such a balance.

Closed Thread