HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to make Moves?? (Post trade proposals & rumors here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 10:21 AM
islandermaniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
I would not include a 1st round pick thats for sure.
i've agreed with that because i don't want to trade mackinnon or jones for o'reilly. other than than that, almost every islander and islander prospect should be fair game. what do you trade to get this deal done?

Old
02-17-2013, 10:26 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
i've agreed with that because i don't want to trade mackinnon or jones for o'reilly. other than than that, almost every islander and islander prospect should be fair game. what do you trade to get this deal done?
I honestly think Okposo + Nelson would be good enough considering O'Reilly is asking for a lot of money. I don't want to trade our defensive prospects(Donovan) unless we are getting a defenseman in return.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:46 AM
SI

Quote:
O'Reilly never even scored more than 20 goals in Junior or NHL, why would we give up Nelson, Okposo, and a 1st round pick for him. Nelson could be better than him btw. Also, he's asking for way too much money.
Who cares if he hadn't scored 20 goals in JRS - if he did he would have been a clear first round pick in 2009. We should look at what this "kid" has done as a PRO - 55 points and playing at least 20 mins. a game, leading the league in takeaways, and -1 for a bad Colorado team as a 20/21 year old. He has a very high ceiling. If the 2009 draft would be today O'Reilly would be taken second, so looking at Hedman's contract (5yr/20m) and you got yourself a deal.

The argument that he is more Peca than Federov - I see more upside than Peca and I admit Federov is a superstar and
Maybe O'Reilly is somewhere in between.

Last edited by SI: 02-17-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old
02-17-2013, 10:48 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
I honestly think Okposo + Nelson would be good enough considering O'Reilly is asking for a lot of money. I don't want to trade our defensive prospects(Donovan) unless we are getting a defenseman in return.
okposo and niederreiter instead? i believe that the swiss miss has more trade value. do you make that trade?

Old
02-17-2013, 10:51 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI View Post
Who cares if he hadn't scored 20 goals in JRS - if he did he would have been a clear first round pick in 2009. We should look at what this "kid" has done as a PRO - 55 points and playing at least 20 mins. a game, leading the league in takeaways, and -1 for a bad Colorado team as a 20/21 year old. He has a very high ceiling. If the 2009 draft would be today O'Reilly would be taken second, so looking at Hedman's contract (5yr/20m) and you got yourself a deal.

The argument that he is more Peca than Federov - I see more upside than Peca and I admit Federov is a superstar and Maybe O'Reilly somewhere in between.
LOL no he wouldn't. Are you familiar with Oliver Ekman Larsson?

Tavares
OEL
Duchene
Hedman
Kane

Like I said he had 1 good year, he's not a proven player yet.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:51 AM
IslandersFan17

If ROR was the "potential" that some are mentioning around here I could see the Avs doing what it takes to resign the kid. Penny pinching or not you do not allow that caliber player to leave.

That being said, the kid is no anywhere near the price people are willing to give up.

Nelson? Are you kidding me, the kid has looked really stout on EVERY LEVEL and is going to be one heck of a playmaker for the Islanders.

1st rounder- Despite the Islanders recent success, they are not a playoff caliber team and will most likely be picking around top ten. The talent in this class is way to deep to mortgage on a SELFISH KID.

Okposo- I would be fine moving Kyle at this juncture, however, Okposo would be my focal point to the deal not just a piece.

Thus, my final offer would be Okposo, Ness, next years second rounder.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:52 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
The argument that he is more Peca than Federov - I see more upside than Peca and I admit Federov is a superstar and Maybe O'Reilly somewhere in between.
mike peca did have some good offensive seasons...as a matter of fact, his best was as an islander with 25g and 35a for 60 points in 80 games. if o'reilly can do that behind 100 point seasons from jt, this team would be always be in the playoff mix.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Nelson, Okposo, 1st for ROR. I think if we can get him then the 1st will be mid teens as we will be a playoff team. You think it would take more that that to get him or is he worth more. He reminds me of Peca and that intrigues me.
Holy crap thats an overpayment. The Highest I would ever go would be Nielsen/Nino+Donovon+3rd.

No First and no Nelson. Its reported they want an established Forward or Puck mover plus pick.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Holy crap thats an overpayment. The Highest I would ever go would be Nielsen/Nino+Donovon+3rd.

No First and no Nelson. Its reported they want an established Forward or Puck mover plus pick.
The trade you just offered is also a huge overpayment....

Old
02-17-2013, 11:03 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
If ROR was the "potential" that some are mentioning around here I could see the Avs doing what it takes to resign the kid. Penny pinching or not you do not allow that caliber player to leave.

