HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 3: The one where the Oilers win every trade

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 12:31 AM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
Wonder if the Oilers could buy low on somebody like Clowe. Although Eager has been playing well and Jones will be back eventually.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:47 AM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It must suck for Avs fans and management to watch a game like tonight knowing full well that they could use ROR or whatever his trade return would fetch.
They are in a tough situation. It's tough to warrant paying more money for ROR than Duchene.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:48 AM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
J Schultz has more value than RoR has, so does, hall, Eberle, yak and RNH. I do agree that he is good but he is not top 3 material. I would say Gagner and a pick or something like that but I am not over paying for RoR. We do need to make some changes on this team. I think our Fab 4 has to be broken up like this:
Hall;centreman size; Eberle
LW size; RNH; Yak
I would take a shot at Nino from the NYI I am sure that we can make a deal for him. I would actually try and make a deal with the NYI for Bailey and Nino and then role my lines like;
Hall; Bailey; Eberle
Nino; RNH; Yak
Bailey has enough skill to produce well with Hall and Eberle and Nino has the size and skill perfect for RNH and Yak. What would it take to get these two. Hemsky, Gagner, I am not quite sure what would be fair as Bailey and Nino are both on the outs with the NYI.
Totally agree with you. I've always love to get Bailey. Coach Kreuger will probably get the most out of Nino.

Hall Bailey Eberle
Nino RNH Yakupov

A lot more balanced top 6.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:16 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Wonder if the Oilers could buy low on somebody like Clowe. Although Eager has been playing well and Jones will be back eventually.
I think they at least have to try to get Clowe or Horton in the summer. Both teams will be in the playoffs though, so they're not guys to go after this year

Old
02-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
Totally agree with you. I've always love to get Bailey. Coach Kreuger will probably get the most out of Nino.

Hall Bailey Eberle
Nino RNH Yakupov

That is so much worse in every way imaginable. IMO Gagner has proven himself and Hemsky has played very well as well. I think the best option is Hemsky + Whitney + Pick for a better defensman and then sign a bigger winger in the offseason (Clowe)

Clowe - RNH - Yakupov
Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Hartikainen - Horcoff - Paajarvi
Eager/Smyth - Belanger - Jones

N Schultz - J Schultz
Smid - Petry
Trade - Fistric

Dubnyk
?

Possible trade targets? Gormley? Yandle? Seidenberg? Alzner?

Old
02-17-2013, 01:21 AM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
That is so much worse in every way imaginable. IMO Gagner has proven himself and Hemsky has played very well as well. I think the best option is Hemsky + Whitney + Pick for a better defensman and then sign a bigger winger in the offseason (Clowe)

Clowe - RNH - Yakupov
Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Hartikainen - Horcoff - Paajarvi
Eager/Smyth - Belanger - Jones

N Schultz - J Schultz
Smid - Petry
Trade - Fistric

Dubnyk
?

Possible trade targets? Gormley? Yandle? Seidenberg? Alzner?
This team is going no where with RNH, Gagner, Horcoff, Lander, CVV, Belanger as the centres. Also Clowe is just so overrrated from Oiler fans.

Edit: If DD is the #1 then the Oilers are definitely going no where. He is NOT #1 tender on a championship team.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Paralyzer008

Although I won't be angry if they don't, the Oilers really should claim Blair Jones. You get him from the rival team and he replaces Vande Velde in the lineup. Kind of a no brainer

Also he's been great lately, I've been watching Calgary and he's had many scoring chances, just hasn't capitalized.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:33 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
It must suck for Avs fans and management to watch a game like tonight knowing full well that they could use ROR or whatever his trade return would fetch.
Have to think they're working out a deal for a top 4 dman right now.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Hoogaar23

Quote:
Horcoff, picks and some prospects for ROR

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Hartikainen - Gagner - Hemsky
Paajarvi - O'Reilly - Yakupov
Smyth - Belanger - Eager

(Yes - I know it's a ridiculous offer and would never fly)

Old
02-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogaar23 View Post
Horcoff, picks and some prospects for ROR

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Hartikainen - Gagner - Hemsky
Paajarvi - O'Reilly - Yakupov
Smyth - Belanger - Eager

(Yes - I know it's a ridiculous offer and would never fly)
You're right, it wouldn't. Adrian Dater tweeted to Leafs fans to stop offering up Bozak as he's not nearly enough. Bozak is better than Horcoff. Also cheaper and younger.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Have to think they're working out a deal for a top 4 dman right now.
Agreed, makes too much sense not to. They have Duchene, Stastny & Mitchell as their centers and don't have a single defenceman who's scored. They also just have up 56 SOG.

