HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agents Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2013, 11:56 PM
  #126
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
2013 is a pretty decent draft for tenders. Top ranked 13 or so on CSB midterm looks good. Most likely Fucale, Jarry, and possibly Hogberg go in the first 40 picks, maybe all in 1st round. Saros and Sionas look good and could be surprise picks.

I like Comrie, McAdam, and Cal Petersen as well.
BN could you tell me a little more about Saros & Sionas? I keep hearing they are like the sleepers in the draft in net & that they are the best Euro goaltending prospects besides Hogberg.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:42 AM
  #127
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
BN could you tell me a little more about Saros & Sionas? I keep hearing they are like the sleepers in the draft in net & that they are the best Euro goaltending prospects besides Hogberg.
Ebbe Sionas could be one of the best players in this draft. He has great technique, covers alot of room for a guy who's still under 6'0. A few months back he turned aside 41 shots at the 4 nations Tourney championship game in which the US beat Sweden 3-1. Two of those goals were PP goals.

Juuse Saros has been on the radar for about 3 years now, winning all sorts of awards and accolades playing in Finlands Jr league, including best tender and best player awards. Another goalie under 6'0, stocky frame, but he's very athletic, side to side is very quick. He was player of the game against the US at 5 nations tourney recently.

Both have the talent to be #1 starters 4 or 5 years down the road.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 02:22 PM
  #128
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Sick SO goal from Barkov


Clowes Line is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 12:12 AM
  #129
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Ebbe Sionas could be one of the best players in this draft. He has great technique, covers alot of room for a guy who's still under 6'0. A few months back he turned aside 41 shots at the 4 nations Tourney championship game in which the US beat Sweden 3-1. Two of those goals were PP goals.

Juuse Saros has been on the radar for about 3 years now, winning all sorts of awards and accolades playing in Finlands Jr league, including best tender and best player awards. Another goalie under 6'0, stocky frame, but he's very athletic, side to side is very quick. He was player of the game against the US at 5 nations tourney recently.

Both have the talent to be #1 starters 4 or 5 years down the road.
Wow thanks BN, any projection in the draft? Around maybe where the Rangers would pick?

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 12:17 AM
  #130
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Sick SO goal from Barkov

Okay honestly, OMFG!!!! Pure skill right there!! Makes me want to punch the wall knowing that we don't have a 1st with this kind of talent in the 1st round!!

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 12:29 AM
  #131
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Okay honestly, OMFG!!!! Pure skill right there!! Makes me want to punch the wall knowing that we don't have a 1st with this kind of talent in the 1st round!!
Barkov is likely going top 5 anyway, so we weren't exactly a prime candidate for getting him in the first place.

But yes, I definitely want a first round pick this year.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 01:03 AM
  #132
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Barkov is likely going top 5 anyway, so we weren't exactly a prime candidate for getting him in the first place.

But yes, I definitely want a first round pick this year.
For sure we're not going to get a top 5 pick, but he is (in lack of better terms) FILTHY!!!! If he slips out of the top 5 (which I highly doubt), should we trade up?

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 01:13 AM
  #133
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
For sure we're not going to get a top 5 pick, but he is (in lack of better terms) FILTHY!!!! If he slips out of the top 5 (which I highly doubt), should we trade up?
If he slips lower that 15, which would probably never happen unless his game fell off a cliff before the draft, then yes.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
  #134
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
If he slips lower that 15, which would probably never happen unless his game fell off a cliff before the draft, then yes.
Extremely doubtful he'll even slip to 7th .

Edit: ISS rankings literally have him at 7th!!!!!!
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11321

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 08:26 PM
  #135
nsvoyageurs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Giving up the 2013 first round draft choice was the only thing about the Rick Nash trade I didn't like; I know the 2013 NHL Entry Draft is supposed to be one of the best in recent years. I don't suppose a team would be dumb enough to give the NY Rangers their first 2013 round choice, or one of them if they have more than one.

nsvoyageurs is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 08:50 PM
  #136
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 500
I hate not having a first rounder too. So look forward to the draft every year. Been more and more exciting too with all the coverage from the NHL Network.

I keep thinking that Sather is going to find his way back into round 2, but when you look at trading material and likeliness of the Rangers being buys not sellers I'm not going to get my hopes up of getting a 1st rounder.