That being said, the kid is no anywhere near the price people are willing to give up.

Nelson? Are you kidding me, the kid has looked really stout on EVERY LEVEL and is going to be one heck of a playmaker for the Islanders.

1st rounder- Despite the Islanders recent success, they are not a playoff caliber team and will most likely be picking around top ten. The talent in this class is way to deep to mortgage on a SELFISH KID.

Okposo- I would be fine moving Kyle at this juncture, however, Okposo would be my focal point to the deal not just a piece.

Thus, my final offer would be Okposo, Ness, next years second rounder.
selfish? give me a break. it is so easy for regular working class folks to label professional sports players as selfish when they are merely trying to get the going rate for what they bring to a club. selfish? haha! you sound like some right wing media outlet talking about how factory workers get paid too much money for doing too little work (despite the fact that the corporation that employs them makes billions). selfish? that is a tired, old song and dance of a buzz word repeated by robots who can't express their own ideas. so what do they do? they grab on to what other robots have repeated. lame.

and your final offer does absolutely nothing for the avs. okposo is a decent piece but ness is not an nhl player, nor will he ever be a regular in the bigs, in my opinion. a second rounder means little to them as well.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:07 AM
IslandersFan17

Nino, a top five pick, whom is doing really well in his first year of AHL play. Regardless of that hiccup of wanting to be traded... AT LEAST THE KID IS NOT HOLDING OUT TO GET HIS WAY.

Nino is two years younger and absolutely has the higher ceiling. I would even rate Nino as one of the better LW PROSPECTS in the league to date.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:24 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Nino, a top five pick, whom is doing really well in his first year of AHL play. Regardless of that hiccup of wanting to be traded... AT LEAST THE KID IS NOT HOLDING OUT TO GET HIS WAY.

Nino is two years younger and absolutely has the higher ceiling. I would even rate Nino as one of the better LW PROSPECTS in the league to date.
you LOVE CAPS LOCK...COOL!!! you especially love using caps when YOUR POINT IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!! first you screamed he was selfish and now you are screaming that he is holding out. WRONG AGAIN!!! alexei yashin was a holdout once. he had a contract and didn't report for work. that is a holdout. ryan o'reilly isn't holding out. HE DOESN'T HAVE A CONTRACT TO HOLD OUT FROM!!! but since you, along with other robots who like to slander, heard this on the news or read it in a newspaper, then i'm sure your terminology is correct.

and at least you hit the caps lock at the RIGHT MOMENT WHEN CALLING THE SWISS MISS A PROSPECT!!! that's exactly what he is. ryan o'reilly has shown the ability to score 55 points in the nhl WHILE SHUTTING DOWN OPPOSITION TOP LINES!!! so go ahead and talk ceilings and prospects and futures all you like...i'll take reality. and the reality is that RYAN O'REILLY is a special player who contributes POINTS AND AND ALL AROUND GAME TO GO WITH IT!!!

p.s. niederreiter whining like a ***** about how he wants something he hasn't deserved is a "hiccup," in your opinion while o'reilly withholding his services in order to get money that does deserve makes him a scum bag. THAT IS RICH!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Old
02-17-2013, 11:31 AM
SI

Quote:
LOL no he wouldn't. Are you familiar with Oliver Ekman Larsson?

Tavares
OEL
Duchene
Hedman
Kane

Like I said he had 1 good year, he's not a proven player yet.

LOL! OEK is a beast isn't he. maybe third then (def. over duchene and Hedman)- LOL!
Good one.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:32 AM
goal1228

i think neilson/nelson would be a good deal for the following reasons
Nielson stepd right into 3rd line center role- great against the power play deadly in the shootouts can score 15+ Sooner or later we have to give up assets there is not enough room for all of these kids if Nino is unhappy maybe he goes if not i know nelson has a high cieling but he is not helping us now O'rielly can be the second line center for years to come he plays relenless and fits the two way player that we need . Colorado gets a player that steps right into his spot plus a top prospect as for the money i think 3.5 backloaded a year gets him with the promise of 2nd line.there would be no way he gets captaincy (tavarase of course).i know some would not like nielson in the deal but O'Rielly will play better against the bigger better teams in the league ;lets face it we have not made the playoffs with him unless we trade assets for upgrades we will not be in the playoffs again this year

Old
02-17-2013, 11:40 AM
SI

Quote:
mike peca did have some good offensive seasons...as a matter of fact, his best was as an islander with 25g and 35a for 60 points in 80 games. if o'reilly can do that behind 100 point seasons from jt, this team would be always be in the playoff mix.
I agree totally -
The kid practically had 60 points last season as a 20 year old.