Realistically, something like Jake Gardiner out of Toronto, Zach Bogosian out of Winnepeg, Dmitri Kulikov out of Florida, Jack Johnson out of Columbus

Old
02-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Hoogaar23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
You're right, it wouldn't. Adrian Dater tweeted to Leafs fans to stop offering up Bozak as he's not nearly enough. Bozak is better than Horcoff. Also cheaper and younger.
It was more about fantasizing no longer having Horcoff on this team

Old
02-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

vCash: 50
What contract do you guys think RNH will receive if he plays the way that he has played for the rest of the season? It would be nice if we could get him for a discount...
By the way I know he still has a year left but it would be nice to sign him after this season since his value is probably the lowest it is going to be

Old
02-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Fourier

Quote:

Hall Bailey Eberle
Nino RNH Yakupov

Bailey has never shown anything to justify playing in that slot. For whatever concerns I might have about Hemsky and Gagner's future with this team I really see this line-up as a major step back.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Fourier

Quote:

Hall Bailey Eberle
Nino RNH Yakupov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
What contract do you guys think RNH will receive if he plays the way that he has played for the rest of the season? It would be nice if we could get him for a discount...
By the way I know he still has a year left but it would be nice to sign him after this season since his value is probably the lowest it is going to be
I am pretty sure they will give him the same as they gave Hall and Eberle. What justification would there be for them to tell the kid that he is less valuable going forward than those two.

The player who might see a short bridge contract is Yakupov. This is in good part because he will be more sheltered than the other kids.

Last edited by Fourier: 02-17-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old
02-17-2013, 03:54 PM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Bailey has never shown anything to justify playing in that slot. For whatever concerns I might have about Hemsky and Gagner's future with this team I really see this line-up as a major step back.
Exactly.

People are mainly interested in Bailey because he was a top 10 pick. Bailey was only a top 10 pick because of Hall. He only had one big offensive season in junior (his draft year) and it was also the only year he had Hall on his wing. On the other hand, Bailey's absense in the following years had zero negative impact on Hall's numbers.

Gagner >> Bailey
Hemsky >> Niederreiter

Not only is Bailey not a top 6 forward, he's probably played more on the wing than at center the last couple years.

02-17-2013, 04:21 PM
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Exactly.

People are mainly interested in Bailey because he was a top 10 pick. Bailey was only a top 10 pick because of Hall. He only had one big offensive season in junior (his draft year) and it was also the only year he had Hall on his wing. On the other hand, Bailey's absense in the following years had zero negative impact on Hall's numbers.

Gagner >> Bailey
Hemsky >> Niederreiter

Not only is Bailey not a top 6 forward, he's probably played more on the wing than at center the last couple years.
Agreed. Bailey is terrible - not sure why anyone would think he's a useful addition to our top 6. Gagner is far better.

And yes, Hemmer is much better than Nino (at least at the moment). But I'd still take Nino in a package deal that would send Hemmer the other way. We need to start addressing some of the deficiencies on this team. And a legit power forward that can own the boards and go hard to the net is a big hole. This team needs to get bigger and meaner and harder to play against. That's going to happen at the expense of Gagner or Hemsky.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
Agreed. Bailey is terrible - not sure why anyone would think he's a useful addition to our top 6. Gagner is far better.

And yes, Hemmer is much better than Nino (at least at the moment). But I'd still take Nino in a package deal that would send Hemmer the other way. We need to start addressing some of the deficiencies on this team. And a legit power forward that can own the boards and go hard to the net is a big hole. This team needs to get bigger and meaner and harder to play against. That's going to happen at the expense of Gagner or Hemsky.
So which one do you move? Gagner who has defensive deficiencies but is younger or Hemsky who is older but adds gamebreaking speed and hands in full flight?

02-17-2013, 04:34 PM
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
So which one do you move? Gagner who has defensive deficiencies but is younger or Hemsky who is older but adds gamebreaking speed and hands in full flight?
I think Hemmer is the more likely candidate. He'll be pricier for us to resign, we have an abundance of fast, skilled wingers, and he's the type of player that a contender would pay a premium for to make a serious Cup run. The fact that he is playing so well is perfect. If he can stay healthy and keep up this pace, I think he's an ideal candidate to get moved at the deadline or over the summer.

That said, you move the one that is going to get you the best return. You only move Gagner if you can get a C in return, which would be an odd move for another team. Hemsky just seems easier to move and easier to replace from a positional stand point.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Quote:
I would try Hall at center (he is 66% on faceoffs, although it's a small sample size). If he excels then I would move Gagner, if he doesn't then you move him back to lw and trade Hemsky. Hall honestly reminds me of a Kesler, call me crazy...

Old
02-17-2013, 04:53 PM
ejams

I love Hemsky and would hate to see him go. If he keeps up the vintage Hemsky I want to keep him.
Would rather trade Yakupov or Eberle(oops did I say Eberle?!)

Old
02-17-2013, 04:55 PM
tiger_80

Quote:

Hall Bailey Eberle
Nino RNH Yakupov

How does replacing Gagner with Bailey help this team get bigger and tougher?

Old
02-17-2013, 04:57 PM
MessierII

Sign Bud Holloway this offseason. At least give him a camp invite. I think he could be a great third liner for years to come.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:58 PM
OilDrop37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejams View Post
I love Hemsky and would hate to see him go. If he keeps up the vintage Hemsky I want to keep him.
Would rather trade Yakupov or Eberle(oops did I say Eberle?!)
Eberle is already better than Hemsky. Yakupov is 19 and fits our rebuild much better than a 29 year old Hemsky.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:02 PM
ejams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Eberle is already better than Hemsky. Yakupov is 19 and fits our rebuild much better than a 29 year old Hemsky.

I have a bad feeling about Eberle. I don't want to say unsustainable but you know..

Closed Thread