HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: The Crosby and Vanek Show (w/ guest Craig Adams)

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 02:30 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogasson View Post
We make fun of Dupers all the time with his stone hands, but its games like these where he's a gift. Loads of grit, lots of hustle, and two goals to boot.

THe majority of my plusses go to Dupers.

Whatever is left goes to Fleury and Sid.
he has earned this for his play as of late. he now has hands

Old
02-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
One minor note...I love how this team isn't playing for OT. The pressure picked up at the end of the game and I feel that Penguins teams of the past would have played conservative to preserve the point.

Only 1 of 16 games this season have made it to OT. That's 7 fewer than Nashville

Oh, and Duper gets my bag of plusses today. He deserves them.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
Tonka
Diggles

Do you guys think that was Crosby's goal instead of Martin? Sure looks like he grazed the puck with the tip to me. I hope they change it.

Old
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbercules View Post
Huge plus for Dupuis. We are all aware of his offensive limitations, but I love this guy. Great on the PK, makes safe and simple plays, gets pucks on net and goes to the net, and rarely takes stupid penalties even though he manages to play solid D.
This probably has been mentioned before, but if that trade was

Armstrong
Christensen
Esposito
and whoever the Thrashers took with that 1st

for

Dupuis

It'd still be a steal.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:32 PM
SidTheKid8787

There was one play where Geno picked the puck up down low in the D-Zone and usually he just explodes with speed but he just geared down. I suspect he may have an injury.

-DB's line juggling minus the bit in the third with Geno-Sid-Neal.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
+crosby...no explanation needed
-Sutter...I never thought I'd say this about a Sutter, but this guy needs to start working a lot harder. He's not battling. He's playing like Jan Hrdina out there. "I'm standing in the right place...that's all there is to this sport right? Right?" He should be watching how hard the guys on the Sid line fight for the puck and body position.
From watching him a lot it seems like he's not that dissimilar from Staal in terms of how he plays the game. He's got kinda a lanky awkward stride and he sometimes doesn't look like he's working that hard, but he makes so many heady plays out there and is almost always in the right position.

I know for a while Sutter hadn't been out on the ice for an even strength goal. It was something like 9-10 games into the season where he had that streak going. I don't know if he still has it going but imo he's quietly been a tremendous defensive presence for us. I'd like to get more offensively out of him but I think that will come eventually. He's still producing respectable third line numbers but I think there's more to be had from him there.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:33 PM
WarriorScholar

+ Colby Armstrong , Christensen , Esposito , 1st rd for Pascal Dupuis and Hossa ( the throw in) .

Old
eXile59
Shirts on.

Let's not act like Dupuis is playing some great offensive hockey. Look at the last two goals he's scored. Two insane passes from Sid & Letang. He's a hustler & will get points that way but without the talent around him no way he puts up these kind of points.

Old
SidTheKid8787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Do you guys think that was Crosby's goal instead of Martin? Sure looks like he grazed the puck with the tip to me. I hope they change it.
I still didn't see the puck changing direction. Looks like Martin's to me.

Old
nhindian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
One minor note...I love how this team isn't playing for OT. The pressure picked up at the end of the game and I feel that Penguins teams of the past would have played conservative to preserve the point.

Only 1 of 16 games this season have made it to OT. That's 7 fewer than Nashville

Oh, and Duper gets my bag of plusses today. He deserves them.
Stacking that ROW

Old
PensFanSince1989

++Crosby apart From that stupid penalty. Don't make a habit of that
+Fleury - Saved the Pens bacon quite a bit in second and third, even though I thought he looked off in the first.
+Nisky
+Letang in the third
+Martin
+Kunitz and Dupuis - that line is really clicking

-Letang in the first 2 periods
- Malkin's line. Malkin individually gets an even from me but his line is still struggling.
- defence as a whole, looked jumbled am throughout second and third.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:34 PM
nhindian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Didn't look like it

Old
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
This probably has been mentioned before, but if that trade was

Armstrong
Christensen
Esposito

for

Dupuis

It'd still be a steal.
indeed. I love it

Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Let's not act like Dupuis is playing some great offensive hockey. Look at the last two goals he's scored. Two insane passes from Sid & Letang. He's a hustler & will get points that way but without the talent around him no way he puts up these kind of points.
being in the right place can be a skill...

Old
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
In a weird twist of fate Daultan Leveille, who was the Thrashers completely off-the-board pick who was an immediate bust, has been in Wheeling most of the season...as a farm hand of the Canadiens.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:35 PM
nhindian

Quote:
What about last year?

Old
02-17-2013, 02:35 PM
nhindian

Also that anthem singer in the LA-CHI game was awesome

Old
02-17-2013, 02:36 PM

Old
02-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
You could say the same thing about Neal. How many goals does he create off of his own individual effort? Doesn't matter how you score, so long as you do it. Not like most of Sid's are pretty but I don't think anyone would mistake him for playing poor offensive hockey.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
He's putting a lot of those chances in the net. That's what you want from third wheel players.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

+ Dupuis ending any remaining doubt that "Tyler Kennedy is almost as good". Dupuis has proven over the last two seasons that they're not close. Not offensively, not defensively, not on special teams. He produced even when Crosby was gone (unlike Kennedy with Staal) and continues to produce. Kennedy continues to be 100% invisible most shifts. $2M of invisibility.

+ Sid is back I think. He's buzzing all over the place, making things happen whether he's scoring or not.

+ Eggs Martin is the Real Hollandaise, not the powdered stuff. Glad he stayed / proved himself worthy of the jersey.

+ Everyone who got in Ott's face at the end of the game. What a punk. Game's over dick, get out of our goalie's face.

+ Nathan Gerbe for being 5'4" and fun to watch.

+ Entertaining game. Playoff series against these guys would be nuts.

- Kunitz for stupid penalty on Ott. Another sign discipline on this team might be lacking. I put that 80% on the coaches. Discipline starts with them.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:39 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhindian View Post
What about last year?

He was still playing with an incredible amount of talent? You think it's a coincidence he scored in the mid 30's his entire career & is now scoring around 60 now that he's playing with Sid?

Old
02-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Pancakes

I'm not really too concerned with Malkin's scoring drought because he keeps getting good looks every game. It's only a matter of time before the flood gates open. That said he still does need a winger to maximize his talents.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Fire Shero*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
In a weird twist of fate Daultan Leveille, who was the Thrashers completely off-the-board pick who was an immediate bust, has been in Wheeling most of the season...as a farm hand of the Canadiens.
Just one of the many reasons why Waddell was canned and now a scout for the pens

Armstrong
Christensen
Espisito
1st rounder
Job offer for when you get canned

For

Dupuis
Hossa

Old
02-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
He was still playing with an incredible amount of talent? You think it's a coincidence he scored in the mid 30's his entire career & is now scoring around 60 now that he's playing with Sid?

but being able to elevate like that with better talent is not something everybody can do.

Closed Thread