I would say with that one/two combo - it's playoff mix every year.

What do you think about this:
Putting Fransie on the wing. He is a C in my mind, but he's not great on the face off and I would still want to see Fransie getting top minutes.
Cizikas as the third line C at 12 minutes a game, until Nelson, Sundstrom, and Lee are ready for primetime.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:18 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
I agree totally -
The kid practically had 60 points last season as a 20 year old.

I would say with that one/two combo - it's playoff mix every year.

What do you think about this:
Putting Fransie on the wing. He is a C in my mind, but he's not great on the face off and I would still want to see Fransie getting top minutes.
Cizikas as the third line C at 12 minutes a game, until Nelson, Sundstrom, and Lee are ready for primetime.
i actually like the idea of tavares, o'reilly, nielsen, and cizikas down the middle. if you are always capable down the middle, you can always compete (similar to defence on a baseball field...a strong defensive combination of a catcher, ss, 2b, and cf will keep you in most games).

Old
02-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
at some of the things here on O'Reilly. Crying he hasn't scored 20+ goals? There is room to progress and grow. And again, he's a full 200 feet of ice player. How many of those are in the league little less our team? A young good/great two-way forward with a developing offensive game just doesn't fall from the sky. At this current pace of his NHL career he's already ahead of where Kesler was with his development 3 years in. And he just turned 22.

As for his value; Okposo + Nielsen/Nelson. The first is untouchable given the new lottery system the NHL is implementing that gives every team a chance at the top pick (a la how the NBA does it)

Old
02-17-2013, 03:41 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

I don't get the negatives towards RoR either. His points came off hard work and effort, something we found lacking in a few of our supposed core. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Nielsen and Okposo for him. It would be a complete upgrade on Fran's who is invisible vs large physical forwards, plus more dangerous offensively.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:49 PM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
you LOVE CAPS LOCK...COOL!!! you especially love using caps when YOUR POINT IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!! first you screamed he was selfish and now you are screaming that he is holding out. WRONG AGAIN!!! alexei yashin was a holdout once. he had a contract and didn't report for work. that is a holdout. ryan o'reilly isn't holding out. HE DOESN'T HAVE A CONTRACT TO HOLD OUT FROM!!! but since you, along with other robots who like to slander, heard this on the news or read it in a newspaper, then i'm sure your terminology is correct.

and at least you hit the caps lock at the RIGHT MOMENT WHEN CALLING THE SWISS MISS A PROSPECT!!! that's exactly what he is. ryan o'reilly has shown the ability to score 55 points in the nhl WHILE SHUTTING DOWN OPPOSITION TOP LINES!!! so go ahead and talk ceilings and prospects and futures all you like...i'll take reality. and the reality is that RYAN O'REILLY is a special player who contributes POINTS AND AND ALL AROUND GAME TO GO WITH IT!!!

p.s. niederreiter whining like a ***** about how he wants something he hasn't deserved is a "hiccup," in your opinion while o'reilly withholding his services in order to get money that does deserve makes him a scum bag. THAT IS RICH!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Having the opinion of calling someone selfish, the kid was upset about not being named captain and would have reported if named Captain. His father then proceeds to go on Twitter of all places and belittle's the organization Although not a FA, being a RFA means you are still the property of the team. Thus, O'Reilly could have very easily signed a short term deal like Subban did with the Habs, got back to work and maintain a level of integrity as a hockey player. Or, let me guess, the kid hits a slump, doesn't get the minutes as a disciplinary action, do we have to worry about his daddy jumping on the social media outlets and bad mouth the team?

O'Reilly does have skill but to act like the kid really would be drafted ahead of Hedman, Duchene, Kane, OEL... When Duchene enters his contract talks soon there is no doubt Matthew will command 5 mill a year. Matt has been very productive within his first two seasons and has been very productive in the early going this season. O'Reilly is not on the same level as Duchene his own teammate who declares the team is more focused on getting Landeskog back.

You can act out all you want, but do me a favor, go to google and search Ryan O'Reilly and holdout... See how many others are labeling what Ryan's action are- A Holdout.

As far as Nino, I can tell by the way you post, you will not have a slightly intelligent comment on the young man's potential.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:26 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
:facepalm: at some of the things here on O'Reilly. Crying he hasn't scored 20+ goals? There is room to progress and grow. And again, he's a full 200 feet of ice player. How many of those are in the league little less our team? A young good/great two-way forward with a developing offensive game just doesn't fall from the sky. At this current pace of his NHL career he's already ahead of where Kesler was with his development 3 years in. And he just turned 22.

As for his value; Okposo + Nielsen/Nelson. The first is untouchable given the new lottery system the NHL is implementing that gives every team a chance at the top pick (a la how the NBA does it)
Sorry I don't want the Isles to pay a guy 5 million per year when he had 1 good year and it is a concern that he never scored more than 20 goals in Juniors or the NHL. Not only that, but we also have to give up a good amount to get him. The guy could end up like Dubinsky.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:36 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Having the opinion of calling someone selfish, the kid was upset about not being named captain and would have reported if named Captain. His father then proceeds to go on Twitter of all places and belittle's the organization Although not a FA, being a RFA means you are still the property of the team. Thus, O'Reilly could have very easily signed a short term deal like Subban did with the Habs, got back to work and maintain a level of integrity as a hockey player. Or, let me guess, the kid hits a slump, doesn't get the minutes as a disciplinary action, do we have to worry about his daddy jumping on the social media outlets and bad mouth the team?

O'Reilly does have skill but to act like the kid really would be drafted ahead of Hedman, Duchene, Kane, OEL... When Duchene enters his contract talks soon there is no doubt Matthew will command 5 mill a year. Matt has been very productive within his first two seasons and has been very productive in the early going this season. O'Reilly is not on the same level as Duchene his own teammate who declares the team is more focused on getting Landeskog back.

You can act out all you want, but do me a favor, go to google and search Ryan O'Reilly and holdout... See how many others are labeling what Ryan's action are- A Holdout.

As far as Nino, I can tell by the way you post, you will not have a slightly intelligent comment on the young man's potential.
o'reilly is completely within his rights to seek large money and a long term deal. he doesn't have to sign a short term deal to "maintain a level of integrity." the kid is a fighter, plain and simple, and that is obviously continuing off the ice. he is fighting for what he feels he is worth as free agents are expected to do. i don't see anything wrong with that and i don't think that his character should be judged because of it.

as far as where o'reilly would go in 2009 draft if it were to be "re-done," there are people who speak with general managers on a frequent basis who believe he would be the number 2 pick. no disrespect intended, but i'll give that information more weight than i will your analysis of the situation.

with regards to the swiss miss...i don't know what your point is. are you suggesting that i believe that he has a lack of potential? i've never said that. he has goal scoring potential at the nhl level. but for someone to assert that o'reilly has a higher score on the "whiny ***** scale" than nino niederreiter is absolutely ridiculous! the swiss miss whined and cried to not go back to junior last year and he is whining and crying again about being in the ahl!

Old
02-17-2013, 04:37 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
o'reilly is completely within his rights to seek large money and a long term deal. he doesn't have to sign a short term deal to "maintain a level of integrity." the kid is a fighter, plain and simple, and that is obviously continuing off the ice. he is fighting for what he feels he is worth as free agents are expected to do. i don't see anything wrong with that and i don't think that his character should be judged because of it.

as far as where o'reilly would go in 2009 draft if it were to be "re-done," there are people who speak with general managers on a frequent basis who believe he would be the number 2 pick. no disrespect intended, but i'll give that information more weight than i will your analysis of the situation.

with regards to the swiss miss...i don't know what your point is. are you suggesting that i believe that he has a lack of potential? i've never said that. he has goal scoring potential at the nhl level. but for someone to assert that o'reilly has a higher score on the "whiny ***** scale" than nino niederreiter is absolutely ridiculous! the swiss miss whined and cried to not go back to junior last year and he is whining and crying again about being in the ahl!
Thats absurd, OEL/Duchene/Hedman would be the #2 pick and it's not really debatable.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:40 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Thats absurd, OEL/Duchene/Hedman would be the #2 pick and it's not really debatable.
again, i'll take the word of those who talk regularly with nhl general managers rather than your own. no disrespect intended...

Old
02-17-2013, 04:42 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
again, i'll take the word of those who talk regularly with nhl general managers rather than your own. no disrespect intended...
give me some links I want to know the people who would take him over the guys I mentioned.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:48 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Sorry I don't want the Isles to pay a guy 5 million per year when he had 1 good year and it is a concern that he never scored more than 20 goals in Juniors or the NHL. Not only that, but we also have to give up a good amount to get him. The guy could end up like Dubinsky.
did you know that arron asham had 88 goals in his last 2 seasons for the red deer rebels? what has that done for him at the nhl level? he has 93 goals in 766 games. so what exactly does junior production have to do with nhl production? the fact is that o'reilly took his game to an offensive level that every single new york islander not named john tavares, hopes to find. and he did it while playing against and out producing opposition top lines night after night. this player is worth his salt.

Closed Thread