On a side note, there's some good sized players in this years draft slotted for the first round.

Lion Hound is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
  #137
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I hate not having a first rounder too. So look forward to the draft every year. Been more and more exciting too with all the coverage from the NHL Network.

I keep thinking that Sather is going to find his way back into round 2, but when you look at trading material and likeliness of the Rangers being buys not sellers I'm not going to get my hopes up of getting a 1st rounder.

On a side note, there's some good sized players in this years draft slotted for the first round.
How did we lose our 2nd rounder? Yikes.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:14 PM
  #138
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
How did we lose our 2nd rounder? Yikes.
We have our 2nd.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:16 PM
  #139
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
How did we lose our 2nd rounder? Yikes.
sorry, meant round 1.

Lion Hound is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:20 PM
  #140
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
How deep is this draft?
The Rangers can get back into the bottom of the first round by trading the 2 3rd's (FLA's and their own) and the 2nd.
Is it better to stay put or move up to the first round?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:23 PM
  #141
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
How deep is this draft?
The Rangers can get back into the bottom of the first round by trading the 2 3rd's (FLA's and their own) and the 2nd.
Is it better to stay put or move up to the first round?
There's really no right answer to that question. I mean move into the first round for who? At what pick? Perhaps the team with the 25th pick might move it for a mid to late 2nd and two 3rds...but you aren't getting the 10th overall selection with that package.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:23 PM
  #142
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
sorry, meant round 1.
No worries, didn't think we were without our first two picks.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:33 PM
  #143
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
There's really no right answer to that question. I mean move into the first round for who? At what pick? Perhaps the team with the 25th pick might move it for a mid to late 2nd and two 3rds...but you aren't getting the 10th overall selection with that package.
Best they can do is 25-30 range at best.
But is this draft top heavy, or is there value to be had in the second and the third round?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 07:32 AM
  #144
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Best they can do is 25-30 range at best.
But is this draft top heavy, or is there value to be had in the second and the third round?
With Gorton and Clarke in charge I would rather stay where they are and use those 3rd's.

I have been in favor of moving down for years because I really trust the Rangers scouts.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 07:39 AM
  #145
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
With Gorton and Clarke in charge I would rather stay where they are and use those 3rd's.

I have been in favor of moving down for years because I really trust the Rangers scouts.

Agree. They tend to make some really solid picks in mid rounds.

darko is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 11:21 AM
  #146
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Wow thanks BN, any projection in the draft? Around maybe where the Rangers would pick?
Late first, early 2nd, I could see a surprise as high as late teens if a club really likes one.

As far as the Ranger's picks. I hope we keep what we have, or trade up in the 2nd with one of the 3rd rounders as bait. Edmonton has no 3rd rounder this year, but they do have two 2nd rounders

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:36 PM
  #147
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast
 
Jamie Benn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At The Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
I have The Rangers in the mock draft taking Steve Santini from the USA NTDP with their second round pick. Thoughts?

Jamie Benn is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:40 PM
  #148
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
I have The Rangers in the mock draft taking Steve Santini from the USA NTDP with their second round pick. Thoughts?
Steve Santini lives a town over from me. Kid's dirty

JohnC is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:49 PM
  #149
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast
 
Jamie Benn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At The Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Steve Santini lives a town over from me. Kid's dirty
Dirty as in good? I could see the Rangers using a guy like this in the system, an offensive defenseman that could take a while to develop, but he will develop well in Boston College and could be a big payoff.

Anyone with questions, Myles Bell is playing LW this season and isn't looking place at all. This kid has an at least 95 slapshot and could be a versatile guys for the Rangers in the upcoming future.


I'll be seeing Bell Friday and/or Saturday and if any of you guys are interested in a scouting report I can definitely provide.

Jamie Benn is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 06:03 PM
  #150
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
Dirty as in good? I could see the Rangers using a guy like this in the system, an offensive defenseman that could take a while to develop, but he will develop well in Boston College and could be a big payoff.
Yessir. Used to dread when our hockey team had to play against him. Too good compared to everyone.

One kid on our team was apart of the development program's under 17 team. He was the only one who came close to matching up with him. He's in 11th grade now and committed to play at Notre Dame

JohnC is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.