HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bennett recalled again on 4/7

Old
02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sager View Post
Of course he won't askfor a trade. It's not his type. I'm not sure if Shero asked Jeffrey if he wanted out, but if he did and Jeffrey knew he was getting benched over a rookie, I think he would want a chance elsewhere. He is indeed a team player and would never ask for one though.

And I wouldn't call this move an audition. Auditions and tryouts are for training camps and preseasons. Beau was chosen over Jeffrey. And not only that, he'll be starting on a defensive line, something he clearly isn't suited for. And also unlike Jeffrey, Beau doesn't have to sit in the press box. He can go back to first line minutes in the A.

I'm stoked for Beau's future, but thus isn't the time or place for him
You do realize we didn't have any pre-season games and a week of training camp, right? We are also 9-5 so it's very unlikely Bennett will hurt us. I think this is the perfect time to try him out. If he isn't ready, you send him down and then Jeffrey gets back in the line up.

Shady Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Sager
U talkin to me punk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
You do realize we didn't have any pre-season games and a week of training camp, right? We are also 9-5 so it's very unlikely Bennett will hurt us. I think this is the perfect time to try him out. If he isn't ready, you send him down and then Jeffrey gets back in the line up.
Right and I'm saying this isn't an audition, Bennett was chosen over Jeffrey.

Sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Bishop7979

Let the ruination of another offensive prospect begin.

From what I've read it looks like DB is starting BB off on his off wing playing on a defensive line... also we will get yet another game of piss poor hockey from tyler kennedy and most likely Boychick while Jeffery, who has outside of one major gaffe in his first game, has played well at both ends of the ice, will sit in the press box.

Bishop7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:33 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop7979 View Post

From what I've read it looks like DB is starting BB off on his off wing playing on a defensive line... also we will get yet another game of piss poor hockey from tyler kennedy and most likely Boychick while Jeffery, who has outside of one major gaffe in his first game, has played well at both ends of the ice, will sit in the press box.
BB has been playing LW in the A. So it's not like DB is throwing him into an unfamiliar situation.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop7979 View Post

I don't think they'd sit Vitale for Boychuk.

Polaris Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
BB has been playing LW in the A. So it's not like DB is throwing him into an unfamiliar situation.
He's also played center in the BCHL

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Kennedy sucks right now - I get that, but what other options do we really have? Thats the downside of having roster totally devoid secondary scoring talent. If the 2nd tier players like Kennedy aren't producing consistently, there really are no backup plans.

As far as Bennett - I think it's good for him to start on the 3rd line and eventually earn shifts on the top 2 lines.
I'm not a Kennedy hater, but like I said earlier, I wouldn't mind seeing Riley Holzapfel get a look in that spot. His game is similar what Kennedy's was when he first broke into the league, with the bonus of him being responsible in his own end.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Jag68Sid87

Let's look at it from another angle, shall we...that third line needed a SERIOUS skill upgrade. We've lost a LOT of skill without Staal there. Sutter is just OK, he's not going to be able to carry wingers like Staal could.

So, it's not terrible. Besides, as if we couldn't see this coming, with Cooke staying on the second line after his deflection in front of the net that led to the Neal goal? I mean, problem solved on Line 2, right?

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:21 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

I have zero problem with Cooke on the 2nd. We all loved Talbot there for a while, and Cooke is at least as offensively gifted as he is. (And if Cooke doesn't work, you bump him down or get rid of him.) If Bennett can hang on the 3rd, contributes offensively, etc. then you start experimenting to see if he can hang on the 1st or 2nd.

Normally this is the sort of thing you'd see in preseason, but in a lock out year, you're just gonna have to plug and pray as you go, I guess. Better to figure this out now than the playoffs or right before the deadline.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Malkinstheman

Anybody know what number dangles is wearing? i want to look out for him

Malkinstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:33 PM
vodeni

I'd keep Cooke with Malkin and Neal, that is kind of player they need, they need someone in the corners while they loop around and try to intercept pass coming from the d-man in panic
Move Duper to third line which gives that line more speed and is really not much of downgrade and try BB with Sid. Need to tell Sid to get back to his shoot and score pre injury mentality and have a nice set up guy in BB.

all set....

vodeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Richard

I have had zero faith in Bylma's ability to manage a roster competently for over a year.

BB needs to play on a scoring line or head down to the AHL. Pens ruined a couple a quality prospects in the mid 90's (hello Morozov) by forcing them into "checking" roles.

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
19. Time to buy a new name plate to throw over the old Whitney threads.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Burgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
Pretty sure it will be 13. He had it in camp, wears it in WBS and it's vacant in Pittsburgh since Guerin retired.

Edit: Nevermind, you can see on the Pens site that he's switched to 19 out of the blue.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Pretty sure it will be 13. He had it in camp, wears it in WBS and it's vacant in Pittsburgh since Guerin retired.

Edit: Nevermind, you can see on the Pens site that he's switched to 19 out of the blue.
He's been wearing 19 ever since.

He wore 19 during the rookie camps, he wore it during the shortened camp, the only reason he wore 13 in WBS is because 9 and 19 were not available numbers.

Here is him at the scrimmage wearing 19.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Buenos Ding-Dangles Diddly Dias, Senor!

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Burgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
He's been wearing 19 ever since.

He wore 19 during the rookie camps, he wore it during the shortened camp, the only reason he wore 13 in WBS is because 9 and 19 were not available numbers.
I could've sworn he always had 13 with the Pens, and that he was joking around with Guerin about taking his number.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:30 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

I don't think Beau Dangles is ready based on the past 2 games. He's getting here and hope he will be dynamite but he needs to play a little more in the AHL and bulk up.

Its showing a lot during the Pens / Sabres game.

SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

My impression of him is he might have a case of the nerves. He knows the wing need is a sore spot so he's pressing, trying to be "the solushun". Hence the whiff on a shot he probably wouldn't whiff on 98 times out of 100. However you can argue that in itself, is a sign he's not ready. I never had any illusions about him staying up for a long time. This will be a 3-5 game look probably and back down in time for whatever trade Shero is going to make.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

He's getting chances. He just seems to get a little bit panicky and winds up flubbing those chances. Hopefully it's just nerves.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

I think it is... not worried about Dangles long-term. He seems to be a pretty smart player with good vision / instincts.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:00 PM
JTG

Beau is adjusting to the speed of the NHL. I don't see a reason to send him back down, as he really just needs to get accustomed to how fast you have to make decisions. Once that happens, I think we'll start see pucks going in from him.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Had some good looks today. I'd like to him stay up for a bit.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:42 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Beau is adjusting to the speed of the NHL. I don't see a reason to send him back down, as he really just needs to get accustomed to how fast you have to make decisions. Once that happens, I think we'll start see pucks going in from him.
This is where I am, and sending him down is the only way to guarantee he WON'T adjust. Has to keep playing through it.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Had some good looks today. I'd like to him stay up for a bit.
He should be here until we bring in someone better in a trade at least. If we take anyone out of the line-up right now it should be TK for Jeffrey.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote