Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 10:46 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Honest to goodness, is it really a realistic thought considering Anaheim's recent history with Detroit? I mean, I'd love him on the team and all... But... It's kind of like imagining Derek Jeter in a Red Sox uniform. A little more extreme, but you get my point I hope.
Detroits pretty close to his family i wouldn't rule it out

Old
02-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

We haven't had cap problems since Burke left. Unless Perry is being unreasonable there is no reason we can't sign both and still afford other good players.

edit: That's to say, since we overcame what Burke left us.

Last edited by Eddie Shack: 02-16-2013 at 10:49 PM. Reason: add edit
Old
02-16-2013, 10:51 PM
AngelDuck

As long as we continue to draft well...I don't think we'll be having cap problems. Lydman's salary is going to be replaced by Lindholm/Vatanen's ELC next year. Also, Teemu is going to be gone soon, and will probably be replaced by Etem's ELC. We have the cap room IMO

Old
02-16-2013, 10:55 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Bruce Dowbuggin thinks we'll trade one
Josh Brewster thinks we will sign both

Dowbuggin made the point of managing the cap, but Brewster made a great point, how much money will you spend trying to replace Perry?

if you can sign both you do it, if we have cap problems down the road then someone goes obviously
as long as its realistic because people have to keep in mind, we'll probably never HAVE cap issues since we're in an internal cap team. thats why we have no need for amnesty buyouts and the such.

if perry demands anything over 8m+ i say see you later.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:03 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

if the ducks are trying to go all the way this year, then they can't trade Perry. Any realistic trade has us being worse afterwards.

I think the ducks need to go all in, the system has the depth to move a piece or two, the play of the reverend is giving us options now, honest question if we could trade for Iginla say for Sbisa+Rakell/Holland/DSP and a pick would you guys do it? it may even be an overpay

Old
02-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
if the ducks are trying to go all the way this year, then they can't trade Perry. Any realistic trade has us being worse afterwards.

I think the ducks need to go all in, the system has the depth to move a piece or two, the play of the reverend is giving us options now, honest question if we could trade for Iginla say for Sbisa+Rakell/Holland/DSP and a pick would you guys do it?
Agreed they can't trade Perry if the season keeps going like this, and not a chance I'd trade all that for Iginla. It destroys the franchise depth and you could very well be left with no Cup, no prospects, no Perry, and no Iginla. If they are buyers, I don't trade any roster players at all.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:37 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:

I think the ducks need to go all in, the system has the depth to move a piece or two, the play of the reverend is giving us options now, honest question if we could trade for Iginla say for Sbisa+Rakell/Holland/DSP and a pick would you guys do it? it may even be an overpay
no. never. i would not give any of our top prospects for iginla

Old
02-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:

We're not going to mortgage the future for one run.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:12 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I'll go on record now as saying I don't think Getzlaf or Perry will be traded. The team will risk them walking for the playoff chances. Unless the team completely tanks and is in no position for the playoffs, both will be kept.

"Can't risk losing them for nothing" is balanced by the $$$ of a playoff drive and run. In fact, it might even earn enough money to be able to bid higher to keep the twins.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I'll go on record now as saying I don't think Getzlaf or Perry will be traded. The team will risk them walking for the playoff chances. Unless the team completely tanks and is in no position for the playoffs, both will be kept.

"Can't risk losing them for nothing" is balanced by the $$$ of a playoff drive and run. In fact, it might even earn enough money to be able to bid higher to keep the twins.
Hopefully. You'd think living by the beach and eliminating all the ****** seasons of the year would go for something but in the end it always seems to be about the highest dollar. Jered Weaver got it right, at least.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:

I don't want Iginla. All were doing is replacing old for an old. Espeially with selanne? cmon man This seems like a dead weight trade for me. We need to get younger and I would rather move those pieces for ROR as long as Etem Vats or Lindholm don't get touched. And IF the deal was accepted I want ROR signed first.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Agreed they can't trade Perry if the season keeps going like this, and not a chance I'd trade all that for Iginla. It destroys the franchise depth and you could very well be left with no Cup, no prospects, no Perry, and no Iginla. If they are buyers, I don't trade any roster players at all.
Exactly I wouldn't touch this deal

Old
02-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Hopefully. You'd think living by the beach and eliminating all the ****** seasons of the year would go for something but in the end it always seems to be about the highest dollar. Jered Weaver got it right, at least.
Well Weaver is a So Cal native there's no way he was going anywhere but Angels. It's the same thing for Etem.... He's our weaver

Old
02-17-2013, 02:14 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Well Weaver is a So Cal native there's no way he was going anywhere but Angels. It's the same thing for Etem.... He's our weaver
Kerdiles (Irvine) > Etem (Long Beach)

A real OC product. Lol

Old
02-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Shoutout to Irvine!

Old
02-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Weaver could have gone to the Dodgers and you know they'd have gone above the Angels' offer. I feel like Getz and Pear should show that kind of loyalty to a franchise that had been nothing but great to them since day one.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Kerdiles (Irvine) > Etem (Long Beach)

A real OC product. Lol
Etem it's all about strong beach baby! Hahaha

Old
02-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Weaver could have gone to the Dodgers and you know they'd have gone above the Angels' offer. I feel like Getz and Pear should show that kind of loyalty to a franchise that had been nothing but great to them since day one.
Angels drafted Weaver first round 12th overall. It's just loyalty man. Went to long beach state... My college I'm attending as we speak. And we all knew Angels were going to pick him up he's a legend around here. I hope Perry and Getz show loyalty, but I doubt Perry does.

As for Etem? I would expect him to be the same as weaver. Especially after reading his BIO kid seems loyal as hell

Write this in the history books. Etem's jersey will be retired and hung to the rafters in my lifetime

Old
02-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Angels drafted Weaver first round 12th overall. It's just loyalty man. Went to long beach state... My college I'm attending as we speak. And we all knew Angels were going to pick him up he's a legend around here. I hope Perry and Getz show loyalty, but I doubt Perry does.

As for Etem? I would expect him to be the same as weaver. Especially after reading his BIO kid seems loyal as hell

Write this in the history books. Etem's jersey will be retired and hung to the rafters in my lifetime
Really?

Old
02-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Really?
He means in his personal house.

I think it's called "a shrine".

Old
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Wasn't Etem a Kings fan?

Old
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Really?
Yes really Soj. His jersey will be next to Teemus! Love it man!

Old
02-17-2013, 03:28 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

eenok, fasthnator, etemgo

When will it all end?

Old
02-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Wasn't Etem a Kings fan?
Yup. Hopefully playing them during his tenure in Anaheim and his shafting by the Queens on draft day will cause him to hate them enough to never sign there.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
eenok, fasthnator, etemgo

When will it all end?
Not soon enough.

Closed Thread